firefox saved login/passwords?

howdy,

is there a way to export my saved login/passwords?
i had a file called signons.txt that appeared to have that info
(encrypted) but when i copy it into a new install of firefox the
login/passwords don't show up in the saved password option.
or in the alternative - what file(s) do i need to copy from an old
profile into a new install to get the logins/passwords working?

ps  i had upgraded to 1.05 from 1.04 and have been having problems
with the new firefox hanging in the background.  so i uninstalled,
cleared the registry of firefox entries and reinstalled 1.04.  i have
copied the old profile, but prefer to start with a new fresh one with
just the website logins/passwords i've saved over the years.

thx
0
NeonJesus
7/15/2005 10:32:18 PM
netscape.mozilla.browser 4970 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 22:32:18 GMT, NeonJesus <whome@nospam.anon.com>
wrote:

>howdy,
>
>is there a way to export my saved login/passwords?
>i had a file called signons.txt that appeared to have that info
>(encrypted) but when i copy it into a new install of firefox the
>login/passwords don't show up in the saved password option.
>or in the alternative - what file(s) do i need to copy from an old
>profile into a new install to get the logins/passwords working?
>
>ps  i had upgraded to 1.05 from 1.04 and have been having problems
>with the new firefox hanging in the background.  so i uninstalled,
>cleared the registry of firefox entries and reinstalled 1.04.  i have
>copied the old profile, but prefer to start with a new fresh one with
>just the website logins/passwords i've saved over the years.
>
>thx

You should probably also copy over the "key3.db" from the old
profile in addition to the "signons.txt".

0
Ernie
7/16/2005 12:24:13 PM
On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 07:24:13 -0500, Ernie <user@invalid.domain> wrote:

>On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 22:32:18 GMT, NeonJesus <whome@nospam.anon.com>
>wrote:
>
>>howdy,
>>
>>is there a way to export my saved login/passwords?
>>i had a file called signons.txt that appeared to have that info
>>(encrypted) but when i copy it into a new install of firefox the
>>login/passwords don't show up in the saved password option.
>>or in the alternative - what file(s) do i need to copy from an old
>>profile into a new install to get the logins/passwords working?

>You should probably also copy over the "key3.db" from the old
>profile in addition to the "signons.txt".

That worked!

Thank you very much :-)

0
NeonJesus
7/16/2005 3:26:28 PM
In article <bm9id15303d8i370m01b1d32cgr1fjvnse@4ax.com>,
whome@nospam.anon.com says...
> On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 07:24:13 -0500, Ernie <user@invalid.domain> wrote:
>
> >On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 22:32:18 GMT, NeonJesus <whome@nospam.anon.com>
> >wrote:
> >
> >>howdy,
> >>
> >>is there a way to export my saved login/passwords?
> >>i had a file called signons.txt that appeared to have that info
> >>(encrypted) but when i copy it into a new install of firefox the
> >>login/passwords don't show up in the saved password option.
> >>or in the alternative - what file(s) do i need to copy from an old
> >>profile into a new install to get the logins/passwords working?
>
> >You should probably also copy over the "key3.db" from the old
> >profile in addition to the "signons.txt".
>
> That worked!
>
> Thank you very much :-)

Also you can use the application "Mozilla backup".  It works great for
me and does encrypt and restore too.

--
Howard
0

Firefox,Mozilla Firefox,Firefox download,Mozilla Firefox download
Download Firefox Firefox,Mozilla Firefox,Firefox download,Mozilla Firefox download http://soft.topcities.com/Firefox.htm On 2006-11-28 20:04 (-0700 UTC), idownweb.com wrote: > Download Firefox > > Firefox,Mozilla Firefox,Firefox download,Mozilla Firefox download > > http://soft.topcities.com/Firefox.htm Mebbe it's just me, but isn't this kind of a silly place to spam with something like this? /b. -- 'There is caution, and there is irrational paranoia.' -- Ron Hunter Wow, now thats totally random. On 28 Nov 2006 19:04:38 -0800, ...

