spammer

Can somebody please block this asshole "blog651@watchesblog.cn"?  I'm 
sick of finding his crap for sale every time I open this newsgroup.  If 
there's some way that I can "block sender" please let me know.  Thanks.
0
Dave
7/17/2008 12:37:08 PM
netscape.mozilla.mail-news 6068 articles. 0 followers. Follow

4 Replies
322 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 58

On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 08:37:08 -0400, in message <lIudnRfVXJRwoeLVnZ2dnUVZ_oDinZ2d@mozilla.org>,
Dave wrote:

> If 
> there's some way that I can "block sender" please let me know.

Two ways.  The first one is easier, but the second one allows
you to create a filter which applies to more than one group.

1.  FIRST METHOD

    1.1  Select the offending message
    1.2  Use  "Message � Create Filter from Message"

    Please note

        The scope of the new filter will be this
        one newsgroup on this server.

        If you want to block the same sender in other groups,
        either create a separate filter for each group
        or use method #2 below to create a filter which applies
        to all groups on the news server.

2.  SECOND METHOD

    2.1  Go to "Tools � Message Filters"
    2.2  In the "Filters for" box at the top, select
         either the news server or a newsgroup on the server.
    2.3  Click the "New" button
    2.4  Manually configure your filter, the same as method #1
         would automatically configure it.

-- 
Cheers
Ralph
0
Ralph
7/18/2008 7:08:30 AM
On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 08:37:08 -0400, Dave wrote:

> Can somebody please block this asshole "blog651@watchesblog.cn"?

Nope, because it's Usenet so anyone can post anything to any open,
unmoderated group.

Yes, I got fed up with the garbage too, so I set a global rule to
delete it both on the sender and on the subject using just one word
from the subject line that was unlikely to appear in a normal post for
this group or any other group.

You should be able to do the same.  Look under Tools for message
filters or look in the Help file to find out how to set up the rule.
0
Charani
7/18/2008 8:38:35 AM
Ralph Fox wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 08:37:08 -0400, in message <lIudnRfVXJRwoeLVnZ2dnUVZ_oDinZ2d@mozilla.org>,
> Dave wrote:
>
>   
>> If 
>> there's some way that I can "block sender" please let me know.
>>     
>
> Two ways.  The first one is easier, but the second one allows
> you to create a filter which applies to more than one group.
>
> 1.  FIRST METHOD
>
>     1.1  Select the offending message
>     1.2  Use  "Message � Create Filter from Message"
>
>     Please note
>
>         The scope of the new filter will be this
>         one newsgroup on this server.
>
>         If you want to block the same sender in other groups,
>         either create a separate filter for each group
>         or use method #2 below to create a filter which applies
>         to all groups on the news server.
>
> 2.  SECOND METHOD
>
>     2.1  Go to "Tools � Message Filters"
>     2.2  In the "Filters for" box at the top, select
>          either the news server or a newsgroup on the server.
>     2.3  Click the "New" button
>     2.4  Manually configure your filter, the same as method #1
>          would automatically configure it.
>
>   
Thanks a lot, Ralph.
Dave
0
Dave
7/21/2008 4:16:28 AM
Charani wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 08:37:08 -0400, Dave wrote:
>
>   
>> Can somebody please block this asshole "blog651@watchesblog.cn"?
>>     
>
> Nope, because it's Usenet so anyone can post anything to any open,
> unmoderated group.
>
> Yes, I got fed up with the garbage too, so I set a global rule to
> delete it both on the sender and on the subject using just one word
> from the subject line that was unlikely to appear in a normal post for
> this group or any other group.
>
> You should be able to do the same.  Look under Tools for message
> filters or look in the Help file to find out how to set up the rule.
>   
Thanks, Charani.
Dave
0
Dave
7/21/2008 4:19:28 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

A way to reorder the mail/news accounts in Mozilla Mail ?
I have many email accounts, mostly due to using temporary email addresses. Each listserv/news server I belong to could have its own account, and I use some more than others, so I would love to be able to just drag those to the top of the list. For instance, I have had this address for my news.mozilla.org nntp account for better than a year but never felt the need to post anything; since you are all doing such a wonderful job! ;-) Many thanks! Steve. On 1/13/2004 12:04 PM, Steve Coleman wrote: > I have many email accounts, mostly due to using temporary email > ad...

transporting settings/emails from mozilla-mail to mozilla-mail
Hallo, I've got a really, really big problem. I'm working with mozilla-mail on an Linux OS for about 2 or 3 years. Two months ago my harddisk crashed. To keep on working , I set up a new Linux OS with the new mozilla-mail. Now the harddisk is repaired. I could reach my mails and setings (filter, accounts...) of the last 2 or 3 Years again, if I knew how to import these information from the old system into the new system. Help needed, because I'm without any e-mail-address of the last 2 or 3 years. Thanks Karsten ...

