Firefox 0.9.2 connection problem (Firefox newbie)

1.  With Firefox installed, the ability to change "Default" dial up or
network connections seems to be lost.  (Settings | Network Connections |
(select one & right-click) | Set as default connection) is greyed out.  This
means that there is no way of changing the Default Dial-Up connection.
(MSIE Options can go through the motions of changing default connection, but
it doesn't "stick").

2. IE/OE dial up uses the Dial Up Connection dialogue;  with this, the
desired connection can be readily selected, Firefox, OTOH uses the
(unchangeable) default Network Connection.

Uninstall Firefox and everything reverts to normal.

WinXP Prof; description refers to off-line of course, logged on as either
user or administrator the same.  The selectable connection is important
because we have a selection of ISP dialup numbers.

Any ideas????

Pemo

--
 ,-._|\
 /  Oz  \   Melbourne

Pemo
7/12/2004 11:29:47 AM
netscape.mozilla.general 7061 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.6 repair Bugfixes to Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.7
Name: Patrick Dreier Email: patrick2406atsmsdotat Product: Firefox Summary: Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.6 repair Bugfixes to Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.7 Comments: Hello! Please interplementate the employment to the menü contents block Popup Windows ativate Java Script, aktivate Java, aktivate Active X tax element, aktivate Active X Scripting, standard write___________ write grow, expand, color, Please Make a Optionfield 1) download 2) automatic Installation. Please completyment to the menü security a to secifice your antivirus application. Please make a menü PlugIns ...

Graphic-rendering problems firefox verion 2.0 (Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; nb-NO; rv:1.8.1) Gecko/20061010 Firefox/2.0)
Name: Marcus Edvardsen Email: marcus.edvardsen_at_gmail.com Product: Firefox Summary: Graphic-rendering problems firefox verion 2.0 (Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; nb-NO; rv:1.8.1) Gecko/20061010 Firefox/2.0) Comments: It is very hard to explain the problem with words...But you could send an e-mail to me and I will send you a dump of the screen back to you. It seems like it is a problem loading graphics correctly, when loading the startpage...my startpage is www.google.com/ig Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; nb-NO; rv:1.8.1) G...

No Internet Connection on Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.9
Hi All, Since yesterday i have been having problems with my internet connection using Mozilla. First i thought it was my Router, or some firewall setting. But, today i decided to install IE from windows components and IE is surfing the web well. I'm not sure if this caused the problem, but when i started my machine yesterday i got a message from kaspersky anti-malware saying that svchost.exe has been change and it gave me the option of granting access to the notwork. I opened the taskmgr.exe and i saw many of those(svchost.exe) running, I know, Without doing any research i t...

Firefox 1.5.0.9, Firefox 2.0.0.1 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 Security & Stability Updates
As part of Mozilla Corporation�s ongoing stability and security update process, Firefox 1.5.0.9, Firefox 2.0.0.1 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 are now available for Windows, Mac, and Linux for free download from getfirefox.com (http://www.getfirefox.com) & getthunderbird.com (http://www.getthunderbird.com). We strongly recommend that all Firefox users upgrade to this latest release. This update is available immediately in 41 languages including Spanish, Japanese, Arabic, Hungarian and more. Note: Firefox 1.5.0.x will be maintained with security and stability updates until Apr...

Firefox 1.5.0.9, Firefox 2.0.0.1 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 Security & Stability Updates
As part of Mozilla Corporation�s ongoing stability and security update process, Firefox 1.5.0.9, Firefox 2.0.0.1 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 are now available for Windows, Mac, and Linux for free download from getfirefox.com (http://www.getfirefox.com) & getthunderbird.com (http://www.getthunderbird.com). We strongly recommend that all Firefox users upgrade to this latest release. This update is available immediately in 41 languages including Spanish, Japanese, Arabic, Hungarian and more. Note: Firefox 1.5.0.x will be maintained with security and stability updates until April 24, 2007. All users are strongly encouraged to upgrade to Firefox 2 (http://www.getfirefox.com). Firefox 1.5.0.9 is available for download from http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/all-older.html. If you already have Firefox 1.5.0.x, Firefox 2.0.0.x or Thunderbird 1.5.0.x, you will receive an automated update notification within 24 to 48 hours. This update can also be applied manually by selecting �Check for Updates�� from the Help menu. For more information, please see: Firefox 1.5.0.9 Release Notes (http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/releases/1.5.0.9.html), Firefox 2.0.0.1 Release Notes (http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/2.0.0.1/releasenotes/) and Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 Release Notes (http://www.mozilla.com/thunderbird/releases/1.5.0.9.html). -- Basil Hashem basil@mozilla.com ...

