http://www.google.com/firefox

I would like to change this so that it opens in the regular Google,
the one I stay logged into. I want a button on the toolbar that opens
Google, but I prefer to set my homepage to something else. I've
searched files and the registry for a string I can change, but haven't
found anything.

In IE 6 I was able to drag all my toolbars into 1 leaving a couple of
drop down menus. I'm having trouble duplicating that in Firefox. Also
in IE I relied a lot on using Control+N to open a duplicate of the
same page I was viewing, and I would like a way to do the same thing
in Firefox.

And those are my only gripes!
0
On
3/9/2007 1:03:49 AM
netscape.mozilla.browser 4970 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On the Road to Damascus wrote:
> I would like to change this so that it opens in the regular Google,
> the one I stay logged into. I want a button on the toolbar that opens
> Google, but I prefer to set my homepage to something else. I've
> searched files and the registry for a string I can change, but haven't
> found anything.
>
> In IE 6 I was able to drag all my toolbars into 1 leaving a couple of
> drop down menus. I'm having trouble duplicating that in Firefox. Also
> in IE I relied a lot on using Control+N to open a duplicate of the
> same page I was viewing, and I would like a way to do the same thing
> in Firefox.
>
> And those are my only gripes!

click on View, Toolbars, Bookmarks Toolbar.  Now drag the
page to the bookmarks bar

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
http://www.bcdb.com/cartoon/46347-Peter_Potamus_Show.html
http://www.toonarific.com/show.php?s_search=Potamus&Button_Update=Search&show_id=2778

Please do not email me for help.  Reply to the newsgroup
only.  Thanks
0
Peter
3/9/2007 1:10:10 AM
On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 17:10:10 -0800, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
<peter.potamus.the.purple.hippo@gmail.com> wrote:

>On the Road to Damascus wrote:
>> I would like to change this so that it opens in the regular Google,
>> the one I stay logged into. I want a button on the toolbar that opens
>> Google, but I prefer to set my homepage to something else. I've
>> searched files and the registry for a string I can change, but haven't
>> found anything.
>>
>> In IE 6 I was able to drag all my toolbars into 1 leaving a couple of
>> drop down menus. I'm having trouble duplicating that in Firefox. Also
>> in IE I relied a lot on using Control+N to open a duplicate of the
>> same page I was viewing, and I would like a way to do the same thing
>> in Firefox.
>>
>> And those are my only gripes!
>
>click on View, Toolbars, Bookmarks Toolbar.  Now drag the
>page to the bookmarks bar

I don't want to display the bookmark toolbar. I actually only want to
display the navigation toolbar. I found an add-on to replace the menu
bar but it caused a lot of problems.

Maybe there's a keyboard shortcut to remove and restore all the
toolbars. I could probably learn to live with that. I'll have to take
another look at the FAQs.
0
On
3/9/2007 10:26:39 AM
On the Road to Damascus wrote:
> I would like to change this so that it opens in the regular Google,
> the one I stay logged into. I want a button on the toolbar that opens
> Google, but I prefer to set my homepage to something else. I've
> searched files and the registry for a string I can change, but haven't
> found anything.
>
> In IE 6 I was able to drag all my toolbars into 1 leaving a couple of
> drop down menus. I'm having trouble duplicating that in Firefox. Also
> in IE I relied a lot on using Control+N to open a duplicate of the
> same page I was viewing, and I would like a way to do the same thing
> in Firefox.
>
> And those are my only gripes!

A button to open Google, but no Bookmarks Toolbar....

Look at this extension:

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2821/

This will allow you to turn the Activity monitor into a clickable
button, which can be pointed to Google.

Drag toolbars onto one.....

View>>Toolbars>>Customize

You can drag all the buttons and bars you want on to one. There are
limits to how many buttons you can enable on the one toolbar.  You can
reach a point where the location bar and the search bar shrink to
unusable proportions.  Once you have filled the toolbar with buttons,
there is no dropdown to show the others.

Open a duplicate page....

Try the Tab Mix Plus extension:

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1122/

This allows you to add onto the right click context menu. You can right
click on the tab in the tab bar, and select to open either in a
duplicate tab, or a duplicate window.  It also enables keyboard
shortcuts CTRL+ALT+T, to open a duplicate tab, or CTRL+SHIFT+N to open a
duplicate window.

Note, these items must be added to the context menu in TMP options,
before the shortcuts will work.

