Thunderbird: problem importing e-mails from Mozilla

Hi all,
I have a big problem.
I recently started using Thunderbird 1.0.7 on Windows XP and I found it
very nice. So I decided to leave "Mozilla 1.7 mail client" and transfer
all old mail to Thunderbird (on another PC).
So I copied all old files ( Inbox, Inbox.msf, Sent, Sent.msf, etc ) to
the new PC in the Thunderbird directories (...Application
Data/Thunderbird/profiles/<my profile here>/Mail/Local Folders).
All seemed to go well: I can easily read my old messages, etc
....but surprisingly I can't see *all* my messages in Inbox folder.
I mean:
I open the file "Inbox" and I can see *all* my old messages (obviously
some of them are in HTML format but what's important is that they
*exist*) but when I open  Thunderbird I can only see some of them.

Can anyone explain me why and if there is a solution.

thanks in advance
luke

0
luke
12/16/2005 11:23:46 AM
netscape.mozilla.general 7061 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"luke" <lroluk1@yahoo.com> wrote in

> Hi all,
> I have a big problem.
> I recently started using Thunderbird 1.0.7 on Windows XP and I
> found it very nice. So I decided to leave "Mozilla 1.7 mail
> client" and transfer all old mail to Thunderbird (on another
> PC). So I copied all old files ( Inbox, Inbox.msf, Sent,
> Sent.msf, etc ) to the new PC in the Thunderbird directories
> (...Application Data/Thunderbird/profiles/<my profile
> here>/Mail/Local Folders). All seemed to go well: I can easily
> read my old messages, etc ...but surprisingly I can't see
> *all* my messages in Inbox folder. I mean:
> I open the file "Inbox" and I can see *all* my old messages
> (obviously some of them are in HTML format but what's
> important is that they *exist*) but when I open  Thunderbird I
> can only see some of them.
>
> Can anyone explain me why and if there is a solution.

You erroneously copied the index files with the mail files.
Delete the *.MSF files with Thunderbird closed.

--
}:-)       Christopher Jahn
{:-(       http://home.comcast.net/~xjahn/Main.html

To find out a girl's faults, praise her to her girl friends.
0
Christopher
12/16/2005 1:44:34 PM
Christopher Jahn wrote:

> "luke" <lroluk1@yahoo.com> wrote in
>
> > Hi all,
> > I have a big problem.
> > I recently started using Thunderbird 1.0.7 on Windows XP and I
> > found it very nice. So I decided to leave "Mozilla 1.7 mail
> > client" and transfer all old mail to Thunderbird (on another
> > PC). So I copied all old files ( Inbox, Inbox.msf, Sent,
> > Sent.msf, etc ) to the new PC in the Thunderbird directories
> > (...Application Data/Thunderbird/profiles/<my profile
> > here>/Mail/Local Folders). All seemed to go well: I can easily
> > read my old messages, etc ...but surprisingly I can't see
> > *all* my messages in Inbox folder. I mean:
> > I open the file "Inbox" and I can see *all* my old messages
> > (obviously some of them are in HTML format but what's
> > important is that they *exist*) but when I open  Thunderbird I
> > can only see some of them.
> >
> > Can anyone explain me why and if there is a solution.
> >

> You erroneously copied the index files with the mail files.
> Delete the *.MSF files with Thunderbird closed.

Thanks for the answer, but even if I do like you suggest
 the result is the same

0
luke

Importing Mail from Thunderbird into Mozilla Mail
Hi, how can i migrate my mail folders from Thunderbird to Mozilla Mail 1.4? I know they both use the same mail format but a simple copy of the folders seems not to work properly. Thanks in advance for your help -- Giovanni Riccardi - giovanni@composizioni.net - http://www.composizioni.net Giovanni Riccardi wrote: > Hi, > how can i migrate my mail folders from Thunderbird to Mozilla Mail 1.4? > I know they both use the same mail format but a simple copy of the > folders seems not to work properly. > > Thanks in advance for your help > You need t...

Thunderbird/mozilla mail problems with network drives and general functioning
I keep getting write errors when mozilla mail and thunderbird have their profiles stored on network (samba server) drives. Further, while mozilla mail works fine with newsgroups, thunderbird cannot seem to cope with even getting headers half the time...different cloned profiles on the same system. Failed to connect errors 50% or more of the time with thunderbird. Are these problems new with this latest build of thunderbird, or has it always been this bad? Apparently thunderbird also can't post reliable to newsgroups, either: this is my second attempt posting this after...

tabbed e-mailing in thunderbird / mozilla mail
hi all, not sure if this has been mentioned before, but i hope that like firefox, thunderbird will feature tabbed e-mailing. that is, reading/writing mails, opening address book/records, all happen in the same windows, in tabs. (if you have used lotus notes r5 and above, you know what i mean). ...

Import Sylpheed or KMail Mail Into Mozilla Thunderbird or Mail
Is there a way to import the MH maildirs format mail from Sylpheed into Mozilla Thunderbird (preferred) or mail? I have found a way to convert Sylpheed to KMail so is it possible to import KMail into Mozilla instead? Thanks in advance. Tim. ...

