HELP!!!

My provider some time ago dropped newsgroups, eventually I found this
source of access to some newsgroups. Its Limited But I can use it.

Back when I was a LOT less informed I used newsgroup access to seek
answers to some firefox questions. When I returned MUCH later to seek an
answer to my latest quandary I discovered the newsgroups I once knew
were no longer, so I sought the 'new' newsgroups, not so many are
carried by this provider ergo My options are severely limited.

PC in question,  Windows XP x64, Firefox 12 now (was 11)

Ages ago, about FF version 6, I finally restructured FF to use a ramdisk
for the cache file and folder structure.
Yesterday I discovered that FF 11 is not using the ramdisk for its cache
usage.
Ok I thinks, fire up windows exploder and see where FF is cache'ing.
Seems I didn't find it that way, I did find where Thunderbird is
cache'ing, so the search process does seem to work.
Ramdisk is installed during the PC's boot process. WELL before any other
discretionary programs are started.
My other process I wish to run out of ramdisk is just fine, so the
ramdisk still WORKS!
(YES W.E. is optioned to look, search, and display hidden folders)
Ramdisk is set for 512megs of space, other application using ramdisk is
only about 4 megs of space.

OK  about:config was my next step.  That seems to indicate that FF
should be cache'ing, BUT if it is it's Not where it is specified to do
so in the config file settings.

DID the mavens at FF code FF 11 and FF 12 to Not cache ??
If it still cache's where might I find it?

I did visit the TOOLS/OPTIONS/ADVANCED area but I failed to see what
might be turning cache'ing OFF,  it Does say 'Your application cache is
currently using 0 bytes of disk space'
This to me seems to point to the cache turned OFF???

IS this the 'new' default??

I do NOT have 'always use private browsing mode' set
I DO have the 'tell websites i do not want to be tracked'
I have only a FEW plugin's installed in FF
Ghostery and adblock plus look to be the only ones for privacy matters

ABOUT: config

browser.cache.disk.enable  =  true
browser.cache.disk.smart_size.enabled  =  true
browser.cache.memory.enable  =  true

I be Lost at this time! (once again)
0
hp
5/21/2012 1:43:08 AM
netscape.mozilla.browser 4970 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On Sun, 20 May 2012 21:43:08 -0400, in message <jpc6jc$src$1@speranza.aioe.org>
hp wrote:

> PC in question,  Windows XP x64, Firefox 12 now (was 11)
>
> Ages ago, about FF version 6, I finally restructured FF to use a ramdisk
> for the cache file and folder structure.
> Yesterday I discovered that FF 11 is not using the ramdisk for its cache
> usage.
> Ok I thinks, fire up windows exploder and see where FF is cache'ing.
> Seems I didn't find it that way, I did find where Thunderbird is
> cache'ing, so the search process does seem to work.
> Ramdisk is installed during the PC's boot process. WELL before any other
> discretionary programs are started.
> My other process I wish to run out of ramdisk is just fine, so the
> ramdisk still WORKS!
> (YES W.E. is optioned to look, search, and display hidden folders)
> Ramdisk is set for 512megs of space, other application using ramdisk is
> only about 4 megs of space.
>
> OK  about:config was my next step.  That seems to indicate that FF
> should be cache'ing, BUT if it is it's Not where it is specified to do
> so in the config file settings.
>
> DID the mavens at FF code FF 11 and FF 12 to Not cache ??
> If it still cache's where might I find it?

To find where your cache is located, enter
    about:cache
into Firefox's URL bar and press ENTER.

On the page which appears, look under the heading "Disk Cacbe Device"
for the line "Cache Directory:".

> I did visit the TOOLS/OPTIONS/ADVANCED area but I failed to see what
> might be turning cache'ing OFF,  it Does say 'Your application cache is
> currently using 0 bytes of disk space'
> This to me seems to point to the cache turned OFF???
>
> IS this the 'new' default??

I do not believe it is the new default,  The cache is on by default in
my Firefox 12.

  "Your web content cache is currently using 12.5MB of disk space"

> I do NOT have 'always use private browsing mode' set
> I DO have the 'tell websites i do not want to be tracked'
> I have only a FEW plugin's installed in FF
> Ghostery and adblock plus look to be the only ones for privacy matters
>
> ABOUT: config
>
> browser.cache.disk.enable  =  true
> browser.cache.disk.smart_size.enabled  =  true
> browser.cache.memory.enable  =  true

If your cache is using 0 bytes, it might also be one of the settings
at  "Tools >> Options >> Privacy", perhaps either "Never remember
history" or "Clear history when Firefox closes".

The cache may also be deleted by Ctrl+Shift+Del or "Tools >> Clear
Recent History", not just by the "Clear Now" button at "Tools >>
Options >> Advanced".

--
Kind regards
Ralph
On Sun, 20 May 2012 21:43:08 -0400, hp <ferd@farkel.net> wrote:

>My provider some time ago dropped newsgroups, eventually I found this
>source of access to some newsgroups. Its Limited But I can use it.
>

>Back when I was a LOT less informed I used newsgroup access to seek
>answers to some firefox questions. When I returned MUCH later to seek an
>answer to my latest quandary I discovered the newsgroups I once knew
>were no longer, so I sought the 'new' newsgroups, not so many are
>carried by this provider ergo My options are severely limited.