Problem building firefox 2.0.0.9 on Solaris 9
I'm trying to build firefox for the first time on Solaris 9. *** OS and Compiler*** SunOS arcade 5.9 Generic_122300-13 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V490 Solaris GCC 3.4.6 *** Firefox version and dependencies *** firefox-2.0.0.11 gtk+-2.12.9 glib-2.16.1 atk-1.9.1 cairo-1.2.6 pango-1.18.4 libIDL-0.8.5 *** Firefox .mozconfig *** mk_add_options MOZ_OBJDIR=/home/rmadsen/stacks/sparc-sunos-solaris-9/ firefox-2.0.0.9/obj-dir ac_add_options --prefix=/home/rmadsen/stacks/install/sparc-sunos- solaris-9 ac_add_options --enable-application=browser ac_add_options --enable-defaul...

我的火狐浏览器启动时“http://zh-cn.www.mozilla.com/zh-CN/firefox/2.0.0.11/firstrun/”总是自动弹出,同时弹出的还有“http://www.google.com/firefox?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:zh-CN:official” 这个问题怎么解决?
Name: 向chunghwa Email: sinoxlatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: 我的火狐浏览器启动时“http://zh-cn.www.mozilla.com/zh-CN/firefox/2.0.0.11/firstrun/”总是自动弹出,同时弹出的还有“http://www.google.com/firefox?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:zh-CN:official” 这个问题怎么解决? Comments: 我的火狐浏览器启动时“http://zh-cn.www.mozilla.com/zh-CN/firefox/2.0.0.11 /firstrun/”总是自动弹出,同时弹出的还有“http://www.google.com /firefox?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:zh-CN:official” 这个问题怎么解决? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; zh-CN; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008052906 Firefox/3.0 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.or...

Mozilla 1.7/1.8a2, Thunderbird 0.6/0.7, Firefox 0.9 and Impos/2 2.1
All recent builds (Mozilla 1.7/1.8a2, Thunderbird 0.6/0.7, Firefox 0.9) crash Impos/2 2.1 as soon they are started, or the other way round (Impos/2 started afterwards) 06-22-2004 22:38:55 SYS3175 PID 002d TID 0001 Slot 006e D:\IMPOS21\IMPOS.EXE c0000005 00069d94 P1=00000001 P2=0000000d P3=XXXXXXXX P4=XXXXXXXX EAX=00000001 EBX=1c865dec ECX=1c86866c EDX=00000004 ESI=1c865dec EDI=1c87ef80 DS=0053 DSACC=d0f3 DSLIM=7fffffff ES=0053 ESACC=d0f3 ESLIM=7fffffff FS=150b FSACC=00f3 FSLIM=00000030 GS=2b43 GSACC=10f3 GSLIM=00003fff CS:EIP=005b:00069d94 CSACC=d0df CSL...

Firefox 2.0.0.2 & 2.0.0.3 niggly problem
I just upgraded both my desktop and my laptop to FF v2.0.0.2 a couple days ago. Both began doing the same annoying thing. When I click a URL shortcut on my desktop or a link in my newsreader, an error box pops up saying "File http://blahblahblah or one of its components not found. Make sure the path and filename are correct." Then FF goes ahead and loads the page. This doesn't happen if FF is already running. If it's not running, it happens every time. I just downloaded 2.0.0.3. Same story. Any clues? -- Dale Beckett Dale Beckett wrote:...

firefox 2.0.0.1 and 2.0.0.2 download window problem
I am having a problem with the download options in the browser. Hope I can explain this correctly so it makes sense. I went to "options" "download" and tried changing it there for various settings with no change. Problem just started with 2.0.01 and unfortunately the browser updated to 2.0.0.2 before I could stop it but problems still there. My other computer works fine with both versions so I think something got corrupted but don't know what or how to fix it. I don't want to uninstall FF and reinstall it and lose all my bookmarks. Is there a r...

Firefox2.0.0.2,Mozilla Firefox,Firefox download.
Firefox2.0.0.2,Mozilla Firefox,Firefox download http://www.caiyilin.info/firefox2.htm The innovative Firefox browser makes surfing the web faster and safer. With the included Google Toolbar, features like AutoFill and SpellCheck will make browsing more convenient. Together, they'll change the way you use the Internet - for free. Join the millions of people worldwide enjoying a better Web experience. Download Mozilla Firefox now and get the most of the web! A Better Web Experience ! Advantages of Firefox over Internet Explorer Tabbed Browsing Save time by viewing mor...

Swedish Firefox 0.9, 0.9.1, 0.9.2
Hi, PLEASE NOTE: The Swedish l10n page has moved to http://www.mozilla.se/ This has been previously posted on this list and to mlp-staff, with no reply or update of the mlp status pages. Thus, i repeat: Please update your links! The Swedish (sv-SE) l10n group has releasted language packs and localized builds for Windows and Linux of the Firefox 0.9 versions. Due to the security issues, Windows version prior to 0.9.2 have been removed. These language packs are considered stable and tested. Firefox 0.9.2 pack: http://www.mozilla.se/paket/firefox-0.9.2-svSE.xpi Firefox 0....

