Thunderbird - Connection error message - connection was refused

Hello

I'm trying to set up Thunderbird on a new (well, new to me anyway)
desktop computer.

  I have successfully achieved that with email but when I try to achieve
same with Newsgroups I get the following error message - "Could not
connect to server.bmail.com.au; the connection was refused".

Ayt help/suggestions appreciated.
..
--
Regards
Echy

Greetings from Melbourne, Australia
www.visitvictoria.com.au

0
Echy
12/11/2005 8:10:49 PM
netscape.mozilla.general 7061 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 07:10:49 +1100, Echy <acuhcewrongone@yahoo.com.au>
wrote:

>Hello
>
>I'm trying to set up Thunderbird on a new (well, new to me anyway)
>desktop computer.
>
>  I have successfully achieved that with email but when I try to achieve
>same with Newsgroups I get the following error message - "Could not
>connect to server.bmail.com.au; the connection was refused".
>
>Ayt help/suggestions appreciated.
>.
It should be news.bmail.com.au
--
Martin
0
Martin wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 07:10:49 +1100, Echy <acuhcewrongone@yahoo.com.au>
> wrote:
>

>>Hello
>>
>>I'm trying to set up Thunderbird on a new (well, new to me anyway)
>>desktop computer.
>>
>> I have successfully achieved that with email but when I try to achieve
>>same with Newsgroups I get the following error message - "Could not
>>connect to server.bmail.com.au; the connection was refused".
>>
>>Ayt help/suggestions appreciated.
>>.
>
> It should be news.bmail.com.au

Thanks for replying. Checked and I already have the settling as
news.bmail.com.au.

The problem remains.

--
Regards
Echy

Greetings from Melbourne, Australia
www.visitvictoria.com.au

0
Echy

Web resources about - Thunderbird - Connection error message - connection was refused - netscape.mozilla.general

Mozilla Thunderbird
Mozilla Thunderbird is created by a global non-profit dedicated to putting individuals in control and shaping the future of the web for the public ...

Thunderbirds Are Go - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Thunderbirds Are Go is a 1966 British science-fiction film based on Thunderbirds , a 1960s television series starring marionette puppets and ...

Edit - Thunderbird - CrunchBase Product Profile
TechCrunch CrunchBase More TechCrunch Europe TechCrunch France TechCrunch Japan Register - Login or Advanced Search Home > Products > Thunderbird ...

F-16C Thunderbirds Formation - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
USAF Thunderbirds at the 2008 Battle Creek Air Show

Thunderbirds Are Go - Introducing The World - YouTube
The world of Thunderbirds Are Go, Tracy Island, miniature sets and craft have been lovingly made by none other than WETA Workshop - the model ...

Thunderbirds are go: First pictures of TV remake
The first images of the upcoming TV reboot of the iconic series Thunderbirds have been released, recasting the iconic puppets from the 1960s ...

Thunderbirds creator Gerry Anderson dies aged 83
... puppet TV shows Captain Scarlet, Stingray and Joe 90 died in his sleep, his son announces. Gerry Anderson, best known as the creator of Thunderbirds ...

Firebirds hold nerve to hold out Thunderbirds
It was another close shave but Queensland Firebirds coach Roselee Jencke was happy for her side to take a second straight win.

Thunderbirds are go, puppets are gone
Human Thunderbirds? What does this mean, writes James Cockington. - The Age Online

Southerners steal last-gasp draw against Thunderbirds
Southern Steel stole a 53-53 draw in the chaotic final seconds of their trans-Tasman netball league clash against Adelaide Thunderbirds.