Use of Categories | General "Real" World Uses

I've been using the Firebird extension of the Mozilla Calendar and I
like it better than my use of Outlook 2000 in terms of layout and open
standard file format. Much thanks to the people who keep this project
moving forward.

I read somewhere in bugzilla (on the topic of Categories) that the first
priority was to get Category functionality working, and then MAYBE think
about implementing the ability to assign multiple categories to a single
task/appointment/et cetera (whatever the proper nomenclature is for
dated items input by the user and acted upon as an "object" ...)

What is the current thinking on the ability to use multiple categories
on a single item? Is there a development roadmap for Sunbird? If so, is
this functionality on the roadmap? If it is on the map, can anyone guess
at a likely time frame, whether in weeks, months or years?

Personally, I'd like to see something similar to the "virtual" folders
thing I saw in this Apple application a friend showed me - I think it
was iCal, but might have been the mail program or the address book.

I found the ability to assign multiple categories to items VERY useful
in Outlook. And using the KeySuite app for the Palm OS, this has worked
extremely well on my PDA also.

As I figure out how to use Mozilla with my Palm OS device, multiple
categories will become almost a necessity. At a great inconvenience to
myself, I have refused to load Microsoft Office on my laptop. I am
solely relying on Thunderbird, Firebird, Sunbird and Open Office. I do
not want to install Outlook, but I'm about to get busy with my clients
and will need some HEAVY duty flexibility (and ease of use) from my
Time-Client management programs.

Hate to be so "me" centered, my thinking here is that if enough people
share how they are using Sunbird in a "real" world environment, it might
help. Dunno. Hope so.

Thom
--
remove the 9's from my email address when replying.
0

"public.mozilla" or "mozilla.support" -which one to use?
Can someone please tell me what the following newsgroups are used for and what distinguishes them? netscape.public.mozilla.seamonkey and mozilla.support.seamonkey Thanks On 3/2/2006 12:30 PM Arild P. wrote: > Can someone please tell me what the following newsgroups are used for > and what distinguishes them? > > netscape.public.mozilla.seamonkey This is the old, "supposed to be out-of-use" newsgroup. Propagated to usenet. > mozilla.support.seamonkey This is the new one available via news.mozilla.org (or google). You should use this one. ...

RFC: interactions between "use bytes", "use locale", and "use feature 'unicode_strings'
I am waiting for blead to reopen before I submit a patch for extending feature unicode_strings to matching \s, and \w. In documenting it, it occurred to me that the existing implementation is wrong, along with the existing interaction between use bytes and use locale. To refresh your memory, "use feature 'unicode_strings'" is supposed to mean that even non-utf8 data is to be considered to have Unicode semantics. In practice, this only affects the characters from 128-255. It is new in 5.12, and is implemented there only on functions that change case, such a...

Using "+" or "||"

"Using" or "With"

Replacing "use base" with "use parent"
--bcaec554da9c7514d304ca32ffa3 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, From the base.pm documentation<http://perldoc.perl.org/base.html#DESCRIPTIO= N>: Unless you are using the fields pragma, consider this module discouraged in favor of the lighter-weight parent . From the parent.pm documentation<http://perldoc.perl.org/parent.html#HISTOR= Y> : This module was forked from base to remove the cruft that had accumulated in it. parent.pm is a 30 lines pure Perl dual module available also in core since 5.10...

RE: Using "do" versus "use" for subroutine
Edward Wijaya wrote: > Hi, > > I would like to know which of this > is better and what is the pro and cons: > > 1. A file "mysub.pl" which stored > a subroutine, and later called by > main file using: do "mysub.pl" > > or > > 2. A file "mysub.pm" and called > in main file using : use "mysub.pm" The second construct is not valid; the argument to "use" must be a bareword. It's not really possible to answer your question without knowing more details. I'm not clear about what&#...

Using "using"
In C#, when instantiating objects, it seems like there are two choices; 1) fully specify the hierarchy (i.e. System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection) or 2) placing a using statement (i.e using System.Data.SqlClient;) so you can using the more direct reference (in this case "SqlConnection"). What are the factors involved with deciding to use a using statement versus fully referencing everything in the code? using is just a shortcut so that you don't have to write the entire namespace out for each instantiation.  The drawback is that someone reading your code may not immediat...

how to use "Match" the special char "\" as using filter
Thx JJ \\ "JJ" <jasonyklau@sinaman.com> wrote in message news:404bd593$1@forums-2-dub... > Thx > JJ > > ...

Using group to give "edit components" rights and "use for bugs"
I have a product, and I want to give the rights to adminster that product (edit components and so on) to another person. According to the documentation (3.4.4, 3.15), using a group seems to be the proper way to do this, so I created a group for the purpose. Now, the documentation says (section 3.4.4) that "After selecting the "Edit Group Access Controls" link from the "Edit Product" page, a table containing all user-defined groups for this Bugzilla installation is displayed.". So, I did select "Edit Group Access Controls" for the product, and...

What systems using "\r\n" and what systems using "\n" etc ?
------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C353EC.615A7010 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="big5" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is that any module can help to detect what is the right new line = declaration for the=20 current system ? Somwhat if the system is detected be Windows, the = newline declaration is "\n", for *nix, is "\r\n" , for Mac and etc. Thanks in advise ------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C353EC.615A7010-- In article <002e01c353a9$54133830$3210a8c0@ORG>, LI NGOK LAM wrote: > ------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C353EC.615A7010 &...

Use "Hello World Using Client Script" in UserControl

monowall "To use or not to use?"
Hi I've been testing monowall (http://m0n0.ch/wall/) for a couple of days now and it seem to be working very good. Is there any others out there who has any other experience of this software firewall. Thanks / Birger, Sweden ...

Accessing Certificate "Issuer" and "Issued to" in mozilla using JS
Hi, How can i access the "Issuer" and "Issued to" of the selected digital certificate in JavaScript in firefox? For Internet Explorer, CAPICOM provides API to do this but for firefox i'm not able to. I've tried using window.crypto. Example Java Script code: try { result = window.crypto.signText("Something to sign","ask"); if(result == 'error:userCancel' || result == 'error:internalError' || result == 'error:noMatchingCert'){ // alert(" Result="+result+". Staying back. "); ...

What to use instead of "cin" and "cout" which VCL doesn't use
I want to ask the user their name which I will then put on a label. There may be a better way but in the meantime I have used a TextOut message to Ask for their name and then put a memo box at the end of the sentence, which I find they can type into, I think. Question is How can I get or where to I find what they typed so I can put it in my label storage. I notice that there is a "Lines" property for Memo that say TString and if you click on it you get a code editor. I have been reading for days but I can figure out where to go from here. Any help would be greatly apprecia...

Web resources about - Use of Categories | General "Real" World Uses - netscape.mozilla.calendar