How to Call Firefox from Thunderbird when Firefox is not Default Browser

I have Time Warner's Roadrunner.  They provide free anti-virus, ad,
firewall, etc programs that do not have Mozilla versions so I use
Outlook and Internet Explorer as my default.

There are a number of things I like to do using Firefox and Thunderbird
- such as reading these newsgroups.  I want Thunderbird to call up
Firefox it I need a browser while using it.  Does anyone know how to do
this without changing system defaults?

I have found that Explorer and Mozilla will get in competition with each
other if I have both products running at the same time and can destroy
my internet connect, disrupt my firewall, etc.  I like to have only the
Microsoft products or the Mozilla products running a one time.

Amy help appreciated.

Cookie
0
Cookie
6/27/2006 8:29:48 PM
netscape.mozilla.general 7061 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 20:29:48 GMT, Cookie Cutter
<CookieCutter@none.com> wrote:

>There are a number of things I like to do using Firefox and Thunderbird
>- such as reading these newsgroups.  I want Thunderbird to call up
>Firefox it I need a browser while using it.  Does anyone know how to do
>this without changing system defaults?

You might be one of us that find OpTool to be useful:

http://www.kreacom.dk/optool/

0
Howard
6/28/2006 2:53:58 PM
Howard Brazee wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 20:29:48 GMT, Cookie Cutter
> <CookieCutter@none.com> wrote:
>
>> There are a number of things I like to do using Firefox and Thunderbird
>> - such as reading these newsgroups.  I want Thunderbird to call up
>> Firefox it I need a browser while using it.  Does anyone know how to do
>> this without changing system defaults?
>
> You might be one of us that find OpTool to be useful:
>
> http://www.kreacom.dk/optool/

Those rumors about not having both running are not likely very true as I
have been routinely running both side-by-side for some time now with no
problems using Win98se & Win2k as the Windows OS's.  I also will have
Star Office 5.2 running at the same time as all others.  Resources get a
bit thin at times on W98 but W2k does not seem to have that problem.

James
0
James
6/28/2006 9:09:36 PM
James wrote:
> Howard Brazee wrote:
>> On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 20:29:48 GMT, Cookie Cutter
>> <CookieCutter@none.com> wrote:
>>
>>> There are a number of things I like to do using Firefox and
>>> Thunderbird - such as reading these newsgroups.  I want Thunderbird
>>> to call up Firefox it I need a browser while using it.  Does anyone
>>> know how to do this without changing system defaults?
>>
>> You might be one of us that find OpTool to be useful:
>>
>> http://www.kreacom.dk/optool/
>>

> Those rumors about not having both running are not likely very true as I
> have been routinely running both side-by-side for some time now with no
> problems using Win98se & Win2k as the Windows OS's.  I also will have
> Star Office 5.2 running at the same time as all others.  Resources get a
> bit thin at times on W98 but W2k does not seem to have that problem.
>
> James

Hi James,

It is not the operating system that is a problem.  It is my firewall
and/or my internet cable connection.  Running Internet Explorer and
Mozila at the same time can cause me to not be able to connect to the
internet.  Usually, shutting down and restarting will fix the problem,
but it has occasionally screwed things up so badly that I had to remove
my firewall and do a fresh download.

Cookie
0
Cookie
6/29/2006 4:58:46 AM
Howard Brazee wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 20:29:48 GMT, Cookie Cutter
> <CookieCutter@none.com> wrote:
>
>> There are a number of things I like to do using Firefox and Thunderbird
>> - such as reading these newsgroups.  I want Thunderbird to call up
>> Firefox it I need a browser while using it.  Does anyone know how to do
>> this without changing system defaults?
>
> You might be one of us that find OpTool to be useful:
>
> http://www.kreacom.dk/optool/

An interesting program.  I downloaded it.  When I click on a link in a
Thunderbird newsgroup message (or email message),  I can quickly get
from Internet Explorer to Firefox without having to cut and paste.

Thanks,

Cookie
0
Cookie

Firefox,Mozilla Firefox,Firefox download,Mozilla Firefox download
Download Firefox Firefox,Mozilla Firefox,Firefox download,Mozilla Firefox download http://soft.topcities.com/Firefox.htm On 2006-11-28 20:04 (-0700 UTC), idownweb.com wrote: > Download Firefox > > Firefox,Mozilla Firefox,Firefox download,Mozilla Firefox download > > http://soft.topcities.com/Firefox.htm Mebbe it's just me, but isn't this kind of a silly place to spam with something like this? /b. -- 'There is caution, and there is irrational paranoia.' -- Ron Hunter Wow, now thats totally random. On 28 Nov 2006 19:04:38 -0800, ...

