google.com redirected to google.co.in in Firefox

Okay, since I don't know why this is happening I thought I better ask
around.

Whenever I type in www.google.com or use the google search from firefox
it goes to google.co.in(the india version). Now why is this happening?

I'm using English Window XP and region is Australia. Language in
Firefox is EN-US

<Just checked what's happening in IE>
Hmm, in IE www.google.com is showed in Swedish(which is okay since I am
swedish), but this would suggest is not a browser issue and something
else?

How does Firefox(and IE) decide which google page to show?

Martin

0
peeping_t
3/10/2005 5:28:47 AM
netscape.mozilla.browser 4970 articles. 0 followers. Follow

In message <1110432527.446165.92360@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>
peeping_t@hotmail.com wrote:

>Okay, since I don't know why this is happening I thought I better ask
>around.
>
>Whenever I type in www.google.com or use the google search from firefox
>it goes to google.co.in(the india version). Now why is this happening?
>
>I'm using English Window XP and region is Australia. Language in
>Firefox is EN-US
>
><Just checked what's happening in IE>
>Hmm, in IE www.google.com is showed in Swedish(which is okay since I am
>swedish), but this would suggest is not a browser issue and something
>else?
>
>How does Firefox(and IE) decide which google page to show?

They don't -- Google handles the redirection, typically based on your
IP, although your browser settings (Language and cookies) are involved
too.

--
do not creep a coconut
 -- NANAE

In IE I get the swedish version of google cause I have swedish as
language(for pages that support several languages). Why I get the India
version in Firefox is beyond me though since my IP is definately an
australian one.

Martin

0
peeping_t
3/10/2005 6:02:46 AM
peeping_t@hotmail.com wrote:
> Okay, since I don't know why this is happening I thought I better ask
> around.
>
> Whenever I type in www.google.com or use the google search from firefox
> it goes to google.co.in(the india version). Now why is this happening?
>
> I'm using English Window XP and region is Australia. Language in
> Firefox is EN-US
>
> <Just checked what's happening in IE>
> Hmm, in IE www.google.com is showed in Swedish(which is okay since I am
> swedish), but this would suggest is not a browser issue and something
> else?
>
> How does Firefox(and IE) decide which google page to show?
>
> Martin

You can bypass this by going directly to Google.com and then bookmarking
that URL.  That is supposed to override the redirection.
0
Ron
3/10/2005 1:47:14 PM
peeping_t@hotmail.com wrote:
> Okay, since I don't know why this is happening I thought I better ask
> around.
>
> Whenever I type in www.google.com or use the google search from firefox
> it goes to google.co.in(the india version). Now why is this happening?

Ask google, they are doing the redirect based on the IP and/or they use
the UA and the google parsing for the Firefox UA is broken.
You can slo try to override that if you open google.com and select
preferences....
Or you could try to change the language setting in the header.
Type "about:config" and search for "intl.accept_languages".
I have for example "de-de, en-us, en, de".
(I used the Mozilla UA for that setting, don't know if there is a
firefox UA for that)

Matthias

0
Matthias
3/10/2005 10:39:29 PM
Matthias Versen wrote:
> peeping_t@hotmail.com wrote:
>
>> Whenever I type in www.google.com or use the google search from firefox
>> it goes to google.co.in(the india version). Now why is this happening?

[..]
> Or you could try to change the language setting in the header.
> Type "about:config" and search for "intl.accept_languages".
> I have for example "de-de, en-us, en, de".
> (I used the Mozilla UA for that setting, don't know if there is a
> firefox UA for that)

In Firefox, Tools|Options, General tab, Languages button.

regards,
Mark..

