My CUSTOM Versions Of Mozilla Fiorefox & Mozilla Thunderbird

http://www.bigview.net/norvin/files/

Since the early release versions, I have made custom versions of both
Mozilla Firefox & Mozilla Thunderbird.  My CUSTOM version of Mozilla
Firefox is meant for users who are making the switch from Microsoft
Internet Explorer.  My CUSTOM version of Mozilla Thunderbird is meant
for users who are making the switch from Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft
Outlook Express, or another similar e-mail program.  It has the Calendar
Extension installed and many other enhancements the default release
version of Mozilla Thunderbird doesn't have.  The SPAM controls are nice
as well.

If you like both, please let me know.

Below are some of the differences my custom versions have...

Mozilla Thunderbird 0.6

  1) Message Window Behavior is set to open messages in new windows.

  2) Thunderbird Start Page is turned off.

  3) Messages are displayed using Variable Width Font.

  4) Spell Checking is turned on.

  5) Messages composed with HTML will be sent as HTML even if the
recipient prefers plain text.

  6) Mostly Crystal Theme (mostlycrystal_tb_5.jar) by CatThief installed
and turned on.

  7) Calendar Extension (calendar_windows_20040618.xpi) by OEone Corp.
and Mozilla installed & configured.

  8) Get All Messages Extension (getmess.xpi) by Chris Neale installed.

  9) Weather Extension (weather 1-0-final.xpi) by Matt Moyer installed.

10) Remote image loading disabled.  This helps with avoiding SPAM as
SPAMMERS use this to verify what e-mail addresses they have are working
or not.

11) E-mail Address Collection is turned off.

12) Messages are marked as read as soon as they are clicked on.

13) If a read receipt is requested from a sender, one will not be sent.

14) Display Attachments Inline is turned off.

15) Thread Column & Read Column not shown.

16) E-mail Size Column shown.

17) Junk Column moved all the way to the left.

18) Address Book configured.

     - Screen Name & Organization columns not shown.
     - Mobile & Home Phone columns shown.
     - Instant Message button not shown.

19) After several attempts to get e-mail reply headers to show in
Mozilla Thunderbird without success, I found a way to have the FROM &
DATE headers added into the message.  Hopefully, this issue will be
corrected in a future version of Mozilla Thunderbird.  Many thanks go
out to the people that thought of this fix.

Mozilla Firefox 0.8

  1) Google is set as the default start page.

  2) History is set to 30 days.

  3) Download Manager History is cleared upon exiting Mozilla Firefox.

  4) Cookies are allowed for the originating web site only.

  5) You will be asked where to save files whenever you download files.

  6) The Download Manager will stay open upon completion of a download.

  7) File Types are all removed since everyone uses different programs
to open the same thing.

  8) Luna Theme (luna_0.6.3.jar) by Chris Cook installed and turned on.
  Mozilla Firefox will look like MSIE 6 SP-1.

  9) Tabbrowser Preferences Extension (tabprefs_0.5.xpi) by Chris Cook
installed & configured to allow proper tabbed browsing.

10) Spell Checker (spellcheck.xpi) & Spell Checker Front End 0.3
(spellcheckerfe0_3.xpi) by Torisugari installed & configured.  The Spell
Checker will check the spelling of any text entered into any text box.
Simply right-click in any text box and then left-click on "Check
Spelling".  The Spell Checker uses the standard U.S. English Dictionary.

11) "Use Find As You Type" & "to search links only" are both turned off.

12) "Use autoscrolling" is turned off.

13) "Use smooth scrolling" is turned on.

14) "Resize large images to fit in the browser window" is turned off.

15) Bookmarks Toolbar is turned off.

16) Print & New Tab buttons added to Navigation Toolbar.

17) "Use Small Icons" is turned off.

18) A few handy BOOKMARKS to have are added.

19) Dogpile, eBay, Vivisimo, weather.com, Webster, & Yahoo added to the
drop down search box list.

20) Macromedia Flash Player 7 installed.

ENJOY,
Norvin Adams III

0
Norvin
6/22/2004 8:11:30 AM
netscape.mozilla.browser 4970 articles. 0 followers. Follow

[...]

