Bookmarks: XP Seamonkey to Vista Seamonkey

I'm thoroughly confused
Have copied the requisite XP file:
C\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application
data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\gobbledeguk.slt
onto a thumbdrive.
Installed thumbdrive in new Vista PC.
PC sees file.  Transferred file.
Seamonkey does not see file in current location.
Should I be doing an import with Seamonkey directly from the thumb
drive?
I can't even find the proper place for Owner file, and security says I
can't get into Application data file, even though I am the
Administrator and the sole user of the PC.
Where does Vista/Seamonkey think this file should be on Vista?
Then - do I do it (whatever "it" turns out to be) again for Firefox
when 3.0 comes out next Tuesday.
Help please
TIA
  /c/ Confused

0
Roy
6/13/2008 9:44:56 PM
netscape.mozilla.browser 4970 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Roy Starrin wrote:
> I'm thoroughly confused
> Have copied the requisite XP file:
> C\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application
> data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\gobbledeguk.slt
> onto a thumbdrive.
> Installed thumbdrive in new Vista PC.
> PC sees file.  Transferred file.
> Seamonkey does not see file in current location.
> Should I be doing an import with Seamonkey directly from the thumb
> drive?
> I can't even find the proper place for Owner file, and security says I
> can't get into Application data file, even though I am the
> Administrator and the sole user of the PC.
> Where does Vista/Seamonkey think this file should be on Vista?
> Then - do I do it (whatever "it" turns out to be) again for Firefox
> when 3.0 comes out next Tuesday.
> Help please
> TIA
>   /c/ Confused

you think you're confuse, try me.  I have no idea what it is
you're trying to do.  You subject line says one thing and
you talk about another.  If you're using SM, then why do you
want FF 3 when it comes out?

help!!!! Emails to me may become public

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
0
Peter
6/13/2008 10:08:23 PM
Roy Starrin wrote:

>Where does Vista/Seamonkey think this file should be on Vista?

I believe Vista puts it in C:\Users\<name>\Application
Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\<random>.slt

--
Warning: May contain traces of nuts.
0
<peter.potamus.the.purple.hippo@gmail.com> wrote:

>Roy Starrin wrote:
>> I'm thoroughly confused
>> Have copied the requisite XP file:
>> C\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application
>> data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\gobbledeguk.slt
>> onto a thumbdrive.
>> Installed thumbdrive in new Vista PC.
>> PC sees file.  Transferred file.
>> Seamonkey does not see file in current location.
>> Should I be doing an import with Seamonkey directly from the thumb
>> drive?
>> I can't even find the proper place for Owner file, and security says I
>> can't get into Application data file, even though I am the
>> Administrator and the sole user of the PC.
>> Where does Vista/Seamonkey think this file should be on Vista?
>> Then - do I do it (whatever "it" turns out to be) again for Firefox
>> when 3.0 comes out next Tuesday.
>> Help please
>> TIA
>>   /c/ Confused
>
>you think you're confuse, try me.  I have no idea what it is
>you're trying to do.  You subject line says one thing and
>you talk about another.  If you're using SM, then why do you
>want FF 3 when it comes out?

I am trying to copy the Seamonkey bookmark file currently resident in
the XP PC to a similar installation in the Vista PC.  I am having
trouble finding the place to park the file where the Vista SM can find
it and use it.
I don't find it unusal to have more than one browser on a PC.  E.G. my
new PC already has 2; IE which i will not use, and SM, which I am
trying to make useable.  It will gain FireFox 3.0 when it is
available.
Anyhoo, I hope that clarifies it.  You have provided invaluable advice
to help me resolve my problems in the past, and I am hoping that you
can again.
TIA
   starrin

