Mozilla News-reading news

I have several newsgroups set up, when I finish reading the posts in one
newsgroup and click on the next button Mozilla asks "Advance to next
unread message in newsgroup.whatever?"

Is there a place to turn off it asking and go ahead and go the the next
unread message in the next newsgroup?

I've looked at about:config listing, and haven't seen anything under
preferences. Probably something simple I am missing.

Thanks!
Steve

Mozilla 1.5 Linux

0
steve
11/30/2003 3:25:38 PM
netscape.mozilla.general 7061 articles. 0 followers. Follow

steve harris wrote:
> I have several newsgroups set up, when I finish reading the posts in one
> newsgroup and click on the next button Mozilla asks "Advance to next
> unread message in newsgroup.whatever?"

never got a such message...

> Is there a place to turn off it asking and go ahead and go the the next
> unread message in the next newsgroup?
>
> I've looked at about:config listing, and haven't seen anything under
> preferences. Probably something simple I am missing.

If it's an option, then it should be under

Edit/Preferences...: Mail & Newsgroups

or

Edit/Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings...: <The newsgroup account>

> Mozilla 1.5 Linux

Mozilla 1.5 for Linux

  //Aho

steve harris wrote:
> I have several newsgroups set up, when I finish reading the posts in one
> newsgroup and click on the next button Mozilla asks "Advance to next
> unread message in newsgroup.whatever?"
>
> Is there a place to turn off it asking and go ahead and go the the next
> unread message in the next newsgroup?
>
> I've looked at about:config listing, and haven't seen anything under
> preferences. Probably something simple I am missing.
>
> Thanks!
> Steve
>
> Mozilla 1.5 Linux

Add this line to your user.js:

user_pref("mailnews.nav_crosses_folders", 0);

0 is go to next folder without prompting
1 is ask first
2 is never go to next folder

good luck, Aron

> Add this line to your user.js:
>
> user_pref("mailnews.nav_crosses_folders", 0);
>
> 0 is go to next folder without prompting
> 1 is ask first
> 2 is never go to next folder
>
> good luck, Aron

Aron, the string was already there, I set it to 0, works great.

I appreciate it! Thanks.

Steve

0
steve

If you are searching the current active newsgroup for bugzilla, please use news://news.mozilla.org/mozilla.support.bugzilla
If you are searching the current active newsgroup for bugzilla, please use news://news.mozilla.org/mozilla.support.bugzilla ...

How is Mozilla news? Any suggestions for news reader?
I like my own e-mail client better, and use Mozilla only as a news reader. Personally I do not like the idea of integrating e-mail client and news client together, is there any work through for that? The Unix is designed to be "everyone doing their best, and they only do their best", so a news reader should be a stand-alone new reader and trying to do its own job best, not to do everything. Could anyone recommend me a good stand-alone news (NNTP) client program? Thanks in advance. Regards Pan In article <bhgjp9$8j8$1@titan.btinternet.com> in netscape...

Is the news://news.mozilla.org server down??
Anyone else not able to connect to news://news.mozilla.org ? On 04.02.2005 12:32, mozilla-user wrote: --- Original Message --- > Anyone else not able to connect to news://news.mozilla.org ? > > Not that I know of as I'm posting to it now. -- Jay Garcia Netscape Champion - Mozilla Champion UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org Mozilla Champions - http://mozillachampions.mozdev.org Posting Guidelines - http://mozillachampions.mozdev.org/guidelines.html <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"> <html> <head> &l...

Mozilla Thunderbird & mozilla news (normal)
I use thunderbird under windows and mozilla mail under linux. they have the same behaviour. The problem is when i want to read some news, mozilla automaticaly bring to some news and display all the tree. It's not a big deal, but it's kind of boring. What i would like, is that mozilla just keep in the last news that was posted, and don't display tree of a news i don't care. cheers, ps : sorry for my english, i'm french ;) -- Pascal Pascal wrote: > I use thunderbird under windows and mozilla mail under linux. they > have the same behaviour. The pro...

Using Mozilla to read news
When I use mozilla to read news, I notice it will re-download image attachments but not for attachment format s. It is like that even if I choose the newsgroup for offline usage. Anyway to disable this 'feature'? ...

general Mozilla news questions
Hi, can someone tell me how to - make Mozilla download all headers and bodies from some subscribed newsgroups? - make Mozilla remember passwords for mail and news servers? - mark multiple newsgroups read in one go (without marking them read individually)? - see all marked (important, work,...) messages in a threaded view? Thanks for the help, I don't seem to find these things... Cheers, Tim On 22.04.2004 22:48, Tim wrote: > Hi, > > can someone tell me how to > - make Mozilla download all headers and bodies from some subscribed > newsgro...

How to read archives with a mozilla news?
Hi- My favorite newsgroup has archives available as tgz text files for download. i would like to download some of these and import them into my newsreader, but so far, i haven t been able to figure out how to do this with my preferred news client, Mozilla. can anyone tell me how to import archives into Mozilla? i don t know whether these text files are MBOX format (how would i find out? what does that look like? the files are simply ascii files, with all the articles concatenated, with full headers), but simply dragging the files into my ~/.mozilla/default/xxx.slt/News/ folde...

mozilla-news
Hi, I am new to mozilla and trying to use it for newsgroups. Now I wonder if it' s possible to change the way the groups are displayed. For example this newsgroups shows up as n.p.m.mail-news. I would like it when it shows netscape.public.mozilla.mail-news. No luck so far changing it. Anybody else?? -- If I am a good dog somebody may throw me a bone. I forgot to mention that I use mozilla-1.7 on slackware 10. > Hi, > > I am new to mozilla and trying to use it for newsgroups. > Now I wonder if it' s possible to change the way the groups are displayed. ...

