Firefox won't show youtube

Whenever I try to look at a youtube video with Firefox, via Facebook or
directly on the youtube site, I just get snow and the message "An error
occurred, please try again later". If I try the same videos using either
Chrome or Internet Explorer on the same computer they play just fine. I've
tried reinstalling Firefox to no avail. Has anyone else experienced this
problem, and can anyone tell me how to fix it?

0
dilettante
9/11/2012 12:42:57 AM
netscape.mozilla.browser 4970 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On Mon, 10 Sep 2012 19:42:57 -0500, dilettante wrote:

> Whenever I try to look at a youtube video with Firefox, via Facebook or
> directly on the youtube site, I just get snow and the message "An error
> occurred, please try again later". If I try the same videos using either
> Chrome or Internet Explorer on the same computer they play just fine. I've
> tried reinstalling Firefox to no avail. Has anyone else experienced this
> problem, and can anyone tell me how to fix it?

Uninstall the Flash Player Plugin for Firefox, then download the
latest version / a new copy of this plugin and install it.
 *  IE is not affected by a problem with the Flash Player Plugin for
    Firefox.  IE does not use the same Flash plugin as Firefox.
 *  Chrome is not affected by a problem with the Flash Player Plugin
    for Firefox.  Chrome has Flash built in, and does not use a
    separate plugin.

1)  Close Firefox
2)  Go to
       [Win 7]   Control Panel >> Programs and Features
       [Win XP]  Control Panel >> Add or Remove Programs
    and uninstall the Adobe Flash Player Plugin, which is the plugin
    used by Firefox.  (Do not uninstall the Adobe Flash Player ActiveX,
    which is the plugin used by IE.)
3)  To be safe, restart your computer after uninstalling.
4)  Go to
    http://helpx.adobe.com/content/help/en/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#main-pars_header
    download the "Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)" and
    install it.
5)  Re-start Firefox.

--
Kind regards
Ralph

Firefox won't load, won't open web pages
I've had no trouble with FireFox until recently. Now here is what's happening: Firefox won't load, and won't open web pages. Faulting application firefox.exe, version 1.8.20060.50817, faulting module msctf.dll, version 5.1.2600.2180, fault address 0x000197db. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. There is, of course, no help available from Microsoft. _Linda Amar_ spoke thusly on 02/06/2006 8:17 PM: > I've had no trouble with FireFox until recently. Now here is what's > happening: Fire...

Won't send, won't receive, won't do anything but send me rejection messages!
I keep getting messages such as these: Unable to connect to your IMAP server. You may have exceeded the maximum c= onnections to this server. If so, use the IMAP server settings dialog to re= duce the number of cached connections. Sending of the message failed. The message could not be sent because the connection to Outgoing server (SM= TP) smtp.google.com was lost in the middle of the transaction. Try again. I have used Thunderbird for years, and have really liked it. Sometimes one = of the top of the pages goes up way too high above the top of the screen, s= o there is no way...

Please help! My mozilla won't attempt to get email, but won't say why
Since 9/4, my Mozilla has apparently stopped attempting to receive email from a POP3 server. So far as I know, my server settings are OK with my ISP, and I can use Outlook Express successfully, so its not a problem with my ISP. Is there a log somewhere, or some other diagnostic? Thanks, Ben P On 10/09/2003 14:42, Ben Pracht wrote: > Since 9/4, my Mozilla has apparently stopped attempting to receive email > from a POP3 server. So far as I know, my server settings are OK with my > ISP, and I can use Outlook Express successfully, so its not a problem with > my ...

Firefox won't consistently display my webpage correctly; won't always go back
Name: Jean Everett Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox won't consistently display my webpage correctly; won't always go back Comments: Not sure if I'm sending this to the right place, but all other options were far too confusing and time-consuming for me to work with (I'm a botanist, not a computer (insert polite word for geek). I maintain very simple Netscape Composer webpages for the courses I teach (here's one: http://www.cofc.edu/~everettj/BIOL301.html. The image banners at the top often don't display in Firefox. I can get them in Internet Explorer,...