Firefox2.0.0.2,Mozilla Firefox,Firefox download,firefox2
Firefox2.0.0.2,Mozilla Firefox,Firefox download http://www.caiyilin.info/firefox2.htm The innovative Firefox browser makes surfing the web faster and safer. With the included Google Toolbar, features like AutoFill and SpellCheck will make browsing more convenient. Together, they'll change the way you use the Internet - for free. Join the millions of people worldwide enjoying a better Web experience. Download Mozilla Firefox now and get the most of the web! A Better Web Experience ! Advantages of Firefox over Internet Explorer Tabbed Browsing Save time by viewing mor...

Firefox 0.9.2, Thunderbird 0.7.2, Mozilla 1.7.1 Coming Soon
Firefox 0.9.2, Thunderbird 0.7.2, Mozilla 1.7.1 Coming Soon http://www.mozillazine.org/talkback.html?article=4960 Branches have been created for three of mozilla.org's latest releases, in order to fix an external windows protocol handler bug. The fix involves disabling the shell: protocol handler, which was found to enable pages to run executables on Windows via a link. Builds should officially be available shortly, and there will also be an XPI offered to disable the pref. Alternatively, you can set the pref "network.protocol-handler.external.shell" in about:conf...

Problem with Firefox 2.0.0.9 and Mac OS X Leopard (and the new spaces feature of it) #2
Name: Juhani Kataila Email: juhaniatkatailadotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Problem with Firefox 2.0.0.9 and Mac OS X Leopard (and the new spaces feature of it) Comments: I have two spaces in my Leopard, one in which I keep my firefox and thunderbird amongst other application. In the other one I have a terminal, MSN messenger etc. When I am browsing some sites with Firefox and then switch back to my terminal window (in space #2) with ALT-TAB combination, write something in the terminal and then come back to Firefox (in space #1) with ALT-TAB, the Firefox window isn't a...

XP SP2 DDE problems with Firefox anyone? (v.2.0.0.2 and 2.0.0.3)
I had a strange issue crop up the other day, shortly after (but not immediately after) I had upgraded Firefox to v2.0.0.3. Every time I launched a shortcut, or typed a URL from the "run..." line, I got an error message: :"Windows cannot find '[full url here]'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, :and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then :click Search." [Dialogue button: OK] The site would launch normally, but the annoying dialogue would always pop up. If the browser was open already, there was no error message. ...

in Firefox 2.0.0.6 Firefox 2.0.0.3 is still downloading under Help
Name: Marika Email: controlatrocketpropdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: in Firefox 2.0.0.6 Firefox 2.0.0.3 is still downloading under Help Comments: Circle spinning next to Downloading Firefox 2.0.0.3 but Firefox 2.0.0.6 has been downloaded and installed. MacBook (Intel)Boot Camp installation WinXP Pro SP2 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070725 Firefox/2.0.0.6 ...

Problems loading with Firefox 2.0.0.9
Name: K. Gilligan Email: kgilliganatpoldotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Problems loading with Firefox 2.0.0.9 Comments: I just tried to reload the new Firefox, and it appeared to work. But the version listed in About Mozilla Firefox is still 2.0.0.7. So the up-date program is working. Either the new program is not installing, or its number is not up-dating. Thank you. Ken Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.8.1.7) Gecko/20070914 Firefox/2.0.0.7 ...

Problem with Firefox version 2.0.0.9
Hi All, I had a strange problem when using HTTPS 1.1 with Firefox 2.0.0.9. I am trying to browse a local web server using HTTPS1.1 every now and then when i submit some information on the page the HTTPS server is not sending the end of header string (generally CRLF and CRLF). Dur to which the next page doesn't get displayed. Has any one seen this problem. Your input would be helpful Thanks Raghuveer ...

Firefox 2.0.0.1 connection problem
Hi. Till 2 hours ago i had firefox 2 installed on my laptop, and i was enjoying it. then the auto update installed 2.0.0.1, and since that second, firefox connected to the internet no more! right now i'm using exploler, which works just fine (every other program that uses the internet works just fine), and i tried everything suggested on the forums (including disabling the firewall, enabling IPV6, and restarting my computer). Suggestions anybody? Leo scoti5 a b=E3gat versurile:: > Hi. >=20 > Till 2 hours ago i had firefox 2 installed on my laptop, and i was > enjoying it. > then the auto update installed 2.0.0.1, and since that second, firefox > connected to the internet no more! >=20 > right now i'm using exploler, which works just fine (every other > program that uses the internet works just fine), and i tried everything= > suggested on the forums (including disabling the firewall, enabling > IPV6, and restarting my computer). >=20 > Suggestions anybody? >=20 > Leo >=20 Safe mode, new profile, clear cache? scoti5 wrote: > Hi. > > Till 2 hours ago i had firefox 2 installed on my laptop, and i was > enjoying it. then the auto update installed 2.0.0.1, and since that > second, firefox connected to the internet no more! > > right now i'm using exploler, which works just fine (every other > program that uses the internet works just fine), and...