0
Roy
6/14/2008 2:01:21 PM
Roy Starrin wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 15:08:23 -0700, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
> <peter.potamus.the.purple.hippo@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Roy Starrin wrote:
>>> I'm thoroughly confused
>>> Have copied the requisite XP file:
>>> C\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application
>>> data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\gobbledeguk.slt
>>> onto a thumbdrive.
>>> Installed thumbdrive in new Vista PC.
>>> PC sees file.  Transferred file.
>>> Seamonkey does not see file in current location.
>>> Should I be doing an import with Seamonkey directly from the thumb
>>> drive?
>>> I can't even find the proper place for Owner file, and security says I
>>> can't get into Application data file, even though I am the
>>> Administrator and the sole user of the PC.
>>> Where does Vista/Seamonkey think this file should be on Vista?
>>> Then - do I do it (whatever "it" turns out to be) again for Firefox
>>> when 3.0 comes out next Tuesday.
>>> Help please
>>> TIA
>>>   /c/ Confused
>> you think you're confuse, try me.  I have no idea what it is
>> you're trying to do.  You subject line says one thing and
>> you talk about another.  If you're using SM, then why do you
>> want FF 3 when it comes out?
>
> I am trying to copy the Seamonkey bookmark file currently resident in
> the XP PC to a similar installation in the Vista PC.  I am having
> trouble finding the place to park the file where the Vista SM can find
> it and use it.
> I don't find it unusal to have more than one browser on a PC.  E.G. my
> new PC already has 2; IE which i will not use, and SM, which I am
> trying to make useable.  It will gain FireFox 3.0 when it is
> available.
> Anyhoo, I hope that clarifies it.  You have provided invaluable advice
> to help me resolve my problems in the past, and I am hoping that you
> can again.
> TIA
>    starrin

OK, not I understand.  There are a couple of ways of doing
this.  I will tell you the way I don't like, then the way I do.

Crap way: first of all the SM profile is hidden, and you
have to unhide window files.  For XP you can do that by
reading this:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/hiddenfiles.mspx

for vista, I have no idea.  Once you've unhidden window
files, then from SM mail, click on Edit, Mail & Newsgroup
Account Settings, select an account, and under Server
Settings, on the bottom right, you will see something called
Local Directory.  Look at that an you want upto the .slt
directory.  You bookmarks will reside in there.  The
bookmark file is called bookmarks.html.  Now, do the same
thing to locate vista, and take that bookmark file and copy
it over to vista.

The simple way of doing this, and this is what I do.  Create
a directory called Bookmarks.  Then from the browser, click
on Bookmarks, Manage Bookmarks, then from the bookmark
manager, click on Tools, Export and export the file as an
html file to that directory you just make.  Now, from Vista,
put create a directory called bookmarks, and place the
bookmark file there.  Then from SM on that machine, go into
the bookmark manager.  Once there, click on File, Open
Bookmark file, and locate that file.

help!!!! Emails to me may become public

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
0
Peter

Having problems with "Threads with Unread" in mozilla.support.seamonkey on news.mozilla.org in SeaMonkey v1.06.
Hello, I seem to have found another problem after uninstalling Mozilla v1.7.13 (kept my profiles and did not delete my Mozilla folder/directory to copy the extensions and plugins) and installing SeaMonkey v1.06 last night in Windows XP Pro. SP2 (all updates). 2 screen shots: http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/9589/mozillasupportseamonkeyec0.gif .... I can't seem to make "Threads with Unread" work in mozilla.support.seamonkey newsgroup on news.mozilla.org news server. I tried unsubscribing, resubscribing, changing options, compacting (compact if 100+ KB in se...

Importing Seamonkey to Seamonkey.
I'm sure it's simple. but I can't figure out how to import all settings, address book, bookmarks. accounts from one drive to another on the same Mac. I'm switching boot from one drive to another. Can you help? Thanks. John Sipos Broadcast talk journalist 727-432-1322 John Sipos wrote: > I'm sure it's simple. but I can't figure out how to import all settings, > address book, bookmarks. accounts from one drive to another on the same > Mac. I'm switching boot from one drive to another. Can you help? Thanks. > > John Sipos &...

On OS X, if I run Safari after SeaMonkey, all my SeaMonkey bookmarks disappear!
Name: Len Hatfield Email: len.hatfield_at_pacificir.org Product: SeaMonkey Summary: On OS X, if I run Safari after SeaMonkey, all my SeaMonkey bookmarks disappear! Comments: Running OS X 10.4.7, with current versions of Safari (2.04) and Sea Monkey (1.05), though this problem began cropping up several versions ago in Sea Monkey. Safari is not set to be my default browser--though Firefox is. Scenario: I use Sea Monkey mostly and have an extensive array of bookmarks in subfolders and subsubfolders, in the Personal Bookmark Bar folder, and elsewhere. Occasionally I need to ...

SeaMonkey
Sort of like 'Where's Waldo'[1] ... See how many clicks & pages it takes you to find the SeaMonkey pages. https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/ Nope. Not there. https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/products/ Nope. Not there. SeaMonkey isn't a "Product". Hint: You can indeed get to a page with SeaMonkey on it from there... see how easy it is for you to find it. When you do get to the page, SeaMonkey is spelled 'Seamonkey'. Not only do Mozilla dis SeaMonkey by hiding it three obscure pages in, but then they spell it with a lowercase 'm'. My we ...

