Migrating to Thunderbird [mail and news]

Hi,

I'm gonna swtich from Eudora to Thunderbird, exspecially because I'm
considering a mail client for GNU/Linux.

It is important for me to convert all Eudora emails and attachments into
Thunderbird kingdom. Is this possible to do this conversion from Eudora
to Thunderbird? Or I'll have to lost all my Eudora emails??

More question: I read that Thunderbird can also manage newsgroups. If it
is true, is it possible to export data from Gravity newsread to
Thunderbird?

Thanks in advance,
Dan
0
Danguard
1/17/2005 7:28:39 PM
netscape.mozilla.mail-news 6068 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Danguard <danguard_robot@hotmail.com> wrote in

> Hi,
>
> I'm gonna swtich from Eudora to Thunderbird, exspecially because I'm
> considering a mail client for GNU/Linux.
>
> It is important for me to convert all Eudora emails and attachments
> into Thunderbird kingdom. Is this possible to do this conversion from
> Eudora to Thunderbird? Or I'll have to lost all my Eudora emails??

Eudora uses the same mailbox format that Tbird does; simply copy the
files with the extension ".mbx" into the appropiate mail account folder.
When you open Tbird, the messages will appear.

Attachments are another story: Eudora strips them off the message and
stores them in another location while Tbird leaves the attachments
encoded as part of the original message.

> More question: I read that Thunderbird can also manage newsgroups. If
> it is true, is it possible to export data from Gravity newsread to
> Thunderbird?

It is true, and no, it can't export data from Gravity.  Frankly, Gravity
is a much better news client than Tbird and I'd stick with that.
Otherwise, get caught up in Gravity and then mark the group "all read"
when you subscribe in Tbird.

0
Christopher
1/18/2005 12:06:19 AM
In article <Xns95E1C4D44B2F9xjahn@204.29.187.156>, xjahn@yahoo.com
says...

> Eudora uses the same mailbox format that Tbird does; simply copy the

Eudora 5.2 too?

> Attachments are another story: Eudora strips them off the message and
> stores them in another location while Tbird leaves the attachments
> encoded as part of the original message.

Is there any way to merge attachment back into emails? Or my old
attachments will be unredable with TBid?

> It is true, and no, it can't export data from Gravity.  Frankly, Gravity
> is a much better news client than Tbird and I'd stick with that.

The problem is that Gravity is not a GNU/Linux app... do you know a good
GNU/Linux app for news?

Thanks,
Dan
0
Danguard
1/18/2005 11:51:40 AM

> In article <Xns95E1C4D44B2F9xjahn@204.29.187.156>, xjahn@yahoo.com
> says...
>
>> Eudora uses the same mailbox format that Tbird does; simply copy the
>
> Eudora 5.2 too?

AFAIK

>> Attachments are another story: Eudora strips them off the message and
>> stores them in another location while Tbird leaves the attachments
>> encoded as part of the original message.
>
> Is there any way to merge attachment back into emails? Or my old
> attachments will be unredable with TBid?

No.

>> It is true, and no, it can't export data from Gravity.  Frankly,
>> Gravity is a much better news client than Tbird and I'd stick with
>> that.
>
> The problem is that Gravity is not a GNU/Linux app... do you know a
> good GNU/Linux app for news?

You should have mentioned that.  No, I don't know anything abobut
GNU/Linux software.

0
Christopher

migrating all data from mozilla mail/news to thunderbird
hi there, Is there a way to migrate all data included mail contents from my old mail client 'mozilla' to thunderbird mail? any help would be much appreciated! regards d.phan ...

A way to reorder the mail/news accounts in Mozilla Mail ?
I have many email accounts, mostly due to using temporary email addresses. Each listserv/news server I belong to could have its own account, and I use some more than others, so I would love to be able to just drag those to the top of the list. For instance, I have had this address for my news.mozilla.org nntp account for better than a year but never felt the need to post anything; since you are all doing such a wonderful job! ;-) Many thanks! Steve. On 1/13/2004 12:04 PM, Steve Coleman wrote: > I have many email accounts, mostly due to using temporary email > ad...

