mozilla

From: Michael Lefevre (news+04@michaellefevre.com)
Subject: Re: GRE Confusion
Original Format
Newsgroups: netscape.public.mozilla.seamonkey
Date: 2003-09-21 04:37:53 PST

In article <bkhvbe$2p42@ripley.netscape.com>, Jay Garcia wrote:
> On 20.09.03 11:26, Michael Lefevre wrote:
>
>> In article <bkhm7j$nvj2@ripley.netscape.com>, Jay Garcia wrote:
>>> If you've never installed Netscape 6/7 or any version of Mozilla, then
>>> there is no GRE if you install F'Bird or T'Bird ?? Is it "embedded" in
>>> the apps or what?
>>
>> Pretty much - the GRE stuff in Firebird and Thunderbird isn't separated
>> yet.  Obviously it's still there, or the apps wouldn't work.  At some
>> point it will move out of the app folders so that it can be shared...
>>

> This user claimed he installed Moz 1.5Rc1 from the SEA and says there is
> no GRE in the /program files/common files/ .. no /mozilla.org/ folder
> either. I'm beginning to doubt this situation very much ...

I would also doubt that situation.  It's quite possible to have Mozilla
installed with the GRE under the Mozilla program folder, and that happens
with the zip installs, but the SEA installer puts the GRE under the
"common files" folder by default.  I've installed 1.5RC1 and the GRE is at
C:\Program Files\Common Files\mozilla.org\GRE\1.5b_2003091616

> I wouldn't think that the GRE is actually being shared with the FB or TB
> install ???!!!

I don't even think that's possible - certainly not something that the user
could do without knowing about it...

--
Michael
0

Having problems with "Threads with Unread" in mozilla.support.seamonkey on news.mozilla.org in SeaMonkey v1.06.
Hello, I seem to have found another problem after uninstalling Mozilla v1.7.13 (kept my profiles and did not delete my Mozilla folder/directory to copy the extensions and plugins) and installing SeaMonkey v1.06 last night in Windows XP Pro. SP2 (all updates). 2 screen shots: http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/9589/mozillasupportseamonkeyec0.gif .... I can't seem to make "Threads with Unread" work in mozilla.support.seamonkey newsgroup on news.mozilla.org news server. I tried unsubscribing, resubscribing, changing options, compacting (compact if 100+ KB in se...

Rant: The Mozilla suite (aka SeaMonkey) should be a wrapper for Mozilla software
Name: Tim Chambers Email: tygrus_at_iinet.net.au Product: SeaMonkey Summary: Rant: The Mozilla suite (aka SeaMonkey) should be a wrapper for Mozilla software Comments: It seems a waste to have parallel development of browser in Firefox and SeaMonkey. The suite should be the wrapper for the other applications. A light install could just be the browser (Firefox) or add the mail client (Thunderbird). You can download Firefox to update the browser, run the Thunderbird installer to add mail client, or run the full suite installer to add/remove several. Links show in installed...

Mozilla SeaMonkey and Mozilla Sunbird on U3 Smart flash drives
Hello, everyone! My name is Valeria Zysman and I type from Buenos Aires. Well, you'll see, there's a mobile platform for USB flash drives called U3 Smart (http://u3.com/), which is designed by SanDisk. U3 Smart flash drives run on Windows 2000 SP4, Windows XP (all versions and service packs) and Windows Vista (all versions and service packs as well). It is similar to PortableApps.com platform but is NOT a PortableApps.com platform. For instance, Mozilla Firefox and Mozilla Thunderbird U3 Smart builds update without the need of reinstall all the whole program itself but the...

Mozilla Reps, Mozilla Rep, Mozilla Representative, ReMo, etc?
Hi, I saw something on Yammer today, that some of us write our job title as Mozilla Reps there, but some write it. Mozilla Rep Mozilla Representative Mozilla Reps I know we have other names such as ReMo MozReps MozRep IMO, it's okay to have many different names, but shouldn't we need to agree of 1 name to write properly on job title (especially on such as yammer)? How do you think? I think Mozilla Representative Jairo Ruiz Representante Oficial de Mozilla http://gpljaruiz.wordpress.com/ 2013/2/22 Yofie Setiawan <yofie@yopdesign.com> > Hi, ...

Building SeaMonkey 2.35 off mozilla-release or mozilla-38esr+THUNDERBIRD_38_VERBRANCH
rsx11m and I think that we should build SeaMonkey 2.35 off mozilla-esr38 since we can use the Thunderbird release branch which has: 1) all the patchs needed for Thunderbird/ Mailnews so we don't have to land these again on mozilla-release. 2) the latest stability and security fixes for Gecko 38 in a form which shouldn't break any APIs or ABIs that we are using. I think Callek said he prefers using mozilla-release as our base but I don't know how adamant he is. Phil -- Philip Chee <philip@aleytys.pc.my>, <philip.chee@gmail.com> http://flashblock.mozde...

Who's monkeying with the mozilla.support.seamonkey: record in my news.mozilla.com.rc file?
Every several months something corrupts the contents of the mozilla.support.seamonkey: record in the news.mozilla.com.rc file of my SM profile. All of a sudden, all of the unread articles in the newsgroup are marked as read. This happens in between news reading sessions. i.e. when I connect to the server the next time, the number of unread articles reported has dropped from whatever it was when I ended the previous reading session, down to only the number of new articles that have just arrived. If I open the .rc file with an editor, the record for the newsgroup has been modified to s...

