mail content's font & font size config

I'm struggling to get my brain around the configuration necessary to
control the font size in the mail content pane.

I can change the font using the font settings for the language character
set under Edit->Preferences->Appearance->Fonts, but the mail content
ignores the font size that I choose - even though the browser picks up
on it.

I removed my userChrome.css and userContent.css just in case they were
affecting it, but it made no difference.

I can increase or decrease font-size with ctrl-+ and ctrl-- but what is
controlling the default font size?

tia
Adam

--
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030701
Linux 2.4.20 RH9

0
Adam
8/5/2003 10:39:15 AM
netscape.mozilla.mail-news 6068 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I guess I was struggling with a non-problem. I find now that the
Appearances->Fonts does control the size of the font in the mail content
pane. Don't know what I was doing before.

I have to set each character set individually, don't I? There's no
global approach, right?