Thanks.
0
jeff
4/8/2012 7:15:23 PM
netscape.mozilla.browser 4970 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On 2012-04-08, Jeffery Small <jeff@cjsa.com> wrote:
> In Firefox 11 (and maybe recent earlier versions) I notice that I cannot
> directly type or paste into text fields any longer.  First you need to click
> on the field to activate it and then you can type/paste.
>
> Can anyone explain how this can be changed back to the old behavior where
> the field is active when hovering on it?  I'm guessing that there is a
> config option, but I'm not sure what it is.
>
> Thanks.

If you put 'about:config' (without the quotation marks) in the
address bar, it will show you a _TON_ of configuration options.
If you type something into the Filter box, it will show you the
options whose names include what you type in the box.  For
'focus', I see a bunch of options, the first and last of which
might be similar.  Be cautious about what you do there and
remember what you change in case you need to change it back.

The behavior you refer to might be OS-dependent.  As an example,
on Linux, Edit->Preferences gets you to the Preferences panel.
On Windows, Tools->Options takes you there.  For future
questions, it might help to specify the OS you're using.

My suspicion, and it's just a suspicion, is that the developers
(or maybe marketing) has decided for you what the behavior will
be.  Focus-on-pointer is more consistent with X (Unix and Linux),
while focus-on-click is more consistent with Doze.
Unfortunately, in some areas, Firefox seems to be moving browser
behavior to be more consistent with Doze.

HTH

--
Robert Riches
spamtrap42@jacob21819.net

Thanks for the great response.  You are absolutely correct that I
should have indicated the OS.  It is Solaris 10 on a Sparc machine,
running Firefox 11.

I had tried to look in about:config before posting, but stupidly did
not think to filter on the word "focus".  The two options you mention:

accessibility,mouse_focused_formcontrol    false
ui.key.menuAxxessKeyFocuses                      false

do both seem like likely candidates.  However, changing either or both
to true did not affect the behavior of the browser.

So, does anyone else have any idea of what it takes to get Firefox to
obey focus-on-pointer for all text fields, including the URL bar?

Thanks.
--
Jeffery Small
0

memo field change to text field in aggregate function
I 've got a problem. I want to check wether a salesman is a supervisors. The supervisors table contain duplicate supervisorsID since one person can manage more than 1 area. Here is the SQL: I using "COUNT" to check whether there are records in supervisor table, so "GROUP BY" is required: "SELECT products.productdetail, products.productid,COUNT(supervisors.id) AS boolSupervisor FROM products LEFT JOIN Supervisor ON products.salesmanid = supervisors.id WHERE products.Cat_id=? GROUP BY products.productdetail,products.productid the second is just check the exiti...

text change, why wont you text change!!!!
Hi i've got a huge form with loadsa recordsets that populate text boxes, AND I MEAN LOADS!!!!It involves some calculationsI have text1.text which goes away and changes text2.text which is fine, but in text2.text i have another on text change thingy which it wont call :(any one have any ideas : )also does any one know how i could call a txt change, so it does the call total a. dont know if thats possible as well. Private Sub txtShare_TextChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles txtShare.TextChanged Call Total_A() End SubThank you if any one one could help...

bugzilla assigned to field: Change to drop down list from text field
On a new installation of bugzilla version 3.0.2, the assigned-to field on the 'New bug' form is a text field. Can this be changed to a drop down list? Thanks, sm. ...

text field behavior
What I believe to be a Mac OS standard is missing from FireFox for Mac OS. When editing text in a text field (such as the web address, the search text= , or a text field on a web page) -- the use of the up and down arrow keys s= hould move the cursor to the beginning/end of the text. This is true in many Mac OS programs: Safari, Skype, TextEdit when on the f= irst or last line of a document, or iTunes when editing the name of a play= list, for instance. - Robert The contents of this email may contain confidential and proprietary informa= tion. It is intended f...

(Concerning RTE) Computed Fields and Input Fields
I have a question: In some RTE (Rich Text Editor) Letters, we have some Computed Fields and some Imput Fields. Once the letter is generated, all of the regular text can be modified, but NOT the Computed or Imput Fields. No Settings in each of the properties allow this. Is is Disabled ? Can it be enabled through Scripting ? Any help would be greatly appricated !! TIA BTHOMASinOHIO PLEASE REPLY TO: RemovethisfirstBTHOMAS@gw.odh.state.oh.us ...

ASE text field to ASA text field
Hi I'm having problems populating an ASA text field with data from an ASE text field using CIS(component integration services) from ASE to link up to ASA. After running the SQL statement it appears to put NULLS in the ASA field. All other data types appear to work fine. I know you can use readtext/writetext to read/write text fields properly but it requires a size parameter. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Here is the SQL I'm trying to run; insert asa_invt_prod_note select invt_prod_id,note_type,note,fpi_rep_status_flag,created_date,created_by,up...

