Is firefox browser the primary browser of mozilla?

Is firefox browser the primary browser of mozilla?
I read that this will or may already be the primary  browser.

Does that mean there are going to stop with Mozilla browsers?
Also,  I would like to know why?

Greg
0
Greg
5/8/2004 9:21:41 PM
netscape.mozilla.general 7061 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Firefox is a stand alone browser based on the Mozilla code with
Thunderbird being the stand alone e:mail application.
What is usually referred to as Mozilla is not a browser or a e:mail
application it is a suite of applications containing browser, e:mail
application and page composer. As to weather it is likely to be
discontinued I would not think so in the immediate future as they have
just released the new 1.7 version.  What the long term holds I don't know.

Greg R wrote:
> Is firefox browser the primary browser of mozilla?
> I read that this will or may already be the primary  browser.
>
> Does that mean there are going to stop with Mozilla browsers?
> Also,  I would like to know why?
>
> Greg
0
Workie
5/9/2004 1:33:45 AM
On 2004-05-09 03:33, Workie wrote:

> application and page composer. As to weather it is likely to be
> discontinued I would not think so in the immediate future as they have
> just released the new 1.7 version.  What the long term holds I don't know.

They are continuing the Seamonkey suite for some time, but Brendan
already mentioned that eventually, in a year or so, the suite will
become discontinued and Firefox/Thunderbird will be bundled to Mozilla 2.0.

-Bene

--
 Get Firefox		http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/
 Get Thunderbird	http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/
>On Sun, 09 May 2004 11:29:30 +0200, Benedikt Kantus <bugzilla@bkantus.de> wrote:

>On 2004-05-09 03:33, Workie wrote:
>
>> application and page composer. As to weather it is likely to be
>> discontinued I would not think so in the immediate future as they have
>> just released the new 1.7 version.  What the long term holds I don't know.
>
>They are continuing the Seamonkey suite for some time, but Brendan
>already mentioned that eventually, in a year or so, the suite will
>become discontinued and Firefox/Thunderbird will be bundled to Mozilla 2.0.
>
>-Bene

Correction
I just read that aol is planning in releasing New Netscape version.
I wonder if this will change things
0
Greg
5/10/2004 4:13:55 PM
On 10.05.04 11:13, Greg R wrote:

>>> application and page composer. As to weather it is likely to be
>>> discontinued I would not think so in the immediate future as they have
>>> just released the new 1.7 version.  What the long term holds I don't know.
>>
>>They are continuing the Seamonkey suite for some time, but Brendan
>>already mentioned that eventually, in a year or so, the suite will
>>become discontinued and Firefox/Thunderbird will be bundled to Mozilla 2.0.
>>
>>-Bene
>
> Correction
> I just read that aol is planning in releasing New Netscape version.
> I wonder if this will change things

No, this will have no effect on Mozilla/Firefox development. However,
the release of Netscape 7.2 based on Mozilla 1.7 will definitely have a
huge positive effect on the Mozilla Foundation and it's developing
applications overall.

--
Jay Garcia Netscape Champion - Mozilla Champion
UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org
On 2004-05-10 18:13, Greg R wrote:

>>On Sun, 09 May 2004 11:29:30 +0200, Benedikt Kantus <bugzilla@bkantus.de> wrote:
>
>>On 2004-05-09 03:33, Workie wrote:
>>
>>> application and page composer. As to weather it is likely to be
>>> discontinued I would not think so in the immediate future as they have
>>> just released the new 1.7 version.  What the long term holds I don't know.
>>
>>They are continuing the Seamonkey suite for some time, but Brendan
>>already mentioned that eventually, in a year or so, the suite will
>>become discontinued and Firefox/Thunderbird will be bundled to Mozilla 2.0.
>>
>>-Bene
>
> Correction
> I just read that aol is planning in releasing New Netscape version.
> I wonder if this will change things

Well, basically, AOLTW just take the Mozilla code (probably from the 1.7
branch) and change logos and add some stuff. This does not affect the
long-term plans of mozilla.org.

-Bene

--
 Get Firefox		http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/
 Get Thunderbird	http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/
0
Benedikt
5/10/2004 6:15:49 PM
Benedikt Kantus wrote:
> On 2004-05-09 03:33, Workie wrote:
>

>>application and page composer. As to weather it is likely to be
>>discontinued I would not think so in the immediate future as they have
>>just released the new 1.7 version.  What the long term holds I don't know.
>

> They are continuing the Seamonkey suite for some time, but Brendan
> already mentioned that eventually, in a year or so, the suite will
> become discontinued and Firefox/Thunderbird will be bundled to Mozilla 2.0.
>
> -Bene

Hi Bene,

If that is true, will there be a way to import all exsisting setting,
mail, local folders, etc?

Also, do you know of a way to import MS Outlook PST files into Mozilla mail?

Thanks, Schniggen
0
TaylorMade
5/11/2004 12:47:06 AM
> Hi Bene,
>
> If that is true, will there be a way to import all exsisting setting,
> mail, local folders, etc?

