Web Developer extension

With my recent upgrade to FF16 (or maybe it happened with FF15), I
discovered that the Web Developer extension no longer includes
"Outline current element". This was a great disappointment to me,
because I found it the most useful tool in there. It helped me
pinpoint all kinds of errors in my HTML, just by seeing that the
border didn't go where I expected it to go.

Does anybody know *why* this feature was dropped? Was it incredibly
complex and unmaintainable under the covers? Is there something similar
native to FF that made it a useless feature for an extension?

Enquiring minds want to know!

--
Michael F. Stemper
#include <Standard_Disclaimer>

Michael Stemper wrote:

>Does anybody know *why* this feature was dropped?

It works by drawing directly on the window. Unfortunately this doesn't
work if you are using graphics acceleration, since that draws windows in
an incompatible way.

--
Warning: May contain traces of nuts.
0
In article <f5idnXcrS70iYirNnZ2dnUVZ_qmdnZ2d@mozilla.org>, Neil <neil@parkwaycc.co.uk> writes:
>Michael Stemper wrote:

[outline current element]
>>Does anybody know *why* this feature was dropped?
>>
>It works by drawing directly on the window. Unfortunately this doesn't
>work if you are using graphics acceleration, since that draws windows in
>an incompatible way.

That's a pity. I found it incredibly valuable.

Thanks for the info.

--
Michael F. Stemper
#include <Standard_Disclaimer>
If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made from meat?
0
mstemper