SeaMonkey or Mozilla

I have an old configuration with Windows 98.
If we ignore security problems.
Do you think that Mozilla 1.7.13 is better than SeaMonkey 1.1.8 ?
1.7 is the stable branch and I think 1.8 is not.
Is it better to use Mozilla 1.7.13 for the stability ?
What do you think ?
Thank you very much.
0
JR
3/4/2008 4:28:03 PM
netscape.mozilla.general 7061 articles. 0 followers. Follow

JR wrote:
> I have an old configuration with Windows 98.
> If we ignore security problems.
> Do you think that Mozilla 1.7.13 is better than SeaMonkey 1.1.8 ?
> 1.7 is the stable branch and I think 1.8 is not.
> Is it better to use Mozilla 1.7.13 for the stability ?
> What do you think ?
> Thank you very much.

if you ignore the security problems and if you ignore the
bug problems, then I would say they're about the same.  I
was using win98 up until December of last year, and I always
had problems with Moz 1.7.13, and SM 1.1.8 fixed most of
them. So, in that sense, I would say SM is the better
product for your money.

Then again, it doesn't hurt to have both programs installed,
and using separate profiles.  I did.

help!!!! Emails to me may become public

Laws, which applies everywhere, except for some strange
reason, not to the mozilla.org servers, where you may get
banned.

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
0
Peter
3/4/2008 4:37:01 PM
Le 04/03/2008 17:37, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo a =E9crit :
> JR wrote:
>> I have an old configuration with Windows 98.
>> If we ignore security problems.
>> Do you think that Mozilla 1.7.13 is better than SeaMonkey 1.1.8 ?
>> 1.7 is the stable branch and I think 1.8 is not.
>> Is it better to use Mozilla 1.7.13 for the stability ?
>> What do you think ?
>> Thank you very much.
>=20
> if you ignore the security problems and if you ignore the bug problems,=
=20
> then I would say they're about the same.  I was using win98 up until=20
> December of last year, and I always had problems with Moz 1.7.13, and S=
M=20
> 1.1.8 fixed most of them. So, in that sense, I would say SM is the=20
> better product for your money.
>=20
> Then again, it doesn't hurt to have both programs installed, and using =

> separate profiles.  I did.
>=20
Your answer is very clear.
Thank you.

0
JR
3/4/2008 4:48:36 PM
JR wrote:
> Do you think that Mozilla 1.7.13 is better than SeaMonkey 1.1.8 ?

No

> 1.7 is the stable branch and I think 1.8 is not.

No, 1.8 (SeaMonkey 1.1) is the current stable branch.

> Is it better to use Mozilla 1.7.13 for the stability ?
> What do you think ?

No, it's not better to use an older insecure version of a program, update to
the latest

--

   //Aho
JR wrote:
> Le 04/03/2008 17:37, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo a =E9crit :
>> JR wrote:
>>> I have an old configuration with Windows 98.
>>> If we ignore security problems.
>>> Do you think that Mozilla 1.7.13 is better than SeaMonkey 1.1.8 ?
>>> 1.7 is the stable branch and I think 1.8 is not.
>>> Is it better to use Mozilla 1.7.13 for the stability ?
>>> What do you think ?
>>> Thank you very much.
>> if you ignore the security problems and if you ignore the bug problems=
,=20
>> then I would say they're about the same.  I was using win98 up until=20
>> December of last year, and I always had problems with Moz 1.7.13, and =
SM=20
>> 1.1.8 fixed most of them. So, in that sense, I would say SM is the=20
>> better product for your money.
>>
>> Then again, it doesn't hurt to have both programs installed, and using=
=20
>> separate profiles.  I did.
>>
> Your answer is very clear.
> Thank you.
>=20

put it this way: SeaMonkey is a continuation of Moz 1.7.13.=20
  If the Moz people didn't drop the Mozilla Suite, today we=20
would have been at Mozilla 1.8.something.  There was already=20
a beta version of 1.8 out for testers. When the Moz people=20
dropped it, some developers, testers, and users didn't want=20
the Suite program do die.  They wanted it to continue, but=20
they couldn't use the term Mozilla Suite, so they used its=20
code name of SeaMonkey instead. So, SM today, picks up where=20
Mozilla Suite left off.

--=20
*IMPORTANT*: Sorry folks, but I cannot provide email=20
help!!!! Emails to me may become public

Notice: This posting is protected under the Free Speech=20
Laws, which applies everywhere, except for some strange=20
reason, not to the mozilla.org servers, where you may get=20
banned.