Mozilla News
If I read all messages in a newsgroup and leave focus on that newsgroup, pressing Ctrl-T or File->Get New Messages or clicking "Get New Messages" in Mail Toolbar duplicates number of unread messages on folder pane. On message list under focus messages show in duplicate and when I read them through pressing spacebar, "ghosts" are not marked read until I move another newsgroup and back. I mark newsgroup read, but threads still show unread messages. Is this a known bug? I've used Mozilla as newsreader about a week and it is annoying to remember not to d...

Mozilla news
Hope this is right group, how do I set a password in news setting to set up "No Regrets"? Mozilla 0.9.8 Thanks rick rick dipped a quill in the inkwell and wrote... > Hope this is right group, how do I set a password in news setting to set > up "No Regrets"? > Mozilla 0.9.8 > Thanks > rick I asked the same thing recently. :-) Here ya go... Don -------------- From: Hasse <jasajudeju@telia.com> Newsgroups: grc.techtalk Subject: Re: cecil=id ? Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 11:51:29 +0200 Message-ID: <MPG.177fb88d13b34ab79896b0@news...

Mozilla/Thunderbird not reading news messages
All, It looks like the original append didn't make it, so here is another shot. The problem is that I stopped being able to download and display newsgroup messages in mid Dec. The program is Mozilla 1.5. The server is news-server.stny.rr.com . I also tried Thunderbird with same result. Someone directed me to news-server.orange.rr.com, which does work, but slowly. After talking to tech. support today I tried another news program called News Rover. It was able to connect to news-server.stny.rr.com, download all of the messages and display them. Can anyone h...

wish for mozilla: "make mozilla default news application"
just as it exists for mail, i'd like to make mozilla the default news-reader, so news:// links get opened by mozilla (possible even with a question dialog asking to subscibe) how can this be done ? Paul Langmeijer wrote: > just as it exists for mail, i'd like to make mozilla the default > news-reader, so news:// links get opened by mozilla (possible even with > a question dialog asking to subscibe) > > how can this be done ? > It's been awhile since I've used Windows, but I believe this is a Windows issue--Windows doesn't allow us...

Unresponsive script after adding groups from NEWS.MOZILLA.ORG news server
Utilizing the links provided at: http://www.mozilla.com/support/#newsgroups, now everytime that News Server's tree is expanded to show the sunscribed groups, I constantly get "Unresponsive script" error. Collapsing the tree or unsubscribing from all groups (I only have two) alleviates the problem. I subscribe to ne3wsgroups from several other Usenet News Servers without experiencing this problem. Can anyone help, please? Thanks in advance... Tom --- Rule of Combat - Try to look unimportant, they may be low on ammo. _Tom Geer_ spoke thusly on 01/07/2006 ...

How can I read Mozilla groups without a news server?
Formerly Larry, Now LHP, just changed name. news.mozilla.org, I am told, uses the Giganews news server. Some reading up on usenet and news servers seems to have told me (a newsgroup novice) that I need to belong to a news server, like Giganews, to read newsgroups. But I have not subscribed to Giganews or any other news server, so am wondering how I can participate here. Somebody please tell me how this works. Thanks, Larry LHP wrote: > Formerly Larry, Now LHP, just changed name. > > news.mozilla.org, I am told, uses the Giganews news server. Some reading > ...

Web resources about - Mozilla News-reading news - netscape.mozilla.general

Hackers - Hacker News reading app
Get Hackers - Hacker News reading app on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Japan scientists unveil news-reading robots
... that front your news bulletins could soon well be replaced, as Japanese scientists unveil what they claim to be the world's first news-reading ...

Kite’s Socially Curated News-Reading App Launches on iOS
At the Northside Innovation Conference and Expo , social news-reading app Kite has launched on iOS devices. The app was created to allow users ...

Pulse Co-founders Talk About Huge Growth of Visual News-Reading App - Kara Swisher - News - AllThingsD ...
... S.S. Minnow through a Noah-like rainstorm in Silicon Valley to visit offices of Pulse. Less than a year ago, the nifty visual news-reading app ...

Professional Networking Site LinkedIn Acquires Popular News Reading App Pulse
Its official: the popular business networking site LinkedIn has acquired the popular news reading app Pulse.

Official Google Blog: Exploring a new, more dynamic way of reading news with Living Stories
Official Google Blog: Exploring a new, more dynamic way of reading news with Living Stories

Reading News - Events - School Info - City Services - Boston.com
Local news and community info for Reading, Massachusetts, including events and things to do, town information, real estate, schools, sports, ...

News Reading Shifts To Tablets
... Spend As Much Time on Tablets as Print (Journalism.co.uk) Consumers in the U.S., Germany, and France are spending as much time reading news ...

Facebook launches Paper, a news-reading app
New York Times Facebook launches Paper, a news-reading app CNN (CNN) It might be time to slide over that Facebook app on the homescreen of ...

The 8 best news reading apps
Facebook's Paper is just the latest in a crop of news reader apps to hit smartphones. Curious about the rest? Here's what you need to know.