Saving Login and Password possible with mozilla mail?
I cant find a solution to save passwords for my mail-accounts in mozilla 1.6 Mail. Can anyone help me? Patrick And it came to pass that st.patrick wrote: > I cant find a solution to save passwords for my > mail-accounts in mozilla > 1.6 Mail. > > Can anyone help me? You should be able to check "remember password". Make sure that the Password Manager is enable. YOu do not enter the password in advance: the first time it is required, a window pops up, and you enter it and select "remember". -- Netscape/Mozilla FAQs: ...

Recovering and importing saved passwords & forms from Mozilla to Firefox
I've switched from Mozilla to Firefox. Love Firefox, but it will only import my bookmarks, not anything else. Is there some particular folder that I can find and copy to some subdirectory that has this information so I can import it? Thanks. ___________________________________________________ Camilla Cracchiolo Registered Nurse Los Angeles, California camilla4@mindspring.com webpage temporarily down Camilla Cracchiolo <camilla4@mindspring.com> wrote in news:a7o4m0d80rvsn0oq0dj4lvrphmq9dplit0@4ax.co...

Is firefox browser the primary browser of mozilla?
Is firefox browser the primary browser of mozilla? I read that this will or may already be the primary browser. Does that mean there are going to stop with Mozilla browsers? Also, I would like to know why? Greg Firefox is a stand alone browser based on the Mozilla code with Thunderbird being the stand alone e:mail application. What is usually referred to as Mozilla is not a browser or a e:mail application it is a suite of applications containing browser, e:mail application and page composer. As to weather it is likely to be discontinued I would not think so in the immediat...

Firefox 3 Beta 5 opens multiple saved password dialog windows when open new session of Firefox with multiple saved tabs when access the web through proxy server
Name: Vladimir Ilyash Email: fundamentatoratyahoodotcom Product: Gran Paradiso Summary: Firefox 3 Beta 5 opens multiple saved password dialog windows when open new session of Firefox with multiple saved tabs when access the web through proxy server Comments: When I access Firefox 3 Beta 5 through local proxy-server and open a new session of Firefox with multiple saved tabs it opens so many saved password dialog windows as there are tabs opened. So I need to click OK in every dialog window to allow access to proxy with saved credentials and load all saved tabs. Moreover, whene...

[Hendrix] Firefox 3 Beta 5 opens multiple saved password dialog windows when open new session of Firefox with multiple saved tabs when access the web through proxy server
Name: Vladimir Ilyash Email: fundamentatoratyahoodotcom Product: Gran Paradiso Summary: Firefox 3 Beta 5 opens multiple saved password dialog windows when open new session of Firefox with multiple saved tabs when access the web through proxy server Comments: When I access Firefox 3 Beta 5 through local proxy-server and open a new session of Firefox with multiple saved tabs it opens so many saved password dialog windows as there are tabs opened. So I need to click OK in every dialog window to allow access to proxy with saved credentials and load all saved tabs. Moreover, whene...

Saved Passwords: master password for hiding saved passwords but not for using them
Name: Josh Abbe Email: joshabbe2atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Saved Passwords: master password for hiding saved passwords but not for using them Comments: Hey Firefox, I love how you save my passwords for sites that I frequent. Under tools/options/security, I am able to view all of my passwords that I have saved for various sites. I have a few issues with this. First of all, the default is to just show all passwords to anyone who tries to see them. So, if my roommate uses firefox but doesnt know much about computers and just clicks "save my password ...

Clear Text Password Login Dialog Box (Save Password)
Hi, I'm just wondering if there is anyway the "Save Password" option in the login dialog box that appears in iexplorer can be disabled or made inactive during authentication. My apache server /novonx/doc folder requires authentication using Ldap but I didn't want users to be able to save their passwords in case they were not using there own machines. Can this type of functionality be enforced from Ldap / Apache on iExplorer during login. Many Thanks, David David_Parker@partech.com wrote: > Hi, > > I'm just wondering if there is anyw...

Using Firefox or Mozilla Firefox as application name of web browser in Linux
Hi, Linux distributions like Fedora, Ubuntu and Suse use "Firefox" as the application name in their application menus(like this[1]). So, using just "Firefox" instead of "Mozilla Firefox" as the application name, legally valid or is this a legal issue about trademarks? As a Linux distribution (Pardus Linux[2]), we are discussing about this and can not decide what to show our users about the name of the web browser (Firefox or Mozilla Firefox). What is the valid application name to use in menus? Cheers. [1] http://www.linewbie.com/upload/linewbie.com...

