Getting parameters

Hi,
I run my mozilla application with a shortcut like this:

mozilla.exe -chrome chrome://myapp/content/

is it possible to get the arguments in the command line? For example if I
run my application in this way:

mozilla.exe -chrome chrome://myapp/content/ param1 param2

can I get "param1" and "param2" ?

Thanks,
Lithian.

0
Lithian
1/27/2004 8:00:06 AM
netscape.dev.xul 999 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Lithian wrote:

>I run my mozilla application with a shortcut like this:
>
>mozilla.exe -chrome chrome://myapp/content/
>
>is it possible to get the arguments in the command line? For example if I run my application in this way:
>
>mozilla.exe -chrome chrome://myapp/content/ param1 param2
>
>can I get "param1" and "param2" ?

mozilla.exe -chrome <url> -p1 <param1> -p2 <param2> might work, but you
then need to access the params from the command line service.

Even if you register your own -myapp command line handler it can only
take one param.

--
Warning: May contain traces of nuts.

0
Neil
1/27/2004 2:14:45 PM
Neil ha scritto:

> mozilla.exe -chrome <url> -p1 <param1> -p2 <param2> might work, but
> you then need to access the params from the command line service.

Where can I find some docs?
0
Lithian
1/27/2004 3:19:35 PM
Lithian wrote:

>Neil ha scritto:
>
>>mozilla.exe -chrome <url> -p1 <param1> -p2 <param2> might work, but you then need to access the params from the command line service.
>>

>Where can I find some docs?

I don't know about docs, but for code, try LXR search for nsICmdLineService

--
Warning: May contain traces of nuts.

0
Neil
1/27/2004 4:03:30 PM
Neil ha scritto:

> I don't know about docs, but for code, try LXR search for
> nsICmdLineService

Thanks, I found some docs here:

http://www.xulplanet.com/references/xpcomref/ifaces/nsICmdLineService.ht
ml

but simply trying the following code I have some problem.

s = Components.classes['@mozilla.org/appshell/commandLineService;1'];
i = s.getService(Components.interfaces.nsICmdLineService);
alert(i.programName);

If I run this more than once the "programName" attribute return random
charactes and, sometime, all mozilla crash (moz1.6/FB0.7 on winXP).

And also from the doc on xulplanet I don't understand where to get
parameters list (argc/argv attributes seems to be filled only after a
call to initialize method that require argc/argv!?).

Thanks,
Lithian.
0
Lithian
1/28/2004 2:10:49 PM
Lithian wrote:

>s = Components.classes['@mozilla.org/appshell/commandLineService;1'];
>i = s.getService(Components.interfaces.nsICmdLineService);
>alert(i.programName);
>
>If I run this more than once the "programName" attribute return random charactes and, sometime, all mozilla crash (moz1.6/FB0.7 on winXP).

Sorry, it's not something I've actually tried myself.

>And also from the doc on xulplanet I don't understand where to get parameters list (argc/argv attributes seems to be filled only after a call to initialize method that require argc/argv!?).

IIRC the startup code should set argc and argv.

--
Warning: May contain traces of nuts.

0
Neil

How do I get the parameter for the delete command when I get the parameter for the select in another way?
I'm working with VS 2008.  I've got a data grid control, which I populate through a DropDownList that is data bound using a stored procedure.  When the DDL changes it updates the contents in the DataView control.  The DataView control is also data bound, and is populated using its own stored procedure and the code returned from the DDL once the user selects something.  I've got another stored procedure assigned to the DeleteCommand of the SqlDataSource, which I intend to use is with a delete CommnadField of the DataView control.  However, in this case I w...

POST GET GET GET GET... WTH?

XUL content inside a xul:iframe
Hi, please have a look at this testcase: http://philipp.wagner.name/temp/testcase-xul-iframe/window.xul I have a iframe with style="overflow:scroll" (style="overflow:auto" gives the same result). The iframe contains another XUL document with a page root element. As you can see in the testcase, no scroll bars appear and the content is cut off in the end. But it seems like the content inside the iframe does not "realize" that it is not fully displayed. The question is: how do I get scrollbars to appear? Philipp Philipp Wagner wrote: >I ...

