shockwave and flash

Why do I have to continually download the Macromedia plugins for the various
web sites.  I keep having to download them, run the exe. then the web page
displays properly, then the next day on another site, it says 'click here to
download' and I get to the same 668K download from Macromedia.

netscape.mozilla.browser 4970 articles. 0 followers. Follow

f.blair wrote:
> Why do I have to continually download the Macromedia plugins for the various
> web sites.  I keep having to download them, run the exe. then the web page
> displays properly, then the next day on another site, it says 'click here to
> download' and I get to the same 668K download from Macromedia.

Three things:
1)  You will need to restart your browser after you run the Macromedia
installer. You are probably already doing this, but I have to cover the
bases...
2)  Check the installation directory the Macromedia installer is
installing to.  (i.e. does the browser version listed match *exactly*
the version you are running?)
3)  Fully uninstall and reinstall Flash (yes, this is a "windows fix").

My _guess_ is that #2 is tripping you up.

Cheers,
Wanda
0
Wanda

How can I get out of my Mozilla's browser the Winamp browser and get back the Google's or Mozilla's browser.
Please I have got to my browser ( I don't know how.) the Winamp browser he behave like virus stick in.But he doesn't has uninstalation section so I can't do anything to get him away from Mozilla's file. I'm not happy of Winamp's behave its like advertisement against a customer's will. Please is there any way to get him away from Mozilla?Please send me exact direction I have tried many ways but he is deeply inside the systeme so when I install new Mozilla he is always here ready to pester me. Thank you for an answer. Richard ...

Flash Problem on SGI machine with Mozilla Browser
Hello, I am using an SGI O2 machine 6.5 O/S, w/ a Mozilla 1.4 browser, visiting a site that requires a x-shockwave-flash plugin. I am taken to the macromedia page for the plugin but the specific plugin is not available. It lists a Netscape Plugin as compatible which I download and followed the instructions as to the installation as best I could. On completion it did not work, could anyone say why it did not, and what is the solution The files untarred were : ShockwaveFlash.class libflashplayer.so which were placed in /usr/freeware/mozilla/plugins and subsequently in almo...

Flash works, but Shockwave does not (Mozilla 1.5, Win XP)
(I apologise if this gets posted twice; I first tried via my ISP's usenet server but that did not appear to work, so now I'm posting via Google) Using this test page: http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/welcome/ Flash is working, but Shockwave is not. I get the puzzle piece and "Click here to get the plugin" in the Shockwave area. So, I click the puzzle and the "get the plugin" on the popup, and it takes me to where I can download the plugin. I download it, quit Mozilla (and the "quick start" Mozilla icon in the system tray), and run the in...

Mozilla browsers seem to require invalid (X)HTML for embedding Flash
Name: Mike Sadka Email: mdotsadkaatnhmdotacdotuk Product: Firefox Summary: Mozilla browsers seem to require invalid (X)HTML for embedding Flash Comments: Mozilla browsers seem not to be able to understand the OBJECT tag for embedding Flash. Instead, one must use the EMBED tag. However, according to the W3C specifications, EMBED does not exist in either HTML 4 or any version of XHTML. Therefore, if one wants to create pages involving Flash which work in Mozilla-based browsers, it seems one must create invalid mark-up. This seems very strange to me as FireFox and other M...

Is firefox browser the primary browser of mozilla?
Is firefox browser the primary browser of mozilla? I read that this will or may already be the primary browser. Does that mean there are going to stop with Mozilla browsers? Also, I would like to know why? Greg Firefox is a stand alone browser based on the Mozilla code with Thunderbird being the stand alone e:mail application. What is usually referred to as Mozilla is not a browser or a e:mail application it is a suite of applications containing browser, e:mail application and page composer. As to weather it is likely to be discontinued I would not think so in the immediat...

Suggestion for Mozilla Firebird or Mozilla Browser
Hi I'm not sure if this could be done, but I was hoping you might be able to incorporate a plugin for FB or Mozilla Browser to include antivirus software in the toolbar section. I think it is a plug-in and I'm not sure if it's in the setup of Norton Antivirus or within Internet Explorer itself. I know that IE has Norton Antivirus as a toolbar on their browser. Can the same be done with Mozilla? Beryle Manz Beryle Manz wrote: > Hi > > I'm not sure if this could be done, but I was hoping you might be able > to incorporate a plugin for ...

More crashes with Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102 in SeaMonkey v2.0.10 web browser?
Hello. Is it me or does Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102 plugin crash SeaMonkey v2.0.10 more than the previous Flash versions? Thank you in advance. :) -- "For an ant to have wings would be his (her) undoing." --Iranian /\___/\ Phil./Ant @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site) / /\ /\ \ Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net | |o o| | \ _ / If crediting, then use Ant nickname and AQFL URL/link. ( ) If e-mailing, then axe ANT from its address if needed. Ant is currently not listening to any songs on thi...

