Importing Mail from Mozilla to Thunderbird

I am making Thunderbird my default mail client.  Now I need to import my
addressbook, setings and mail from Mozilla Mail.  So why when I go to
import in Thunderbird I am given the option of importing from OE,
Outlook, Eudora and Communicator 4, but not Mozilla.  Do I need to
export from Mozilla into a new folder and then move it to Thunderbird?

Thanks, in advance.  Art

0
Art
8/1/2003 9:53:35 PM
netscape.mozilla.mail-news 6068 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On 01/08/03 22:53 Art Greenberg spoke thusly

> I am making Thunderbird my default mail client.  Now I need to import my
> addressbook, setings and mail from Mozilla Mail.  So why when I go to
> import in Thunderbird I am given the option of importing from OE,
> Outlook, Eudora and Communicator 4, but not Mozilla.  Do I need to
> export from Mozilla into a new folder and then move it to Thunderbird?
>
> Thanks, in advance.  Art

No, just copy the files across and then either

a. Edit Prefs.js   -  This file tells TBird where to look for its mail files.
Trouble is Moz uses relative paths and Tbird uses absolute (or the other way
araound forget which.)  So If your current Prefs.js shows   c:\documents &
settings ..... etc then change it to /mail/whereever the files are

b. Go into Tools -> Preferences and under each mail account respecify where it
needs to save your mail. Same as above really just using a GUI instead

If that doesn't make sense or it's just plain wrong sorry. But thats what I did
and it seemed to work OK

Neil

0
Hawk
8/1/2003 10:16:29 PM
Thanks, Neal.  I just copied and pasted.  Did not need to change the the
Pref.js or otherwise edit.

Art

Hawk Eye wrote:
> On 01/08/03 22:53 Art Greenberg spoke thusly
>
>> I am making Thunderbird my default mail client.  Now I need to import
>> my addressbook, setings and mail from Mozilla Mail.  So why when I go
>> to import in Thunderbird I am given the option of importing from OE,
>> Outlook, Eudora and Communicator 4, but not Mozilla.  Do I need to
>> export from Mozilla into a new folder and then move it to Thunderbird?
>>
>> Thanks, in advance.  Art
>>
> No, just copy the files across and then either
>
> a. Edit Prefs.js   -  This file tells TBird where to look for its mail
> files. Trouble is Moz uses relative paths and Tbird uses absolute (or
> the other way araound forget which.)  So If your current Prefs.js
> shows   c:\documents & settings ..... etc then change it to
> /mail/whereever the files are
>
> b. Go into Tools -> Preferences and under each mail account respecify
> where it needs to save your mail. Same as above really just using a GUI
> instead
>
> If that doesn't make sense or it's just plain wrong sorry. But thats
> what I did and it seemed to work OK
>
> Neil

0
Art

Importing Mail from Thunderbird into Mozilla Mail
Hi, how can i migrate my mail folders from Thunderbird to Mozilla Mail 1.4? I know they both use the same mail format but a simple copy of the folders seems not to work properly. Thanks in advance for your help -- Giovanni Riccardi - giovanni@composizioni.net - http://www.composizioni.net Giovanni Riccardi wrote: > Hi, > how can i migrate my mail folders from Thunderbird to Mozilla Mail 1.4? > I know they both use the same mail format but a simple copy of the > folders seems not to work properly. > > Thanks in advance for your help > You need t...

Import Sylpheed or KMail Mail Into Mozilla Thunderbird or Mail
Is there a way to import the MH maildirs format mail from Sylpheed into Mozilla Thunderbird (preferred) or mail? I have found a way to convert Sylpheed to KMail so is it possible to import KMail into Mozilla instead? Thanks in advance. Tim. ...

kmail mail import into mozilla mail
Hello all, I want to export or import mail from kmail (suse 8.2 kde - 3.1.3) into mozilla mail. Does any one know how I can do this? tia Carl Am 10.11.2003 19:50 schrieb Carl Sanderson: > I want to export or import mail from kmail (suse 8.2 kde - 3.1.3) into > mozilla mail. Does any one know how I can do this? If kmail uses the standard Unix mbox format you can just copy the files into your Mozilla profile folder. -- Netscape Tips: http://www.holgermetzger.de Mozilla FAQ: http://www.holgermetzger.de/faq.html Deutsche Sprachdatei Netscape 7: http://www.holge...

transporting settings/emails from mozilla-mail to mozilla-mail
Hallo, I've got a really, really big problem. I'm working with mozilla-mail on an Linux OS for about 2 or 3 years. Two months ago my harddisk crashed. To keep on working , I set up a new Linux OS with the new mozilla-mail. Now the harddisk is repaired. I could reach my mails and setings (filter, accounts...) of the last 2 or 3 Years again, if I knew how to import these information from the old system into the new system. Help needed, because I'm without any e-mail-address of the last 2 or 3 years. Thanks Karsten ...

tabbed e-mailing in thunderbird / mozilla mail
hi all, not sure if this has been mentioned before, but i hope that like firefox, thunderbird will feature tabbed e-mailing. that is, reading/writing mails, opening address book/records, all happen in the same windows, in tabs. (if you have used lotus notes r5 and above, you know what i mean). ...

How do I import mozilla mail into thunderbird?
I was using Mozilla, and decided to try thunderbird. Can I import my email from my old mozilla into tbird? ...