Get parameter
Hello,I have the following url:http://localhost:2920/Account/Activate/f585f104-4d38-4d1d-972b-c177b7f64463?Key=0E0CEB5E671A256BAFF8C609CFB3D34FAccount is the controller, Activate the action, "f585f104-4d38-4d1d-972b-c177b7f64463" the id.How do I get the value of Key on my action code? The following is my current action code: public ActionResult Activate(Guid id) { ' ... return View(); }Thanks,Miguel     Request["Key"]   Just add it as a parameter to your action method, just like you did with id: public ActionResult Activate(G...

When I setting down the XUL window's background to transparent, the performance of XUL tree getting slow.
Is there anybody can give me some explain? ...

Can't get correct no. of parameters in using Sybase 11.5.1 stored procedure with parameters through ODBC
Hi, I try to create a PowerBuilder DW from a stored procedure with paramters and the following error occured: SQLSTATE = 37000 [INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server driver][SQL Server]Incorrect syntax near '='. 1 execute dbo.sp_andrew2;0 RETURN_VALE = :RETURN_VALUE, @i = :i, @c = :c, @ti = :ti, @n = :n, @d = :d, @f = :f, @sdt = :sdt, @dt = :dt, @vc = :vc, @b=:b' My procedure defined as follows: create procedure sp_andrew2 (@ti tinyint, @si smallint, @i int, @n numeric(1,1), @d decimal(1,1), @f float, @sm smallmoney, @m money, @sdt smalldatetime,...

get parameter values
hi, I have a crystal report with pre-defined parameter which is shown as a dropdownlist (with multiple values). With the use of Crystal Report Viewer in .NET, how can I get the parameter values in coding when I load the report. any advices is appreciated bryan I'm trying to do something like that. The thing is that I don't know how to pass the value to the report. I don't even know if it's possible. I think there has to be a way. I want the user to input a value in one of the form's textboxes and I want to get that value and use it in the report, but when I try to I get th...

Sproc not getting a parameter
Can anyone see why this sproc is not getting the @UserID? @training_id int,@username nvarchar(50), @UserID uniqueidentifier,@tp_first nvarchar(50),@tp_last nvarchar(50),@tp_org nvarchar(100), @tp_email nvarchar(75),@tp_paid_status nvarchar(20),@tp_connected bit,@tp_confirmed bit,@tp_wait_list bit,@dateentered datetime,@enteredby nvarchar(50)ASBEGIN-- SET NOCOUNT ON added to prevent extra result sets from-- interfering with SELECT statements.SET NOCOUNT ON;    -- Insert statements for procedure hereSET @UserID = (Select userid from aspnet_users where username=@username)INSERT ...

Get Parameter from URL
Hello,I am sending a URL to the user, by email, after subscription:http://www.mydomain.com/Account/ConfirmEmail/23Account is the controller, ConfirmEmail is the action and 23 is the id of the user When the URL is called I want to activate the account on my controller ConfirmEmail action.For this I need the id of the user.How can I get it?Thanks,Miguel   If you really mean how to get the Id, I think you can configure it in your routing entries.I just concern about the security here. The link to activate the account shouldn't be as simple as that, because any other person who can co...

how get the values of a parameter?
Thank you very much in advance for your help. I'm new using ReportingServices and now I'm making a Windows app to manipulate reports. When a report has parameters, some of them has a default value but no others. My question is... How can I retrieve the values of a parameter using ReportingService class? I can read the content of a folder, also can read the parameter(s) of a report, can read default values too, can create the report if the app pass a valid value to a specific parameter, but I'm stuck trying to get the values for a parameter that has not default value.Roberto Perez...

How do I get at SNC parameters?
I installed SNC recently, but I don't know how to get at the parameters. The SQLNCLI.CHM file talks about how to use the "Data Source Wizard," but I can't figure out how one launches it. We are not using ODBC - don't have control over that. Hi Laurel; This is very straight forward ... here are my connection settings for SS2008 for example ... SQLCA.DBMS = "SNC" SQLCA.ServerName = "YourServerName" SQLCA.LogID = "Chris" SQLCA.LogPass = "YourPassword" SQLCA.DBParm = "Database...

Getting a parameter name
I'd like to get the name of parameters passed in as an array: procedure PrintParamNames(AParams: array of variant); begin ...Get the name of each parameter in the array ...print it out... end; There doesn't appear to be a way to get at this information. If you have an idea, please let me know. <Cody Skidmore> wrote in message news:14187@forums.codegear.com... > I'd like to get the name of parameters passed in as an array: > > procedure PrintParamNames(AParams: array of variant); > begin > ...Get the name of each parameter in the array ...