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
0
Peter

Having problems with "Threads with Unread" in mozilla.support.seamonkey on news.mozilla.org in SeaMonkey v1.06.
Hello, I seem to have found another problem after uninstalling Mozilla v1.7.13 (kept my profiles and did not delete my Mozilla folder/directory to copy the extensions and plugins) and installing SeaMonkey v1.06 last night in Windows XP Pro. SP2 (all updates). 2 screen shots: http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/9589/mozillasupportseamonkeyec0.gif .... I can't seem to make "Threads with Unread" work in mozilla.support.seamonkey newsgroup on news.mozilla.org news server. I tried unsubscribing, resubscribing, changing options, compacting (compact if 100+ KB in se...

Mozilla SeaMonkey and Mozilla Sunbird on U3 Smart flash drives
Hello, everyone! My name is Valeria Zysman and I type from Buenos Aires. Well, you'll see, there's a mobile platform for USB flash drives called U3 Smart (http://u3.com/), which is designed by SanDisk. U3 Smart flash drives run on Windows 2000 SP4, Windows XP (all versions and service packs) and Windows Vista (all versions and service packs as well). It is similar to PortableApps.com platform but is NOT a PortableApps.com platform. For instance, Mozilla Firefox and Mozilla Thunderbird U3 Smart builds update without the need of reinstall all the whole program itself but the...

Rant: The Mozilla suite (aka SeaMonkey) should be a wrapper for Mozilla software
Name: Tim Chambers Email: tygrus_at_iinet.net.au Product: SeaMonkey Summary: Rant: The Mozilla suite (aka SeaMonkey) should be a wrapper for Mozilla software Comments: It seems a waste to have parallel development of browser in Firefox and SeaMonkey. The suite should be the wrapper for the other applications. A light install could just be the browser (Firefox) or add the mail client (Thunderbird). You can download Firefox to update the browser, run the Thunderbird installer to add mail client, or run the full suite installer to add/remove several. Links show in installed...

Mozilla Reps, Mozilla Rep, Mozilla Representative, ReMo, etc?
Hi, I saw something on Yammer today, that some of us write our job title as Mozilla Reps there, but some write it. Mozilla Rep Mozilla Representative Mozilla Reps I know we have other names such as ReMo MozReps MozRep IMO, it's okay to have many different names, but shouldn't we need to agree of 1 name to write properly on job title (especially on such as yammer)? How do you think? I think Mozilla Representative Jairo Ruiz Representante Oficial de Mozilla http://gpljaruiz.wordpress.com/ 2013/2/22 Yofie Setiawan <yofie@yopdesign.com> > Hi, ...

Building SeaMonkey 2.35 off mozilla-release or mozilla-38esr+THUNDERBIRD_38_VERBRANCH
rsx11m and I think that we should build SeaMonkey 2.35 off mozilla-esr38 since we can use the Thunderbird release branch which has: 1) all the patchs needed for Thunderbird/ Mailnews so we don't have to land these again on mozilla-release. 2) the latest stability and security fixes for Gecko 38 in a form which shouldn't break any APIs or ABIs that we are using. I think Callek said he prefers using mozilla-release as our base but I don't know how adamant he is. Phil -- Philip Chee <philip@aleytys.pc.my>, <philip.chee@gmail.com> http://flashblock.mozde...

Who's monkeying with the mozilla.support.seamonkey: record in my news.mozilla.com.rc file?
Every several months something corrupts the contents of the mozilla.support.seamonkey: record in the news.mozilla.com.rc file of my SM profile. All of a sudden, all of the unread articles in the newsgroup are marked as read. This happens in between news reading sessions. i.e. when I connect to the server the next time, the number of unread articles reported has dropped from whatever it was when I ended the previous reading session, down to only the number of new articles that have just arrived. If I open the .rc file with an editor, the record for the newsgroup has been modified to s...

Leaving hg.mozilla bug.mozilla to github for the leaving complicated infrastructure of mozilla.
I think the relationship between Thunderbird/SeaMonkey and gecko-dev should be like the relation ship between Atom editor vs Electron. So there is no need that Thunderbird/SeaMonkey chasing the mozilla-central. And considerate the hard for contributing code in mozilla infrastructure for thunderbird, I suggest to completely to leave the mozilla infrastructure. To reach this target, we need to do the following things. 1=E3=80=81All the repos are git based and hosted on github I've already writing scripts to mirror all branches/tags of comm & gecko-dev, They are now placed...

Leaving hg.mozilla bug.mozilla to github for the leaving complicated infrastructure of mozilla.
I think the relationship between Thunderbird/SeaMonkey and gecko-dev should be like the relation ship between Atom editor vs Electron. So there is no need that Thunderbird/SeaMonkey chasing the mozilla-central. And considerate the hard for contributing code in mozilla infrastructure for thunderbird, I suggest to completely to leave the mozilla infrastructure. To reach this target, we need to do the following things. 1=E3=80=81All the repos are git based and hosted on github I've already writing scripts to mirror all branches/tags of comm & gecko-dev, They are now placed...

