FF 20 problem

After a malware scareware episode I ran several Antivirus tools that all
showed no infections. I also ran Ccleaner.
Now what happens is that if  I am on a page that has images and html content
on it all seems OK.

If, however, if there is link on that page that would take me to a second
page that second page opens in plain text only.

Somewhere in all the Firefox menus some option that should have been
selected is no longer selected. (I guess)

The OS is Win7.

Trying to find a solution on the FF support pages is an exercise in
futility.

Help will be appreciated.

Thanks, Charlie

0
Charlie
5/18/2013 2:49:24 PM
netscape.mozilla.browser 4970 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Charlie wrote:

>After a malware scareware episode I ran several Antivirus tools that all showed no infections. I also ran Ccleaner.
>Now what happens is that if  I am on a page that has images and html content on it all seems OK.
>
>If, however, if there is link on that page that would take me to a second page that second page opens in plain text only.
>
>Somewhere in all the Firefox menus some option that should have been selected is no longer selected. (I guess)
>
>The OS is Win7.
>
>Trying to find a solution on the FF support pages is an exercise in futility.

Have you tried a Firefox Reset?
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/reset-firefox-easily-fix-most-problems

--
Warning: May contain traces of nuts.
0

Mozilla browser problems
Does anyone know how to make the Mozilla browser use a helper application on a filetype which can be handled by an installed plugin? Also, how does one get Mozilla to show a hover colour for text links? "F.C." wrote: > > Does anyone know how to make the Mozilla browser use a helper application on > a filetype which can be handled by an installed plugin? > Also, how does one get Mozilla to show a hover colour for text links? Maybe a better place to ask such a specific Mozilla question would be their newsgroups? Sorry I use 4.79 but don't have a clue...

Problems building Mozilla browser (CVS Version)
Hi! I've problems to build the mozilla browser in the cygwin environment. My system is Windows XP, so I want to build the Windows version. My mozconfig file contains the following lines: =============================================================== export BUILD_OFFICIAL=1 export MOZILLA_OFFICIAL=1 ac_add_options --disable-shared ac_add_options --disable-optimize --disable-debug mk_add_options MOZ_OBJDIR=/c/mozilla-build/mozilla/builds/obj- @CONFIG_GUESS@ mk_add_options MOZ_BUILD_PROJECTS="browser" mk_add_options MOZ_CO_PROJECT="browser" ac_add_app_o...

problem with new FF browser
Name: Shadow Email: stoogekittyathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: problem with new FF browser Comments: I have Windows Vista. Last week, I got the new updater for FF. the 2.0.0.15. I have been suffering with this error diagnostic that says, "Trying to load a non-local url." Each time I need to open a new window on my browser, I have to suffer through with closing this. Please advise. Also, please remind me how one closes a pop-up, even though the pop-up blocker is enabled... for a pop-up that's "embedded" in a website. Thanks. S....

Problem in Mozilla Firefox browser
Hi! I have a problem viewing my web layout on Mozilla Firefox, it seems that my layout looks good in IE but when i view it on Mozilla it is all messed up... need your reply and suggestions guys...By the way I'm using layers on my layout not tables, so what is more likely to used in creating a layout tables or layers...  You'll have to post the HTML and the related stylesheet. Only then can anyone help you fix it up.Regards,PrashantDont forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. My suggestion is, try to be more specific on your HTML control&n...

Mozilla FF upgrade problem
Yesterday I upgraded my FF to v 1.5.0.8. I have few extensions installed in my FF. Previously I had no problem with thiese extensions. But since yesterday everytime I open FF I get a pop up window box stating "checking for compatibility of update to your extensions". Is it going to run everytime I start FF or is there any way of disabling it? Regards. Jag Chan wrote: > Yesterday I upgraded my FF to v 1.5.0.8. > I have few extensions installed in my FF. > Previously I had no problem with thiese extensions. > But since yesterday everytime I open FF I get a p...

Problem with Mozilla Firefox browser
I'm facing a problem I think which is caused by tabbed document concept of Mozilla Firefox or Opera browser. When I login to my application using Mozilla Browser, and then open a new tab at the same browser login with a different user id, the previous session is replaced by the new session. I've found that this problem is common to any tabbed document at mozilla. Do anybody have any solution about this? Regards, Sultan     I think there is no way to solve this issue. For those muti-thread browser, like firefox, maxthon, each tab in a window shares the same session. That's ...

How can I get out of my Mozilla's browser the Winamp browser and get back the Google's or Mozilla's browser.
Please I have got to my browser ( I don't know how.) the Winamp browser he behave like virus stick in.But he doesn't has uninstalation section so I can't do anything to get him away from Mozilla's file. I'm not happy of Winamp's behave its like advertisement against a customer's will. Please is there any way to get him away from Mozilla?Please send me exact direction I have tried many ways but he is deeply inside the systeme so when I install new Mozilla he is always here ready to pester me. Thank you for an answer. Richard ...

