?? Mozilla = (Firefox + Thunderbird) ??

In the early days I used Netscape, which was the best browser and the best
email/newsgroup client. Eventually I gravitated to IE and OE, to my frequent
frustration and dismay.

Lately I've shifted to Firefox, and it's like a breath of fresh air (but you
knew that!).

My question:

For the common user, is there any reason to use Firefox and Thunderbird as
separate applications, or can I use Mozilla as a single, integrated,
application? My perception is that integrated Mozilla will generally benefit
from Firefox/Thunderbird evolution, but a step behind and after bugs are
fixed. I'm an RF geek, and have no reason to be at the bleeding edge of
computing, and don't need html generation or much sophistication.

Thanks, gurus!

0
TechGeek
11/8/2004 5:16:54 PM
netscape.mozilla.browser 4970 articles. 0 followers. Follow

TechGeek wrote:
> In the early days I used Netscape, which was the best browser and the best
> email/newsgroup client. Eventually I gravitated to IE and OE, to my frequent
> frustration and dismay.
>
> Lately I've shifted to Firefox, and it's like a breath of fresh air (but you
> knew that!).
>
> My question:
>
> For the common user, is there any reason to use Firefox and Thunderbird as
> separate applications, or can I use Mozilla as a single, integrated,
> application? My perception is that integrated Mozilla will generally benefit
> from Firefox/Thunderbird evolution, but a step behind and after bugs are
> fixed. I'm an RF geek, and have no reason to be at the bleeding edge of
> computing, and don't need html generation or much sophistication.
>
> Thanks, gurus!

Please don't cross post here.  mozilla.browser is still a developer
group.  mozilla.general has pretty much been abandoned by developers.

In so far as page rendering and mail/news functionality, Mozilla is the
equal of FF/TB, and, so far as I can see, more stable.  The suite will
not get the benefit of feature development, as least not as it stands
now, but it remains a very usable product, and a good choice for those
accustomed to the Netscape internet suite model.

I use FF/TB, Mozilla, and Netscape 7.2.  I like them all, but, if I had
to choose one and one only, it would be the Mozilla suite.

Lee
0
Leonidas
11/8/2004 5:47:43 PM
TechGeek wrote:
> In the early days I used Netscape, which was the best browser and the best
> email/newsgroup client. Eventually I gravitated to IE and OE, to my frequent
> frustration and dismay.
>
> Lately I've shifted to Firefox, and it's like a breath of fresh air (but you
> knew that!).
>
> My question:
>
> For the common user, is there any reason to use Firefox and Thunderbird as
> separate applications, or can I use Mozilla as a single, integrated,
> application? My perception is that integrated Mozilla will generally benefit
> from Firefox/Thunderbird evolution, but a step behind and after bugs are
> fixed. I'm an RF geek, and have no reason to be at the bleeding edge of
> computing, and don't need html generation or much sophistication.

The only major reason to use FF + TB over the suite is the fact that
there are a lot more extensions available.  If this isn't a reason for
you, then you're just as well off with the suite.

-scratch
0
scratch
11/8/2004 6:52:30 PM
Sorry for the xpost, thanks for the straight answers.

"scratch" <scratch@the-pentagon.com> wrote in message
> TechGeek wrote:
>> In the early days I used Netscape, which was the best browser and the
>> best email/newsgroup client. Eventually I gravitated to IE and OE, to my
>> frequent frustration and dismay.
>>
>> Lately I've shifted to Firefox, and it's like a breath of fresh air (but
>> you knew that!).
>>
>> My question:
>>
>> For the common user, is there any reason to use Firefox and Thunderbird
>> as separate applications, or can I use Mozilla as a single, integrated,
>> application? My perception is that integrated Mozilla will generally
>> benefit from Firefox/Thunderbird evolution, but a step behind and after
>> bugs are fixed. I'm an RF geek, and have no reason to be at the bleeding
>> edge of computing, and don't need html generation or much sophistication.
>
> The only major reason to use FF + TB over the suite is the fact that there
> are a lot more extensions available.  If this isn't a reason for you, then
> you're just as well off with the suite.
>
> -scratch

0
TechGeek

Firefox,Mozilla Firefox,Firefox download,Mozilla Firefox download
Download Firefox Firefox,Mozilla Firefox,Firefox download,Mozilla Firefox download http://soft.topcities.com/Firefox.htm On 2006-11-28 20:04 (-0700 UTC), idownweb.com wrote: > Download Firefox > > Firefox,Mozilla Firefox,Firefox download,Mozilla Firefox download > > http://soft.topcities.com/Firefox.htm Mebbe it's just me, but isn't this kind of a silly place to spam with something like this? /b. -- 'There is caution, and there is irrational paranoia.' -- Ron Hunter Wow, now thats totally random. On 28 Nov 2006 19:04:38 -0800, ...