Lee

0
Leonidas
3/9/2007 5:53:18 PM
On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 17:53:18 GMT, Leonidas Jones <Cap1MD@att.net>
wrote:

>On the Road to Damascus wrote:
>> I would like to change this so that it opens in the regular Google,
>> the one I stay logged into. I want a button on the toolbar that opens
>> Google, but I prefer to set my homepage to something else. I've
>> searched files and the registry for a string I can change, but haven't
>> found anything.
>>
>> In IE 6 I was able to drag all my toolbars into 1 leaving a couple of
>> drop down menus. I'm having trouble duplicating that in Firefox. Also
>> in IE I relied a lot on using Control+N to open a duplicate of the
>> same page I was viewing, and I would like a way to do the same thing
>> in Firefox.
>>
>> And those are my only gripes!
>
>A button to open Google, but no Bookmarks Toolbar....
>
>Look at this extension:
>
>https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2821/
>
>This will allow you to turn the Activity monitor into a clickable
>button, which can be pointed to Google.
>
>Drag toolbars onto one.....
>
>View>>Toolbars>>Customize
>
>You can drag all the buttons and bars you want on to one. There are
>limits to how many buttons you can enable on the one toolbar.  You can
>reach a point where the location bar and the search bar shrink to
>unusable proportions.  Once you have filled the toolbar with buttons,
>there is no dropdown to show the others.
>
>Open a duplicate page....
>
>Try the Tab Mix Plus extension:
>
>https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1122/
>
>This allows you to add onto the right click context menu. You can right
>click on the tab in the tab bar, and select to open either in a
>duplicate tab, or a duplicate window.  It also enables keyboard
>shortcuts CTRL+ALT+T, to open a duplicate tab, or CTRL+SHIFT+N to open a
>duplicate window.
>
>Note, these items must be added to the context menu in TMP options,
>before the shortcuts will work.
>
>Lee

Those add-ons look like exactly what I was looking for, thanks!
0
On
3/10/2007 1:04:09 AM
On the Road to Damascus wrote:
> On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 17:53:18 GMT, Leonidas Jones <Cap1MD@att.net>
> wrote:
>
>> On the Road to Damascus wrote:
>>> I would like to change this so that it opens in the regular Google,
>>> the one I stay logged into. I want a button on the toolbar that opens
>>> Google, but I prefer to set my homepage to something else. I've
>>> searched files and the registry for a string I can change, but haven't
>>> found anything.
>>>
>>> In IE 6 I was able to drag all my toolbars into 1 leaving a couple of
>>> drop down menus. I'm having trouble duplicating that in Firefox. Also
>>> in IE I relied a lot on using Control+N to open a duplicate of the
>>> same page I was viewing, and I would like a way to do the same thing
>>> in Firefox.
>>>
>>> And those are my only gripes!
>> A button to open Google, but no Bookmarks Toolbar....
>>
>> Look at this extension:
>>
>> https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2821/
>>
>> This will allow you to turn the Activity monitor into a clickable
>> button, which can be pointed to Google.
>>
>> Drag toolbars onto one.....
>>
>> View>>Toolbars>>Customize
>>
>> You can drag all the buttons and bars you want on to one. There are
>> limits to how many buttons you can enable on the one toolbar.  You can
>> reach a point where the location bar and the search bar shrink to
>> unusable proportions.  Once you have filled the toolbar with buttons,
>> there is no dropdown to show the others.
>>
>> Open a duplicate page....
>>
>> Try the Tab Mix Plus extension:
>>
>> https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1122/
>>
>> This allows you to add onto the right click context menu. You can right
>> click on the tab in the tab bar, and select to open either in a
>> duplicate tab, or a duplicate window.  It also enables keyboard
>> shortcuts CTRL+ALT+T, to open a duplicate tab, or CTRL+SHIFT+N to open a
>> duplicate window.
>>
>> Note, these items must be added to the context menu in TMP options,
>> before the shortcuts will work.
>>
>> Lee
>
> Those add-ons look like exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

I'm glad to have been of help!

Lee
0
Leonidas

我的火狐浏览器启动时“http://zh-cn.www.mozilla.com/zh-CN/firefox/2.0.0.11/firstrun/”总是自动弹出,同时弹出的还有“http://www.google.com/firefox?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:zh-CN:official” 这个问题怎么解决?
Name: 向chunghwa Email: sinoxlatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: 我的火狐浏览器启动时“http://zh-cn.www.mozilla.com/zh-CN/firefox/2.0.0.11/firstrun/”总是自动弹出,同时弹出的还有“http://www.google.com/firefox?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:zh-CN:official” 这个问题怎么解决? Comments: 我的火狐浏览器启动时“http://zh-cn.www.mozilla.com/zh-CN/firefox/2.0.0.11 /firstrun/”总是自动弹出,同时弹出的还有“http://www.google.com /firefox?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:zh-CN:official” 这个问题怎么解决? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; zh-CN; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008052906 Firefox/3.0 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.or...

http://www.google.com/firefox?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official
Name: cody smith Product: Other (please state) Summary: http://www.google.com/firefox?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official Comments: Would be great if you would update the homepage to have the google videos link on top of the searchbar. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.7) Gecko/20060909 Firefox/1.5.0.7 ...

http://www.google.fr/firefox?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official
Name: Ralph Mabrey Email: mabreyatmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: http://www.google.fr/firefox?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official Comments: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.1) Gecko/2008070208 Firefox/3.0.1 After the last Foxfire auto update my start page changed to fr. How do I get it back to English? Thanks Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.1) Gecko/2008070208 Firefox/3.0.1 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedb...