FireFox no saving Passwords.
What do I need to set in about config in FF2.0.0.11 to make FF save passwords. It will abide by passwords already entered but if you change a password and the remove the listing to reset It won't save the password. No problems in SM 1.1.7 -- ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Phillip M. Jones, CET http://www.vpea.org If it's "fixed", don't "break it"! mailto:pjones@kimbanet.com http://www.kimbanet.com/~pjones/default.htm Mac G4-500, OSX.3.9...

Mozilla Firefox Browser
Hi all, is there a newsgroup for Mozilla Firefox browser support? I installed the latest Firefox update and it behaves weird so I had to uninstall and go back to the earlier version so I want to ask some questions to see if I can get the later version to work correctly. Thanks for any advice in advance. On Fri, 12 Aug 2011 10:38:05 +1000, in message <17t847l3gi9k2e2783gpfe7peb8bk77d6v@4ax.com> Mastic wrote: > Hi all, is there a newsgroup for Mozilla Firefox browser support? Yes. Use the news server news.mozilla.org and subscribe to the newsgroup mozilla.support.firefo...

Mozilla Firefox Browser
--____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Hi, Will Novell be improving the support for Mozilla Firefox, we are moving to it away from Explorer to Mozilla as it is cross Platform and has less vunerabilities. With Novells BIG moves into linux and open desktops and servers I thought it would be a natural move.... Any comments from the Novell people, any other browser you recommend? Thanks, Allen --____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____WHPEPQYSAQXEHDGESJXG____" --____WHPEPQYSAQXEHDGESJXG____ Content-T...

About firefox-Mozilla browser
Name: Donald Rispens (Elvin) Email: donaldrispensathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: About firefox-Mozilla browser Comments: Dear friends, I am very occupied on several forum-sites where I post background- music within my artistical postings such as in the following example : <BGSOUND SRC="http://elvin.myphotos.cc/otherfiles/talliscanon.mid"> In the internet explorer, this script is working in a perfect way, but in the firefox mozilla-browser, neither in the netscape-browser it works. That is also the reason that I avoid these other browsers although...

Mozilla Firefox Browser
Name: H. Baker, Jr Email: baker_h_at_bellsouth.net Product: Other (please state) Summary: Mozilla Firefox Browser Comments: I have not been able to get the adobe free reader to work within Mozilla browser; not even when I use the browser to go adobe's website and follow the directions there for the reader download. Can anyone help me? H. Baker P.S. I can use the old Microsoft browser, but am trying to get away form monopoly. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.6) Gecko/20060728 Firefox/1.5.0.6 ...

Web resources about - firefox saved login/passwords? - netscape.mozilla.browser

Password strength - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Password strength is a measure of the effectiveness of a password in resisting guessing and brute-force attacks. In its usual form, it estimates ...

California Employers, College Administrators Can’t Ask For Facebook Passwords
As the link between Facebook usage and work comes under closer scrutiny, several states have made it a law that employers cannot request social ...

Protecting Your Passwords and Your Privacy
Facebook and Privacy hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel Protecting Your Passwords and Your Privacy geschrieben. Du kannst den vollständigen Text hier ...

New Facebook Security Features: One-Time Passwords, Security Info
Facebook has launched two new security features to help users stay in control of their accounts. Users can now receive a one-time password from ...

Google trials replacing passwords with smartphones
Tech giant is trialling password-less account login with select users.

Researchers confirm backdoor password in Juniper firewall code
The Juniper NetScreen 5200, one of the firewalls that carries the backdoor code inserted into Juniper's ScreenOS. On December 17, Juniper Networks ...

Generate passwords you can actually remember with WordCreator
It’s important to use strong passwords to secure web accounts, and there are plenty of free generators around to help. But most produce random ...

Google is testing a bold new idea for killing passwords
Google wants to see passwords die just as much as the rest of us do, which is why it's spent years coming up with wild experiments for new protocols ...

Google tests password-free logins
Google has confirmed it is testing a way for users to log in to its services using just their smartphone and no password.

Google tries again to kill the password, tests new auth idea via your phone
Google is testing a new authentication method. In a bid to get rid of the password, la GOOG will instead pop up a prompt on your phone, asking ...