You can import all mail settings/data easily. I'm not ure about browsing
settings, but it's definitely working manually.

> Also, do you know of a way to import MS Outlook PST files into Mozilla mail?

No, I don't use Outlook.

-Bene

--
 Get Firefox		http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/
 Get Thunderbird	http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/
0
Benedikt
5/11/2004 5:00:09 AM
Benedikt Kantus skrev 2004-05-10 20:15:

> On 2004-05-10 18:13, Greg R wrote:
>

>>>On Sun, 09 May 2004 11:29:30 +0200, Benedikt Kantus <bugzilla@bkantus.de> wrote:
>>
>>>They are continuing the Seamonkey suite for some time, but Brendan
>>>already mentioned that eventually, in a year or so, the suite will
>>>become discontinued and Firefox/Thunderbird will be bundled to Mozilla 2.0.
>>>
>>>-Bene
>>
>>Correction
>>I just read that aol is planning in releasing New Netscape version.
>>I wonder if this will change things
>

> Well, basically, AOLTW just take the Mozilla code (probably from the 1.7
> branch) and change logos and add some stuff. This does not affect the
> long-term plans of mozilla.org.

Still, AOLTW's decisions have a substantial effect on mozilla.org's
short-term plans. It didn't take many hours after the announcement of
the up-coming NS release was made, that mozilla.org determined its next
stable branch to be 1.7 instead of 1.8, which was originally planned. It
was (partly) done in order to time the NS revision release.

--
/P.M.

0
PeEmm

How can I get out of my Mozilla's browser the Winamp browser and get back the Google's or Mozilla's browser.
Please I have got to my browser ( I don't know how.) the Winamp browser he behave like virus stick in.But he doesn't has uninstalation section so I can't do anything to get him away from Mozilla's file. I'm not happy of Winamp's behave its like advertisement against a customer's will. Please is there any way to get him away from Mozilla?Please send me exact direction I have tried many ways but he is deeply inside the systeme so when I install new Mozilla he is always here ready to pester me. Thank you for an answer. Richard ...

Mozilla Firefox Browser
--____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Hi, Will Novell be improving the support for Mozilla Firefox, we are moving to it away from Explorer to Mozilla as it is cross Platform and has less vunerabilities. With Novells BIG moves into linux and open desktops and servers I thought it would be a natural move.... Any comments from the Novell people, any other browser you recommend? Thanks, Allen --____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____WHPEPQYSAQXEHDGESJXG____" --____WHPEPQYSAQXEHDGESJXG____ Content-T...

Mozilla Firefox Browser
Hi all, is there a newsgroup for Mozilla Firefox browser support? I installed the latest Firefox update and it behaves weird so I had to uninstall and go back to the earlier version so I want to ask some questions to see if I can get the later version to work correctly. Thanks for any advice in advance. On Fri, 12 Aug 2011 10:38:05 +1000, in message <17t847l3gi9k2e2783gpfe7peb8bk77d6v@4ax.com> Mastic wrote: > Hi all, is there a newsgroup for Mozilla Firefox browser support? Yes. Use the news server news.mozilla.org and subscribe to the newsgroup mozilla.support.firefo...

About firefox-Mozilla browser
Name: Donald Rispens (Elvin) Email: donaldrispensathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: About firefox-Mozilla browser Comments: Dear friends, I am very occupied on several forum-sites where I post background- music within my artistical postings such as in the following example : <BGSOUND SRC="http://elvin.myphotos.cc/otherfiles/talliscanon.mid"> In the internet explorer, this script is working in a perfect way, but in the firefox mozilla-browser, neither in the netscape-browser it works. That is also the reason that I avoid these other browsers although...

Mozilla Firefox Browser
Name: Ahtesham Email: ehteshamdotpkatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Mozilla Firefox Browser Comments: Dear sir, I am using firefox internet browser, it's the very best and secure. i appreciate it with my heart. but i want to suggest mozilla company that please launch mozilla firefox for S60 like Nokia N70 mobile Phones or other java based mobile Phones.because Opera internet browser is available on the web or market but mozilla is not available.i shall wait your reply. Best of luck Thanks and Regards, Ahtesham Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; ...

Mozilla Firefox Browser
I attempted to test the web parts control yesterday and feel like Mozilla FireFox is not supporting it. :) I tried to drag one of the Web Part Zone and nothing happens.  I test it on IE and it works. really want to know if there should be a component, addins, etc. to be added to my firefox browser as it is my preffered browser. Is there any "simple tricks" in this? Thanks!-CLIPER ------------------------------------------------Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own commo...

Is Firefox the browser in Mozilla?
-- Raymond Kennington Programming Solutions TeamW2W (InfoPower) Raymond Kennington wrote: > Is Firefox the browser in Mozilla? Firefox and Mozilla are /almost/ completely the same in terms of page display and networking code. They are two separate browsers, though, and and have different UIs and some different features. In? If I understand you correctly, No. The Mozilla Suite (Also called Seamonkey) uses Gecko to display web pages. FireFox also uses Gecko to display web pages. It's just the interface that's different. ...

