can not connect to ISP mail server from mozilla mail through proxy server

I'm running Mozilla 4.1 browser and Mozilla mail on a RedHat Linux 7.2
server.
The Internet connection to the outside world goes through a simple
single home network connection to a Windows95 PC running WinProxy.

The Mozilla browser setting to go through this Win95 proxy works just fine.

My issue and question:
Where and how do I set my "podp.ixnetcom.com" to go through the proxy
server?
Shouldn't the Mozilla mail be using the same proxy setting that I set
for the Mozilla browser.

thx,
-Martin

0
Martin
10/8/2003 9:55:12 PM
netscape.mozilla.mail-news 6068 articles. 0 followers. Follow

mail server XXX is not an IMAP4 mail server
After upgrading to thunderbird 2.0.0.9 (20071114) when connecting to my IMAP-Server I receive: mail server XXX is not an IMAP4 mail server However things work fine with other mail-clients (evolution) - so imap- server should be ok .. I'm running: - Linux rotenturm2 2.6.22.5-31-default #1 SMP 2007/09/21 22:29:00 UTC x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux - OpenSuSe 10.3 - MozillaThunderbird-2.0.0.9-8.2 on the client and - SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server 9 (i586) - cyrus-imapd-2.2.3-83.22 on the server - so nothing unusual so far ..? Anyone who has an idea? thx /Andi ...

SMTP Proxy failed to connect to internal mail server for incoming mail
Hi, we got on our BM Server the following message: SMTP Proxy failed to connect to internal mail server for incoming mail. Why we get this message? GroupWise run without problem, we can receive and send mails without any problem... (ok, maybe it seems so... ;o) ). Can anyone tell me why we got this message and how I can fix it? The TIDs on the Novell support site gave me no answer... :o( Our environment: NetWare Server 6.5 SP6 BM 3.8 with the latest patches THX Andre Hi, I believe my question is here a lite bit of topic... :o) Therefore I move my questio...

smpt proxy failed to connect to internal mail server for incoming mail
Hi i�m receiving the follow message in the console smpt proxy failed to connect to internal mail server for incoming mail Novell Small Business 5.0 SP6a, with BorderManager 3.0 SP3, Mail running in a Linux Fedora with MailScanner/Sendmail everything is working! but how can i solve this message??? -- OBRIGADO! BRASINFO-Inform�tica Ltda Jo�o Henrique Moretti Diretor T�cnico-Comercial hmoretti@brasinfo.inf.br brasinfo@terra.com.br Henrique > i�m receiving the follow message in the console > smpt proxy failed to connect to internal mail server for incoming mail ...

SMTP Proxy failed to connect to internal mail server for incoming mail.
Hi, we got on our BM Server the following message: SMTP Proxy failed to connect to internal mail server for incoming mail. Why we get this message? GroupWise run without problem, we can receive and send mails without any problem... (ok, maybe it seems so... ;o) ). Can anyone tell me why we got this message and how I can fix it? The TIDs on the Novell support site gave me no answer... :o( Our environment: NetWare Server 6.5 SP6 BM 3.8 with the latest patches THX Andre Andre, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your ...

SMTP Proxy failed to connect to internal mail server for incoming mail.
I would seem that everything is OK and we are receiving mail. BUT I keep getting this message on the console. 6-24-2005 9:36:37 am: PROXY-4.1-79 Severity = 1 SMTP Proxy failed to connect to internal mail server for incoming mail. I thought it was the alerts configured in BorderManager Alerts. I shut off the �POP3 or SMTP server down� alert, and I still get them. We are running BM3.8 SP2 NW6.5 SP2 The only other thing is we have a Barracuda SPAM firewall. Don't know if that has any effect on the mail proxy or not, as far as this error is concerned. ...

transporting settings/emails from mozilla-mail to mozilla-mail
Hallo, I've got a really, really big problem. I'm working with mozilla-mail on an Linux OS for about 2 or 3 years. Two months ago my harddisk crashed. To keep on working , I set up a new Linux OS with the new mozilla-mail. Now the harddisk is repaired. I could reach my mails and setings (filter, accounts...) of the last 2 or 3 Years again, if I knew how to import these information from the old system into the new system. Help needed, because I'm without any e-mail-address of the last 2 or 3 years. Thanks Karsten ...

News server authentication with Mozilla Mail
I am a University of Phoenix student and have to access their news server to do my class work. Their official statement is that you have to use Outlook Express to access the news groups. What kind of crap is that? I have been trying to use Mozilla Mail to connect but it will not authenticate. All the UoP support will tell me is that I've got to use OE. I can't find anything on the net either. How do I enable Secure Password Authentication (SPA) in Mozilla Mail? Artacus ...

