Please help! My mozilla won't attempt to get email, but won't say why

Since 9/4, my Mozilla has apparently stopped attempting to receive email
from a POP3 server.  So far as I know, my server settings are OK with my
ISP, and I can use Outlook Express successfully, so its not a problem with
my ISP.

Is there a log somewhere, or some other diagnostic?

Thanks,
Ben P

0
Ben
9/10/2003 6:42:00 PM
netscape.mozilla.general 7061 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On 10/09/2003 14:42, Ben Pracht wrote:

> Since 9/4, my Mozilla has apparently stopped attempting to receive email
> from a POP3 server.  So far as I know, my server settings are OK with my
> ISP, and I can use Outlook Express successfully, so its not a problem with
> my ISP.
>
> Is there a log somewhere, or some other diagnostic?

Have you rebooted recently? That often fixes Win problems.

-=Straxus=-

0
David

Won't send, won't receive, won't do anything but send me rejection messages!
I keep getting messages such as these: Unable to connect to your IMAP server. You may have exceeded the maximum c= onnections to this server. If so, use the IMAP server settings dialog to re= duce the number of cached connections. Sending of the message failed. The message could not be sent because the connection to Outgoing server (SM= TP) smtp.google.com was lost in the middle of the transaction. Try again. I have used Thunderbird for years, and have really liked it. Sometimes one = of the top of the pages goes up way too high above the top of the screen, s= o there is no way...

'do' won't 'do' if '/'

Please Help! Mozilla won't run
A friend has the following problem, click on the Icon or even on the program icon in the moz directory and you get absolutely nothing. No errors, nothing. I uninstalled, and reinstalled and it still did not work. So I uninstalled, then ran Norton Windoctor, found some mozilla related registry entries, had Windoctor to delete all those, reinstalled and it is still not working. He is running 98SE on an older HP desktop. He just had some worm and trojan problems and that is when Mozilla quit working. I cleaned the virii out and everything else, including an old install of Netscape 4...

'Mozilla Composer' on Mac: Won't open html files
Hi. Last night I tried to help my friend install Sea Monkey on his Apple Mac so he can use Mozilla Composer to create and edit html files. We appeared to successfully install Sea Monkey for Mac OS, but when we tried to open a (very, very) simple html file that I had just created in Mozilla Composer on my PC it would not open it. Every time we tried we got a dialog box saying something like: "This is a binary file. Do you want to: (a) Open it; or (b) Save it." -When we clicked on 'Open' we got the usual list of programs, but Mozilla Composer was not one of them. Actual...

Mozilla Firefox won't start
After rebooting when Firefox displayed a problem report dialog, I can't get Firefox to start now. It just briefly shows an hourglass. Then, no Firefox opens. Anyone have any suggestions? Adam wrote: > After rebooting when Firefox displayed a problem report dialog, > I can't get Firefox to start now. It just briefly shows an hourglass. > Then, no Firefox opens. Anyone have any suggestions? > > make sure FF is closed, then click on the windows start button, then run and enter: firefox.exe -p this will start the FF profile manager. Create a te...

HELP PLEASE
What's the problem here? I can't connect to Google. Help please. Jonathan Tightlips wrote: > What's the problem here? I can't connect to Google. Help please. Works with my Mozilla -- Please delete everything between "matti" and the "@" in my mail address. Stardate 10/1/03 4:03 PM, Jonathan Tightlips sat a million monkeys at a million typewriters and produced the following: > What's the problem here? I can't connect to Google. Help please. You have a virus which alters your HOSTS file. Just google for it ;) HA HA, I kill...

Won't run, won't quit...
Firefox won't open a page, it also won't completely quite. Task manager says that it's still running, and cannot close it. I left for about four weeks, and when I come back; this! I cannot end whatever part of firefox.exe is still running. IE works fine, but firefox will not find any page whatsoever. HELP? Yep. Even tried installing the latest version. Wouldn't work; it said the firefoxe.exe was still running, and I still could not close it. Matter of fact, it's "running" right now. I'm at a total loss here. There is no "uninstall"...

won't close, then won't re-open
Name: Murray Product: Firefox Summary: won't close, then won't re-open Comments: For several weeks MF wouldn't completely close and was constantly running in the background, but then wouldn't reopen. I went online looking for a solution, but you don't have one. So. Bye bye. I'm done with you. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US) AppleWebKit/532.5 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/4.1.249.1064 Safari/532.5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but ...

Mozilla 1.7 won't start after registry change. please help
I am running 98SE, Abit KT7A-RAID mb 512mb RAM, dual boot with win2000 PRO sp3, Athlon XP 1900+. I have used Mozilla for years and love it. I installed 1.7 and it was working fine until I had a registry problem and had to replace the registry with one from a couple of weeks ago. After that, Mozilla will not start. sometimes it will get as far as the splash screen, sometimes absolutely nothing happens. No errors, nothing like that, just doesn't start. Any help will be greatly appreciated. ...

Module won't die! Page won't die!
Hi, I've got a module on my page...it's all blanked out...(remnant of the site before it deleted my desktop modules directory and I had to reinstall the modules) that is returning an error. So I tried to delete this module but it won't delete. So I then deleted the page and that worked...except I can't delete the page out of the recycle bin. Any help? Quick Tip, Go straight to the database. Note the tab name, module name and any extra information related to the modules content. 1. If content is stored in table (e.g. HtmlText) go to the modules Table search for deleted modules (IsD...

Bookmarks won't save, history won't record.
Name: Peter Styles Email: dagrimdialer619athotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Bookmarks won't save, history won't record. Comments: I'm on Windows Vista SP1, and using a custom built computer. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1b1) Gecko/20081007 Firefox/3.1b1 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Web resources about - Please help! My mozilla won't attempt to get email, but won't say why - netscape.mozilla.general