Mozilla Firefox Browser
Name: H. Baker, Jr Email: baker_h_at_bellsouth.net Product: Other (please state) Summary: Mozilla Firefox Browser Comments: I have not been able to get the adobe free reader to work within Mozilla browser; not even when I use the browser to go adobe's website and follow the directions there for the reader download. Can anyone help me? H. Baker P.S. I can use the old Microsoft browser, but am trying to get away form monopoly. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.6) Gecko/20060728 Firefox/1.5.0.6 ...

Suggestion for Mozilla Firebird or Mozilla Browser
Hi I'm not sure if this could be done, but I was hoping you might be able to incorporate a plugin for FB or Mozilla Browser to include antivirus software in the toolbar section. I think it is a plug-in and I'm not sure if it's in the setup of Norton Antivirus or within Internet Explorer itself. I know that IE has Norton Antivirus as a toolbar on their browser. Can the same be done with Mozilla? Beryle Manz Beryle Manz wrote: > Hi > > I'm not sure if this could be done, but I was hoping you might be able > to incorporate a plugin for ...

Firefox,Mozilla Firefox,Firefox download,Mozilla Firefox download
Download Firefox Firefox,Mozilla Firefox,Firefox download,Mozilla Firefox download http://soft.topcities.com/Firefox.htm On 2006-11-28 20:04 (-0700 UTC), idownweb.com wrote: > Download Firefox > > Firefox,Mozilla Firefox,Firefox download,Mozilla Firefox download > > http://soft.topcities.com/Firefox.htm Mebbe it's just me, but isn't this kind of a silly place to spam with something like this? /b. -- 'There is caution, and there is irrational paranoia.' -- Ron Hunter Wow, now thats totally random. On 28 Nov 2006 19:04:38 -0800, ...

Using Firefox or Mozilla Firefox as application name of web browser in Linux
Hi, Linux distributions like Fedora, Ubuntu and Suse use "Firefox" as the application name in their application menus(like this[1]). So, using just "Firefox" instead of "Mozilla Firefox" as the application name, legally valid or is this a legal issue about trademarks? As a Linux distribution (Pardus Linux[2]), we are discussing about this and can not decide what to show our users about the name of the web browser (Firefox or Mozilla Firefox). What is the valid application name to use in menus? Cheers. [1] http://www.linewbie.com/upload/linewbie.com...

Problem in Mozilla Firefox browser
Hi! I have a problem viewing my web layout on Mozilla Firefox, it seems that my layout looks good in IE but when i view it on Mozilla it is all messed up... need your reply and suggestions guys...By the way I'm using layers on my layout not tables, so what is more likely to used in creating a layout tables or layers...  You'll have to post the HTML and the related stylesheet. Only then can anyone help you fix it up.Regards,PrashantDont forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. My suggestion is, try to be more specific on your HTML control&n...

Bookmarks in Mozilla Firefox browser
23/Dec/2005 13:37 RE: Bookmarks in Mozilla Firefox browser keep scrolling... The bookmarks usually go up or down. How can I make the function go only where I want it to? Thank you, Barry Karas ...

MOZILLA FIREFOX BROWSER #4
Name: Mike Burke Email: design_at_signmethods.com Product: Mozilla Suite Summary: MOZILLA FIREFOX BROWSER Comments: I downloaded Mozilla. No problems. I viewed websites for weeks. No problems. One day, I come to work and NONE of the images show in MOZILLA. it shows the placeholder icons with no images. I view WEBSITES in Mozilla, and the SAME problem, no images. What gives. How do I fix it. I went into the CONTROL PANEL of my PC and click DEFAULT on the INTERNET options to make sure all is well. Help. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows ...

Web resources about - Is firefox browser the primary browser of mozilla? - netscape.mozilla.general

Mozilla Labs
Popcorn lets users link social media, news feeds, data visualizations and other content directly to moving images. The result is a new form of ...

Mozilla Tips
Mozilla’s Firefox is one of the most popular browsers in the digital market today. The ongoing commitment of Mozilla to performance, privacy ...

Mozilla — Home of the Mozilla Project — mozilla.org
Mozilla Mission About Projects Get Involved We are Non-profit, for the good of the Web Different by Design Proudly non-profit Innovating for ...

Mozilla Festival - Open web developers, journalists and educators coming together to reinvent media on ...
Here’s a curated selection of #MozFest tweets and media, filtered for links, demos, interviews and documentation created by Mozilla Festival ...

Mozilla Ignite
Design and build apps for the faster, smarter internet of the future . Mozilla and the National Science Foundation invite you to take part in ...

Mozilla Links
Recent Firefox nightlies feature more bits from Australis, the new major theme update. This time, toolbar buttons have gone flat, featuring no ...

Mozilla Popcorn - Making video work like the web
mozilla Home Popcorn.js Popcorn Maker Learn Popcorn Blog What is POPCORN? Popcorn makes video work like the web. We create tools and programs ...

The Mozilla Blog - News, notes and ramblings from the Mozilla project
News, notes and ramblings from the Mozilla project