Firefox is mangling the WM_NAME property

I have a script that monitors the WM_NAME property of applications.  Firefo=
x is mangling this property with encoded multiple tab titles.  For example,=
 rather than a simple string identifying this as Firefox, you get something=
 like:

WM_NAME(COMPOUND_TEXT) =3D 0x57, 0x68, 0x61, 0x74, 0x3f, 0x73, 0x20, 0x74, =
0x68, 0x65, 0x20, 0x4d, 0x61, 0x74, 0x74, 0x65, 0x72, 0x20, 0x57, 0x69, 0x7=
4, 0x68, 0x20, 0x56, 0x61, 0x73, 0x73, 0x61, 0x72, 0x3f, 0x20, 0x2d, 0x20, =
0x42, 0x79, 0x20, 0x53, 0x74, 0x61, 0x6e, 0x6c, 0x65, 0x79, 0x20, 0x4b, 0x7=
5, 0x72, 0x74, 0x7a, 0x20, 0x2d, 0x20, 0x54, 0x68, 0x65, 0x20, 0x43, 0x6f, =
0x72, 0x6e, 0x65, 0x72, 0x20, 0x2d, 0x20, 0x4e, 0x61, 0x74, 0x69, 0x6f, 0x6=
e, 0x61, 0x6c, 0x20, 0x52, 0x65, 0x76, 0x69, 0x65, 0x77, 0x20, 0x4f, 0x6e, =
0x6c, 0x69, 0x6e, 0x65, 0x20, 0x2d, 0x20, 0x4d, 0x6f, 0x7a, 0x69, 0x6c, 0x6=
c, 0x61, 0x20, 0x46, 0x69, 0x72, 0x65, 0x66, 0x6f, 0x78

Is there any way to force Firefox to set and leave WM_NAME alone?

Thanks.
0
cjsmall
4/4/2013 4:49:04 PM
netscape.mozilla.browser 4970 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Firefox,Mozilla Firefox,Firefox download,Mozilla Firefox download
Download Firefox Firefox,Mozilla Firefox,Firefox download,Mozilla Firefox download http://soft.topcities.com/Firefox.htm On 2006-11-28 20:04 (-0700 UTC), idownweb.com wrote: > Download Firefox > > Firefox,Mozilla Firefox,Firefox download,Mozilla Firefox download > > http://soft.topcities.com/Firefox.htm Mebbe it's just me, but isn't this kind of a silly place to spam with something like this? /b. -- 'There is caution, and there is irrational paranoia.' -- Ron Hunter Wow, now thats totally random. On 28 Nov 2006 19:04:38 -0800, ...

Is firefox browser the primary browser of mozilla?
Is firefox browser the primary browser of mozilla? I read that this will or may already be the primary browser. Does that mean there are going to stop with Mozilla browsers? Also, I would like to know why? Greg Firefox is a stand alone browser based on the Mozilla code with Thunderbird being the stand alone e:mail application. What is usually referred to as Mozilla is not a browser or a e:mail application it is a suite of applications containing browser, e:mail application and page composer. As to weather it is likely to be discontinued I would not think so in the immediat...

Using Firefox or Mozilla Firefox as application name of web browser in Linux
Hi, Linux distributions like Fedora, Ubuntu and Suse use "Firefox" as the application name in their application menus(like this[1]). So, using just "Firefox" instead of "Mozilla Firefox" as the application name, legally valid or is this a legal issue about trademarks? As a Linux distribution (Pardus Linux[2]), we are discussing about this and can not decide what to show our users about the name of the web browser (Firefox or Mozilla Firefox). What is the valid application name to use in menus? Cheers. [1] http://www.linewbie.com/upload/linewbie.com...

Mozilla Firefox Browser
I attempted to test the web parts control yesterday and feel like Mozilla FireFox is not supporting it. :) I tried to drag one of the Web Part Zone and nothing happens.  I test it on IE and it works. really want to know if there should be a component, addins, etc. to be added to my firefox browser as it is my preffered browser. Is there any "simple tricks" in this? Thanks!-CLIPER ------------------------------------------------Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own commo...

About firefox-Mozilla browser
Name: Donald Rispens (Elvin) Email: donaldrispensathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: About firefox-Mozilla browser Comments: Dear friends, I am very occupied on several forum-sites where I post background- music within my artistical postings such as in the following example : <BGSOUND SRC="http://elvin.myphotos.cc/otherfiles/talliscanon.mid"> In the internet explorer, this script is working in a perfect way, but in the firefox mozilla-browser, neither in the netscape-browser it works. That is also the reason that I avoid these other browsers although...

Mozilla Firefox Browser
Name: H. Baker, Jr Email: baker_h_at_bellsouth.net Product: Other (please state) Summary: Mozilla Firefox Browser Comments: I have not been able to get the adobe free reader to work within Mozilla browser; not even when I use the browser to go adobe's website and follow the directions there for the reader download. Can anyone help me? H. Baker P.S. I can use the old Microsoft browser, but am trying to get away form monopoly. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.6) Gecko/20060728 Firefox/1.5.0.6 ...

Mozilla Firefox Browser
Name: Ahtesham Email: ehteshamdotpkatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Mozilla Firefox Browser Comments: Dear sir, I am using firefox internet browser, it's the very best and secure. i appreciate it with my heart. but i want to suggest mozilla company that please launch mozilla firefox for S60 like Nokia N70 mobile Phones or other java based mobile Phones.because Opera internet browser is available on the web or market but mozilla is not available.i shall wait your reply. Best of luck Thanks and Regards, Ahtesham Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; ...

