ftp.mozilla.org is very SLOW

I have noticed that for quite some time now ftp.mozilla.org site is VERY
SLOOOOW.  It's not what it used to be.  It takes for ever to connect to
it if I want to download a source tarball or binary.  Are there any
mirrors one can go to of mozilla.org is overloaded?

Thanks.

--

     __    _
    / /   (_)___  __  ___  __

On 2004-02-08, --==[bman]==-- <vze58jgq@verizon.net> wrote:
> I have noticed that for quite some time now ftp.mozilla.org site is VERY
> SLOOOOW.  It's not what it used to be.  It takes for ever to connect to
> it if I want to download a source tarball or binary.  Are there any
> mirrors one can go to of mozilla.org is overloaded?

ftp.mozilla.org itself is composed of a bunch of mirrors.  You might get
better results selecting one of them. If not, there are other mirrors too.

see http://www.mozilla.org/mirrors.html

--
Michael
0

Michael Lefevre wrote:
> On 2004-02-08, --==[bman]==-- <vze58jgq@verizon.net> wrote:
>
>>I have noticed that for quite some time now ftp.mozilla.org site is VERY
>>SLOOOOW.  It's not what it used to be.  It takes for ever to connect to
>>it if I want to download a source tarball or binary.  Are there any
>>mirrors one can go to of mozilla.org is overloaded?
>

> ftp.mozilla.org itself is composed of a bunch of mirrors.  You might get
> better results selecting one of them. If not, there are other mirrors too.
>
> see http://www.mozilla.org/mirrors.html

--

     __    _
    / /   (_)___  __  ___  __
   / /   / / __ \/ / / / |/_/
  / /___/ / / / / /_/ />  <
/_____/_/_/ /_/\__,_/_/|_| is what you make of it.
0
bman

ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/ 550 Permission denied.
Anyone else getting the same? http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/ 64bit linux build (near bottom of page) Linux/x86_64 Linux/x86_64 .tar.bz2 (readme) (MD5 sum) (SHA1 sum) tries to link to: ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/seamonkey/releases/2.33.1/contrib/seamonkey-2.33.1.en-US.linux-x86_64.tar.bz2 but that results in a 550 Permission denied error. Yeah, ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/ doesn't work either. However, I remember reading this newsgroup thread: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/mozilla.general/Jqm5Q1swEnA ... It is after the 5th so ftp.mo...

ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/
ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/ I have used the above ftp in the past. I notice that the Index now shows "addons" and lists numerically the available addons (extensions ?) - Previously they were listed IIRC "extensions". How does one determine WHAT are the contents of the various "directories" eg "ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/addons/17/" = Chromedit...... Any assistance is greatly appreciated.... regards:captjlddavis On 9/28/2007 15:59, captjlddavis wrote: > ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/ > > I have used the above ftp in t...

Problem loading ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/
I got a problem loading above page?? This is the sixth time I have tried and no go, just get the message **problem loading page**. Any ideas why this is happening?? TIA silverfox38 On 06/14/2014 14:43, silverfox38 wrote: > > I got a problem loading above page?? This is the sixth time I have tried > and no go, just get the message **problem loading page**. > > Any ideas why this is happening?? > > TIA > > > silverfox38 Using FF 28.0 On 06/14/2014 02:46 PM, silverfox38 wrote: > On 06/14/2014 14:43, silverfox38 wrote: >> ...

black screen: http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/b2g/nightly/latest-mozilla-central/
I use the b2g-17.0a1.en-US.mac64.dmg<http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/b2g/nightly/latest-mozilla-central/b2g-17.0a1.en-US.mac64.dmg> and get a black screen emulator. thanks. ...

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/ is unavailable
Hi all, http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/latest-mozilla-1.9.1-l10n/ is unavailable for several days. I can't test recent builds :-( Does anybody can access latest-mozilla-1.9.1-l10n? With best regards, Siarhei It seems now, it is local network problem :-/ �� 27.05.2009 12:57, Siarhei �������(��): > Hi all, > > http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/latest-mozilla-1.9.1-l10n/ > is unavailable for several days. > > I can't test recent builds :-( > > Does anybody can access latest-mozilla-1.9.1-l...

ftp.mozilla.org has no Mozilla files
It's coming up claiming to be a server at oregonstate.edu. It lists other things like apache, linux, mysql, etc., but no Mozilla. 'Sup with that? On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 16:36:59 GMT, John A. <no.john@spammers.virginiaquilter.allowed.com> wrote: >It's coming up claiming to be a server at oregonstate.edu. It lists >other things like apache, linux, mysql, etc., but no Mozilla. > >'Sup with that? Tried it again and this time connected to gatech.edu. The files are there. I guess it's just the oregonstate.edu mirror that's missing. JA On 1...

In http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/b2g/tinderbox-builds/larch-win64/latest/
The graphene-41.0a1.en-US.win64.zip Doesn't package with icu dlls --=20 =E6=AD=A4=E8=87=B4 =E7=A4=BC =E7=BD=97=E5=8B=87=E5=88=9A Yours sincerely, Yonggang Luo ...

mozilla-community-brasil@lists.mozilla.org vs community-brasil@lists.mozilla.org
--5p8PegU4iirBW1oA Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8 Content-Disposition: inline Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Eu ainda n=C3=A3o sei porque algumas pessoas manda email para mozilla-community-brasil@lists.mozilla.org quando deveriam enviar email para community-brasil@lists.mozilla.org. O envio de emails para mozilla-community-brasil@lists.mozilla.org e o uso do "responder para todos" faz com que eu e outras pessoas recebam email duplicado pois emails para mozilla-community-brasil@lists.mozilla.org possuem Reply-To: Lista de discuss=C3=A3o...