Mozilla Seamonkey
Will seamonkey be pursued beyond 1.0 alpha 1? On 11/30/2005 10:25 pm, Zachary thus wrote : > Will seamonkey be pursued beyond 1.0 alpha 1? > Latest trunk is 1.5a. The 1.0 beta is also available. SeaMonkey is a current, active project, gaining users regularly. In fact, I find rendering to be much faster with SeaMonkey than FF, and prefer an integrated suite vs the separate apps (many people do). Grab a nightly build and enjoy. And please don't forget to post feedback and bug reports (if necessary). -- Lewis -----------------------------------------------------...

From Mozilla to SeaMonkey
How do I go from Mozilla 1.7.12 to SeaMonkey 1.1.1? What can I transfer from the old to the new suite? Would it be wise to keep Mozilla for a while? I�ll appreciate any help in this matter. Monica// Monica wrote: > How do I go from Mozilla 1.7.12 to SeaMonkey 1.1.1? > What can I transfer from the old to the new suite? > > Would it be wise to keep Mozilla for a while? > > I�ll appreciate any help in this matter. > > Monica// all your settings, prefs, bookmarks, mail, etc, are stored in an area called the Profile. When you install SM, it will ...

Mozilla seamonkey
http://www.mozilla.org/seamonkey-transition.html Think this must be the worst news the I have read from mozilla.org. I cannot see why you are doing this becouse sea-monkey is the base of the mozilla.org it was therefor it was started in the first place. If I remeber correctly. I prefer seamonkey over firefox along way. alphadec wrote: > http://www.mozilla.org/seamonkey-transition.html > > Think this must be the worst news the I have read from mozilla.org. > > I cannot see why you are doing this becouse sea-monkey is the base of > the mozilla.org it ...

Firebird or Mozilla... Thunderbird or Mozilla...
I just got finished reading the roadmap to try and figure out if I would be better off stacking with FB and TB, or if I should install the Mozilla Suite. I cannot make heads or tails out of the roadmap. I cannot figure out what would be the best choice. Would someone here kindly outline the key decision issues for the two different paths? Thanx, zeddock. zeddock on 04.11.03 22:12 wrote: > I just got finished reading the roadmap to try and figure out if I would > be better off stacking with FB and TB, or if I should install the > Mozilla Suite. Uh, this...

Opening Mozilla into Mozilla Mail
At one time I had 2 Mozilla icons on the desktop. One opened Mozilla into Mozilla Mail and the other opened Mozilla into Navigator. I've lost the icons and can't remember how I did it. Can anyone help? BP wrote: > At one time I had 2 Mozilla icons on the desktop. One opened Mozilla into > Mozilla Mail and the other opened Mozilla into Navigator. I've lost the > icons and can't remember how I did it. Can anyone help? > > see news.mozilla.org/dbgj16$jv54@ripley.netscape.com I hope I did this right. Andy -- to contact me, remov...

Web resources about - SeaMonkey or Mozilla - netscape.mozilla.general

The Hawaiian Seamonkey
Diving, eating, gardening, loving the Big Island of Hawaii

The SeaMonkey® Project
The SeaMonkey project is a community effort to develop the SeaMonkeyall-in-one internet application suite (see below).Such a software suite was ...

SeaMonkey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
cross-platform Internet suite . It is the continuation of the former Mozilla Application Suite , based on the same source code. Core Mozilla ...

Review: SeaMonkey 1.1.8 for the Mac
SeaMonkey 1.1.8, the Mozilla Foundation's all-in-one Internet application, combines browsing, e-mail, HTML editing, and IRC chat.

SeaMonkey 2.3 Beta 1 arrives for testing
Based on the same Gecko browser engine as Firefox 6, SeaMonkey 2.3 Beta 1 has been released for testing. It offers improvements to WebGL that ...

SeaMonkey Offers Browser, E-Mail, and Chat
... resuscitated a group of Internet tools built by Netscapewhose spin-off, Mozilla, brought out the popular Firefox Web browser. Renamed SeaMonkey ...

SeaMonkey, Mozilla's all-in-one Internet suite, releases new beta
The SeaMonkey Project has released SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 3 , a version that makes a lot of new functionality available to a wide audience for the ...

SeaMonkey review
Browse the web, work with mail, chat in IRC and edit HTML

SeaMonkey 2.33
... advanced e-mail, newsgroup and feed client, IRC chat, and HTML editing made simple, all your Internet needs in one application. The SeaMonkey ...

Seamonkey 1.1 Released
stuuf writes "Version 1.1 of the Seamonkey Internet Application Suite is now available, with quite a few improvements over the 1.0 series. Some ...