6/22/2004 8:16:10 AM
Norvin Adams III <???@msn.com> wrote in message news:<2jq86bF142i3sU2@uni-berlin.de>...
> [...]
> (spellcheckerfe0_3.xpi) by Torisugari installed & configured.  The Spell
> Checker will check the spelling of any text entered into any text box.
> Simply right-click in any text box and then left-click on "Check
> Spelling".  The Spell Checker uses the standard U.S. English Dictionary.
>
> 11) "Use Find As You Type" & "to search links only" are both turned off.
>
> 12) "Use autoscrolling" is turned off.
>
> 13) "Use smooth scrolling" is turned on.
>
> 14) "Resize large images to fit in the browser window" is turned off.
>
> 15) Bookmarks Toolbar is turned off.
>
> 16) Print & New Tab buttons added to Navigation Toolbar.
>
> 17) "Use Small Icons" is turned off.
>
> 18) A few handy BOOKMARKS to have are added.
>
> 19) Dogpile, eBay, Vivisimo, weather.com, Webster, & Yahoo added to the
> drop down search box list.
>
> 20) Macromedia Flash Player 7 installed.

Why would you send HTML formatted messages to people who prefer plain
text?  This just guarantees that they will see an ocean of angular
brackets and not bother to try to pick out the actual message from the
email.
0
kernco
6/29/2004 9:40:01 PM
Colin Kern wrote:
>>  5) Messages composed with HTML will be sent as HTML even if the
>>recipient prefers plain text.
>
> Why would you send HTML formatted messages to people who prefer plain
> text?  This just guarantees that they will see an ocean of angular
> brackets and not bother to try to pick out the actual message from the
> email.

Arrh!

Maybe next time you could *trim* the original message to only the line
you're actually replying to (as this newsgroup's etiquette also lists as
a ground rule http://www.mozilla.org/community/etiquette.html) so that I
*don't* have to go through all 40 points the guy lists before I know
what you're talking about.

I wish I started scanning top-down instead of bottom up, grmbl >.< ...

~Grauw

Laurens
7/1/2004 5:54:31 PM
Laurens Holst wrote:

> Maybe next time you could *trim* the original message to only the line
> you're actually replying to [...]

Heh, heh..

FYI: Apparently the netscape.mozilla.* groups on secnews.netscape.com
have exactly the *opposite* imprimatur - every time I try to trim a
posting there when replying to it, some officious **** jumps down my
throat..

You should see some of the postings there: 1000+ lines of quote with one
line of reply in the middle there, and they seem to think that's a feature.

Just FYI - show mercy to the non-trimmers - they have probably had that
conditioning burned into them elsewhere..
0
Shankar

My CUSTOM Mozilla Firefox & Mozilla Thunderbird
http://www.bigview.net/norvin/files/ Since the early release versions, I have made custom versions of both Mozilla Firefox & Mozilla Thunderbird. My CUSTOM version of Mozilla Firefox is meant for users who are making the switch from Microsoft Internet Explorer. My CUSTOM version of Mozilla Thunderbird is meant for users who are making the switch from Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Outlook Express, or another similar e-mail program. It has the Calendar Extension installed and many other enhancements the default release version of Mozilla Thunderbird doesn't have. The ...

Mozilla Thunderbird & mozilla news (normal)
I use thunderbird under windows and mozilla mail under linux. they have the same behaviour. The problem is when i want to read some news, mozilla automaticaly bring to some news and display all the tree. It's not a big deal, but it's kind of boring. What i would like, is that mozilla just keep in the last news that was posted, and don't display tree of a news i don't care. cheers, ps : sorry for my english, i'm french ;) -- Pascal Pascal wrote: > I use thunderbird under windows and mozilla mail under linux. they > have the same behaviour. The pro...

Browser Privacy Mozilla and IE & tips for Mozilla
In more recent Mozilla browsers you can type about:config in the address bar. This will load a very detailed and option filled way to configure Mozilla. Look for a line that says "network.http.sendRefererHeader" it has an integer of 2, which in this setting allows web sites to see the preaveious web site you came from, commenly called a Referer. Yes it's spelled that way, don't ask me why. If you change this 2 to 0 it will not give this information to sites, which I beleave IE and all other browsers commenly used do. Also it is possible to change your user-agent string...