Mozilla mail/news settings
Hi, can someone tell me how to - make Mozilla download all headers and bodies from some subscribed newsgroups? - make Mozilla remember passwords for mail and news servers? - mark multiple newsgroups read in one go (without marking them read individually)? Thanks for the help, I don't seem to find these things... Cheers, Tim Tim wrote: > Hi, > > can someone tell me how to > - make Mozilla download all headers and bodies from some subscribed > newsgroups? > - make Mozilla remember passwords for mail and news servers? > - mark multip...

Mozilla News Mailing list
Hi, Today I had strange situation , I'm Mozilla Rep as you all , but today one man asked me ,could I explain him more about new type of updates which will be implemented in firefox 8 because he isn't familiar with chrome and their update system. And in that moment I was like WOOT where did you hear that, after school i searched on web and I found on some local news portal more about it . OK now my question: Is there any Mailing list (news list) where mozilla PR team is sending news about mozilla ,that are published to the news agencies ? Because I think, we mozilla ...

Backing up and restoring Mozilla mail and news
Hi, I am currently evaluating Mozilla with a view to moving all my browsing, mail and news activities to it. I am wondering how I would go about backing up my mozilla mail database and settings prior to having to reinstall windows. I notice that there is a load of mozilla related files in my c:\Documents and Settings\Kevin\Application Data\Mozilla folder. So is it just a case of backing up this folder, reinstall windows, reinstall mozilla and then restore this folder? There seems to be nothing in the online help related to this. Thanks Kevin kv158@nospamhere.icqmail.com r...

Mozilla Mail&News quoting
I'm just curious... As most Mozilla users know, the program turns quotation symbols (> > > ) into vertical bars. However, if I try to fool it by writing the symbols myself, like in this fake quotation: > This is a fake quote. Here is some extra text to make > the quote two lines long. ....Mozilla doesn't turn it into a vertical bar. Why is that? What is the trigger for an "actual" quote? Mike Mike Meyer wrote: > I'm just curious... As most Mozilla users know, the program turns > quotation symbols (> > > ) into verti...

[ADMIN] mozilla-mail-news is moving!
It should be no secret these days that the Mozilla Foundation and its related projects are no longer a pet project of Netscape, yet the newsgroups we are using for public discussions still bear the Netscape name. We've been planning for years to move from netscape.public.mozilla.* to just mozilla.*, and the time has finally come! In August, we announced a partnership with Giganews Newsgroups (http://www.giganews.com/) to provide NNTP services for our news.mozilla.org domain. It's taken a few months of planning to make it happen, but we're now in the process of moving a...

Has Mozilla Mail & News these features?
- X-Face - ROT13 Thanks, Kay Kay Findeisen wrote: > - X-Face <https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=20417> <https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=60881> > - ROT13 As an extension: <http://www.pinkroom.biz/owl/minirot13/> -- /Martin Bagge mail: martin@bagge.nu PGP: http://martin.bagge.nu/pgp.asc web: http://martin.bagge.nu Martin Bagge / brother wrote: >> - ROT13 > As an extension: > <http://www.pinkroom.biz/owl/minirot13/> What advantage would that have over right-click and Encoders/Decoders? B/ B...

web-based mozilla mail-news
is there such a beast for use on apache? I could set up an IMAP server to do it but don't know if there is IMAP server that use UNix system mailbox format. -- .~. Might, Courage, Vision. In Linux We Trust. / v \ http://www.linux-sxs.org /( _ )\ Linux 2.4.22-xfs ^ ^ 8:34am up 14 days, 9:06, 0 users, load average: 0.97, 0.92, 0.95 ...

News server authentication with Mozilla Mail
I am a University of Phoenix student and have to access their news server to do my class work. Their official statement is that you have to use Outlook Express to access the news groups. What kind of crap is that? I have been trying to use Mozilla Mail to connect but it will not authenticate. All the UoP support will tell me is that I've got to use OE. I can't find anything on the net either. How do I enable Secure Password Authentication (SPA) in Mozilla Mail? Artacus ...