Problems building Mozilla browser (CVS Version)
Hi! I've problems to build the mozilla browser in the cygwin environment. My system is Windows XP, so I want to build the Windows version. My mozconfig file contains the following lines: =============================================================== export BUILD_OFFICIAL=1 export MOZILLA_OFFICIAL=1 ac_add_options --disable-shared ac_add_options --disable-optimize --disable-debug mk_add_options MOZ_OBJDIR=/c/mozilla-build/mozilla/builds/obj- @CONFIG_GUESS@ mk_add_options MOZ_BUILD_PROJECTS="browser" mk_add_options MOZ_CO_PROJECT="browser" ac_add_app_o...

RE: ASA text field to ASA text field
Hi Sorry the versions I was using for the problem below were. Using ASE version 11.9.2.5 Using ASA version 6.0.3.3113 I'm trying to push data from ASE text to ASA text, I also had problems pulling an ASE text field from ASA using proxy tables. I'm having problems populating an ASA text field with data from an ASE text field using CIS(component integration services) from ASE to link up to ASA. After running the SQL statement it appears to put NULLS in the ASA field. All other data types appear to work fine. I know you can use readtext/writetext to read/write...

Format text field and field text box in datagrid
I have a column that allows the user to edit the datagrid.  When the Edit link is clicked, only one column is editable...this works.  The problems are that:1) the text box is only 75% of the width of the column2) when i type text into the text field, the size is a lot larger than the text in other non-editable columns3) the height of the text-box is too high.In summar, how can i format the editable field?I have tried doing so, in the Propery Builder>Format and changing the settings in the 'Edit Mode Items', that does not help.  I'm trying to use the XX-Small text size....

change existing custom field type from "free text" to "large text box"
Is this possible / advisable? If so, how is it done? Thanks, in advance. ...

Can I change a treeview's text size depending on what my browser's text size is set to?
I'm using a treeview on a .net 2.0 page and all is working fine with it in Internet Explorer.  However if I go to View -->  Text Size --> Largest on my browser's menu, all the text on my page appears huge apart from the text in the treeview which remains the same size as it always was.  Is there a way to fix this so that this text will also increase in size? Many Thanks. Make sure the font size is not set in the control.  And use css to help moderate your pages look and feel. HTH,Joe JohnstonIf a picture is worth a 1000 words, a sample application ...

Text not appearing when typing the text into text field
Name: Maadhavan Email: madhavan_t_patyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Text not appearing when typing the text into text field Comments: Text not appearing when typing the text into text field or any other field Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.9) Gecko/2009040821 Firefox/3.0.9 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Text Field Change Detect
Hello, I’m looking for an easy way to detect form field changes on postback.  Sounds simple?  For example, if a form has 20 textboxes how can I simply detect which ones have had data changes.  I don’t need to this client side.  Clearly I could load a bunch of hidden fields or maybe use the viewstate somehow but there must be a simple and elegant method for doing this.  I’ve not been able to get the TextChanged event to fire and jusrt keep getting this error message: The event 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox.TextChanged' can only appear on the left hand sid...

Update text field not changing
I have a text field that has a value from a database table when the page loads. I want to update the value in the text field and click submit to update the value. For some reason when I click submit(update) it still holds on to the old page load value and not the changed one. Please help. Thank you. If you are populating this field during page load then did you remember to not populate the field during post backs? Sub Page_Load(ByVal Src As Object, ByVal E As EventArgs) If Not IsPostBack Then 'Read database and set intial value End If End Sub Pandor...

Web resources about - Text field behavior change - netscape.mozilla.browser

Behavior - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Behavior or behaviour (see spelling differences ) is the range of actions and mannerisms made by individuals, organisms , systems , or artificial ...

Behavior Design - behaviordesign.com
Behavior designs interactive systems.

Behavior Gap - Exploring the relationship between people and their money. Behavior Gap
Watch it now. Watch the latest videos by Carl Richards on money, emotion, and meaningful conversations.

Dog Behavior Tips -Dog Owners One Stop Shop and Tips
Come and get some free dog behavior tips. Training your new or older dog can sometimes be somewhat of a task if you are new to doing it. Let ...

Modeled Behavior
It is, more or less, the country’s primary check for determining how well the government is doing — and in fact what the government will be doing. ...

Online Behavior - Marketing Measurement & Optimization
This website is a source of knowledge for website owners and analysts looking to understand how their online customers behave . But that's not ...

BJ Fogg's Behavior Model
... In addition, he devotes at least half his time to industry projects and innovations, all of which focus on using technology to change behaviors ...

Plant Behavior
The Society of Plant Signaling and Behavior serves the community of scientists interested in sensory plant biology, signaling, information processing ...

Southwest flight headed to LAX diverted after 3 passengers display suspicious behavior
... to the Los Angeles International Airport from Indianapolis was diverted to Kansas City Sunday after three passengers displayed suspicious behavior. ...

How Consumer Behaviors Change During the Holidays
... some online retailers started preparations months ago . Around this time of year, it’s important to pay attention to changes in customer behavior, ...