Problems with SM 1.1.1

Since upgrading to SeaMonkey 1.1.1 I am having several annoying
problems.  First the Maximize o Restore Up setting leaves about 1 1/2
inch of gray area between the browser window and the Taskbar.  I have to
go to Restore Down and stretch the window to fit.  Second, the Menu bar
sometimes does not appear, other times it disappears.  Yes, I have
clicked the little thingy that makes it shrink or expand with no
results.  Third and worst, if I close the browser (Navigator) window I
cannot open a browser again without rebooting.  I have tried the Window
menu, the status bar icon and restarting SM.  BTW, when I reboot it says
it is having a problem closing SM, even though I have already closed it
and TaskManager agrees there are no apps running.  I have reverted to SM
1.1 but the problems persist.  I am running Win XP with all the
upgrades.  HELP!

Steve
--
Sharpening Made Easy: A Primer on Sharpening Knives and Other Edged
Tools by Steve Bottorff

Steve B. wrote:

> Since upgrading to SeaMonkey 1.1.1 I am having several annoying
> problems.

1.1.1 sucks. Just roll back to 1.0.8.
0
Anthony
4/13/2007 9:33:58 PM
Steve B. wrote:
> Since upgrading to SeaMonkey 1.1.1 I am having several annoying
> problems.  First the Maximize o Restore Up setting leaves about 1 1/2
> inch of gray area between the browser window and the Taskbar.  I have to
> go to Restore Down and stretch the window to fit.  Second, the Menu bar
> sometimes does not appear, other times it disappears.  Yes, I have
> clicked the little thingy that makes it shrink or expand with no
> results.  Third and worst, if I close the browser (Navigator) window I
> cannot open a browser again without rebooting.  I have tried the Window
> menu, the status bar icon and restarting SM.  BTW, when I reboot it says
> it is having a problem closing SM, even though I have already closed it
> and TaskManager agrees there are no apps running.  I have reverted to SM
> 1.1 but the problems persist.  I am running Win XP with all the
> upgrades.  HELP!
>
> Steve

close the program and delete the file localstore.rdf from
the SM profile.  Restart SM, and reset everything.  Close
SM, then reopen it.  Is everything fine now?

--
Please do not email me for help.  Reply to the newsgroup
only.  And only click on the Reply button, not the Reply All

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
0
Peter
4/13/2007 9:43:02 PM
Anthony M. Davidovich schrieb:
> Steve B. wrote:
>
>> Since upgrading to SeaMonkey 1.1.1 I am having several annoying problems.
>
> 1.1.1 sucks. Just roll back to 1.0.8.

I'm still using 1.1 and it works fine for me.
But I'm hesitating to upgrade to 1.1.1 ;)

I wait for the great 1.5 with Extensionmanager:

 http://multizilla.mozdev.org/graphics/website/weblog/suiterunner-multizilla.png

Wuhahahah - geilo!

0
Thorsten
4/15/2007 5:53:01 PM
Thorsten Mann wrote:

>> 1.1.1 sucks. Just roll back to 1.0.8.
>
> I'm still using 1.1 and it works fine for me.
> But I'm hesitating to upgrade to 1.1.1 ;)

Make no apprehension! 1.1.1 is good enough comparing to 1.1, because 1.1
is just a big set of bugs-out-the-box.

But 1.1.1 sucks still yet comparing to 1.0.8.

> I wait for the great 1.5 with Extensionmanager:
>
>  http://multizilla.mozdev.org/graphics/website/weblog/suiterunner-multizilla.png

Ahh, I'd like to install it too. But I will waiting till 1.5.10 or
something like that :)

Anthony
0
Anthony
4/16/2007 8:17:26 PM
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

> close the program and delete the file localstore.rdf from the SM
> profile.  Restart SM, and reset everything.  Close SM, then reopen it.
> Is everything fine now?

Did not seem to make any difference.  I think the problems may not be in
SeaMonkey but in Windows.

Steve
0
Steve
4/16/2007 8:28:09 PM
Anthony M. Davidovich schrieb:
> Thorsten Mann wrote:
>
>>> 1.1.1 sucks. Just roll back to 1.0.8.
>>
>> I'm still using 1.1 and it works fine for me.
>> But I'm hesitating to upgrade to 1.1.1 ;)
>
> Make no apprehension! 1.1.1 is good enough comparing to 1.1, because 1.1
> is just a big set of bugs-out-the-box.
>
> But 1.1.1 sucks still yet comparing to 1.0.8.