My CUSTOM Mozilla Firefox & Mozilla Thunderbird
http://www.bigview.net/norvin/files/ Since the early release versions, I have made custom versions of both Mozilla Firefox & Mozilla Thunderbird. My CUSTOM version of Mozilla Firefox is meant for users who are making the switch from Microsoft Internet Explorer. My CUSTOM version of Mozilla Thunderbird is meant for users who are making the switch from Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Outlook Express, or another similar e-mail program. It has the Calendar Extension installed and many other enhancements the default release version of Mozilla Thunderbird doesn't have. The ...

Firebird or Mozilla... Thunderbird or Mozilla...
I just got finished reading the roadmap to try and figure out if I would be better off stacking with FB and TB, or if I should install the Mozilla Suite. I cannot make heads or tails out of the roadmap. I cannot figure out what would be the best choice. Would someone here kindly outline the key decision issues for the two different paths? Thanx, zeddock. zeddock on 04.11.03 22:12 wrote: > I just got finished reading the roadmap to try and figure out if I would > be better off stacking with FB and TB, or if I should install the > Mozilla Suite. Uh, this...

Mozilla Firefox 1.1, Mozilla Thunderbird 1.1 and XULRunner Release Plans
followup to grc.techtalk Mozilla Firefox 1.1, Mozilla Thunderbird 1.1 and XULRunner Release Plans http://www.mozillazine.org/talkback.html?article=6370 ----------------------------------------------------------- Quote ----------------------------------------------------------- Asa Dotzler has posted some plans for the forthcoming Mozilla Firefox 1.1, Mozilla Thunderbird 1.1 and XULRunner releases <http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.mozilla.devel.seamonkey/5182> to the netscape.public.mozilla.seamonkey newsgroup. Firefox 1.1 will be the first major update to the Mozilla Fou...

Very pleased with Mozilla Firefox and Thunderbird web browser. Thanks.
Name: pekay shenoy Email: pkcameraatoptilinkdotus Product: Firefox Summary: Very pleased with Mozilla Firefox and Thunderbird web browser. Thanks. Comments: Thanks for providing me with this service. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.3 ...

Is firefox browser the primary browser of mozilla?
Is firefox browser the primary browser of mozilla? I read that this will or may already be the primary browser. Does that mean there are going to stop with Mozilla browsers? Also, I would like to know why? Greg Firefox is a stand alone browser based on the Mozilla code with Thunderbird being the stand alone e:mail application. What is usually referred to as Mozilla is not a browser or a e:mail application it is a suite of applications containing browser, e:mail application and page composer. As to weather it is likely to be discontinued I would not think so in the immediat...

Catalan translations of Mozilla Firefox 0.9.3 and Mozilla Thunderbird 0.7.3
Mozilla Firefox 0.9.3 Windows: ftp://ftp.softcatala.org/pub/softcatala/firefox/0.9/MozillaFirefox-0.9.3-ca.exe GNU/Linux: ftp://ftp.softcatala.org/pub/softcatala/firefox/0.9/MozillaFirefox-0.9.3-linux-gtk2+xft-ca.tar.bz2 Language Pack: ftp://ftp.softcatala.org/pub/softcatala/firefox/0.9/langpack/ca.xpi Mozilla Thunderbird 0.7.3: Windows: ftp://ftp.softcatala.org/pub/softcatala/thunderbird/0.7/MozillaThunderbird-0.7.3-ca.exe GNU/Linux: ftp://ftp.softcatala.org/pub/softcatala/thunderbird/0.7/MozillaThunderbird-0.7.3-linux-gtk2+xft-ca.tar.bz2 Language Pack: ftp://ftp.softcatala.org...

Mozilla Firefox up to 1.0.6 and Mozilla Thunderbird up to 1.0 url string obfuscation

Mozilla Thunderbird 32 bit, Mozilla Thunderbird 64 bit
Name: Patrick Dreier Email: patrickdotdreieratmymaildotch Product: Thunderbird Summary: Mozilla Thunderbird 32 bit, Mozilla Thunderbird 64 bit Comments: Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren! Könnt Ihr bitte ein Mozilla Thunderbird für Windows XP Professional 32 bit: Mozilla_Thunderbird_wxp_x86_Setup_2.0.0.10.exe und einen Mozilla Thunderbird für Windows XP Professional 64 bit: Mozilla_Firefox_wxp_x64_Setup_2.0.0.10.exe programmieren! Hochachtungsvoll! Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) ...

Mozilla Firefox 32 bit, Mozilla Firefox 64 bit
Name: Patrick Dreier Email: patrickdotdreieratmymaildotch Product: Firefox Summary: Mozilla Firefox 32 bit, Mozilla Firefox 64 bit Comments: Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren! Könnt Ihr bitte ein Mozilla Firefox für Windows XP Professional 32 bit: Mozilla_Firefox_wxp_x86_Setup_2_0_0_13.exe und einen Mozilla Firefox für Windows XP Professional 64 bit: Mozilla_Firefox_wxp_x64_Setup_2_0_0_13.exe programmieren! Hochachtungsvoll! Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) ...