Firebird or Mozilla... Thunderbird or Mozilla...
I just got finished reading the roadmap to try and figure out if I would be better off stacking with FB and TB, or if I should install the Mozilla Suite. I cannot make heads or tails out of the roadmap. I cannot figure out what would be the best choice. Would someone here kindly outline the key decision issues for the two different paths? Thanx, zeddock. zeddock on 04.11.03 22:12 wrote: > I just got finished reading the roadmap to try and figure out if I would > be better off stacking with FB and TB, or if I should install the > Mozilla Suite. Uh, this...

Mozilla Thunderbird 32 bit, Mozilla Thunderbird 64 bit
Name: Patrick Dreier Email: patrickdotdreieratmymaildotch Product: Thunderbird Summary: Mozilla Thunderbird 32 bit, Mozilla Thunderbird 64 bit Comments: Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren! Könnt Ihr bitte ein Mozilla Thunderbird für Windows XP Professional 32 bit: Mozilla_Thunderbird_wxp_x86_Setup_2.0.0.10.exe und einen Mozilla Thunderbird für Windows XP Professional 64 bit: Mozilla_Firefox_wxp_x64_Setup_2.0.0.10.exe programmieren! Hochachtungsvoll! Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) ...

Suggestion for Mozilla Firebird or Mozilla Browser
Hi I'm not sure if this could be done, but I was hoping you might be able to incorporate a plugin for FB or Mozilla Browser to include antivirus software in the toolbar section. I think it is a plug-in and I'm not sure if it's in the setup of Norton Antivirus or within Internet Explorer itself. I know that IE has Norton Antivirus as a toolbar on their browser. Can the same be done with Mozilla? Beryle Manz Beryle Manz wrote: > Hi > > I'm not sure if this could be done, but I was hoping you might be able > to incorporate a plugin for ...

Mozilla -> Thunderbird -> Mozilla?
What happens if I try Thunderbird and let it use my existing Mozilla mail and ng files but then decide I want to revert to Mozilla? Does TB farkle the files so that Mozilla can no longer use them? What is the recommended procedure? Perce Percival P. Cassidy wrote: > What happens if I try Thunderbird and let it use my existing Mozilla > mail and ng files but then decide I want to revert to Mozilla? > > Does TB farkle the files so that Mozilla can no longer use them? > > What is the recommended procedure? > > Perce You /may/ be ok. I would pre...

Problems building Mozilla browser (CVS Version)
Hi! I've problems to build the mozilla browser in the cygwin environment. My system is Windows XP, so I want to build the Windows version. My mozconfig file contains the following lines: =============================================================== export BUILD_OFFICIAL=1 export MOZILLA_OFFICIAL=1 ac_add_options --disable-shared ac_add_options --disable-optimize --disable-debug mk_add_options MOZ_OBJDIR=/c/mozilla-build/mozilla/builds/obj- @CONFIG_GUESS@ mk_add_options MOZ_BUILD_PROJECTS="browser" mk_add_options MOZ_CO_PROJECT="browser" ac_add_app_o...

Mozilla Thunderbird 32 bit, Mozilla Thunderbird 64 bit #2
Name: Patrick Dreier Email: patrickdotdreieratmymaildotch Product: Thunderbird Summary: Mozilla Thunderbird 32 bit, Mozilla Thunderbird 64 bit Comments: Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren! Könnt Ihr bitte ein Mozilla Thunderbird für Windows XP Professional 32 bit: Mozilla_Thunderbird_wxp_x86_Setup_2.0.0.10.exe und einen Mozilla Thunderbird für Windows XP Professional 64 bit: Mozilla_Thunderbird_wxp_x64_Setup_2.0.0.10.exe programmieren! Hochachtungsvoll! Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) ...

Mozilla Reps, Mozilla Rep, Mozilla Representative, ReMo, etc?
Hi, I saw something on Yammer today, that some of us write our job title as Mozilla Reps there, but some write it. Mozilla Rep Mozilla Representative Mozilla Reps I know we have other names such as ReMo MozReps MozRep IMO, it's okay to have many different names, but shouldn't we need to agree of 1 name to write properly on job title (especially on such as yammer)? How do you think? I think Mozilla Representative Jairo Ruiz Representante Oficial de Mozilla http://gpljaruiz.wordpress.com/ 2013/2/22 Yofie Setiawan <yofie@yopdesign.com> > Hi, ...

