error - Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/ mysql.sock'

I just recently reinstalled MySQL-server-4.0.20-0.i386.rpm and now when I bring up my http://158.114.148.90/bugzilla/ page, I get the following error diplayed on the browser:

Software error:
Bugzilla is currently broken. Please try again later. If the problem persists, please contact long.p.nguyen@ngc.com. The error you should quote is: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) at globals.pl line 140.
For help, please send mail to the webmaster (root@localhost), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

What did I not do?
Thank you very much.

0
Nguyen
6/30/2004 8:08:10 PM
netscape.mozilla.webtools 4144 articles. 0 followers. Follow

''''''''''''''''''''

'do' won't 'do' if '/'

Parameterprefix ('@', ':', '?') with MySQL (lite) over odbc
Hi! I cant get my gridview to work with a deletecommand with a parameterprefix. I use a mysql lite installation. If a change my deletecommand to a specific id that exists in the DB everything works properly but not with @original_id (or @id). Been stuck on this for ages so I really apprechiate help. Code: asp:GridView ID="GridView1" runat="server" AllowSorting="True" AutoGenerateColumns="False" CellPadding="5" DataSourceID="SqlDataSource1" EmptyDataText="Det finns för närvarande inga kurser att boka." ForeColor="#333333" GridLines="None" Font-Size="Small" Width="688px" Horizon...

'''''

My remote site will not log-in or successfully create an account, it says 'RUNTIME ERROR' 'Server Error in '/' Application' (does work in local) PLEASE HELP! thanks
Hi, I have VB2005 and i made a form using the video from 'Get Started' and I used the default wizard (ie: Login, Create Account...) When i publish via frontpage i use 'FTP' first and then 'Frontpage or Sharepoint Services'. Note my host is ASP.net 2.0 enabled and Frontpage Server Ext. 2002... When i open my site www.thegamehouse.co.nz and go into create account, I create an account but when i click 'Create' it loads real slow for 10 secs then says the following: (Actual Error) Server Error in '/' Application. Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the...

'Mozilla Composer' on Mac: Won't open html files
Hi. Last night I tried to help my friend install Sea Monkey on his Apple Mac so he can use Mozilla Composer to create and edit html files. We appeared to successfully install Sea Monkey for Mac OS, but when we tried to open a (very, very) simple html file that I had just created in Mozilla Composer on my PC it would not open it. Every time we tried we got a dialog box saying something like: "This is a binary file. Do you want to: (a) Open it; or (b) Save it." -When we clicked on 'Open' we got the usual list of programs, but Mozilla Composer was not one of them. Actual...

Couldn't connect to 'localhost' with origin from 'local_classpath_classes'
I have installed jconnect30 and JDK115 on windows NT using netscape navigator404. After running httpd script, I ran the sample applet isql in navigator through URL: http://localhost:8000/sample/gateway.html. But I got the Unexpected Exception: netscape.security.AppletSecurityException: security.Couldn't connect to 'localhost' with origin from 'local-classpath-classes'. please help me E-mail: mlsun@public1.sdjnptt.net.cn This is being caused by Communicator finding the SybDriver class locally rather than downloading it via HTTP. Start communicator by ...

error in ''%'' operator
hi... friends    i got this error (Syntax error: Missing operand after ''%'' operator)below statement. dtBtnScr.DefaultView.RowFilter = "LOCATION_CITY'" + txtCity.Text.Trim() + "%'AND LOCATION_STATE '" + ddlState.SelectedValue + "%'AND UNIT_ID'" + txtUnitCode + "%'AND UNIT_NAME '" + txtUnitName.Text.Trim() + "%'";   thnax friends It thinks you are trying to use the modulo operator: %. Look at the RowFilter string after you build it ...you should see the prob...

'''

server error
Hi, when i am opening my asp.net site on any Nokia communicator, i am getting the following error Event code: 3005 Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred. Exception message: Browsers elements 'Mozilla' and 'Nokia' matched at the same peer level in configuration - this is not allowed. what could be the reason? how can i solve it? any answer will be appreciated. Thank you...

Getting error CS0117: 'MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlParameterCollection' does not contain a definition for 'AddWithValue'
Hi   I am trying to insert data in mysql table getting this error   Getting error CS0117: 'MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlParameterCollection' does not contain a definition for 'AddWithValue' why? my codeusing (MySqlConnection connINS = new MySqlConnection(ConnectionString)) {string ProdDesc; string Strsql = "INSERT INTO svprodtab1(Itmno,NameURL, TextURL,ImageURL,ProdDesc,ComName,ProdType,Price,UpdDate,fut2,fut1)VALUES (@itemno,@NameURL, @TextURL,@ImageURL,@ProdDesc,@ComName,@ProdType,@Price,@UpdDate,@fut2,@fut1)";MySqlCommand cmd = new MySqlCommand...

There was an error sending mail from 'bugzilla maintainer email' to 'bugzilla user email': Couldn't connect to email.company.com
hi, when users submit new tickets, they receive the this error: There was an error sending mail from 'bugzilla maintainer email' to 'bugzilla user email': Couldn't connect to email.company.com Traceback: at Bugzilla/Mailer.pm line 190 Bugzilla::Mailer::MessageToMTA(...) called at Bugzilla/BugMail.pm line 370 Bugzilla::BugMail::sendMail(...) called at Bugzilla/BugMail.pm line 272 Bugzilla::BugMail::Send(...) called at /srv/www/htdocs/bugzilla/post_bug.cgi line 226 We are running bugzilla version 4.2.1 on Linux using smtp settings with authenticated user ...

couldn't connect to 'localhost' with origin from 'local_classpath_classes' #2
I have installed jconnect30 and JDK115 on windows NT using netscape navigator404. After running httpd script, I ran the sample applet isql in navigator through URL: http://localhost:8000/sample/gateway.html. But I got the Unexpected Exception: netscape.security.AppletSecurityException: security.Couldn't connect to 'localhost' with origin from 'local-classpath-classes'. please help me E-mail: mlsun@public1.sdjnptt.net.cn ...

DBI connect('','/',...) failed: ERROR OCIEnvInit
All, I am getting the above error when attempting to connect to anOracle 9.2 = instance (9.2.0.4.0). This instance was recently upgraded from Oracle = 8.1.7.4.0 perl -V output: Summary of my perl5 (revision 5.0 version 8 subversion 2) configuration: Platform: osname=3Dlinux, osvers=3D2.4.21-169-smp, = archname=3Di686-linux-thread-multi uname=3D'linux dbprod01bldr 2.4.21-169-smp #1 smp fri jan 2 19:10:04 = utc 2004 i686 unknown config_args=3D'' hint=3Drecommended, useposix=3Dtrue, d_sigaction=3Ddefine usethreads=3Ddefine use5005threads=3Dund...

Web resources about - error - Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/ mysql.sock' - netscape.mozilla.webtools