"nationmaster" shockwave flash Mozilla Firefox 5 Wind98 fails to load (infinite loop)
21Jun04 Windows98 "Flashing" loop when it tries to load the map? which is a "FLASH"?? site: http://www.nationmaster.com/red/graph-T/ene_coa_con&int=20 probable cause: OBJECT classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash2/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0" WIDTH=720 HEIGHT=370 id="World Map" ALIGN="" cheers kelvin (who would love to hit enter and get next line... why does googlegroups editor require a mouse click? (I note flames heaped on g...

Adobe Flash Player & Shockwave Flash
Anyone have latest version download links for Firefox & Internet Explorer? I somehow lost the links... TIA gram gram pappy wrote: > > Anyone have latest version download links for Firefox & Internet Explorer? > I somehow lost the links... TIA Surely. <http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distribution3.html> <http://get.adobe.com/shockwave/otherversions/> Others may have better links. -- Randy <http://msmvps.com/blogs/siljaline/default.aspx> <http://www.linkedin.com/in/randyknobloch> On Wed, 13 Jun 2012 2...

Browser Privacy Mozilla and IE & tips for Mozilla
In more recent Mozilla browsers you can type about:config in the address bar. This will load a very detailed and option filled way to configure Mozilla. Look for a line that says "network.http.sendRefererHeader" it has an integer of 2, which in this setting allows web sites to see the preaveious web site you came from, commenly called a Referer. Yes it's spelled that way, don't ask me why. If you change this 2 to 0 it will not give this information to sites, which I beleave IE and all other browsers commenly used do. Also it is possible to change your user-agent string...

Mozilla SeaMonkey and Mozilla Sunbird on U3 Smart flash drives
Hello, everyone! My name is Valeria Zysman and I type from Buenos Aires. Well, you'll see, there's a mobile platform for USB flash drives called U3 Smart (http://u3.com/), which is designed by SanDisk. U3 Smart flash drives run on Windows 2000 SP4, Windows XP (all versions and service packs) and Windows Vista (all versions and service packs as well). It is similar to PortableApps.com platform but is NOT a PortableApps.com platform. For instance, Mozilla Firefox and Mozilla Thunderbird U3 Smart builds update without the need of reinstall all the whole program itself but the...

Shockwave and Flash
Hi John Here's a place to test both your shockwave and flash installations. Merry Christmas. Henry http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/welcome/ Henry wrote: > Hi John > > Here's a place to test both your shockwave and flash installations. > > Merry Christmas. > > Henry > > > http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/welcome/ if you had read the previous postings, especially yesterdays, then you would have seen that someone else had beaten you to the punch bowl. -- "Oh! Heavens to Murgatroid. Exit, Stage Left!" -- Snagglep...

Flash in Mozilla

Flash/shockwave
Name: AmmoMonkey Email: joel_a_thonathotmaildotcodotuk Product: Gran Paradiso Summary: Flash/shockwave Comments: I am continually prompted to re-install Adobe Flash/shockwave player and it doesn't seem that this plug-in is supported in the plug-ins menu. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9b4) Gecko/2008030714 Firefox/3.0b4 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Web resources about - shockwave and flash - netscape.mozilla.browser

Games - FREE Online Games & Download Games - Play Games on Shockwave
Play over 1,800 free online games. Shockwave.com offers the best puzzle games, cooking games, dress up games, car racing games, and more. New ...

Shockwave-Sound.Com - Royalty-Free Music, Stock Music, Sound Effects
... buyout music loops. Listen online, purchase on secure server, use as much as you like. Delivered by instant download, or on CD. Welcome! Shockwave-Sound.com ...

Adobe Shockwave Player - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
11.6.5.635 / May 8, 2012 ; 13 days ago ( 2012-05-08 ) Shockwave movies are authored in the Adobe Director environment. While there is support ...

Shockwaves by The Wichita Eagle on the App Store on iTunes
Get Shockwaves by The Wichita Eagle on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Pride Shockwave: Judo vs Jiu Jitsu. Hidehiko Yoshida vs Royce Gracie. - YouTube
PRIDE Shockwave is the international PPV broadcast name for the mixed martial arts and kickboxing event co-promoted by the PRIDE Fighting Championships ...

Tanya Plibersek's same-sex marriage push sends shockwaves through ALP
Acting Labor leader Tanya Plibersek's push to make Labor MPs vote for same-sex marriage has sent shockwaves through the party with at least one ...

VIDEO: Watch The Incredible Shockwave Follow This Papua New Guinea Volcano Eruption
Australian Phil McNamara has captured on video an eruption of a volcano near Rabaul in Papua New Guinea.

Why you should ditch Adobe Shockwave
Adobe Shockwave bundles a component of Adobe Flash that is more than 15 months behind on security updates, and which can be used to backdoor ...

'Near miss': investigation after lightning shockwave zaps City Beach workers
Construction company Georgiou Group's safety practices will be investigated after two workers were zapped by electricity at City Beach during ...

Terror arrests in Turkey send shockwaves through global community
... the revelation of three arrests of suspected IS members in Turkey for suspected involvement in those French attrocities, has sent shockwaves ...