And 1.0.8 might be the last ever 1.0 build. There is a small chance
there will be a 1.0.9, but then this will be the really last one. 1.0.x
is basically going unsupported around this time. 1.1.x is the supported
path for a much longer time.

And then, this newsgroup is even more dead. This was never a newsgroup
about the SeaMonkey project and never will be.
Look for the real SeaMonkey newsgroups on
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/community.html

Robert Kaiser
0
Robert
4/17/2007 12:43:55 AM
Robert Kaiser wrote:

> And 1.0.8 might be the last ever 1.0 build. There is a small chance
> there will be a 1.0.9, but then this will be the really last one. 1.0.x
> is basically going unsupported around this time. 1.1.x is the supported
> path for a much longer time.

As long as security updates for 1.0.x will be released, it does makes
sense to stay with 1.0.x.

Anthony

0
Anthony
4/17/2007 2:29:14 PM
Anthony M. Davidovich wrote:
> Robert Kaiser wrote:
>
>> And 1.0.8 might be the last ever 1.0 build. There is a small chance
>> there will be a 1.0.9, but then this will be the really last one.
>> 1.0.x is basically going unsupported around this time. 1.1.x is the
>> supported path for a much longer time.
>
> As long as security updates for 1.0.x will be released, it does makes
> sense to stay with 1.0.x.
>
> Anthony

Note what Robert is saying, there will not be more security updates.

Lee
0
Leonidas
4/17/2007 6:21:51 PM
Leonidas Jones wrote:

>> As long as security updates for 1.0.x will be released, it does makes
>> sense to stay with 1.0.x.

> Note what Robert is saying, there will not be more security updates.

In this case everyone must choose personally whether to stay stable but
with security holes or to stay secure but with bugs and instability :)

Anyway, thanks to SM team for a providing us this great free choice
opportunity :(

Anthony
0
Anthony
4/18/2007 3:51:27 PM
Anthony M. Davidovich wrote:
> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>
>>> As long as security updates for 1.0.x will be released, it does makes
>>> sense to stay with 1.0.x.
>
>> Note what Robert is saying, there will not be more security updates.
>
> In this case everyone must choose personally whether to stay stable but
> with security holes or to stay secure but with bugs and instability :)
>
> Anyway, thanks to SM team for a providing us this great free choice
> opportunity :(
>
> Anthony

 From here, I find 1.1.1 to be perfectly stable, and a definite
improvement over 1.0.

You have never stated exactly what problems you are experiencing,
perhaps there are solutions.

Lee
0
Leonidas
4/18/2007 7:12:13 PM
Leonidas Jones wrote:

>  From here, I find 1.1.1 to be perfectly stable, and a definite
> improvement over 1.0.
>
> You have never stated exactly what problems you are experiencing,
> perhaps there are solutions.
>
> Lee
I stated MY problems in the initial post of this thread.  They still
exist.  I have found a workaround for the last one.  When I look at Task
Manager (Ctl-Alt-Del)I see that SeaMonkey is closed as an application
but is still running as a process.  If I end the process I can restart
SM with a Navigator window without rebooting Windows.  The size and menu
problems remain unsolved.
0
Steve
4/23/2007 8:36:04 PM
Steve B. wrote:
> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>
>>  From here, I find 1.1.1 to be perfectly stable, and a definite
>> improvement over 1.0.
>>
>> You have never stated exactly what problems you are experiencing,
>> perhaps there are solutions.
>>
>> Lee
> I stated MY problems in the initial post of this thread.  They still
> exist.  I have found a workaround for the last one.  When I look at Task
> Manager (Ctl-Alt-Del)I see that SeaMonkey is closed as an application
> but is still running as a process.  If I end the process I can restart
> SM with a Navigator window without rebooting Windows.  The size and menu
> problems remain unsolved.

Steve, my reply was directed towards Anthony, who has railed several
times about the instability of SM 1.1.1, without giving a single
specific. This unhelpfulness has distracted most people posting here
from your original problem.

Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce any of your problems. Maximize/Restore
works perfectly, the menu bar never disappears.

If I close the browser window, with mail still open, I can reopen the
browser either from the Component Bar or the Window menu.  Obviously,
that it not what you mean.

In Windows, closing with the closebox (the X at the left) is intended to
close that particular window.  It will also close the app if it is the
only window open.

However, SeaMonkey is a cross platform application, and nott every OS
behaves that way. Sometime if you use the closebox on the only open
window, the window closes, but seamonkey.exe hangs for a while.  It
usually closes itself, but if you close and reopen very quickly, as you
might when installing a new extension or theme, it does not have time to
do so.

