What's the deal with SeaMonkey?

It's been my preferred browser for years. Probably since it came out. Granted, I
still use an older version, 2.0.14, because whenever I tried to upgrade, it
screwed me all over with regards to my bookmarks, passwords and the way I liked
things organized. But why is it that more and more websites are not working with
SeaMonkey? I do have Chrome and Firefox installed (and that evil Internet
Explorer) but I don't really like any of them. I prefer SeaMonkey, but why won't
it play nice with a lot of websites? Thanks.
0
rfdjr1
2/7/2014 3:02:27 AM
netscape.mozilla.seamonkey 1248 articles. 0 followers. Follow

rfdjr1@optonline.net wrote:
> It's been my preferred browser for years. Probably since it came out. Granted, I
> still use an older version, 2.0.14, because whenever I tried to upgrade, it
> screwed me all over with regards to my bookmarks, passwords and the way I liked
> things organized. But why is it that more and more websites are not working with
> SeaMonkey? I do have Chrome and Firefox installed (and that evil Internet
> Explorer) but I don't really like any of them. I prefer SeaMonkey, but why won't
> it play nice with a lot of websites? Thanks.

The problem is that the web has gone on changing while your old (2011) version of SM
has not. If you still have trouble upgrading try going to mozilla.support.seamonkey
(on news.mozilla.org) for specific issues. You can also try:

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewforum.php?f=3&sid=93439d8a8be89a3d3bbf406a224f9894
0
cmc