Can find xpidl in http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/xulrunner/releases/latest/sdk/xulrunner-38.0.5.en-US.mac-x86_64.sdk.tar.bz2
I need xpidl compiler to compile my code but in i cant find it in http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/xulrunner/releases/latest/sdk/xulrunner-38.0.5.en-US.mac-x86_64.sdk.tar.bz2 please help!!! ...

Mozilla 1.7.12 : corrupted packages on ftp.mozilla.org
Hi, On behalf of Hugues. I just noticed that the Mozilla 1.7.12 fr packages were corrupted on http://www.mozilla.org/releases/#1.7.12 You can re-download them here : a9a5d64e48d66d6136dfa455a1de222e http://frenchmozilla.sf.net/FTP/1.7.12/mozilla-1.7.12.fr-FR.linux-i686-gtk1.tar.gz 8c0dbc051dbfe5ce273f6113fcf3b896 http://frenchmozilla.sf.net/FTP/1.7.12/mozilla-1.7.12.fr-FR.linux-i686-gtk2.tar.gz f3e9519c6b53bb938eca677977c7b899 http://frenchmozilla.sf.net/FTP/1.7.12/mozilla-1.7.12.fr-FR.mac.dmg Thanks Regards C�dric Corazza schreef: > Hi, > > On behalf of...

bonsai-l10n.mozilla.org lxr.mozilla.org interlinking wrong
When I'm on http://bonsai-l10n.mozilla.org/cvslog.cgi?file=l10n/mk/toolkit/defines.inc&rev=&root=/l10n and if I click on any of the links that go to lxr.mozilla.org, it goes to a wrong url of: http://lxr.mozilla.org/l10n/source/l10n/mk/toolkit/defines.inc instead of the correct: http://lxr.mozilla.org/l10n/source/mk/toolkit/defines.inc (notice that the wrong url has one /l10n/ more) Also, on http://lxr.mozilla.org/l10n/source/mk/toolkit/defines.inc the links to "Cvs Log" "Cvs blame" etc. go to the incorrect url of: http://bonsai.mozilla.org/cvslog.cg...

bonsai.mozilla.org moving / cvs.mozilla.org outage planned
We're planning to move bonsai.mozilla.org to a new machine today. Among other things, the new machine is a lot faster. During the changeover the Mozilla source code cvs repository will be down for a half hour to an hour. The bonsai.mozilla.org web site should be up continuously, and that change will be transparent when the DNS change propogates. At this point, we are planning to take cvs.mozilla.org offline at approximately 8:00pm PDT tonight (Tuesday, September 23) to facilitate moving the bonsai databases to the new server without losing any check-in data. -- Dave Mille...

localize.mozilla.org: Firefox Cup still a project in localize.mozilla.org
As far as I know, the football championship 2010 has ended on 11/07. If somebody missed it, Spain is the champion, beating Netherlands 1:0 a.e.t. Would it not make sense to retire it? Or to cloak it some way? TiA smo PS: SL version was 100% by the time it was needed. the contents have grown since to hard-to-understand 38206 words ("that need your attention", status 0% completed), As far as I can see, changes involve Add-ons and thats where they belong. Thanks, Vito. We are investigating it and will report back with a fix soon. smo wrote: > As far as I k...

mozilla.org vs mozilla.com
I did a google search for thunderbird and had mozilla.com coming first in the search results and so I went there and downloaded it. But then I thought wasn't it supposed to be mozilla.org. So I went to mozilla.org also and download a version of thunderbird from there too. Now the two copies of thunderbird for windows setup programs were marked as of the same version (1.5.0.7), but the sizes are different. I wonder what's wrong. If mozilla.com and mozilla.org are both legitimate sites, why did they have to confuse us like this? "emrefan" <dksleung@hotmail.com>...

Web resources about - ftp.mozilla.org is very SLOW - netscape.mozilla.general

Mozilla Labs
Popcorn lets users link social media, news feeds, data visualizations and other content directly to moving images. The result is a new form of ...

Mozilla Tips
Mozilla’s Firefox is one of the most popular browsers in the digital market today. The ongoing commitment of Mozilla to performance, privacy ...

Mozilla — Home of the Mozilla Project — mozilla.org
Mozilla Mission About Projects Get Involved We are Non-profit, for the good of the Web Different by Design Proudly non-profit Innovating for ...

Mozilla Festival - Open web developers, journalists and educators coming together to reinvent media on ...
Here’s a curated selection of #MozFest tweets and media, filtered for links, demos, interviews and documentation created by Mozilla Festival ...

Mozilla Ignite
Design and build apps for the faster, smarter internet of the future . Mozilla and the National Science Foundation invite you to take part in ...

Mozilla Links
Recent Firefox nightlies feature more bits from Australis, the new major theme update. This time, toolbar buttons have gone flat, featuring no ...

Mozilla Popcorn - Making video work like the web
mozilla Home Popcorn.js Popcorn Maker Learn Popcorn Blog What is POPCORN? Popcorn makes video work like the web. We create tools and programs ...

The Mozilla Blog - News, notes and ramblings from the Mozilla project
News, notes and ramblings from the Mozilla project