If, however, you close via File>>Exit, the app is much more likely yo
shut down correctly.  I tested this a while back, using Firefox, but the
result should be the same. In 20 close/reopens using the closebox, the
app hung 5 times.  IN 20 using File>>Exit, the app hung once.  I suggest
that as your solution, particularly if you need to close and reopen very
quickly.

Since I can't reproduce your other problems, I am in the dark.  You
might try navigating to your  profile folder with SeaMonkey completely
closed, and delete the file localstore.rdf.  Restart SeaMonkey. You will
lose certain view customizations, window size, toolbars hidden or
displayed, but you can recustomize and it may help.

Failing that, it may be an extension or theme issue.  Switch to one of
the default themes, if you are using a 3rd party theme, or from one of
the default themes to the other, and see if it works.

If that does not work, create a new profile and test.

Lee

0
Leonidas

seamonkey 1.1.1 update problem
Hello to all, we are using an automatic software deployment system (http;// opsi.org). This tool installs software with administrative rights but without any user logged in. Deinstalling SM 1.07 and installing SM 1.1.1 with commandline switch '- ma' is no problem. It is also no Problem to start SM 1.1.1 after installation with a enigmail.xpi under control auf AutIt using this administrative task. There is also no problem to login afterwards and to start SM 1.1.1 if the user had no SM 1.0.7 profile before. But is the user had a 1.0.7 Profile before (wich was created with...

SeaMonkey 1.0.8 and 1.1.1
Hi localizers, Sorry for not informing you earlier on, but first we had to do a few respins and then I was too busy with the FOSDEM conference... Anyways, we're about to release the newest SeaMonkey security and stability update releases right now, with the version numbers 1.0.8 and 1.1.1 Due to our L10n freezes, both work with the language packs from earlier versions (1.0 or 1.1), but if you want binary builds up on FTP, you need to regenerate them for those versions. Both are already up in their respective release directories: http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozill...

Problems/questions moving from Mozilla 1.7.12 to SeaMonkey 1.1.17
I am encountering problems and questions moving from Mozilla 1.7.12 to SeaMonkey 1.1.17 under WinXP Pro SP2. Problems: 1. Although my preferences are set to download messages at startup and every 10 minutes, all that happens is that I'm alerted that mail is available on the server and I have to manually download. 2. When searching messages, the drop down menu *ALL* SUBfolders not just the top level folders. My folder levels can be 4 deep and my primary email account has over 80 folders. When searching, I always want to search at the ac...

Problem (hanging) with enhanced Seamonkey 1.1.1+
I tried installing SeaMonkey 1.1.1+ (PW enhanced version) several days ago. I found very quickly that it is prone to locking my my system completely. Generally this happens (fairly reliably, in fact) when (a) I have multiple tabs open, and (b) one tab pops up a dialog window (e.g. "cookie" window, download prompt, etc.), usually when a different tab is also trying to load a page or do something. As soon as the dialog appears, the WPS completely locks up. Ctrl-Esc does not work, and even the WarpCentre clock stops. C-A-D mercifully still functions, although it simply ...

problem with forms and gecko/SeaMonkey 1.1.1

SM nightlies 1.1.1
Hi Robert, Latest Mac nightly 1.1.1 is third of April. Same problem as a few weeks ago? Nanny ...

Javascript, SM 1.1.1
I seem to have developed a problem with javascript; namely, it's always on. I generally enable/disable it through a checkbox in prefbar. Thinking that prefbar might be the source of the problem, I reloaded the page and tried disabling javascript through the preferences menu, but it made no difference. Lastly, I reloaded the page and disabled quick launch, but that too made no difference. As an example, with javascript disabled you should have the equivalent of a dead link (I think) when you click on any of the four thumbnails under the words "Select a picture" in this...

crash on SM 1.1.1
Mozilla/5.0 (OS/2; U; Warp 4.5; en-US; rv:1.8.1.2) Gecko/20070306 SeaMonkey/1.1.1 From popuplog.os2: 09-27-2007 16:42:50 SYS3175 PID 09a3 TID 0001 Slot 00f0 D:\SEAMONKEY\SEAMONKEY.EXE c0000005 1ccc75d2 P1=00000001 P2=01140000 P3=XXXXXXXX P4=XXXXXXXX EAX=0011d96a EBX=01140000 ECX=00000000 EDX=00000000 ESI=00000402 EDI=00c0f060 DS=0053 DSACC=f0f3 DSLIM=ffffffff ES=0053 ESACC=f0f3 ESLIM=ffffffff FS=150b FSACC=00f3 FSLIM=00000030 GS=0000 GSACC=**** GSLIM=******** CS:EIP=005b:1ccc75d2 CSACC=f0df CSLIM=ffffffff SS:ESP=0053:0011d948 SSACC=f0f3 SSLIM=ff...