Problems with Wyzo browser using Mozilla.
Name: Ty Evans Email: tsedotucdot11atgmaildotcom Product: Other (please state) Summary: Problems with Wyzo browser using Mozilla. Comments: Hello, We tried contacting Wyzo to report a problem, but not even their server works. Nothing we tried in order to reach them works. Their browser has serious issues, including the failure of Java to work on Wyzo. None of the problems occur on Firefox, SeaMonkey, or Flock. They all work great. The problems are just with Wyzo. Wyzo.s bug reporting feature does not work either, even though they have a contact and bug reporting f...

problem in GAIL with MOZILLA FIREFOX BROWSER
Name: prasad Product: Firefox Summary: problem in GAIL with MOZILLA FIREFOX BROWSER Comments: we are not able to open GMAIL A/c with MOZILLA FIRE FOX where as we can open the same with IE browser as basic HTML viewpp Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1) Gecko/20061010 Firefox/2.0 ...

Problem with website links in Mozilla FF
Name: Mary Vastola Email: contactatpvsoapdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Problem with website links in Mozilla FF Comments: My site works fine in all browsers except MFF. Used MS Frontpage 8 yrs ago to build it, but when viewed in MFF, the links and some of the dynamic script do not function. Is there a way to fix the code. Website is www.pvsoap.com Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; Media Center PC 4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Problem while opening mozilla browser with an url
Hi, My aim is to set an url in the address bar, after mozilla browser is launched successfully. I tried this piece of code in my component, nsCOMPtr<nsIWindowWatcher> windowWatcher = do_GetService(NS_WINDOWWATCHER_CONTRACTID, &rv); nsCOMPtr<nsIDOMWindow> newWindow; char* urlstr = "http://arc-server/"; windowWatcher->OpenWindow(0,urlstr,"_blank","chrome,dialog=no,all",nsnull,getter_AddRefs(newWindow); Following runtime error was thrown ###!!! ASSERTION: You can't dereference a NULL nsCOMPtr with operator->().: '...

Mozilla browser problem
Mozilla browser problem - Pls help I am not technical. I have a recently purchased Windows XP Toshiba laptop with Intel processor I have been using Mozilla Firefox Browser for quite a while..no problems... now all of a sudden this is happening... My screen FREEZES and it says Mozilla is not responding I deleted the Browser software and downloaded it again...but I still have the same problem. can anyone pls help me ? Thanks in advance Kim kimshapiro100@yahoo.com wrote: > Mozilla browser problem - Pls help > > I am not technical. > > I have ...

FF PR1 problem with browser-based editors...
I am trying to use a browser based editor with FF, but for some reason it seems not to work with PR1. I have tried 3 different online editors. Is this only my installation of FF?? An example of such an editor is here: http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/examples/example_simple.htm So questoion is: With FF pr1, are you able to type text into the boxes or edit the text that is in the boxes? TIA csx csx wrote: > I am trying to use a browser based editor with FF, but for some reason it > seems not to work with PR1. I have tried 3 different online editors. Is > this only my inst...

Problems, problems, problems
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: Problems, problems, problems Comments: I use FF all the time for work - I'm a software tester - the add-ons are invaluable. But v3.5 really has been a disappointment. It just keeps hanging all the time. And when Internet Explorer windows pop up, FF often just dies. It can't even restart itself - I have to manually kill the process every time; every update, every add-on that updates, "restart" fails - it's so frustrating. I hope v3.6 will be addressing this - PLEASE! Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7....

Web resources about - FF 20 problem - netscape.mozilla.browser

Refugee crisis: Germany has a problem
GERMANY is a country on edge.

Star Wars and the problem with perfection
Building a truly iconic story like Star Wars is a bit of alchemy, requiring unpredictable lightning strikes of creativity. You can't do it over ...

The Suns biggest problem? Their players aren't good enough
The Phoenix Suns scapegoated two of their assistant coaches for their struggles, but the bottom line is, they don't have enough talent to compete. ...

Valve explains: DDoS-induced caching problem led to Xmas Day Steam data leaks and downtime
PC gamers were dismayed on Christmas Day to find that Valve's popular (and arguably essential) Steam store had gone haywire before becoming entirely ...

Fullsize GM SUVs have a problem that's making owners sick
Filed under: Cadillac , Chevrolet , GM , GMC , Safety , SUV A buffeting and vibration problem for some owners of GM's fullsize SUVs can be bad ...

First admitting there is a problem by @BloggersRUs
First admitting there is a problem by Tom Sullivan Nancy LeTourneau at Political Animal wrote yesterday about the crisis of confidence in the ...

GOP Establishment Has No Problem with Hillary Win, Won’t Address the Clintons’ War on Women
Breitbart News' John Nolte had a perceptive piece this weekend on the GOP Establishment having no desire to beat Hillary Clinton or elect Donald ...

How Facebook engineers cleverly hacked their way around a time-wasting problem with Oculus
Facebook programmers had a problem. They were working on developing games and experiences for virtual reality, by way of Facebook's own Oculus ...

December 2015: Unofficial Problem Bank list declines to 250 Institutions, Q4 2015 Transition Matrix
This is an unofficial list of Problem Banks compiled only from public sources. Here is the unofficial problem bank list for December 2015. Changes ...