Install on Win XP Pro.

Installing the latest 2.18 version seemed to go OK especially using
Byron Jones' guide (excellent) however when I go to http://localhost/
IIS 5.1 pops up saying my web service is now running. I did change the
listen variable from 80 but not sure how to fix.

Any ideas?

0
dazzyB
3/4/2005 9:33:37 AM
netscape.mozilla.webtools 4144 articles. 0 followers. Follow

> Installing the latest 2.18 version seemed to go OK especially using
> Byron Jones' guide (excellent) however when I go to http://localhost/
> IIS 5.1 pops up saying my web service is now running. I did change the
> listen variable from 80 but not sure how to fix.

you'll need to specify the port manually in your url.  eg.  if apache is
running on port 8000, you have to use http://localhost:8000/

-b

begin-base64 644 signature.gif
R0lGODlhbQAHAIAAAABPo////ywAAAAAbQAHAAACfAxuGAnch+Bibkn7FL1p
XgVl4Ig1jjlZRoqybgun2Cur5uOunq7u/Ipq7WIyIc7XG9JquEgumPzdlhTf
h0O83kDJaXEm8mRHwXKJy5sac7qYOpT+gtv0n+0ujQOfdqh16caWt0foBViH
N1PRMXimiLUGt3ElVimlgbllWAAAOw==
====

0
byron
3/4/2005 2:41:52 PM
Thanks Byron. Now I get the Perl code displayed instead of executing
the code. I did put the entry suggested into the registry. When I run
the Perl command on a test script it runs OK.

Darren

byron jones wrote:
> > Installing the latest 2.18 version seemed to go OK especially using
> > Byron Jones' guide (excellent) however when I go to
http://localhost/
> > IIS 5.1 pops up saying my web service is now running. I did change
the
> > listen variable from 80 but not sure how to fix.
>
> you'll need to specify the port manually in your url.  eg.  if apache
is
> running on port 8000, you have to use http://localhost:8000/
>

> -b
>
> begin-base64 644 signature.gif
> R0lGODlhbQAHAIAAAABPo////ywAAAAAbQAHAAACfAxuGAnch+Bibkn7FL1p
> XgVl4Ig1jjlZRoqybgun2Cur5uOunq7u/Ipq7WIyIc7XG9JquEgumPzdlhTf
> h0O83kDJaXEm8mRHwXKJy5sac7qYOpT+gtv0n+0ujQOfdqh16caWt0foBViH
> N1PRMXimiLUGt3ElVimlgbllWAAAOw==
> ====

0
dazzyB
3/7/2005 10:17:16 AM
> Thanks Byron. Now I get the Perl code displayed instead of executing
> the code. I did put the entry suggested into the registry. When I run
> the Perl command on a test script it runs OK.

this means you haven't configured cgi correctly in apache.

check the "configure cgi" section of
http://www.bugzilla.org/docs/win32install.html