Firefox or not Firefox

Using Firefox or Mozilla Firefox as application name of web browser in Linux
Hi, Linux distributions like Fedora, Ubuntu and Suse use "Firefox" as the application name in their application menus(like this[1]). So, using just "Firefox" instead of "Mozilla Firefox" as the application name, legally valid or is this a legal issue about trademarks? As a Linux distribution (Pardus Linux[2]), we are discussing about this and can not decide what to show our users about the name of the web browser (Firefox or Mozilla Firefox). What is the valid application name to use in menus? Cheers. [1] http://www.linewbie.com/upload/linewbie.com...

I would like to make firefox my default browser from thunderbird
Name: Rey Sylvester Email: rsylvester_at_cfl.rr.com Product: Thunderbird Summary: I would like to make firefox my default browser from thunderbird Comments: I use both your firefox and thunderbird products. Great products! When I receive an email with a web link, thunderbird wants to open it with Microsoft Internet Explorer. I can't find any way to change this after I removed MIE. I would like to make firefox my default browser from thunderbird. Can you help? I looked at you FAQ and found nothing. Thanks, Rey Sylvester Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win 9x 4...

How to restore IE as default browser after uninstalling the Mozilla Firefox.
Hello,  Mozilla Firefox is causing me headaches. At one point there was Mozila Firefox installed on my PC.  I uninstalled it from Setup->Add Remove Programs. I also removed the directory from ...<user>\Application Data\SomethinngSomething folder with the Firefox personalization info.  (Some site suggested) When I attempt to open in VS2005 the menu "Website->ASP.net Configuration" with my Website project opened, Visual Studio 2005 (professional), however, pops up with an error message stating: "Could not launch "C:\PROGRA~1\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.EXE". File or path n...

Very pleased with Mozilla Firefox and Thunderbird web browser. Thanks.
Name: pekay shenoy Email: pkcameraatoptilinkdotus Product: Firefox Summary: Very pleased with Mozilla Firefox and Thunderbird web browser. Thanks. Comments: Thanks for providing me with this service. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.3 ...

Is firefox browser the primary browser of mozilla?
Is firefox browser the primary browser of mozilla? I read that this will or may already be the primary browser. Does that mean there are going to stop with Mozilla browsers? Also, I would like to know why? Greg Firefox is a stand alone browser based on the Mozilla code with Thunderbird being the stand alone e:mail application. What is usually referred to as Mozilla is not a browser or a e:mail application it is a suite of applications containing browser, e:mail application and page composer. As to weather it is likely to be discontinued I would not think so in the immediat...

Mozilla Firefox 32 bit, Mozilla Firefox 64 bit
Name: Patrick Dreier Email: patrickdotdreieratmymaildotch Product: Firefox Summary: Mozilla Firefox 32 bit, Mozilla Firefox 64 bit Comments: Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren! Könnt Ihr bitte ein Mozilla Firefox für Windows XP Professional 32 bit: Mozilla_Firefox_wxp_x86_Setup_2_0_0_13.exe und einen Mozilla Firefox für Windows XP Professional 64 bit: Mozilla_Firefox_wxp_x64_Setup_2_0_0_13.exe programmieren! Hochachtungsvoll! Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) ...

Firefox 3.0 beta "Firefox is not your default browser" window appears just off screen.
Name: D. Shepherd Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.0 beta "Firefox is not your default browser" window appears just off screen. Comments: Whenever I start up Firefox 3.0 beta, the window that pops up to ask me if I want Firefox to be my default browser (it is not, obviously) appears mostly off screen (in the top left) with just the "yes/no" buttons visible enough for me to click on them. I can't grab the top of the window to move it or anything because it off the desktop. I am running Mac OS 10.4.11. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Inte...

My CUSTOM Mozilla Firefox & Mozilla Thunderbird
http://www.bigview.net/norvin/files/ Since the early release versions, I have made custom versions of both Mozilla Firefox & Mozilla Thunderbird. My CUSTOM version of Mozilla Firefox is meant for users who are making the switch from Microsoft Internet Explorer. My CUSTOM version of Mozilla Thunderbird is meant for users who are making the switch from Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Outlook Express, or another similar e-mail program. It has the Calendar Extension installed and many other enhancements the default release version of Mozilla Thunderbird doesn't have. The ...

