Click on a link to seamonkey.exe doesn't work if SeaMonkey is running

Hello,
I used to click on the browser icon in the quicklaunch bar to open a new
browser window. It worked for IE and Firefox but if SeaMonkey has
already been started, a click doesn't bring up another browser window.
This is really annoying, especially if the browser window has been
closed while downloading a big file. Then, the progress dialog window
(from which you can't go to the browser/mail client etc) is still there,
but you can't open the browser with a link to the seamonkey.exe as long
as this window hasn't been closed. So for browsing with SeaMonkey you
have to abort the download or to wait until the download is complete.
Is there a solution for this problem?

Thanks,
Christian
0
Christian
2/3/2007 3:18:04 PM
netscape.mozilla.seamonkey 1248 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Christian Kuhlgatz wrote:
> Hello,
> I used to click on the browser icon in the quicklaunch bar to open a new
> browser window. It worked for IE and Firefox but if SeaMonkey has
> already been started, a click doesn't bring up another browser window.
> This is really annoying, especially if the browser window has been
> closed while downloading a big file. Then, the progress dialog window
> (from which you can't go to the browser/mail client etc) is still there,
> but you can't open the browser with a link to the seamonkey.exe as long
> as this window hasn't been closed. So for browsing with SeaMonkey you
> have to abort the download or to wait until the download is complete.
> Is there a solution for this problem?
>
> Thanks,
> Christian

you might want to take a look at your system. I don't have problems
clicking on links if the browser is running, running then closed, or the
download manager is running, or whatever scenario you give.

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
http://www.bcdb.com/cartoon/46347-Peter_Potamus_Show.html
http://www.toonarific.com/show.php?s_search=Potamus&Button_Update=Search&show_id=2778

Please do not email me for help.  Reply to the newsgroup only.  Thanks
0
Peter