Firefox won't open Adope Pdf's in my browser.
Name: a hayek Email: aghayekatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox won't open Adope Pdf's in my browser. Comments: When ever i try to open a pdf in mozilla it opens adobe and tells me that it can't do it. the only way i can open pdf's from the internet is through Internet Explorer? I like firefox but i open a ton of pdfs and it gets annoying. what can i do? -alex Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070725 Firefox/2.0.0.6 ...

2007 version of firefox won't start! & version 2006 of thunderbird won't start
Name: Robert Calhoon Email: rjcalhoonatcomcastdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: 2007 version of firefox won't start! & version 2006 of thunderbird won't start Comments: sip these two go back to earlier version wait till starting gets fixed broke on office machine and home 4 pc's broke too. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.4) Gecko/20070515 Firefox/2.0.0.4 ...

Firefox won't recognize flash player plugin and won't re-install flash plugin
Name: Scott Coppersmith Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Firefox won't recognize flash player plugin and won't re-install flash plugin Comments: Firefox 3 beta 4 "forgets" that the flash plugin is installed and when it tries to autoinstall I get the error "install-977..rdf (provided by the item) is not well-formed or does not exist" It started doing this with Beta 3 after I installed the DownloadHelper add-on. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.9b4) Gecko/2008030714 Firefox/3.0b4 ...

Firefox crashes on start
I'm hoping someone can help me here. I've looked up and down google to try and find the answer to no avail. Suddenly, today, firefox stopped working. I was doing some maintenance on the computer and did the following: upgraded Spyware doctor and rescanned upgraded Registry Mechanie, did a registry fix and a computer optimization I have to assume the problem comes from there, since it was working fine before that. The first crash report I got referenced moveplayer@movenetworks.com. Since then, they've been different. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, nothing w...

CollapsiblePanelExtender No Content Showing in Firefox
I can't seem to get the CollapsiblePanelExtender to show content in Firefox and the Expand/Collaps image won't show in Opera but it all works fine in IE.  Any ideas here?  This is my second time around with the Ajax Tool Kit and I'm really hoping to be productive.  What could be causing this?  Is there something I'm missing?JP  Maybe we could see your code? Thanks, Nameth...

Firefox 3.o.4 won't load, uninstall or allow McAfee's Security Center to show
Name: Beth-Ann Wymore Email: fourwsatcomcastdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.o.4 won't load, uninstall or allow McAfee's Security Center to show Comments: See the summary Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; FunWebProducts; InfoPath.1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 1.1.4322) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

why I won't (can't) use firefox 3
Name: Christopher Olinde Email: agricolaeatverizondotnet Product: Firefox Summary: why I won't (can't) use firefox 3 Comments: I'm running windows vista on an HP desktop. I keep getting suggestions to upgrade to firefox 3. I tried, and it was a great mistake. It conflicted with my AVG program (I think) and I could not even uninstall either program. I was almost forced into a Recovery. Also, it will not work properly with Microsoft media player--I don't really like anything having to do with Bill Gates, but some of these programs are necessary to acces...

Firefox won't open and doesn't respond
Name: Victoria S Email: emitoriaatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Firefox won't open and doesn't respond Comments: I downloaded Firefox Beta version. Whenever I try to open Firefox, it does not open. I know I did not uninstall it, or move the program file, but after one time when I had several tabs open, Firefox continued to not respond, and eventually, I had to turn it off. However the nest time I tried to open Firefox, it did not open. No dialog box confirming error, or crash Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; e...

YouTube won't run with Firefox
I'm having problems with YouTube. I cannot access the home page and get this message "Connection Interrupted The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading. The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again. Clicking on the "Try again" button does not work. I can access YouTube using Internet Explorer. Embedded YouTube videos on other websites such as List of the day.com are not working either with Firefox. cordicron@gmail.com wrote: > I'm having problems with YouTube. I can...

Button won't show in browser
I'm using VB .Net 2002 Standard edition and I went through the walkthrough example "Creating a Basic Web Forms Page" in the documentation. When I ran the code, the button control did not show on the page although the property was set to be visible. Why didn't the button show up? FAQ. ASP.NET is probably not properly installed on this machine. Find regiis_aspnet.exe in your windows directory and launch it from the command line with -i (regiis_aspnet -i).Bertrand----This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights....

Web resources about - Firefox won't show youtube - netscape.mozilla.browser