The news sever news.mozilla.org is free and provides lots of support
and information about Firefox and othe Mozilla products.

--
AnthonyL
0
On 5/20/2012 9:43 PM, hp wrote:
> My provider some time ago dropped newsgroups, eventually I found this
> source of access to some newsgroups. Its Limited But I can use it.
>

> Back when I was a LOT less informed I used newsgroup access to seek
> answers to some firefox questions. When I returned MUCH later to seek an
> answer to my latest quandary I discovered the newsgroups I once knew
> were no longer, so I sought the 'new' newsgroups, not so many are
> carried by this provider ergo My options are severely limited.
>

> PC in question, Windows XP x64, Firefox 12 now (was 11)
>
> Ages ago, about FF version 6, I finally restructured FF to use a ramdisk
> for the cache file and folder structure.
> Yesterday I discovered that FF 11 is not using the ramdisk for its cache
> usage.
> Ok I thinks, fire up windows exploder and see where FF is cache'ing.
> Seems I didn't find it that way, I did find where Thunderbird is
> cache'ing, so the search process does seem to work.
> Ramdisk is installed during the PC's boot process. WELL before any other
> discretionary programs are started.
> My other process I wish to run out of ramdisk is just fine, so the
> ramdisk still WORKS!
> (YES W.E. is optioned to look, search, and display hidden folders)
> Ramdisk is set for 512megs of space, other application using ramdisk is
> only about 4 megs of space.
>
> OK about:config was my next step. That seems to indicate that FF should
> be cache'ing, BUT if it is it's Not where it is specified to do so in
> the config file settings.
>
> DID the mavens at FF code FF 11 and FF 12 to Not cache ??
> If it still cache's where might I find it?
>
> I did visit the TOOLS/OPTIONS/ADVANCED area but I failed to see what
> might be turning cache'ing OFF, it Does say 'Your application cache is
> currently using 0 bytes of disk space'
> This to me seems to point to the cache turned OFF???
>
> IS this the 'new' default??
>
> I do NOT have 'always use private browsing mode' set
> I DO have the 'tell websites i do not want to be tracked'
> I have only a FEW plugin's installed in FF
> Ghostery and adblock plus look to be the only ones for privacy matters
>
> ABOUT: config
>
> browser.cache.disk.enable = true
> browser.cache.disk.smart_size.enabled = true
> browser.cache.memory.enable = true

I poked about a bit last night looking in thunderbord for the
news.mozilla.org news groups access, after posting this message and then
my internet hardware died, After a total reset of everything including
the outside box the internet service was again available.

This morning the news.mozilla.org servers were available in thunderbird
for me to explore. So I went off seeking the proper forum to seek an
explanation to my problem/quandry.

Thanks for trying
0
hp

HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!

Help Help Help Help Help Help

To Help Improve Mozilla Browsers
Name: Jason Cinco Email: Archspaceatlycosdotcom Product: Shiretoko Alpha 1 Summary: To Help Improve Mozilla Browsers Comments: I would like to improve the Browsing Capability on any Mozilla Browsers. Specially When Visiting Sites Like Friendster.com Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1a1) Gecko/2008072310 Shiretoko/3.1a1 From URL: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/3.1a1/firstrun/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them ...

Help Help Help Help

help help help help

How can I get out of my Mozilla's browser the Winamp browser and get back the Google's or Mozilla's browser.
Please I have got to my browser ( I don't know how.) the Winamp browser he behave like virus stick in.But he doesn't has uninstalation section so I can't do anything to get him away from Mozilla's file. I'm not happy of Winamp's behave its like advertisement against a customer's will. Please is there any way to get him away from Mozilla?Please send me exact direction I have tried many ways but he is deeply inside the systeme so when I install new Mozilla he is always here ready to pester me. Thank you for an answer. Richard ...

Mozilla browser problem
Mozilla browser problem - Pls help I am not technical. I have a recently purchased Windows XP Toshiba laptop with Intel processor I have been using Mozilla Firefox Browser for quite a while..no problems... now all of a sudden this is happening... My screen FREEZES and it says Mozilla is not responding I deleted the Browser software and downloaded it again...but I still have the same problem. can anyone pls help me ? Thanks in advance Kim kimshapiro100@yahoo.com wrote: > Mozilla browser problem - Pls help > > I am not technical. > > I have ...

Mozilla browser will not open Help!!!
I've got a problem with Mozilla browser and Mozilla email not wanting to open anyone knows what that's all about? I downloaded it again and installed it, it worked until I booted up my machine the next time. If anyone know why this is happening pleas let me know. I've got windows xp home edition and cable access. Thanks Jeff Jeff wrote: > I've got a problem with Mozilla browser and Mozilla email not > wanting to open anyone knows what that's all about? I > downloaded it again and installed it, it worked until I booted > up my machine the next t...