A way to reorder the mail/news accounts in Mozilla Mail ?
I have many email accounts, mostly due to using temporary email addresses. Each listserv/news server I belong to could have its own account, and I use some more than others, so I would love to be able to just drag those to the top of the list. For instance, I have had this address for my news.mozilla.org nntp account for better than a year but never felt the need to post anything; since you are all doing such a wonderful job! ;-) Many thanks! Steve. On 1/13/2004 12:04 PM, Steve Coleman wrote: > I have many email accounts, mostly due to using temporary email > ad...

Mozilla Mail: mail download status, and interrupting the mail download
Hi, 1) Could Mozilla Mail provide better indication of mail download status? On my home machine (Mozilla 1.4, Windows XP) all I get is the progress bar and the activity lights on the modem. I think that an Outlook Express-style window would be useful, showing current account, current action (e.g. authenticating, donwloading message X of Y) and a progress bar. As it stands, it's hard to tell what's going on. Last night, someone send me an 8MB email unexpectedly, and it took me quite a while to realise what was going on. It seemed like Mozilla had just 'got stuck' -...

lack of mail import feature from Mozilla to Thunderbird
Name: Søren Bloch Email: sorendotblochatcomcastdotnet Product: Thunderbird Summary: lack of mail import feature from Mozilla to Thunderbird Comments: We need a simple import from Mozilla feature added to 'tools, import...' other than from Communicator, Eudora, Outlook, etc. When upgrading from Mozilla, I failed to notice the 'move all' feature and have to import manually. Somehow, the 'preferred' email mail box content transferred on its own, but my other email in-boxes will not. The FAQs and other sources are of no help! Browser Details: Mozi...

Thunderbird: problem importing e-mails from Mozilla
Hi all, I have a big problem. I recently started using Thunderbird 1.0.7 on Windows XP and I found it very nice. So I decided to leave "Mozilla 1.7 mail client" and transfer all old mail to Thunderbird (on another PC). So I copied all old files ( Inbox, Inbox.msf, Sent, Sent.msf, etc ) to the new PC in the Thunderbird directories (...Application Data/Thunderbird/profiles/<my profile here>/Mail/Local Folders). All seemed to go well: I can easily read my old messages, etc ....but surprisingly I can't see *all* my messages in Inbox folder. I mean: I open the file &q...

Import Mail from Thunderbird to Mozilla 1.5
How do I import mail and address books between Thunderbird and Mozilla Suite? Thanks ~Himm~ Am 19.12.2003 05:15 schrieb Himm: > How do I import mail and address books between Thunderbird and Mozilla > Suite? Copy the files from your Mozilla profile into your Thunderbird profile and vice versa. Address books have the *.mab extension, the mails are stored in folders /mail/ (they have no extension, e.g. INBOX). -- Netscape Tips: http://www.holgermetzger.de Mozilla FAQ: http://www.holgermetzger.de/faq.html Deutsche Sprachdatei Netscape 7: http://www.holgermetzger.de/...

migrating all data from mozilla mail/news to thunderbird
hi there, Is there a way to migrate all data included mail contents from my old mail client 'mozilla' to thunderbird mail? any help would be much appreciated! regards d.phan ...

Mozilla mail
I would like to see the possibility of creating a mail filter (either manually for from a given mail) and applying that filter to all accounts. I would also like to be able to export my mail filters - or even locate them centrally on my server, so that I can set mozilla mail on several workstations to apply the same filters to all or chosen accounts. Why? Because in my experience Mozilla's filters are the best way of managing mail archiving, filtering spam and keeping inboxes - on multiple accounts - free of mails which would be better off in another folder - it just talkes too...

Web resources about - Importing Mail from Mozilla to Thunderbird - netscape.mozilla.mail-news

Mozilla Thunderbird
Mozilla Thunderbird is created by a global non-profit dedicated to putting individuals in control and shaping the future of the web for the public ...

Thunderbirds Are Go - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Thunderbirds Are Go is a 1966 British science-fiction film based on Thunderbirds , a 1960s television series starring marionette puppets and ...

Edit - Thunderbird - CrunchBase Product Profile
TechCrunch CrunchBase More TechCrunch Europe TechCrunch France TechCrunch Japan Register - Login or Advanced Search Home > Products > Thunderbird ...

F-16C Thunderbirds Formation - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
USAF Thunderbirds at the 2008 Battle Creek Air Show

Thunderbirds Are Go - Introducing The World - YouTube
The world of Thunderbirds Are Go, Tracy Island, miniature sets and craft have been lovingly made by none other than WETA Workshop - the model ...

Thunderbirds are go: First pictures of TV remake
The first images of the upcoming TV reboot of the iconic series Thunderbirds have been released, recasting the iconic puppets from the 1960s ...

Thunderbirds creator Gerry Anderson dies aged 83
... puppet TV shows Captain Scarlet, Stingray and Joe 90 died in his sleep, his son announces. Gerry Anderson, best known as the creator of Thunderbirds ...

Firebirds hold nerve to hold out Thunderbirds
It was another close shave but Queensland Firebirds coach Roselee Jencke was happy for her side to take a second straight win.

Thunderbirds are go, puppets are gone
Human Thunderbirds? What does this mean, writes James Cockington. - The Age Online

Southerners steal last-gasp draw against Thunderbirds
Southern Steel stole a 53-53 draw in the chaotic final seconds of their trans-Tasman netball league clash against Adelaide Thunderbirds.