Mozilla Firefox Browser
Hi all, is there a newsgroup for Mozilla Firefox browser support? I installed the latest Firefox update and it behaves weird so I had to uninstall and go back to the earlier version so I want to ask some questions to see if I can get the later version to work correctly. Thanks for any advice in advance. On Fri, 12 Aug 2011 10:38:05 +1000, in message <17t847l3gi9k2e2783gpfe7peb8bk77d6v@4ax.com> Mastic wrote: > Hi all, is there a newsgroup for Mozilla Firefox browser support? Yes. Use the news server news.mozilla.org and subscribe to the newsgroup mozilla.support.firefo...

Is Firefox the browser in Mozilla?
-- Raymond Kennington Programming Solutions TeamW2W (InfoPower) Raymond Kennington wrote: > Is Firefox the browser in Mozilla? Firefox and Mozilla are /almost/ completely the same in terms of page display and networking code. They are two separate browsers, though, and and have different UIs and some different features. In? If I understand you correctly, No. The Mozilla Suite (Also called Seamonkey) uses Gecko to display web pages. FireFox also uses Gecko to display web pages. It's just the interface that's different. ...

Mozilla Firefox Browser
--____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Hi, Will Novell be improving the support for Mozilla Firefox, we are moving to it away from Explorer to Mozilla as it is cross Platform and has less vunerabilities. With Novells BIG moves into linux and open desktops and servers I thought it would be a natural move.... Any comments from the Novell people, any other browser you recommend? Thanks, Allen --____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____WHPEPQYSAQXEHDGESJXG____" --____WHPEPQYSAQXEHDGESJXG____ Content-T...

Problem in Mozilla Firefox browser
Hi! I have a problem viewing my web layout on Mozilla Firefox, it seems that my layout looks good in IE but when i view it on Mozilla it is all messed up... need your reply and suggestions guys...By the way I'm using layers on my layout not tables, so what is more likely to used in creating a layout tables or layers...  You'll have to post the HTML and the related stylesheet. Only then can anyone help you fix it up.Regards,PrashantDont forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. My suggestion is, try to be more specific on your HTML control&n...

Bookmarks in Mozilla Firefox browser
23/Dec/2005 13:37 RE: Bookmarks in Mozilla Firefox browser keep scrolling... The bookmarks usually go up or down. How can I make the function go only where I want it to? Thank you, Barry Karas ...

Mozilla Firefox 32 bit, Mozilla Firefox 64 bit
Name: Patrick Dreier Email: patrickdotdreieratmymaildotch Product: Firefox Summary: Mozilla Firefox 32 bit, Mozilla Firefox 64 bit Comments: Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren! Könnt Ihr bitte ein Mozilla Firefox für Windows XP Professional 32 bit: Mozilla_Firefox_wxp_x86_Setup_2_0_0_13.exe und einen Mozilla Firefox für Windows XP Professional 64 bit: Mozilla_Firefox_wxp_x64_Setup_2_0_0_13.exe programmieren! Hochachtungsvoll! Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) ...

MOZILLA FIREFOX BROWSER #3
Name: Mike Burke Email: design_at_signmethods.com Product: Mozilla Suite Summary: MOZILLA FIREFOX BROWSER Comments: I downloaded Mozilla. No problems. I viewed websites for weeks. No problems. One day, I come to work and NONE of the images show in MOZILLA. it shows the placeholder icons with no images. I view WEBSITES in Mozilla, and the SAME problem, no images. What gives. How do I fix it. I went into the CONTROL PANEL of my PC and click DEFAULT on the INTERNET options to make sure all is well. Help. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows ...

Web resources about - Firefox is mangling the WM_NAME property - netscape.mozilla.browser

Filename mangling - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The process of filename mangling , in computing , involves a re-writing of the file name for compatibility at the operating system level. It ...

Aunty got burnt by mangling the message
Coalition resentment about the national broadcaster has simmered for years.

Mangling A Myth, Ctd
Readers continue to sound off on Peter Jackson’s The Desolation Of Smaug : Charm is an essential secret to The Hobbit , and to some extent The ...

‘Mad Max: Fury Road’ Review: Feminism and Metal Mangling Done Right
Mad Max (Tom Hardy) has truly gone mad. Groomed like a caveman, and seemingly able to communicate only in grunts; figuratively, our Road Warrior ...

Former Lesbian Professor Says Leaving LGBT Community Had 'Horrible, Mangling Impact'
A former lesbian professor once contemptuous of Christianity has stated that leaving the LGBT community had a "horrible, mangling impact."

'Tis the season for mangling Christmas phrases (+video)
The holiday season offers revelers countless opportunities to stumble over archaic English phrases, unlikely homonyms, and unexamined carol lyrics. ...

Octodad: Dadliest Catch is mangling hands on the Xbox One next week
I dislocated a finger playing Octodad. It popped straight out while I was trying to tentacle my way around an aquarium. Allow my plight to be ...

Trade talks: Mangling trade - The Economist
SUNGLASSES, hairbrushes, picks, hoes, nuts and bolts—this is just a sampling of the goods China is alleged to have dumped on the markets of manufacturing ...

Key Senator Blasts White House For Mangling Syria Message
One of the Senate's most powerful Democrats has some advice for top Obama administration officials: take your collective feet out of your collective ...

Free money, numptys and mangling – the forex scandal in its own words
Even while many of their banks were being investigated for rigging benchmark interest rates, traders carried on cheating clients as if nothing ...