Can this unix Mozilla thunderbird program be converted to a Windows Mozilla Thunderbird program?
Hi: I was wondering if a certain unix thunderbird program called salter can be adjusted to a windows thunderbird program. If it can be done, I would appreciate it if someone would tell me how to do it. Here are the two urls to it. http://www.julianhaight.com/useful.shtml http://www.julianhaight.com/salter And here is the perl source code for it. ============================= #!/usr/bin/perl -w # Salter single-threaded email address salter # (c) 2003-2007 Julian Haight, http://www.julianhaight.com/ # All Rights Reserved under GPL: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt #...

Mozilla & Mozilla Firefox search windows.
Name: Karl Sschueler Email: smakarl_at_gmail.com Product: Firefox Summary: Mozilla & Mozilla Firefox search windows. Comments: For all OS: Mozilla has one window for both http addresses & searches, with a search putton. Firefox has a search data window much too small. the one search window with search botton is better! Linux version: when clicking in the address field (previous data there), the previous data should be highlighted automatically for quick replacement. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; es-AR; rv:1.8.0.7) Gecko/20060909 Firefox...

Mozilla community and Mozilla priorities&decisions
Hi, At MozCampEU 2012, I think during Leadership Panel, Brian King mentionned that Mozilla (I would guess MoFo&MoCo) and the community sometimes have unaligned priorities. After being asked, he gave 2 examples; one being that the community still maintains SeaMonkey which is not a priority for MoFo/MoCo and I have forgotten the second one (please complete if anyone remembers), but I remember it was another valid example. He added that he is no one to tell anyone not to contribute to SeaMonkey and I certainly agree, but wish to provide some in-depth thoughts on this topic. The...

superreview requested: [Bug 370694] Thunderbird' s vendorShortName should be Mozilla not Mozilla Thunderbird
Scott MacGregor <mscott@mozilla.org> has asked David Bienvenu <bienvenu@nventure.com> for superreview: Bug 370694: Thunderbird's vendorShortName should be Mozilla not Mozilla Thunderbird https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=370694 Attachment 255419: fix vendorShortName in Thunderbird https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=255419&action=edit ------- Additional Comments from Scott MacGregor <mscott@mozilla.org> This is for the trunk only since it changes the vendorShortName strings. Rob, do you mind reviewing the toolkit specific change to...

Web resources about - My CUSTOM Versions Of Mozilla Fiorefox & Mozilla Thunderbird - netscape.mozilla.browser

Mozilla Thunderbird
Mozilla Thunderbird is created by a global non-profit dedicated to putting individuals in control and shaping the future of the web for the public ...

Thunderbirds Are Go - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Thunderbirds Are Go is a 1966 British science-fiction film based on Thunderbirds , a 1960s television series starring marionette puppets and ...

Edit - Thunderbird - CrunchBase Product Profile
TechCrunch CrunchBase More TechCrunch Europe TechCrunch France TechCrunch Japan Register - Login or Advanced Search Home > Products > Thunderbird ...

F-16C Thunderbirds Formation - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
USAF Thunderbirds at the 2008 Battle Creek Air Show

Thunderbirds Are Go - Introducing The World - YouTube
The world of Thunderbirds Are Go, Tracy Island, miniature sets and craft have been lovingly made by none other than WETA Workshop - the model ...

Thunderbirds are go: First pictures of TV remake
The first images of the upcoming TV reboot of the iconic series Thunderbirds have been released, recasting the iconic puppets from the 1960s ...

Thunderbirds creator Gerry Anderson dies aged 83
... puppet TV shows Captain Scarlet, Stingray and Joe 90 died in his sleep, his son announces. Gerry Anderson, best known as the creator of Thunderbirds ...

Firebirds hold nerve to hold out Thunderbirds
It was another close shave but Queensland Firebirds coach Roselee Jencke was happy for her side to take a second straight win.

Thunderbirds are go, puppets are gone
Human Thunderbirds? What does this mean, writes James Cockington. - The Age Online

Southerners steal last-gasp draw against Thunderbirds
Southern Steel stole a 53-53 draw in the chaotic final seconds of their trans-Tasman netball league clash against Adelaide Thunderbirds.