New Firefox breaks xmodmap'ed keys

The new Firefox for Mageia 2 (17.0.2, IIRC) fails to obey keys
remapped by xmodmap.  I have a couple of the odd-ball keys on
spacebar row mapped to 'r' and 'w' in order to be able to rapidly
refresh and close Firefox windows with less effort.  The key
modmapping is working correctly.  With the previous Firefox,
10.0.1 or so, Firefox did the right thing and honored the
mapping.  However, the new Firefox breaks it.

Is anyone else attempting to use xmodmap and seeing this
difficulty with Firefox?

As a workaround (since Firefox development seems to be mostly
attempting to make it look and feel like a Doze environment),
does Firefox have a keyboard remapping facility?

Thanks,

--
Robert Riches
spamtrap42@jacob21819.net

new firefox, new ''Library''
Name: Paul Sulc Email: pauldotsulcatverizondotnet Product: Firefox Summary: new firefox, new ''Library'' Comments: perhaps is good. But using new LIBRARY is much more complicated then good, old Book marks. It is louzy, and I am sorry for a moment I load a new version of Firefox. Older version ''book marks''was much more user friendly. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.10) Gecko/2009042316 Firefox/3.0.10 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response ...

How can I get out of my Mozilla's browser the Winamp browser and get back the Google's or Mozilla's browser.
Please I have got to my browser ( I don't know how.) the Winamp browser he behave like virus stick in.But he doesn't has uninstalation section so I can't do anything to get him away from Mozilla's file. I'm not happy of Winamp's behave its like advertisement against a customer's will. Please is there any way to get him away from Mozilla?Please send me exact direction I have tried many ways but he is deeply inside the systeme so when I install new Mozilla he is always here ready to pester me. Thank you for an answer. Richard ...

Validation controls and Firefox (+ other 'downlovel' browsers) browsers...
Hi all,Just wondering if anyone has any good ideas on where to get validation controls that work on all browsers. The ones for VS 2003 do not work on non-IE browsers, and although I found third-party controls at PeterBlum.com that do work (tested the trial version), I cannot seem to get a hold of Mr. Blum to purchase a license. Any help is greatly appreciated.Thanks,Colin F. Hi Colin,I'm not sure why any of your emails don't get through. Are you using support@PeterBlum.com? You can certainly post questions to my messageboard: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/peterblum/As for placing an order,...

For Firefox 4.0 Beta 3,Should change back location for 'Open Link in New Tab' and 'Open Link in New Windows' same used on stable version
Name: fakhrul Email: zeroratingatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: For Firefox 4.0 Beta 3,Should change back location for 'Open Link in New Tab' and 'Open Link in New Windows' same used on stable version Comments: For Firefox 4.0 Beta 3,Should change back location for 'Open Link in New Tab' and 'Open Link in New Windows' same used on stable version Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; Windows NT 5.1; rv:2.0b3) Gecko/20100805 Firefox/3.0.13;MEGAUPLOAD 1.0 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectatio...

How do you modify 'New Page on Group Break' and 'Edit Style'?
Hi! Is there a way to use dw.Modify (or other methods) to: 1. Modify the value of "New Page on Group Break"? 2. Changing an edit style (i.e. Edit to Edit mask, or Edit to DDDW?) Finally, when using edit mask, is there a way to protect the first few characters, say 12345-XXX-XXX (12345 should not be allowed to be edited) I am using PB7.03. Thanks! SQLCA.SyntaxFromSQL(sql_syntax, & "Style(Type=Group) " + & "Group(#3 NewPage ResetPageCount)", & ls_Errors) HTH -EGM Geoffrey Sy <geoff_sy@yahoo.com> wrote in message...

Firefox,Mozilla Firefox,Firefox download,Mozilla Firefox download
Download Firefox Firefox,Mozilla Firefox,Firefox download,Mozilla Firefox download http://soft.topcities.com/Firefox.htm On 2006-11-28 20:04 (-0700 UTC), idownweb.com wrote: > Download Firefox > > Firefox,Mozilla Firefox,Firefox download,Mozilla Firefox download > > http://soft.topcities.com/Firefox.htm Mebbe it's just me, but isn't this kind of a silly place to spam with something like this? /b. -- 'There is caution, and there is irrational paranoia.' -- Ron Hunter Wow, now thats totally random. On 28 Nov 2006 19:04:38 -0800, ...