Installing Mozilla Thunderbird 0.2 mail/news
Is there an FAQ on how to install this, at the moment i am running OE6 on win98se. How do I go about moving from OE to Thunderbird so OE doesn't open up. I am impressed with Mozilla Firebird browser and would like to have Mozilla as the mail and news server as well. Thanks for any reply in advance. Joe Joebee wrote: > Is there an FAQ on how to install this, at the moment i am running OE6 on > win98se. How do I go about moving from OE to Thunderbird so OE doesn't open > up. I am impressed with Mozilla Firebird browser and would like to have > Mozilla as the ...

Importing Mail from Thunderbird into Mozilla Mail
Hi, how can i migrate my mail folders from Thunderbird to Mozilla Mail 1.4? I know they both use the same mail format but a simple copy of the folders seems not to work properly. Thanks in advance for your help -- Giovanni Riccardi - giovanni@composizioni.net - http://www.composizioni.net Giovanni Riccardi wrote: > Hi, > how can i migrate my mail folders from Thunderbird to Mozilla Mail 1.4? > I know they both use the same mail format but a simple copy of the > folders seems not to work properly. > > Thanks in advance for your help > You need t...

tabbed e-mailing in thunderbird / mozilla mail
hi all, not sure if this has been mentioned before, but i hope that like firefox, thunderbird will feature tabbed e-mailing. that is, reading/writing mails, opening address book/records, all happen in the same windows, in tabs. (if you have used lotus notes r5 and above, you know what i mean). ...

Can the mail/news portion be restricted to news?
Is there a way to disable the mail portion of Mozilla's mail/news client. All I needed was the news reader. OE 6 lets me use the /outnews command line option. Even if Mozilla still must load the mail code, it would help ensure that mailto links that I click on go to Outlook XP. (No, Qurb does not install into Mozilla. Besides my mail editor has spelling and grammar checking on the fly.) ------ Will Pittenger mailto:will.pittenger@verizon.net All e-mails filtered for spam by Qurb (http://www.qurb.com) And it came to pass that Will Pittenger wrote: > Is there...

migrating mail & news
In TB 1.5.0.7 established a 2nd profile. It's all working, except mail & NG's. Have searched help, etc and find nothing more to do. (Brought everything over except pref.js which was corrupt.) 1) I believe someone in this NG had said to use Local Folders as the default mail folder and receive msgs there, which I have not done in the past. So attempting to do so now, but at this stage expediency is of the utmost importance and it would be best to have it as it always has been. There are no settings in Local Folder. Properties reads, "The following is a spec...

Mozilla News Mailing list
Hi, Today I had strange situation , I'm Mozilla Rep as you all , but today one man asked me ,could I explain him more about new type of updates which will be implemented in firefox 8 because he isn't familiar with chrome and their update system. And in that moment I was like WOOT where did you hear that, after school i searched on web and I found on some local news portal more about it . OK now my question: Is there any Mailing list (news list) where mozilla PR team is sending news about mozilla ,that are published to the news agencies ? Because I think, we mozilla ...

Difference between Mail/News and Thunderbird?
Some background for this question: I've been compiling Thunderbird (HEAD) from CVS every day for a long time -- or at least I *thought* it was Thunderbird, but now I'm not so sure. My .mozconfig includes this, per the Thunderbird instructions: mk_add_options MOZ_CO_PROJECT=mail ac_add_options --enable-application=mail But when I submitted a bug report against Thunderbird recently, I got a reply that said "Mail/News is not Thunderbird". The reason for this reply (I'm guessing) is that I mentioned in the bug-report about clicking on 'About Mail/News'...

Mozilla mail/news settings
Hi, can someone tell me how to - make Mozilla download all headers and bodies from some subscribed newsgroups? - make Mozilla remember passwords for mail and news servers? - mark multiple newsgroups read in one go (without marking them read individually)? Thanks for the help, I don't seem to find these things... Cheers, Tim Tim wrote: > Hi, > > can someone tell me how to > - make Mozilla download all headers and bodies from some subscribed > newsgroups? > - make Mozilla remember passwords for mail and news servers? > - mark multip...