--
British English localisations of:
Mozilla Suite <http://www.tyndall.org.uk/moz_en-gb.html>

Actually, going to http://google.com/ncr skip the redirection and stays to
http://google.com

--
Gilles
0

我的火狐浏览器启动时“http://zh-cn.www.mozilla.com/zh-CN/firefox/2.0.0.11/firstrun/”总是自动弹出,同时弹出的还有“http://www.google.com/firefox?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:zh-CN:official” 这个问题怎么解决?
Name: 向chunghwa Email: sinoxlatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: 我的火狐浏览器启动时“http://zh-cn.www.mozilla.com/zh-CN/firefox/2.0.0.11/firstrun/”总是自动弹出,同时弹出的还有“http://www.google.com/firefox?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:zh-CN:official” 这个问题怎么解决? Comments: 我的火狐浏览器启动时“http://zh-cn.www.mozilla.com/zh-CN/firefox/2.0.0.11 /firstrun/”总是自动弹出,同时弹出的还有“http://www.google.com /firefox?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:zh-CN:official” 这个问题怎么解决? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; zh-CN; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008052906 Firefox/3.0 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.or...

A Forget between Google Firefox?Client & Google (default : google.com (.fr for me))
Name: Artet Jah Fakoly Email: mek_vincentathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: A Forget between Google Firefox?Client & Google (default : google.com (.fr for me)) Comments: y0 Paillete or Paille! Like i say in the summary I dont understand why with http://www.google.fr/firefox?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:fr:official the option "outils linguistiques" in french sorry, dont appear, you see !!! I explain we have options shit "recherche avancée" in french sorry, and "préférences" in french always sorry but no &q...

Firefox from google.com to google.nl
I have always used Google.com to search, it came installed as default search engine when installing Firefox. I added some search engines a few months ago, all was well. And NOW I suddenly notice that I am searching using google.nl. Not that I think .nl is bad, but it's not something I changed myself and I want things to stay put where I want them to be. I never searched in Dutch specifically. Never went to the dutch google site by choice. I am appalled! In the History, I can see that before yesterday, all the search pages were served by from google.com, and for late last night, I ...

Results of google search swap "books.mozilla.com" for "books.google.com"
Name: John Lloyd Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Results of google search swap "books.mozilla.com" for "books.google.com" Comments: A Google search through the Firefox start page (http://en-us.start3.mozilla.com/firefox?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official) gives results that have links to "books.mozilla.com" when the appropriate source is "books.google.com". For example: http://en-us.start3.mozilla.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&channel=s&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=Bjo&q=mangro...

google.co.il instead of google.com by default
Name: Amit Email: amitdotgefenatbreach.com Product: Firefox Summary: google.co.il instead of google.com by default Comments: Hi I have a problem with FF (2.0.0.2) Every time I try to search with Google (default) search engine, the result comes from google.co.il instead of google.com Why is that??? :-( Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.2) Gecko/20070219 Firefox/2.0.0.2 ...

search engines
Name: Peter Fairbrother Email: zenadsl6186atzendotcodotuk Product: Firefox Summary: search engines - google.com vs google.co.uk? Comments: I'm in the UK. When I enter google.com I get to google.co.uk by default. There's a significant difference. The EU has different data retention laws to the US, and I want to search on google.co.uk, and not have my search passed through google.com, where a record of my searches will be available to US law enforcement agencies etc, either through a Court order or without one. I'd like to be able to change the search engine in...

Is Google googling?
What is the deal? Has anyone ever had "Outbound" ICMP pings when just coming online on a dialup. I'm getting Outgoing Tcpip Kernel Driver pings to Google Inc. (NETBLK-GOOGLE) [216.239.35.100] 2400 E. Bayshore Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043 US, every time I log on to the internet. It also is followed by Outgoing pings going to InfoHouse, Inc. (NETBLK-INFOHOUSE-BLK) [64.61.61.86] 41 Pacella Park Drive, Randolph, MA 02368 US. These ping are consistent every log on, 3 of each for a total of 6. Why would Google be doing this and how? I am running WindowsXP Pro and I have ...

http://www.google.com/firefox?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official
Name: cody smith Product: Other (please state) Summary: http://www.google.com/firefox?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official Comments: Would be great if you would update the homepage to have the google videos link on top of the searchbar. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.7) Gecko/20060909 Firefox/1.5.0.7 ...