Mail sending through a mail server or ASP.NET mail component??
Hi masters; I'm building a webmail UI and theres one thing I would like to know: What would be the feature or performance differences if I send my mails through my mail server COM API (hMailServer 4.3) or through ASP.NET mail component? Thanks..Kaan ÖZGEN Performance likley negliable differences, even if sending 100 000 emails, the real time will be the sending of the email. If the API offers smarter batching of e-mails then it might make a difference. The advantages of using the .NET SmtpClient (which I assume is what you're referring) are that you're really not dependent on ...

Mozilla Mail: mail download status, and interrupting the mail download
Hi, 1) Could Mozilla Mail provide better indication of mail download status? On my home machine (Mozilla 1.4, Windows XP) all I get is the progress bar and the activity lights on the modem. I think that an Outlook Express-style window would be useful, showing current account, current action (e.g. authenticating, donwloading message X of Y) and a progress bar. As it stands, it's hard to tell what's going on. Last night, someone send me an 8MB email unexpectedly, and it took me quite a while to realise what was going on. It seemed like Mozilla had just 'got stuck' -...

SMTP Proxy failed to connect to internal mail server for incoming mail. WN6.5 & BM3.8
Hi all, I have a Netware 6.5sp1, 1Gib of ram and BM 3.8 with mail and http proxy. Could someone help me with this message, I check my Mail server, everything seems ok. Thanks a lot Patrick Hello, The same thing happens to me with similar configuration. The only difference is that I use NW 6.5 without SP1. Tadeusz Patrick Vandervoort wrote: > Hi all, > > I have a Netware 6.5sp1, 1Gib of ram and BM 3.8 with mail and http proxy. > > Could someone help me with this message, I check my Mail server, everything > seems ok. > > Tha...

After configuring the SMTP server for sending mails ,How to authenticate against the mail server?
  Hi,After configuring the SMTP server ,How to authenticate against the mail server for sending mails?Swati                                             http://www.systemnetmail.com/faq/4.2.aspxhttp://www.systemwebmail.com/faq/3.8.aspxAlso, in .NET 2.0 you can store the SMTP credentials and server info in web.config.Ryan OlshanASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NEThtt...

Forwarding mails for users that do not exist on the server to another mail server?
I have Groupwise installed in one of our offices in which mail boxes have been craeted for staff of that office (let's call it officeA). We however have other staff in other offices who use heir own mail servers. How do I set up Groupwise so that mails for staff who are not in OFFICEA is forwarded to the required mail server. Note that all staff irrespective of their office locations are on the same domain (expdisc.com) What it does currently is to send a returned mail indicating that the intended recipient does not exist. Please help!!! Hi, Simple solution is to ...

Web resources about - can not connect to ISP mail server from mozilla mail through proxy server - netscape.mozilla.mail-news

Connect Four - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Connect Four (also known as Captain's Mistress , Four Up , Plot Four , Find Four , Fourplay , Four in a Row and Four in a Line ) is a two-player ...

Connect
mobile photography technology, culture and community www.dpreview.com News Reviews Features Phones Tablets Cameras Apps Forums Mobile photography ...

Kinvey Connects Mobile Apps To Facebook’s Open Graph
Facebook’s open graph technology is great for Web applications that want to better connect with users through the social network. But what about ...

Law Firm Partners Need To Connect Personally With Each Other To Manage Their Firm Well Together
... private lawyers must remember that their firms are businesses (if not typical businesses), in order to run their firms well, they need to connect ...

IFTTT gains support for Honeywell Total Connect Comfort with new channel
... creative ideas to make this even better and one of those is home automation. With that in mind, IFTTT is unveiling its Honeywell Total Connect ...

Hillary Clinton connects with Latina voters - Business Insider Deutschland
Clinton is building a targeted campaign infrastructure aimed at Latinas.

Crave giveaway: 128GB SanDisk Connect Wireless Stick
Win a $99.99 compact storage device for the mobile era that has its own Wi-Fi network built right in. Can't beat that for a Black Friday deal. ...

Google Search Connects Trump To Hitler
Searching for Trump's book suggests Mein Kampf as related search

Salesforce Connect Improves Data Integration for Enterprise Apps
Salesforce has renamed and updated its Lightning Connect services to help users access and manage data in external enterprise apps.

Entrepreneur Sets Goal To Connect Everyone To Needed Healthcare; She's Off To A Good Start
Grace Garey is a young social entrepreneur whose goal is to connect every person on the planet to needed healthcare. She's off to a good start. ...