Import Sylpheed or KMail Mail Into Mozilla Thunderbird or Mail
Is there a way to import the MH maildirs format mail from Sylpheed into Mozilla Thunderbird (preferred) or mail? I have found a way to convert Sylpheed to KMail so is it possible to import KMail into Mozilla instead? Thanks in advance. Tim. ...

Mail and News
In Windows version 2.0 is it possible to have a start up icon for just Mail and News without starting the browser first all the time? That ctrl+2 does not work. Van Chocstraw wrote: > In Windows version 2.0 is it possible to have a start up icon for just > Mail and News without starting the browser first all the time? That > ctrl+2 does not work. Start> all programs> Seamonkey> Mail Right click on Mail> Send to> Desktop (Create Shortcut) Mike C wrote: > Van Chocstraw wrote: >> In Windows version 2.0 is it possible to have a start up icon for ...

[ADMIN] mozilla-mail-news is moving!
It should be no secret these days that the Mozilla Foundation and its related projects are no longer a pet project of Netscape, yet the newsgroups we are using for public discussions still bear the Netscape name. We've been planning for years to move from netscape.public.mozilla.* to just mozilla.*, and the time has finally come! In August, we announced a partnership with Giganews Newsgroups (http://www.giganews.com/) to provide NNTP services for our news.mozilla.org domain. It's taken a few months of planning to make it happen, but we're now in the process of moving a...

Backing up and restoring Mozilla mail and news
Hi, I am currently evaluating Mozilla with a view to moving all my browsing, mail and news activities to it. I am wondering how I would go about backing up my mozilla mail database and settings prior to having to reinstall windows. I notice that there is a load of mozilla related files in my c:\Documents and Settings\Kevin\Application Data\Mozilla folder. So is it just a case of backing up this folder, reinstall windows, reinstall mozilla and then restore this folder? There seems to be nothing in the online help related to this. Thanks Kevin kv158@nospamhere.icqmail.com r...

Web resources about - Migrating to Thunderbird [mail and news] - netscape.mozilla.mail-news

Mozilla Thunderbird
Mozilla Thunderbird is created by a global non-profit dedicated to putting individuals in control and shaping the future of the web for the public ...

Mozilla Thunderbird - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
open source , cross-platform email and news client developed by the Mozilla Foundation . The project strategy is modeled after Mozilla Firefox ...

Edit Logo - Thunderbird - CrunchBase Product Profile
TechCrunch CrunchBase More TechCrunch Europe TechCrunch France TechCrunch Japan Register - Login or Advanced Search Home > Products > Thunderbird ...

bixi-bicycle-20120208-thunderbird-toronto-workweek-010.jpg - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore roland's photos on Flickr. roland has uploaded 143376 photos to Flickr.

Thunderbirds Are Go - Introducing The World - YouTube
The world of Thunderbirds Are Go, Tracy Island, miniature sets and craft have been lovingly made by none other than WETA Workshop - the model ...

Thunderbirds are go: First pictures of TV remake
The first images of the upcoming TV reboot of the iconic series Thunderbirds have been released, recasting the iconic puppets from the 1960s ...

Thunderbirds creator Gerry Anderson dies aged 83
... puppet TV shows Captain Scarlet, Stingray and Joe 90 died in his sleep, his son announces. Gerry Anderson, best known as the creator of Thunderbirds ...

Firebirds hold nerve to hold out Thunderbirds
It was another close shave but Queensland Firebirds coach Roselee Jencke was happy for her side to take a second straight win.

Melbourne Cup: Thunderbird One - the last of the dreamers
Francis Finnegan admits it's a bit of a worry that Thunderbird One, the horse he and wife Samantha took on as a baby and love to bits, has been ...

Southerners steal last-gasp draw against Thunderbirds
Southern Steel stole a 53-53 draw in the chaotic final seconds of their trans-Tasman netball league clash against Adelaide Thunderbirds.