Mozilla Seamonkey 2.1 Web Browser
The SeaMonkey Web Browser has been updated: http://www.seamonkey-project.org/ ...

Mozilla SeaMonkey 2.3.3 Web Browser
Release Notes: http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/seamonkey2.3/ Downloads: http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/ ...

Mozilla Seamonkey Web Browser 2.4.1
http://www.seamonkey-project.org/ Release Notes: http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/seamonkey2.4/ ...

Mozilla SeaMonkey 2.10.1 Web Browser
New SeaMonkey 2.10.1 http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/ ...

New Mozilla Seamonkey Web Browser 2.09
http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/seamonkey2.0.9/ Security, stability, and lots of bug fixes. default wrote: > http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/seamonkey2.0.9/ > > Security, stability, and lots of bug fixes. > > 2.0.10 is out. http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/seamonkey2.0.10/ A Security fix. Edmund "Ed" <ed@kdtc.net> wrote in message news:iada1m$h1u$1@news.grc.com... > default wrote: >> http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/seamonkey2.0.9/ >> >> Security, stability, and lots of ...

New Mozilla Seamonkey Web Browser 2.3
http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/ default wrote : > http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/ Thanks for the info. It's been a long time since I used this one, think I'll give it another whirl! ;-) -- Zo "Ladies, leave your clothes here and spend the afternoon having a good time." -- A sign in a laundry in Rome. Zo wrote: > default wrote : >> http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/ > > Thanks for the info. It's been a long time since I used this one, > think I'll give it another whirl! ;-) > ...

SeaMonkey or Mozilla
I have an old configuration with Windows 98. If we ignore security problems. Do you think that Mozilla 1.7.13 is better than SeaMonkey 1.1.8 ? 1.7 is the stable branch and I think 1.8 is not. Is it better to use Mozilla 1.7.13 for the stability ? What do you think ? Thank you very much. JR wrote: > I have an old configuration with Windows 98. > If we ignore security problems. > Do you think that Mozilla 1.7.13 is better than SeaMonkey 1.1.8 ? > 1.7 is the stable branch and I think 1.8 is not. > Is it better to use Mozilla 1.7.13 for the stability ? > What do you...

From Mozilla to SeaMonkey
How do I go from Mozilla 1.7.12 to SeaMonkey 1.1.1? What can I transfer from the old to the new suite? Would it be wise to keep Mozilla for a while? I�ll appreciate any help in this matter. Monica// Monica wrote: > How do I go from Mozilla 1.7.12 to SeaMonkey 1.1.1? > What can I transfer from the old to the new suite? > > Would it be wise to keep Mozilla for a while? > > I�ll appreciate any help in this matter. > > Monica// all your settings, prefs, bookmarks, mail, etc, are stored in an area called the Profile. When you install SM, it will ...

Seamonkey emulating Mozilla suite in "browser" field
I got a message from Yahoo Messenger that avatars are not supported with my browser (Seamonkey 1.0.1), only blah blah including Firefox and Mozilla Suite 1.7.6 or higher are supported. Now I recall that it is possible to send out info that my browser is Mozilla Suite or Firefox. What is the exact procedure to do that, please somebody tell me. --Ken Rudolph Ken Rudolph wrote: > I got a message from Yahoo Messenger that avatars are not supported > with my browser (Seamonkey 1.0.1), only blah blah including Firefox > and Mozilla Suite 1.7.6 or higher are support...

SeaMonkey or Mozilla
I have an old configuration with Windows 98. If we ignore security problems. Do you think that Mozilla 1.7.13 is better than SeaMonkey 1.1.8 ? 1.7 is the stable branch and I think 1.8 is not. Is it better to use Mozilla 1.7.13 for the stability ? What do you think ? Thank you very much. JR wrote: > I have an old configuration with Windows 98. > If we ignore security problems. > Do you think that Mozilla 1.7.13 is better than SeaMonkey 1.1.8 ? > 1.7 is the stable branch and I think 1.8 is not. > Is it better to use Mozilla 1.7.13 for the stability ? > What do you...

Web resources about - Bookmarks: XP Seamonkey to Vista Seamonkey - netscape.mozilla.browser