Why is Mozilla Mail & News so slow ?
Hi, i have Mozilla 1.5 installed on my XP PRO. 256MB 1GH i have it allways minimized. if i stop using it for some time, when i try to get back to it, sometimes it takes some seconds to have focus just an example... Thank You C. Sousa wrote: > Hi, > i have Mozilla 1.5 installed on my XP PRO. > 256MB 1GH > i have it allways minimized. > > if i stop using it for some time, when i try to get back to it, > sometimes it takes some seconds to have focus > just an example... > > Thank You > There are some bug reports on this behavior...

Mozilla Mail: mail download status, and interrupting the mail download
Hi, 1) Could Mozilla Mail provide better indication of mail download status? On my home machine (Mozilla 1.4, Windows XP) all I get is the progress bar and the activity lights on the modem. I think that an Outlook Express-style window would be useful, showing current account, current action (e.g. authenticating, donwloading message X of Y) and a progress bar. As it stands, it's hard to tell what's going on. Last night, someone send me an 8MB email unexpectedly, and it took me quite a while to realise what was going on. It seemed like Mozilla had just 'got stuck' -...

How to change button assignment in Mozilla mail/news?
Version: 1.5/Windows I'd like to change the function of the button that says "Get Msgs" into "get all messages from all accounts". Is this possible? Thanks Het And it came to pass that Het wrote: > Version: 1.5/Windows > > I'd like to change the function of the button that says > "Get Msgs" into "get all messages from all accounts". > > Is this possible? > No. Try using Firebird, which allows that kind of thing. -- Netscape FAQs: http://www.ufaq.org Netscape 6/7 Tips: http://www.hol...

Spammers found tricks to beat Mozilla mails.
I was pretty happy and joy for a period of time using mozilla e-mails software. In recent weeks, i got those junks from spammers suppose to filter move those garbage directly into junk folder or trash, end up in my inbox. Conclusion, no software can beat those criminal except taught law: execute them. mailuser wrote: > I was pretty happy and joy for a period of time using mozilla e-mails > software. In recent weeks, i got those junks from spammers suppose to > filter move those garbage directly into junk folder or trash, end up in > my inbox. > > Conclusio...

Sharing mails/news between mozilla for linux and windows
Hi, I wish to use mozilla forWindows *and* mozilla for Linux on my local area network. The mails of the users are stored on a shared directory of the network (/home/{user}/_mails under linux, H:\_mails under Windows (samba share)). I noticed that the only differences between the 2 Mails/News configurations are located in the ascii file "prefs.js" (some ref to /home/... with linux or H:\\, C:\\ with windows) I created a little script which converts a prefs.js for Windows (prefs.js.windows) into a prefs.js for linux (prefs.js.linux). I copy "prefs.js.windows...

Web resources about - spammer - netscape.mozilla.mail-news

Facebook Donates $250K Recovered From Spammers To UAB
... grant from Facebook Monday, and the funding comes not from the company’s coffers, but from money that Facebook has recovered from spammers around ...

Updates in Facebook’s Fight Against Spam and Spammers - Facebook
Facebook Security hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel Updates in Facebook’s Fight Against Spam and Spammers geschrieben. Du kannst den vollständigen ...

Facebook wins $3 million, injunctive relief in spammer lawsuit
After a years-long battle in court, Facebook won a $3 million-plus cash settlement and permanent injunction against the company behind Power.com ...

Help us nail spammers - Twitter Blogs
Today we’ve added another tool to our spam fighting toolbox that will give users the ability to flag bad accounts on Twitter. Folks can now help ...

Spotless - Block Instagram spammers automatically on the App Store on iTunes
Get Spotless - Block Instagram spammers automatically on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.


Link-shrinking attracts spammers and scammers
On the short-messaging service Twitter, space is at a premium: You've got 140 characters to make your point, and you probably don't want to waste ...

What's old is new again: Spammers revived old schemes in March quarter - spam, antispam, applications ...
Volumes remain steady as junkmeisters return to old spam scams Spammers revived some old scams during the first three months of the year to wrap ...

FBI shuts down suspected spammer
A man described as a leading sender of spam in the US says an FBI raid on his home office has halted his email operation. -

'Timeshare spammer' set to plead guilty
A man known as 'The Timeshare Spammer' has said he will plead guilty to one count of violating anti-spam laws. -

Resources last updated: 1/5/2016 1:15:04 AM