Only one component of a product has be stopped from editing bugs.

We have a common e-mail domain and all the users can edit or log new
bugs by default.
We have three products with few components in it, now we have to stop
people from logging new bugs or editing old one for a particular
component of a product.

Example:
Product p1 has three components c1,c2 and c3.
Now we have to stop the entire user from logging new bugs or editing
the old bugs in product p1 component c2 (Only for p1->c2).

But at the same time all the user must be able to log or edit bugs for
other components c1 and c3 in product p1.
We don't know how to group in this situation.

Please advice.

0
Vivek
12/23/2004 5:52:51 AM
netscape.mozilla.webtools 4144 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On Thu, 22 Dec 2004, Vivek wrote:
> Product p1 has three components c1,c2 and c3.
> Now we have to stop the entire user from logging new bugs or editing
> the old bugs in product p1 component c2 (Only for p1->c2).
>
> But at the same time all the user must be able to log or edit bugs for
> other components c1 and c3 in product p1.
> We don't know how to group in this situation.

I don't believe this is possible with bugzilla in its current form.
Can't you tell the users "don't edit these" or something?  Closing all the
bugs in c2 would seem to be a natural thing to do which tends to
discourage editing.  If this isn't adequate can you explain the motivation
here with a few more specifics?

--
</chris>

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)