Key 'd' and Key 'Control'
Dear sirs / madams, I want to add a short cut key in my datawindow, the script as shown as below, Script 1 IF KeyFlags = 2 THEN IF KeyDown(Keyd!) THEN THIS.TriggerEvent("ue_deleterow") END IF END IF Script 2 IF KeyDown(KeyControl!) then IF KeyDown(Keyd!) then THIS.TriggerEvent("ue_deleterow") END IF END IF Script 3 IF KeyDown(KeyControl!) AND KeyDown(Keyd!) THEN THIS.TriggerEvent("ue_deleterow") END IF But, all of the above, if I press the Key 'Control' first, and then press Key 'd',...

iPrint client for Mozilla's Firefox Browser
Does anyone know if a new client or a fix has been issued to allow iPrint to work in the new Firefox 1.0 browsers? The browser is really great, but I need to have iPrint working. jay@metropower.com wrote: > Does anyone know if a new client or a fix has been issued to allow iPrint > to work in the new Firefox 1.0 browsers? The browser is really great, but > I need to have iPrint working. OES beta (which is NW6.5 SP3 and SUSE 9 Pro with Novell Services) is in public beta now. Supposed to have a Mac internet plugin that works on Safari and MOzilla browsers (Ironically, t...

I love Firefox! But I just got a new computer with Windows 7, and half the time Firefox wouldn't work for about 3 weeks. It's working now, but I don't know for how long. Please make sure you are comp
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: I love Firefox! But I just got a new computer with Windows 7, and half the time Firefox wouldn't work for about 3 weeks. It's working now, but I don't know for how long. Please make sure you are compatible with Windows 7. Thank you. Comments: See above. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.9) Gecko/20100824 Firefox/3.6.9 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sen...

server error
Hi, when i am opening my asp.net site on any Nokia communicator, i am getting the following error Event code: 3005 Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred. Exception message: Browsers elements 'Mozilla' and 'Nokia' matched at the same peer level in configuration - this is not allowed. what could be the reason? how can i solve it? any answer will be appreciated. Thank you...

I don't like New Version of Firefox/Mozilla
Name: Steve Smith Email: drechsel97atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: I don't like New Version of Firefox/Mozilla Comments: I just updated with the latest version Firefox/Mozilla. However, I don't like it--especially the Bookmarks menu. It's vastly different than the previous version, and in my mind, much more challenging to use. I want to go back to my earlier version. How do I do this? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.1) Gecko/2008070208 Firefox/3.0.1 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: H...

Can I receive notification for new Mozilla firefox browser releases?
Name: Email: sivanipriyadotsattcsdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Can I receive notification for new Mozilla firefox browser releases? Comments: Can I receive notification for new Mozilla firefox browser releases? Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; InfoPath.1) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Is firefox browser the primary browser of mozilla?
Is firefox browser the primary browser of mozilla? I read that this will or may already be the primary browser. Does that mean there are going to stop with Mozilla browsers? Also, I would like to know why? Greg Firefox is a stand alone browser based on the Mozilla code with Thunderbird being the stand alone e:mail application. What is usually referred to as Mozilla is not a browser or a e:mail application it is a suite of applications containing browser, e:mail application and page composer. As to weather it is likely to be discontinued I would not think so in the immediat...

Subtitle of "What's New" video on Firefox 13 "What's New" Page
I'd seen lots of subtitle improvements on "What's New" video of Firefox 13 on Amara stayed in the draft status and wait for approve. Is there anybody follow the revision of movie on following change? Their must be problems that we showing the subtitled on "what's new" page with Amara UI, allowed peoples to improve it directly with Amara, but no mention about that they need to wait for someone's review and approve. We just can't make contributor wondering why the subtitled stay on draft for life long time. Also is there anyone who watch behind the A...

Web resources about - New Firefox breaks xmodmap'ed keys - netscape.mozilla.browser