Mozilla Firefox Browser

Hi all, is there a newsgroup for Mozilla Firefox browser support?
I installed the latest Firefox update and it behaves weird so I had to
uninstall and go back to the earlier version so I want to ask some
questions to see if I can get the later version to work correctly.
Thanks for any advice in advance.
0
Mastic
8/12/2011 12:38:05 AM
netscape.mozilla.mail-news 6068 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On Fri, 12 Aug 2011 10:38:05 +1000, in message <17t847l3gi9k2e2783gpfe7peb8bk77d6v@4ax.com>
Mastic wrote:

> Hi all, is there a newsgroup for Mozilla Firefox browser support?

Yes.  Use the news server news.mozilla.org and subscribe to
the newsgroup mozilla.support.firefox on that news server.

For better or worse, Mozilla do not share the mozilla.* groups with other
NNTP news servers.  A few other NNTP servers do take unofficial copies
of mozilla.* groups, but if you post to mozilla.* groups on those other
servers then your post will not be seen on news.mozilla.org where most
people are.

Or you can use Google Groups to post and read to mozilla.support.firefox
[...when Google Groups is working :^) ].  Mozilla do share the mozilla.*
groups with Google Groups.

To set up a second news server in Fort� Agent 1.91,
see the Agent 1.91 help file at
    Help >> Index >> Multiple Server Configuration

Basically, you need to set up a second profile / data folder
for Fort� Agent 1.91, and configure a second shortcut to
launch Agent with that second profile / data folder.

--
Kind regards
Ralph
"Ralph Fox" <-rf-nz-@-.invalid> wrote in message
> On Fri, 12 Aug 2011 10:38:05 +1000, in message
> <17t847l3gi9k2e2783gpfe7peb8bk77d6v@4ax.com>
> Mastic wrote:
>
>> Hi all, is there a newsgroup for Mozilla Firefox browser support?
>
> Yes.  Use the news server news.mozilla.org and subscribe to
> the newsgroup mozilla.support.firefox on that news server.

It was so easy to subscribe to the newsgroup news.supernews.com,
because you could ask them questions and get quick, helpful answers.
But you can't ask questions of Mozilla !  It only has pages and pages
of useless 'help' texts.

So please, how did you go about using the news server news.mozilla.org ?
And how did you then subscribe to the newsgroup mozilla.support.firefox ?

Jim Hawkins

0
Jim
11/11/2013 6:34:09 PM
On Mon, 11 Nov 2013 18:34:09 -0000, Jim Hawkins wrote:

> "Ralph Fox" <-rf-nz-@-.invalid> wrote in message
> > On Fri, 12 Aug 2011 10:38:05 +1000, in message
> > <17t847l3gi9k2e2783gpfe7peb8bk77d6v@4ax.com>
> > Mastic wrote:
> >
> >> Hi all, is there a newsgroup for Mozilla Firefox browser support?
> >
> > Yes.  Use the news server news.mozilla.org and subscribe to
> > the newsgroup mozilla.support.firefox on that news server.
> >

> It was so easy to subscribe to the newsgroup news.supernews.com,
> because you could ask them questions and get quick, helpful answers.
> But you can't ask questions of Mozilla !  It only has pages and pages
> of useless 'help' texts.
>
> So please, how did you go about using the news server news.mozilla.org ?
> And how did you then subscribe to the newsgroup mozilla.support.firefox ?

1)  You can set up more than one news server in Outlook Express.
    Set up a second news server for news.mozilla.org.

    How to set up a news server in Outlook Express
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/171164

    For the news server news.mozilla.org, the settings to use are:

     1.1  Enter your name and an email address, the same as you did with news.supernews.com
     1.2  News (NNTP) Server:  news.mozilla.org
     1.3  Make sure there is NO check-mark in "My news server requires me to log on"
     1.4  Because login is not required, you do not need to enter login information like a password.
     1.5  Under advanced settings...
          1.5.1  Make sure there is NO check-mark in "This server requires a secure connection (SSL)"
          1.5.2  The port number should be the default which is 119 (when 'secure connection is off).

2)  How to subscribe to newsgroups in Outlook Express
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/171190

    The newsgroup name is:  mozilla.support.firefox

--
Kind regards
Ralph