Migrating settings from Thunderbird to Thunderbird

I have a new computer and I would like to move my account settings from
Thunderbird on the old computer to Thunderbird on the new computer.  Is
there anyway to do this?  The email is stored on the IMAP server, so
doesn't have to be moved.  But I have my account set up just how I like
it, and I don't want to have to transfer all of those settings all over
again.  Thanks for your assistance!

0
Evan
7/30/2005 6:54:53 PM
netscape.mozilla.mail-news 6068 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On 07/30/05 14:54, Evan wrote:
> I have a new computer and I would like to move my account settings from
> Thunderbird on the old computer to Thunderbird on the new computer.  Is
> there anyway to do this?  The email is stored on the IMAP server, so
> doesn't have to be moved.  But I have my account set up just how I like
> it, and I don't want to have to transfer all of those settings all over
> again.  Thanks for your assistance!

What OSes? If Windows XP or 2000, you could just copy over the whole
C:\Documents & Settings\<User>\Application Data\Thunderbird folder and
everything would be retained.

--
Replace the point in my email address with a period to reply. ;-)
0

migrating all data from mozilla mail/news to thunderbird
hi there, Is there a way to migrate all data included mail contents from my old mail client 'mozilla' to thunderbird mail? any help would be much appreciated! regards d.phan ...

Migrating to Thunderbird [mail and news]
Hi, I'm gonna swtich from Eudora to Thunderbird, exspecially because I'm considering a mail client for GNU/Linux. It is important for me to convert all Eudora emails and attachments into Thunderbird kingdom. Is this possible to do this conversion from Eudora to Thunderbird? Or I'll have to lost all my Eudora emails?? More question: I read that Thunderbird can also manage newsgroups. If it is true, is it possible to export data from Gravity newsread to Thunderbird? Thanks in advance, Dan Danguard <danguard_robot@hotmail.com> wrote in news:MPG.1c56304f...

Thunderbird to Thunderbird
Our laptop went bad but hard drive is good and have accessed it. How do I transfer the email etc. from the old laptop to a desktop computer with a fresh install of thunderbird? Thank you! zparky wrote: > Our laptop went bad but hard drive is good and have accessed it. How do > I transfer the email etc. from the old laptop to a desktop computer with > a fresh install of thunderbird? > Thank you! Find your profile folder on the old drive. (This will help you find it: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder_-_Thunderbird Use the instructions for Vista if you are...

Migration from Mozilla e-mail to Thunderbird
Name: Guido Adolph Norden Email: nordenqaatuoldotcomdotbr Product: Thunderbird Summary: Migration from Mozilla e-mail to Thunderbird Comments: In How do I migrate my Mozilla mail and settings to Thunderbird? you say that it will auto migration tool that imports my Mozilla profile directly into Thunderbird without you having to do anything, that did not happend. So, what I must do to imgrate all my e-mail and dont loose them? Best regards, Guido +55 (92) 9987-3399. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; pt-BR; rv:1.7.7) Gecko/20050414 ...

Import mail into Thunderbird from Thunderbird
How can I import the mail from one Thunderbird (different computer) into my computer? I recently left a job where I used thunderbird as well. I just copied the whole Thunderbird directory and removed Thunderbird from my work computer. Is there a way to import the mail from the work computer and integrate it with my existing mail? What files do I need under that directory? Thank You Who knows which mail you are using ?? > How can I import the mail from one Thunderbird (different computer) into my > computer? I recently left a job where I used > thunderbird a...

Installing Mozilla Thunderbird 0.2 mail/news
Is there an FAQ on how to install this, at the moment i am running OE6 on win98se. How do I go about moving from OE to Thunderbird so OE doesn't open up. I am impressed with Mozilla Firebird browser and would like to have Mozilla as the mail and news server as well. Thanks for any reply in advance. Joe Joebee wrote: > Is there an FAQ on how to install this, at the moment i am running OE6 on > win98se. How do I go about moving from OE to Thunderbird so OE doesn't open > up. I am impressed with Mozilla Firebird browser and would like to have > Mozilla as the ...

Importing Mail from Thunderbird into Mozilla Mail
Hi, how can i migrate my mail folders from Thunderbird to Mozilla Mail 1.4? I know they both use the same mail format but a simple copy of the folders seems not to work properly. Thanks in advance for your help -- Giovanni Riccardi - giovanni@composizioni.net - http://www.composizioni.net Giovanni Riccardi wrote: > Hi, > how can i migrate my mail folders from Thunderbird to Mozilla Mail 1.4? > I know they both use the same mail format but a simple copy of the > folders seems not to work properly. > > Thanks in advance for your help > You need t...

'Start -> E-mail [Mozilla Thunderbird]' starts two Thunderbird windows.
Hi, I am seeing this unexpected behavior with Thunderbird's trunk builds on Windows XP. When I start Thunderbird using the 'Start -> E-mail [Mozilla Thunderbird]' way, I always get two windows of Thunderbird. That is not the case when I use the 'Start -> All Programs -> Mozilla Thunderbird -> Mozilla Thunderbird]' way. The later only opens one window - as expected. I believe this is related to the 'minimize to tray' extension, because when I disable that extension, everything is just fine. The extension does not say it is compatible with ...