Mozilla Thunderbird 32 bit, Mozilla Thunderbird 64 bit #2
Name: Patrick Dreier Email: patrickdotdreieratmymaildotch Product: Thunderbird Summary: Mozilla Thunderbird 32 bit, Mozilla Thunderbird 64 bit Comments: Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren! Könnt Ihr bitte ein Mozilla Thunderbird für Windows XP Professional 32 bit: Mozilla_Thunderbird_wxp_x86_Setup_2.0.0.10.exe und einen Mozilla Thunderbird für Windows XP Professional 64 bit: Mozilla_Thunderbird_wxp_x64_Setup_2.0.0.10.exe programmieren! Hochachtungsvoll! Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) ...

How can I get out of my Mozilla's browser the Winamp browser and get back the Google's or Mozilla's browser.
Please I have got to my browser ( I don't know how.) the Winamp browser he behave like virus stick in.But he doesn't has uninstalation section so I can't do anything to get him away from Mozilla's file. I'm not happy of Winamp's behave its like advertisement against a customer's will. Please is there any way to get him away from Mozilla?Please send me exact direction I have tried many ways but he is deeply inside the systeme so when I install new Mozilla he is always here ready to pester me. Thank you for an answer. Richard ...

Can this unix Mozilla thunderbird program be converted to a Windows Mozilla Thunderbird program?
Hi: I was wondering if a certain unix thunderbird program called salter can be adjusted to a windows thunderbird program. If it can be done, I would appreciate it if someone would tell me how to do it. Here are the two urls to it. http://www.julianhaight.com/useful.shtml http://www.julianhaight.com/salter And here is the perl source code for it. ============================= #!/usr/bin/perl -w # Salter single-threaded email address salter # (c) 2003-2007 Julian Haight, http://www.julianhaight.com/ # All Rights Reserved under GPL: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt #...

Mozilla -> Thunderbird -> Mozilla?
What happens if I try Thunderbird and let it use my existing Mozilla mail and ng files but then decide I want to revert to Mozilla? Does TB farkle the files so that Mozilla can no longer use them? What is the recommended procedure? Perce Percival P. Cassidy wrote: > What happens if I try Thunderbird and let it use my existing Mozilla > mail and ng files but then decide I want to revert to Mozilla? > > Does TB farkle the files so that Mozilla can no longer use them? > > What is the recommended procedure? > > Perce You /may/ be ok. I would pre...

Suggestion for Mozilla Firebird or Mozilla Browser
Hi I'm not sure if this could be done, but I was hoping you might be able to incorporate a plugin for FB or Mozilla Browser to include antivirus software in the toolbar section. I think it is a plug-in and I'm not sure if it's in the setup of Norton Antivirus or within Internet Explorer itself. I know that IE has Norton Antivirus as a toolbar on their browser. Can the same be done with Mozilla? Beryle Manz Beryle Manz wrote: > Hi > > I'm not sure if this could be done, but I was hoping you might be able > to incorporate a plugin for ...

Web resources about - ?? Mozilla = (Firefox + Thunderbird) ?? - netscape.mozilla.browser

Mozilla Thunderbird
Mozilla Thunderbird is created by a global non-profit dedicated to putting individuals in control and shaping the future of the web for the public ...

Thunderbirds Are Go - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Thunderbirds Are Go is a 1966 British science-fiction film based on Thunderbirds , a 1960s television series starring marionette puppets and ...

Edit - Thunderbird - CrunchBase Product Profile
TechCrunch CrunchBase More TechCrunch Europe TechCrunch France TechCrunch Japan Register - Login or Advanced Search Home > Products > Thunderbird ...

F-16C Thunderbirds Formation - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
USAF Thunderbirds at the 2008 Battle Creek Air Show

Thunderbirds Are Go - Introducing The World - YouTube
The world of Thunderbirds Are Go, Tracy Island, miniature sets and craft have been lovingly made by none other than WETA Workshop - the model ...

Thunderbirds are go: First pictures of TV remake
The first images of the upcoming TV reboot of the iconic series Thunderbirds have been released, recasting the iconic puppets from the 1960s ...

Thunderbirds creator Gerry Anderson dies aged 83
... puppet TV shows Captain Scarlet, Stingray and Joe 90 died in his sleep, his son announces. Gerry Anderson, best known as the creator of Thunderbirds ...

Firebirds hold nerve to hold out Thunderbirds
It was another close shave but Queensland Firebirds coach Roselee Jencke was happy for her side to take a second straight win.

Thunderbirds are go, puppets are gone
Human Thunderbirds? What does this mean, writes James Cockington. - The Age Online

Southerners steal last-gasp draw against Thunderbirds
Southern Steel stole a 53-53 draw in the chaotic final seconds of their trans-Tasman netball league clash against Adelaide Thunderbirds.