Firefox 1.5.0.9 and 2.0.0.1 McAfee Firewall Problem
I just upgraded to Firefox 1.5.0.9 on one winXP system and 2.0.0.1 on a 2nd system. Both result in McAfee Firewall to display the following message several times, every time firefox accesses a web page. "This application has changed from when you were originally prompted for it. This could be the result of an upgrade in the application, or it could be a malicious application trying to gain network access." Clicking "OK" allows firefox to continue, but McAfee does not "learn", and subsequent web-page accesses produces the above error again. Is ther...

Firefox 2.0.0.3
hi; my site is http://www.nedir.net. it's frame based. any user login to this site and server create a session. user click any subject from left frame and show content to main frame, session ok! but users when jump to other page (1-2-3 .. ) at content page, session cannot load. this problem for only some firefox users, not ie, opera etc.. math wrote: > hi; > my site is http://www.nedir.net. it's frame based. any user login to > this site and server create a session. user click any subject from > left frame and show content to main frame, session ok! but users w...

Firefox/Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 and Firefox 2.0.0.1 release tomorrow (Tuesday 12/19)
We are on track for releasing Firefox/Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 and Firefox 2.0.0.1 tomorrow. The plan is: 1. Push the bits out to the mirrors Monday night 2. Make mozilla.com website changes and downloads live at 10am Tuesday morning 3. Updates will go live between 4 - 5pm Tuesday evening QA will be doing their live spot checks and update testing during that time... and hopefully everyone will start getting their updates as early Christmas presents by tomorrow night. - Jay Jay Patel wrote: > We are on track for releasing Firefox/Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 and Firefox ...

Firefox 2.0, problems 2.0
The FF forums are running slooooooooooooooooowly, so since life is short, any assistance appreciated with 2 problems running FF 2.0 under W98SE: 1. Can I import my previous FF 1.5.7 cookies into my new 2.0 profile? I've tried overwriting the cookies.txt file with FF closed and open and it's overwritten to empty each time; FF File/Import only offers to import IE cookies, and even that failed. Can it be done? 2. I am unable to view the Bookmarks Toolbar correctly -- it's there but blank. Worse, I cannot grab-n-drag any loaded URLs to the Toolbar to create a new item -- I'm getting the No Way slash. No system options AFAICT are set to block this, any clues? Merci' JLJ JLJ writes: > The FF forums are running slooooooooooooooooowly, so since life is short, > any assistance appreciated with 2 problems running FF 2.0 under W98SE: > > 1. Can I import my previous FF 1.5.7 cookies into my new 2.0 profile? I've > tried overwriting the cookies.txt file with FF closed and open and it's > overwritten to empty each time; FF File/Import only offers to import IE > cookies, and even that failed. Can it be done? You should be able to copy "cookies.txt" and "hostperm.1" from the old profile folder to the new and have it work. You need both files, though. > 2. I am unable to view the Bookmarks Toolbar correctly -- it's there but > blank. Worse, I cannot grab-n-drag any loaded U...

Web resources about - Firefox 0.9.2 connection problem (Firefox newbie) - netscape.mozilla.general

2 men charged in connection of Girl Scout money theft
The suspects have been charged with robbery, safecracking and theft.

French (Canadian) connection helps Coyotes snap 7-game skid
The Arizona Coyotes defeat the Florida Panthers 5-1 Saturday behind a dominate performance by the team's French-Canadian players.

Quantum Break requires Internet connection for streaming cut scenes on PC
Single-player game puts videos in cloud to save disc and hard drive space. The idea of requiring an Internet connection for single-player gaming ...

#BlogHer16 Connections Via Old School Twitter Lists? Yes!
... Sure, let's go with that!). We love hanging out on that next level, so our team is always looking for ways to facilitate those connections. ...

84 indicted in connection with NYC, New England drug-gun ring
Bronx DA says four gangs formed "an alliance of evil" to peddle cocaine and heroin in New Hampshire and Massachusetts

26-year-old man arrested in connection with Iditarod crashes
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — A man suspected of intentionally driving a snowmobile into teams of two mushers near the front of the Iditarod Trail ...

Aruba's new products improve wireless connections
Aruba announced networking software and hardware today that include a new wireless access point that can support Skype for Business and Wi-Fi ...