Problem with Mozilla Thunderbird Mail
Wondering if anyone can help here. I was using Mozilla Thunderbird on a Windows XP machine accessing a pop account and loved it. Suddenly, though, it stopped retrieving my mail. At first I got an error about Thunderbird processing my inbox folder. Eventually I installed the latest version of Thunderbird and I get no error but I get no mail either. I even installed the regular Mozilla mail client and it won't retrieve mail either. So now I am stuck with Outlook for the time being and I despise Outlook. I can't seem to find any reference to problems such as this. Of cou...

Importing Mail from Mozilla to Thunderbird
I am making Thunderbird my default mail client. Now I need to import my addressbook, setings and mail from Mozilla Mail. So why when I go to import in Thunderbird I am given the option of importing from OE, Outlook, Eudora and Communicator 4, but not Mozilla. Do I need to export from Mozilla into a new folder and then move it to Thunderbird? Thanks, in advance. Art On 01/08/03 22:53 Art Greenberg spoke thusly > I am making Thunderbird my default mail client. Now I need to import my > addressbook, setings and mail from Mozilla Mail. So why when I go to > imp...

How do I import mozilla mail into thunderbird?
I was using Mozilla, and decided to try thunderbird. Can I import my email from my old mozilla into tbird? ...

Importing Mail from Mozilla to Thunderbird
When I am installing Thunderbird, I do not see the option to import mails from the existing Mozilla mail. How can I import mail and addresses from Mozilla Mail into Thunderbird, please? Hans Wolf wrote: > When I am installing Thunderbird, I do not see the option to import > mails from the existing Mozilla mail. > > How can I import mail and addresses from Mozilla Mail into Thunderbird, > please? The installer should offer to import Mozilla profile data. If not, this article should point you in the right direction: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Migrate_fr...

Problem mail to Thunderbird from Mozilla
I am having trouble getting my mail transferred to Thunderbird from Mozilla. I have four email accounts on Mozilla. I transferred them one at a time. Two accounts were ok - the mail was recognised by Thunderbird and new .msf files were created. But on the other two there is no mail showing - nothing in inbox or sent. I have verified that both inbox and sent are in the right place. Any ideas what to try? TIA Simeon Renais wrote: > I am having trouble getting my mail transferred to Thunderbird from > Mozilla. I have four email accounts on Mozilla. I transferred them one ...

'Start -> E-mail [Mozilla Thunderbird]' starts two Thunderbird windows.
Hi, I am seeing this unexpected behavior with Thunderbird's trunk builds on Windows XP. When I start Thunderbird using the 'Start -> E-mail [Mozilla Thunderbird]' way, I always get two windows of Thunderbird. That is not the case when I use the 'Start -> All Programs -> Mozilla Thunderbird -> Mozilla Thunderbird]' way. The later only opens one window - as expected. I believe this is related to the 'minimize to tray' extension, because when I disable that extension, everything is just fine. The extension does not say it is compatible with ...

Re: Mozilla Thunderbird E-mail
Name: Mary Lynn Russo Email: mlrusso_at_sei.cmu.edu Product: Thunderbird Summary: Re: Mozilla Thunderbird E-mail Comments: Hello, Just recently my hard drive here at work died, and our IT department had to replace the thing. My previous Thunderbird e-mail gave me the availability of a toolbar with options to change font, change color, change the size of the lettering, etc., when composing an e-mail. Why did that stop when I received a new hard drive? I loved that feature and I'm not sure why the toolbar line is not in your present version. Can you please explain? Is ...

Migration from Mozilla e-mail to Thunderbird
Name: Guido Adolph Norden Email: nordenqaatuoldotcomdotbr Product: Thunderbird Summary: Migration from Mozilla e-mail to Thunderbird Comments: In How do I migrate my Mozilla mail and settings to Thunderbird? you say that it will auto migration tool that imports my Mozilla profile directly into Thunderbird without you having to do anything, that did not happend. So, what I must do to imgrate all my e-mail and dont loose them? Best regards, Guido +55 (92) 9987-3399. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; pt-BR; rv:1.7.7) Gecko/20050414 ...

Rep:Problem with Mozilla Thunderbird Mail
-----Mensaje original----- De: corynyberg@yahoo.com (Cory Nyberg) Para: mozilla-mail-news@mozilla.org Fecha: 23/12/03 Asunto: Problem with Mozilla Thunderbird Mail Wondering if anyone can help here. I was using Mozilla Thunderbird on a Windows XP machine accessing a pop account and loved it. Suddenly, though, it stopped retrieving my mail. At first I got an error about Thunderbird processing my inbox folder. Eventually I installed the latest version of Thunderbird and I get no error but I get no mail either. I even installed the regular Mozilla mail client and it won't re...

move mail folders from mozilla to thunderbird problem
I decided to move from mozilla to firebird/thunderbird. After some initial testing of firebird 0.1 and 0.2 want to move all office PC's. I installed thunderbird 2.0 and did all the initialization stuff. Then I replaced the mail folders by those of my mozilla profile and deleted the .msf files. It worked for Inbox but not for all the other boxes. I moved the Sent box to my LINUX mozilla 1.2 and also had no success. So I started on a very low level MBOX format. I found that there are two entries like this: X-Mozilla-Status: 0009 X-Mozilla-Status1: 00080000 If I delete them, I ca...

Web resources about - Thunderbird: problem importing e-mails from Mozilla - netscape.mozilla.general