mboximport SM 1.1.1
Has anyone comments on the mboximport for Seamonkey. from: http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/modifiedmisc.html Shows as succesful install, but I can't figure out how/if the darn thing works. (xsidebar installed) running: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.2) Gecko/20070222 SeaMonkey/1.1.1 ID:2007022206 Modern theme Any details on HOW to configure and steps to export/import mail folders is greatly appreciated. regards:captjlddavis captjlddavis wrote: > Has anyone comments on the mboximport for Seamonkey. > from: > > http://xsid...

Test #1, Seamonkey 1.1
This is a test of Seamonkey 1.1. The date is 1/19/07. This is only a test. -- James E. Morrow Email to: jamesemorrow@email.com James E. Morrow wrote: > This is a test of Seamonkey 1.1. The date is 1/19/07. This is only a test. > This is a test of reply. This is only a test. -- James E. Morrow Email to: jamesemorrow@email.com ...

Test for SeaMonkey 1.1.1
Test for SeaMonkey 1.1.1 ...

Mozilla 1.0.1 and JRE 1.3.1
I need to use the JRE1.3.1 JVM plugin with Mozilla 1.0.1. What I'm currently doing is creating a link in the plugins directory to the j2re1_3_1_08/plugin/sparc/ns600/libjavaplugin_oji.so object. However, when I enter Mozilla and select "About Plugin-ins", I can see that Mozilla is not recognizing the jvm. Creating a similar link with the Java 1.4.1 JRE works -- so am I doing something wrong with JRE 1.3? Or is Mozilla 1.0.1 / Netscape 7.0 incompatible with JRE 1.3? Kind regards, Daniel ...

SeaMonkey 1.1.1 and 1.0.8 in italian
Hi, as usual, I've made windows build for SeaMonkey. Can you upload it? 1.1.1: Installer: http://downloads.sourceforge.net/mozilla-italia/seamonkey-1.1.1.it-IT.win32.installer.exe Langpack: http://downloads.sourceforge.net/mozilla-italia/seamonkey-1.1.1.it-IT.langpack.xpi Zip: http://downloads.sourceforge.net/mozilla-italia/seamonkey-1.1.1.it-IT.win32.zip 1.0.8: Installer: http://downloads.sourceforge.net/mozilla-italia/seamonkey-1.0.8.it-IT.win32.installer.exe Zip: http://downloads.sourceforge.net/mozilla-italia/seamonkey-1.0.8.it-IT.win32.zip thanks, Iacopo Ia...

Web resources about - Problems with SM 1.1.1 - netscape.mozilla.seamonkey

The problem with Australia Day
National days should unite. Ours divides. January 26 is precisely the wrong date.

No shuttle? No problem. Space City’s new carrier aircraft exhibit soars
Independence sits atop the Shuttle Carrier Aircraft. (credit: Lee Hutchinson) HOUSTON—It was the bitterest of pills for Houston, the home of ...

Existing Home Sales Bounce Essentially a Mirage; Supply Drops to 11-Year Low: Is that a Problem?
Home Sales Mirage Bounce December existing Home Sales bounced a whopping 14.7% from November's dismal showing. But most of that bounce was a ...

Flint’s Not the Only Problem in Michigan
State residents are protesting a plan by a Marathon Petroleum refinery to increase emissions of sulfur dioxide and seven other toxic chemicals. ...

Complaining About Social Media? You’re Part Of The Problem.
... for following people back. If anything, this “quid pro quo” thing we’ve created on social networks is part of what has created the very problem ...

Idris Elba nailed Hollywood's diversity problem
"Beasts of No Nation" star Idris Elba recently addressed British Parliament about diversity issues in the TV and movie industry. He called out ...

The Problem Is Power Itself
... to ensure that only the ‘right’ people control state power, but by reducing state power itself. Put differently, the fundamental problem is ...

Viola Davis: The problem isn’t the Oscars, the problem is the whole industry
... her anger and sadness at the system that devalues her as a woman and as an artist. So, Viola has chimed in about #OscarsSoWhite. “The problem ...

IDG Contributor Network: The machine learning problem of the next decade
A few months ago, my company, CrowdFlower, ran a machine learning competition on Kaggle . It perfectly highlighted the biggest opportunity (and ...