Can't import bookmarks

Hi all,

Using FF 15.0.1 on a W7 64b system. Previously used the same version of
FF on XP 32b. I copied the content from the old system (E:\Documents and
Settings\xxxx\Application
Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\wjshytj0.default) to the new system
(C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\djbz3oo0.default).
  I tried to import the bookmarks but it won't work. It says: "Unable to
process the backup file." Also tried to export the bookmarks separately,
same result. Tried to export the bookmarks as an HTML-file and tried to
import that, nothing happened.

What can I do to obtain the bookmarks from my old system?

Fokke Nauta
0
Fokke
9/16/2012 11:25:26 AM
netscape.mozilla.browser 4970 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On 16/09/2012 13:25, Fokke Nauta wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Using FF 15.0.1 on a W7 64b system. Previously used the same version of
> FF on XP 32b. I copied the content from the old system (E:\Documents and
> Settings\xxxx\Application
> Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\wjshytj0.default) to the new system
> (C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\djbz3oo0.default).
>   I tried to import the bookmarks but it won't work. It says: "Unable to
> process the backup file." Also tried to export the bookmarks separately,
> same result. Tried to export the bookmarks as an HTML-file and tried to
> import that, nothing happened.
>
> What can I do to obtain the bookmarks from my old system?
>
> Fokke Nauta

Never mind.
Sorry for posting.

Fokke
0
Fokke

How can I get out of my Mozilla's browser the Winamp browser and get back the Google's or Mozilla's browser.
Please I have got to my browser ( I don't know how.) the Winamp browser he behave like virus stick in.But he doesn't has uninstalation section so I can't do anything to get him away from Mozilla's file. I'm not happy of Winamp's behave its like advertisement against a customer's will. Please is there any way to get him away from Mozilla?Please send me exact direction I have tried many ways but he is deeply inside the systeme so when I install new Mozilla he is always here ready to pester me. Thank you for an answer. Richard ...

Can't upgrade browser, can't use myspace
Name: Jeff Email: safereturnatmindspringdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Can't upgrade browser, can't use myspace Comments: I have an old computer and cannot upgrade to the latest version of firefox and myspace is forcing this upgrade to acccess my myspace page. How about myspace and mozilla make it easy on us with older computers. Please solve this problem. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.8.1.20) Gecko/20081217 Firefox/2.0.0.20 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to th...

Can't install Email-Send & Can't access Bugzilla in Browser
Hi All I am facing this problem for many days now and actually am stuck at this point can somebody please help me in resolving this (platform is Windows Server 2003, perl 5.8.8, Apache 2.2.4) 1) When I runchecksetup.pl command it give me error that Email Send and Emil MIME Modifier are not installed ..... I followed the instructions and run the commands but am unable to install these two C:\Bugzilla\bugzilla-3.0>ppm install Email-Send Downloading ActiveState Package Repository packlist...not modified Downloading theory58S packlist...redirect Downloading theory58S packlist...

Can't right click on bookmark toolbar links, can't move them either.
Name: Daniel Felton Email: danieldotjandotfeltonatgmaildotcom Product: Minefield Summary: Can't right click on bookmark toolbar links, can't move them either. Comments: When I right click on shortcuts on my bookmarks toolbar nothing happens, and I can no longer drag and drop them to re-arrange their order like I could in FF2. I have encountered this in both the mac version and the windows version. It seems a lot of work to have to open the 'organise bookmarks' interface just to re-arrange shortcuts in my bookmark toolbar, and to not be able to right click the...

Bookmark sidebar can't expand 'Bookmarks Menu' at will
Name: Simon Eden Email: sidotedenatgamildotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Bookmark sidebar can't expand 'Bookmarks Menu' at will Comments: Having opened bookmark sidebar I'm given 2 menus 'Bookmarks Toolbar' and 'Bookmarks Menu' plus 'Unsorted Bookmarks' Clicking, either single or double, on the little horizontal arrows does nothing. If I close the side bar and open it up again then the bookmark sub folders are displayed. But I can not collapse the menus. If I click the arrows and close/open the side bar then the menus...

My markers can't be placed first, and "Toolbar bookmarks" can't be deleted/moved.
Name: Sergio Hernandez Email: sergioathcsoftdotnet Product: Gran Paradiso Summary: My markers can't be placed first, and "Toolbar bookmarks" can't be deleted/moved. Comments: I used to have my own bookmarks first, but now there is another folder with "Toolbar bookmarks" (translated from Spnish). I can't place mine first, and I can move or delete this new folder. If I try to move it, it clones and the new cloned one is, again, indestructible... very annoying, now i have 3 of them, an infection!!! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windo...

can't import bookmarks
Name: Aaron Reed Email: aaronr_at_us.ibm.com Product: Minefield Summary: can't import bookmarks Comments: I can't import bookmarks that were exported by Firefox 1.5. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20060726 Minefield/3.0a1 ...

can't import bookmarks
I use Firefox 21.0 on my old Windows XP machine but recently installed Firefox 36.0.4 on my new Windows 7 machine. I backed up my profile from the old Firefox and restored it to the new one. No problem. I recently made several changes to Firefox 21.0 so backed up the profile again and restored it to Firefox 36.0.4. This time, however, the bookmarks didn't show up. I tried backing them up separately and restoring them, and I tried importing the html file. Nothing has worked. No bookmarks show up. What do I do now? -- Thank you, Jo-Anne On 4/5/2015 8:06 PM, Jo-Ann...

can't import bookmarks
Name: Kari Kotilainen Email: karidotkotilainenatpelastusopistodotfi Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: can't import bookmarks Comments: when i save bookmarks (bookmatk.htm) from other pc and copy bookmark.htm file to my pc, i can't import bookmark to Firefox. can you fix it? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; fi; rv:1.9b4) Gecko/2008030714 Firefox/3.0b4 ...

Can't see VC2003 COM/plugins but can see VC++ 6 plugins in mozilla browser
Hi, All: I am porting a number of IE activeX control to Mozilla browsers by use of XPCOM. Our activeX com controls are written using either Visual C++ 6 or Visual C++ 2003. I like to merge xpcom C++ codes with activeX com control code which was written from visual C++ 2003. Merging two piceces of codes helps us easily distribute dlls. However, I have met a problem that firefox can see the plugin written from Visual C++ 6, but the plugin merged with Visual C++ 2003 and activeX com control can not be seen from firefox. I have worked with the problem for more than 10 hours, but...

Web resources about - Can't import bookmarks - netscape.mozilla.browser