Mozilla Thunderbird 32 bit, Mozilla Thunderbird 64 bit
Name: Patrick Dreier Email: patrickdotdreieratmymaildotch Product: Thunderbird Summary: Mozilla Thunderbird 32 bit, Mozilla Thunderbird 64 bit Comments: Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren! Könnt Ihr bitte ein Mozilla Thunderbird für Windows XP Professional 32 bit: Mozilla_Thunderbird_wxp_x86_Setup_2.0.0.10.exe und einen Mozilla Thunderbird für Windows XP Professional 64 bit: Mozilla_Firefox_wxp_x64_Setup_2.0.0.10.exe programmieren! Hochachtungsvoll! Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) ...

import mail settings from thunderbird to Mozilla 1.7.2
is this possible? how, please? Thanks a million -- Angelo Lopes da Silva Porto,Portugal e-Mail address is (obviously) fake ...

Thunderbird Mail any tradeoffs? +Will Mozilla Import settings from FireFox?
I just started trying Thuderbird and FF. I found some websites that won't open with Firefox but Thunderbird seems pretty much like the mail I was using in Mozilla. Are there any tradeoffs or problems that I have not stumbled upon as yet. If I decide to go back to Mozilla, from Firefox will Mozilla's reinstall pick up bookmarks addresses etc. from Firefox? Greg Lazarchik wrote: > If I decide to go back to Mozilla, from Firefox will Mozilla's reinstall > pick up bookmarks addresses etc. from Firefox? No but you can manually import this if you know how :-...

Mozilla Thunderbird & mozilla news (normal)
I use thunderbird under windows and mozilla mail under linux. they have the same behaviour. The problem is when i want to read some news, mozilla automaticaly bring to some news and display all the tree. It's not a big deal, but it's kind of boring. What i would like, is that mozilla just keep in the last news that was posted, and don't display tree of a news i don't care. cheers, ps : sorry for my english, i'm french ;) -- Pascal Pascal wrote: > I use thunderbird under windows and mozilla mail under linux. they > have the same behaviour. The pro...

tabbed e-mailing in thunderbird / mozilla mail
hi all, not sure if this has been mentioned before, but i hope that like firefox, thunderbird will feature tabbed e-mailing. that is, reading/writing mails, opening address book/records, all happen in the same windows, in tabs. (if you have used lotus notes r5 and above, you know what i mean). ...

Mozilla Thunderbird 32 bit, Mozilla Thunderbird 64 bit #2
Name: Patrick Dreier Email: patrickdotdreieratmymaildotch Product: Thunderbird Summary: Mozilla Thunderbird 32 bit, Mozilla Thunderbird 64 bit Comments: Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren! Könnt Ihr bitte ein Mozilla Thunderbird für Windows XP Professional 32 bit: Mozilla_Thunderbird_wxp_x86_Setup_2.0.0.10.exe und einen Mozilla Thunderbird für Windows XP Professional 64 bit: Mozilla_Thunderbird_wxp_x64_Setup_2.0.0.10.exe programmieren! Hochachtungsvoll! Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) ...

Web resources about - Migrating settings from Thunderbird to Thunderbird - netscape.mozilla.mail-news

Mozilla Thunderbird
Mozilla Thunderbird is created by a global non-profit dedicated to putting individuals in control and shaping the future of the web for the public ...

Thunderbirds Are Go - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Thunderbirds Are Go is a 1966 British science-fiction film based on Thunderbirds , a 1960s television series starring marionette puppets and ...

Edit - Thunderbird - CrunchBase Product Profile
TechCrunch CrunchBase More TechCrunch Europe TechCrunch France TechCrunch Japan Register - Login or Advanced Search Home > Products > Thunderbird ...

F-16C Thunderbirds Formation - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
USAF Thunderbirds at the 2008 Battle Creek Air Show

Thunderbirds Are Go - Introducing The World - YouTube
The world of Thunderbirds Are Go, Tracy Island, miniature sets and craft have been lovingly made by none other than WETA Workshop - the model ...

Thunderbirds are go: First pictures of TV remake
The first images of the upcoming TV reboot of the iconic series Thunderbirds have been released, recasting the iconic puppets from the 1960s ...

Thunderbirds creator Gerry Anderson dies aged 83
... puppet TV shows Captain Scarlet, Stingray and Joe 90 died in his sleep, his son announces. Gerry Anderson, best known as the creator of Thunderbirds ...

Firebirds hold nerve to hold out Thunderbirds
It was another close shave but Queensland Firebirds coach Roselee Jencke was happy for her side to take a second straight win.

Thunderbirds are go, puppets are gone
Human Thunderbirds? What does this mean, writes James Cockington. - The Age Online

Southerners steal last-gasp draw against Thunderbirds
Southern Steel stole a 53-53 draw in the chaotic final seconds of their trans-Tasman netball league clash against Adelaide Thunderbirds.