Mozilla browser will not open Help!!!!
I've got a problem with Mozilla browser and Mozilla email not wanting to open anyone knows what that's all about? I downloaded it again and installed it, it worked until I booted up my machine the next time. If anyone know why this is happening pleas let me know. I've got windows xp home edition and cable access. Thanks Jeff Hi, I have the same problem with Netscape 7.1! So, it looks like WinXP is fixed to make it difficult to instal and run anything not-MS. When I click the icon it blinks for a fraction of a second but Netscape does not open. When I open Ta...

Mozilla browser probelm
Mozilla browser probelm - Pls help I am not technical. I have a recently purcahsed Windows XP Toshiba laptop with Intel processor I have been using Mozilla Firefox Browser for quite a while..no problems... now all of a sudden this is happening... My screen FREEZES and it says Mozilla is not responding I deleted the Browser software and downloaded it again...but I still have the same problem. can anyone pls help me ? Thanks in advance Kim ...

help help help
i wanna know the list of compite time errors related to code correction/programming errors in powerbuilder.thanks lot cenk That's a pretty big request. You want a list of everything it is possible to do wrong in PowerBuilder? What you might want to do is search the solved cases infobase on the Sybase web site. On Tue, 15 Jun 1999 11:50:32 +0300, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general cenk KIZILDAG <cenk1536@yahoo.com> wrote: >i wanna know the list of compite time errors related to code >correction/programming errors in powerbuilder.thanks lot > >c...

HELP!!!HELP!!!HELP!!!
I try set picture to database and import it to picture control. Why SetPicture funktio dosen�t work? blob b, tot_b integer li_FileNum, loops, i, ret long flen, bytes_read, new_pos string txtname, named string defext = "BMP", Filter = "bitmap Files (*.bmp), *.bmp" ret = GetFileOpenName("Open Bitmap", txtname, named, defext, filter) SetPointer(HourGlass!) flen = FileLength(txtname) li_FileNum = FileOpen(txtname, StreamMode!, Read!, LockRead!) IF flen > 32765 THEN IF Mod(flen, 32765) = 0 THEN loops = flen/32765 ELSE loops = (flen/32765...

HELP HELP HELP
I need EAS 3.0.1 mantainance as soon as possible or at least an updated datawindow.jar. I've already asked the mantainance CD to italian Sybase support but they know nothing about it. If someone from sybase could send me an updated datawindow.jar would be very very appreciated. Please email me to m.mazza@ads.it Thank you Mauro Mazza Research & Develop - Gruppo FINMATICA E-mail: m.mazza@ads.it http://www.ads.it ADS automated data systems - Data Processing S.p.A. Via Del Lavoro, 17 40127 Bologna - Italy tel. +39 051 6307 411 fax. +39 051 6307 498 We expect t...

help help help
after i unload., theni install adaptaive server.......everythings running well but unluckily it cannot start the adaptive server when installing but backupserver and XP server can install and start it Building Adaptive Server "abc", unable to boot server "abc" server "abc" was not connected anyone can help me Was an errorlog created for this ASE in the ASE install directory? If so, what does it say? Zidane wrote: > after i unload., theni install adaptaive server.......everythings running > well > but unluckily it cannot st...

Help!help!help!
Whether can I set a window to be unmoveable when the application is run,whatever the window is normal or max when it's running?If it may be set,how.... ...

Web resources about - HELP!!! - netscape.mozilla.browser

Help - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
United States Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions , commonly abbreviated "H.E.L.P." Text is available under the Creative ...

Kurds seek help in fight against ISIL in Iraq
... use of asymmetric tactics to breach defence lines. Erbil, Iraq - Peshmerga soldiers in Iraq's Kurdish region have appealed for more help to ...

Family ties can help shield terrorists from detection - CBS News 8 - San Diego, CA News Station - KFMB ...
The San Bernardino attack that left 14 people dead represented a type of extremist plot law enforcement authorities consider exceedingly difficult ...

One man's long journey to help a stranger walk again
Eugene Yoon felt called to make a difference and hiked from the California-Mexico border to Washington to help paraplegic Arthur Renowitzky

Cluise App Helps You Figure Out What to Wear
Tired of crippling indecision making you late in getting out the door? If apathy isn’t the solution you’re looking for, a new app called Cluise ...

President Obama calls again for tech help to spot terrorist messages
On Friday, President Obama repeated the need to bring high-tech leaders together with law enforcement and intelligence officials to better spot ...

Todd Starnes Helps Shut Down A School District?
As the saying goes, "correlation does not imply causation." But one wonders if Todd Starnes' journalistic abetting of Christian based Islamophobia ...

Chris Matthews: 16 Days Of Golf Won’t Help Obama When He Doesn’t Have An ISIS Strategy
Chris Matthews: 16 Days Of Golf Won’t Help Obama When He Doesn’t Have An ISIS Strategy

Stretching Can Help Athletes Sometimes
Static stretching might help sports performance after all, but only when done after a good warm-up and for less than a minute for each muscle ...