SeaMonkey or Mozilla
I have an old configuration with Windows 98. If we ignore security problems. Do you think that Mozilla 1.7.13 is better than SeaMonkey 1.1.8 ? 1.7 is the stable branch and I think 1.8 is not. Is it better to use Mozilla 1.7.13 for the stability ? What do you think ? Thank you very much. JR wrote: > I have an old configuration with Windows 98. > If we ignore security problems. > Do you think that Mozilla 1.7.13 is better than SeaMonkey 1.1.8 ? > 1.7 is the stable branch and I think 1.8 is not. > Is it better to use Mozilla 1.7.13 for the stability ? > What do you...

Opening Mozilla into Mozilla Mail
At one time I had 2 Mozilla icons on the desktop. One opened Mozilla into Mozilla Mail and the other opened Mozilla into Navigator. I've lost the icons and can't remember how I did it. Can anyone help? BP wrote: > At one time I had 2 Mozilla icons on the desktop. One opened Mozilla into > Mozilla Mail and the other opened Mozilla into Navigator. I've lost the > icons and can't remember how I did it. Can anyone help? > > see news.mozilla.org/dbgj16$jv54@ripley.netscape.com I hope I did this right. Andy -- to contact me, remov...

Firebird or Mozilla... Thunderbird or Mozilla...
I just got finished reading the roadmap to try and figure out if I would be better off stacking with FB and TB, or if I should install the Mozilla Suite. I cannot make heads or tails out of the roadmap. I cannot figure out what would be the best choice. Would someone here kindly outline the key decision issues for the two different paths? Thanx, zeddock. zeddock on 04.11.03 22:12 wrote: > I just got finished reading the roadmap to try and figure out if I would > be better off stacking with FB and TB, or if I should install the > Mozilla Suite. Uh, this...

Mozilla Survey Crashes Mozilla
Name: Alonso Product: Firefox Summary: Mozilla Survey Crashes Mozilla Comments: Every time the "tell us about Mozilla" survey pops up, it crashes Mozilla, right in the middle of whatever I was doing. Every time. So I never fill in a survey because that's pretty rude. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.1) Gecko/20060111 Firefox/1.5.0.1 ...

Mozilla fiddles while Mozilla burns
Today I contacted three people that I had in the past convinced to switch from IE or Chrome to FF. I persuaded them to uninstall FF because of your culture of politically correct bigotry. After reading this list today, I think I'll keep doing that as a hobby. Why? Because after the politically correct witch hunt that resulted in Eich being out and radical gays being appeased, all I see here are what come across as smug attempts to deflect blame and just weather the storm. FF is the new IE, the boorish clod that wants to just dissemble or stomp over any opposition in the style of Gates. ...

Mozilla Europe and Mozilla in Europe
This has been communicated to MozCamp Berlin attendees and Mozilla employees via email, but this should be public, so here it is). << Last week-end at the EU MozCamp in Berlin we shared plans for further focusing and expanding Mozilla efforts in Europe - and we thought you might be interested to know what we said. Mozilla has been widely successful in Europe. The Mozilla Mission resonates especially well with Europeans. The user base of Firefox and Thunderbird is very high, and Firefox is a well understood part of mainstream life. What many of us don't realize is that w...

Mozilla Calendar on Mozilla Update
The calendar extension is now also being hosted on update.mozilla.org: http://update.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=208 Feel free to rate it. Although the best recommended way to download the calendar xpi is to use the download page at: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/download.html if you want to try it from there, make sure you go to http://update.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=208&page=releases and pick the correct OS because the main page does not seem to be detecting the OS properly. Mostafa ...

Mozilla seamonkey
http://www.mozilla.org/seamonkey-transition.html Think this must be the worst news the I have read from mozilla.org. I cannot see why you are doing this becouse sea-monkey is the base of the mozilla.org it was therefor it was started in the first place. If I remeber correctly. I prefer seamonkey over firefox along way. alphadec wrote: > http://www.mozilla.org/seamonkey-transition.html > > Think this must be the worst news the I have read from mozilla.org. > > I cannot see why you are doing this becouse sea-monkey is the base of > the mozilla.org it ...

update book of mozilla, about:mozilla
There was an update to the Book of Mozilla, which didn't change the entities. Landed already a while back in bug 41152. Please have a look at your translations of the strings in toolkit/chrome/global/mozilla.dtd? Thanks Axel Axel Hecht wrote: > There was an update to the Book of Mozilla, which didn't change the > entities. Landed already a while back in bug 41152. Errata: Make that bug 411352, missed a '3'. ...

Web resources about - mozilla - netscape.mozilla.seamonkey

Mozilla Labs
Popcorn lets users link social media, news feeds, data visualizations and other content directly to moving images. The result is a new form of ...

Mozilla Tips
Mozilla’s Firefox is one of the most popular browsers in the digital market today. The ongoing commitment of Mozilla to performance, privacy ...

Mozilla — Home of the Mozilla Project — mozilla.org
Mozilla Mission About Projects Get Involved We are Non-profit, for the good of the Web Different by Design Proudly non-profit Innovating for ...

Mozilla Festival - Open web developers, journalists and educators coming together to reinvent media on ...
Here’s a curated selection of #MozFest tweets and media, filtered for links, demos, interviews and documentation created by Mozilla Festival ...

Mozilla Ignite
Design and build apps for the faster, smarter internet of the future . Mozilla and the National Science Foundation invite you to take part in ...

Mozilla Links
Recent Firefox nightlies feature more bits from Australis, the new major theme update. This time, toolbar buttons have gone flat, featuring no ...

Mozilla Popcorn - Making video work like the web
mozilla Home Popcorn.js Popcorn Maker Learn Popcorn Blog What is POPCORN? Popcorn makes video work like the web. We create tools and programs ...

The Mozilla Blog - News, notes and ramblings from the Mozilla project
News, notes and ramblings from the Mozilla project