Your "http://www.google.com/firefox" web page should include a hyperlink to "Language Tools" underneath the "Advanced Search" hyperlink and the "Google" logo should be a hyperlink to the standard Goog
Name: Charles Douglass Garnett III Email: cgarnettatstudentdotumassdotedu Product: Firefox Summary: Your "http://www.google.com/firefox" web page should include a hyperlink to "Language Tools" underneath the "Advanced Search" hyperlink and the "Google" logo should be a hyperlink to the standard Google website. Comments: Your "http://www.google.com/firefox" web page should include a hyperlink to "Language Tools" underneath the "Advanced Search" hyperlink and the "Google" logo should be a hyperlink t...

suggestion about http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/all.html
How about adding a <a id="<LANGUAGE_CODE>"> for each language on http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/all.html That way I could point people to use a link that scrolls to their prefered language like so: http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/all.html#mk -- damjan Damjan Georgievski wrote: > How about adding a <a id="<LANGUAGE_CODE>"> for each language > on http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/all.html > > That way I could point people to use a link that scrolls to their prefered > language like so: > http://www.mozilla.com/fire...

http://www.google.com/firefox -- default search
Name: Noble Steed Product: Firefox Summary: http://www.google.com/firefox -- default search Comments: I love Firefox. Its the only browser I use. The one annoying thing about using the default google search area in the upper right hand corner of Firefox is that it doesn't have the gmail link on its page (http://www.google.com/firefox). It has all other default hyperlinks that the normal google page has except for this one. Please put it in there. Sure I could add gmail to my toolbar bookmarks but its full and I like the space for other sites that I frequent. Th...

abuot this address :http://www.google.com/firefox
Name: mohsen Email: mohsenadcatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: abuot this address :http://www.google.com/firefox Comments: hello ,please go to http://www.google.com/firefox and press right click or open that menu,then click on ' switch page direction '. oh,you can see that page Commix. /thanks a lot and good by./ Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2; en-US; rv:1.9.0.12) Gecko/2009070611 Firefox/3.0.12 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish t...

http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/its-an-attack.html
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/its-an-attack.html Comments: Fiefox has alerted me that this is an "attack site". Just thought you should know...... Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

http://downloadcounter.sj.mozilla.com/ & http://www.spreadfirefox.com/en-US/worldrecord/
Name: John Product: Other (please state) Summary: http://downloadcounter.sj.mozilla.com/ & http://www.spreadfirefox.com/en-US/worldrecord/ Comments: http://downloadcounter.sj.mozilla.com/ => counters of Firefox3 downloads have stopped working. The counts haven't updated in over 24 hours (today - 7/7/2008). Also http://www.spreadfirefox.com/en-US/worldrecord/ no longer appears to be updating either. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008052906 Firefox/3.0 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

missin links on "http://www.google.com/firefox"
Name: cool_ice Email: kkdevtaatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: missin links on "http://www.google.com/firefox" Comments: The default home page "http://www.google.com/firefox" has links to all the Google services except for "GMAIL", this link is missing since long ago, any particular reasons for the missing link couldn't be found on Internet. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.8) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of ...

Page http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/updated keeps popping up
Name: F.Baert Email: Mozilla_at_baert-site.nl Product: Firefox Summary: Page http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/updated keeps popping up Comments: Page http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/updated keeps popping up despite of statement that it will not. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; nl; rv:1.8.0.2) Gecko/20060308 Firefox/1.5.0.2 ...

Why do I always go to http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/updated for every startup?
Ok, I'm getting kind of pissed off that I get 100% advertising every time I open a browser. any ideas? TIA __Stephen Firefox user since 2004 or so it feels like it :) "_Stephen" <srussell@electracash.com> wrote in message news:EsGdnfKrvbpUr8zZnZ2dnUVZ_sednZ2d@mozilla.org... > Ok, I'm getting kind of pissed off that I get 100% advertising every time > I open a browser. Yes I do have a specific home page set and it's always dispayed in a tab, giving me 2 tabs open at start up. _Stephen wrote: > > Ok, I'm getting ...

No 64 bit builds available at http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/
Name: amd64 user Product: Firefox Summary: No 64 bit builds available at http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/ Comments: I am sorry, I will be rude. Could you please wake up and provide also Linux x86-64 builds (and possibly Windows 64 builds) of Firefox on your default download page? It would be really nice and many users would surely appreciate this. Currently, the situation is horrible, as Mozilla does not support the 64 bit builds and the only way for users to get them are the third party sites or compilation on their own. It is really disappointing. Not to mention you are ...

"Language Tools" link @ http://www.google.com/firefox page
Name: Daniel Gasparotto Email: danieldotgasparottoatgmaildotcom Product: Other (please state) Summary: "Language Tools" link @ http://www.google.com/firefox page Comments: Could you please add the "Language Tools" link next to the search bar of http://www.google.com/firefox ? in www.google.com/ we see Advanced Search | Preferences | **Language Tools** but in www.google.com/firefox there's only Advanced Search | Preferences why???? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.3) Gecko/2008092417 Firefox/3.0.3 F...

Web resources about - http://www.google.com/firefox - netscape.mozilla.browser

Firefox Affiliates

Firefox OS
The latest news about Firefox OS