using Firefox 3.0b4. google.com --> google.es
Name: Bob McGeary Email: rob_mcgearyathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: using Firefox 3.0b4. google.com --> google.es Comments: My homepage is google.com. I live there. In the new beta, I am auto switched to google.es. Yo no habla... so you can see my dilemma. I have checked the language options, and that's all cool. sup? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b4) Gecko/2008030714 Firefox/3.0b4 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Search engine site reflect google.co.uk not google.com
Search engine site reflect google.co.uk not google.com same with yahoo.co.uk -- Kevin long "Kevin Long" <kevinlong@worldwideproductsinc.com> wrote in <news:TdydnfZrkoqYQnnZnZ2dnUVZ_s6dnZ2d@mozilla.org>: > Search engine site reflect google.co.uk not google.com > > same with yahoo.co.uk It's not clear whether or not you have a problem you need help with. If you do, these two links should help: <http://mycroft.mozdev.org/install.html> <http://kb.mozillazine.org/Uninstall_search_plugins> -- �Q� Kevin Long wrote:...

How can I get out of my Mozilla's browser the Winamp browser and get back the Google's or Mozilla's browser.
Please I have got to my browser ( I don't know how.) the Winamp browser he behave like virus stick in.But he doesn't has uninstalation section so I can't do anything to get him away from Mozilla's file. I'm not happy of Winamp's behave its like advertisement against a customer's will. Please is there any way to get him away from Mozilla?Please send me exact direction I have tried many ways but he is deeply inside the systeme so when I install new Mozilla he is always here ready to pester me. Thank you for an answer. Richard ...

Google Toolbar For Firefox & Google Extensions for Firefox
followup to grc.techtalk Google Toolbar For Firefox http://toolbar.google.com/firefox/ Take the power of Google with you anywhere on the Web Google Extensions for Firefox http://toolbar.google.com/firefox/extensions/ ----------------------------------------------------------- Quote ----------------------------------------------------------- Welcome to the Google Extensions for Firefox page. Extensions are small applications that you download and install into your Firefox browser to add new functionality. We hope you enjoy these extensions! --------------------------------...

Clearing Google Cache at google.com
There is a handy right click menu in the google tool bar to clear history. How do you clear the google history from the google website? Jim ...

google.com redirects
Today when I click www.google.com it redirects to www.google.co.il. Why? -- Date Calculator with all-purpose JS code https://files.nyu.edu/emf202/public/js/datecalculator.html On Thu, 16 Oct 2014 00:19:36 -0400, Eustace wrote: > Today when I click www.google.com it redirects to www.google.co.il. Why? That is Google's doing. Google's geolocation must have thought you were in Israel. If you do not want to be redirected, click this instead: www.google.com/ncr -- Kind regards Ralph On 2014-10-16 06:05, Ralph Fox wrote: > On Thu, 16 Oct 2014 00:19:36 -04...

Web resources about - google.com redirected to google.co.in in Firefox - netscape.mozilla.browser

Category:Wikipedia soft redirected project pages - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Agile Artisans: You'll be redirected in just a moment...
Agile Artisans: You'll be redirected in just a moment...

Logged-Out Users Cannot See Facebook Pages’ Content; Redirected To News Feed After Login
Web surfers who are not logged in to Facebook and try to access pages on the social network are landing on the news feed once they input their ...

Flickr: The Help Forum: [locked, redirected] flickr now censoring all moderate and restricted photos ...

Prank of the Day: Someone Bought Anti-Gay Group’s Expired Domain Name, Redirected It to Gay Porn
Anti-gay protesters were picketing outside the Carolina Rebellion rock festival at the Charlotte Motor Speedway earlier this month, so one of ...

Smartphones redirected to Candy Crush, porn sites automatically - Technology - Tech News and Latest New ...
IT IS truly a 21st century problem, but one with potentially very serious implications. It may have even happened to you.

Smartphones redirected to Candy Crush, porn sites automatically
IT IS truly a 21st century problem, but one with potentially very serious implications. It may have even happened to you.

Large chunk of Chinese internet traffic redirected to small Wyoming building
In one of the more bizarre twists in recent Internet memory, much of the Internet traffic in China was redirected to a mysterious company in ...

Attack on Dailymotion redirected visitors to exploits
Attackers injected malicious code into Dailymotion.com, a popular video sharing website, and redirected visitors to Web-based exploits that installed ...

$200m redirected from wages to childcare training
THE Abbott government will redirect about $200 million that was meant to go to lifting childcare wages to helping long day care services with ...