我的火狐浏览器启动时“http://zh-cn.www.mozilla.com/zh-CN/firefox/2.0.0.11/firstrun/”总是自动弹出,同时弹出的还有“http://www.google.com/firefox?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:zh-CN:official” 这个问题怎么解决?
Name: 向chunghwa Email: sinoxlatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: 我的火狐浏览器启动时“http://zh-cn.www.mozilla.com/zh-CN/firefox/2.0.0.11/firstrun/”总是自动弹出,同时弹出的还有“http://www.google.com/firefox?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:zh-CN:official” 这个问题怎么解决? Comments: 我的火狐浏览器启动时“http://zh-cn.www.mozilla.com/zh-CN/firefox/2.0.0.11 /firstrun/”总是自动弹出,同时弹出的还有“http://www.google.com /firefox?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:zh-CN:official” 这个问题怎么解决? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; zh-CN; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008052906 Firefox/3.0 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.or...

Add a Settings option for Thunderbird to launch Firefox even if it's NOT the default browser
Name: Jack Beggs Email: jackbeggatcoredotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: Add a Settings option for Thunderbird to launch Firefox even if it's NOT the default browser Comments: I have installed Firefox and Thunderbird to replace Netscape 7.2 Navigator AND Messenger. This creates an issue when you do anything to launch a browser from Thunderbird, such as a link in an email. Thunderbird will only launch the default browser on the machine. The problem is that certain applications (e.g. Windows XP Update, McAfee VirusScan Update, etc.) require that IE is set as the default b...

Cannot get to firefox from thunderbird-cannot get to firefox at all.
Name: Sharon O'Hara Email: familien1_at_wavecable.com Product: Firefox Summary: Cannot get to firefox from thunderbird-cannot get to firefox at all. Comments: Thunderbird freezes up, Windows offers a file an error report and I'm shut down. I got here -now- through IE - why will IE work when Firefox won't? Sharon O'Hara Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322) ...

Calling FireFox from Thunderbird?
Is there some secret config to setup so that I can click on a highlighted URL in an email being read in Thunderbird 0.9 and have it loaded into FireFox for browsing? An interesting side issue: If I open FireFox first, I can then open Thunderbird. If I open Thunderbird first, Firfox won't load. -- Tom Garson Aural Technology, Ashland, Or. www.auraltek.bitbucket.com tgarson@auraltek.bitbucket.com Loose the .bitbucket for non-spammer email reply or browsing. Thomas Garson wrote: > Is there some secret config to setup so that I can click on a > highlighted URL in an...

Web resources about - How to Call Firefox from Thunderbird when Firefox is not Default Browser - netscape.mozilla.general

Mozilla Thunderbird
Mozilla Thunderbird is created by a global non-profit dedicated to putting individuals in control and shaping the future of the web for the public ...

Thunderbirds Are Go - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Thunderbirds Are Go is a 1966 British science-fiction film based on Thunderbirds , a 1960s television series starring marionette puppets and ...

Edit - Thunderbird - CrunchBase Product Profile
TechCrunch CrunchBase More TechCrunch Europe TechCrunch France TechCrunch Japan Register - Login or Advanced Search Home > Products > Thunderbird ...

F-16C Thunderbirds Formation - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
USAF Thunderbirds at the 2008 Battle Creek Air Show

Thunderbirds Are Go - Introducing The World - YouTube
The world of Thunderbirds Are Go, Tracy Island, miniature sets and craft have been lovingly made by none other than WETA Workshop - the model ...

Thunderbirds are go: First pictures of TV remake
The first images of the upcoming TV reboot of the iconic series Thunderbirds have been released, recasting the iconic puppets from the 1960s ...

Thunderbirds creator Gerry Anderson dies aged 83
... puppet TV shows Captain Scarlet, Stingray and Joe 90 died in his sleep, his son announces. Gerry Anderson, best known as the creator of Thunderbirds ...

Firebirds hold nerve to hold out Thunderbirds
It was another close shave but Queensland Firebirds coach Roselee Jencke was happy for her side to take a second straight win.

Thunderbirds are go, puppets are gone
Human Thunderbirds? What does this mean, writes James Cockington. - The Age Online

Southerners steal last-gasp draw against Thunderbirds
Southern Steel stole a 53-53 draw in the chaotic final seconds of their trans-Tasman netball league clash against Adelaide Thunderbirds.