Why am I not getting my OUTPUT Parameter
Can anyone see in this stored procedure code and my post sub why the stored procedure is not getting the @ReceiptNumber? @ReceiptNumber int OUTPUTASBEGININSERT INTO tblNumberCounter (InsertDate)Values (GETDATE())SET @ReceiptNumber=SCOPE_IDENTITY()INSERT INTO tblReceipts (pl_ID,client_ID,PaymentDate,Fund_ID,TenderTypeID,AmountPaid,ReceiptNumber,DateEntered,EnteredBy) SELECT     PL.Pl_ID, RS.client_id, PL.pmtDate, RS.rec_fund_id, RS.rec_tendertypeid, RS.rec_amount,                   &...

How do you get to the parameters account?
I am new to Bugzilla and I have lots of foolish questions to ask.. After running checksetup.pl, I received the following message: "Now that you have installed Bugzilla, you should visit the 'parameters' page (linked in the Administrator account) to insure it is setup as you wish- this includes setting the "Urlbase" option to the correct URL." When I point my web browser "Mozilla" to http://localhost, all I get is "It Works!" I was not able to login and was not able to see Parameters in the page footer. How do you log? ...

How to get the parameters from a hyperlink ?
I would like to capture parameters par1 e par2 from a url ex: a.aspx?par1=23&par2=12 Luis Ga I would think you mean: Request.QueryString("par1") etc..... Example: C# int par1 = int.Parse(Request.QueryString["par1"] ); VB.Net Dim par1 As Int32 = Integer.Parse(Request.QueryString("par1")) RegardsAndre Colbiornsen ---------------------------------Seventh DayRåbygatan 1A,SE-223 61 LundSwedenMob.: +46-(0)708-97 78 79Mail: info@seventhday.se--------------------------------...

How to get parameters for reports
[XE6] My application is written in Firemonkey and is cross platform (specially Android) I have made a factory and classes that are registered for each report. The report side is fine. But the problem is how to have a parametrized way to have the reports? I mean, some reports needs start date, end date, and other a lot of more inputs to generate the data. I could create a minimum group of parameters and use .visible to turn on or off each ones should be available. But seems silly for me. Not sure. What is important for me is that each report is a class that is self co...

How to get the url parameters
I'm currently working on a page, wich gets a parameter with its url. the page is "\download.aspx" this url is called by an hyperlink, but with a parameter behin it, like this "\download.aspx?winrar" no i'd like to read out in de download.aspx's Onload what the parameter is so i get a string with "winrar" in it.... wich then be used for further processing of the request With regards, Bart What you're looking for is the Request.QueryString property. It's a NameValueCollection instances. You can look at its Keys / AllKeys to see if the par...

get IN([]) list as a parameter
Hi I have a query that I use on one of my controls that goes like this: qrystr = "Select * from tbl_products WHERE prod_id IN (" & Listprd & ");" The Listprd is a string parameter that goes like this: "1,2,4,7" etc' how can I make a query inside MS Access that can recieve a parameter inside the brackets. Please help,Sagi....

get parameter values
I am trying to get a parameter from http request which has more than one value. For example, the url is http://localhost/getParam.aspx?State=FL&State=TX&State=MD, I want to get a string list like ("FL", "TX", "MD"). The parameter could be sent through a post form. In Java, there is a function - requst.getParameterValues. Is there any such funciton in ASP.Net (VB) ?  Huaichen wrote:I am trying to get a parameter from http request which has more than one value. For example, the url is http://localhost/getParam.aspx?State=FL&State=TX&State=MD, I want to get a st...

Getting a parameter from a URL
Hello, THis is a real newbie question, but I am trying to pass the PageID within a URL, which is populated from a query, so far my User Control looks like this <asp:Repeater id="MenuRepeater" runat="server"> <ItemTemplate> <%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "Title")%> | </ItemTemplate> </asp:Repeater> Now in the webform being called I'd like to be able to access the passed PageID, I remember from ASP I could use Request.QueryString(""), but what do I do with ASP.Net. I am writing my ap...

Printing GET parameters
Hi! I thought the following script: #!/usr/bin/perl -T use strict; use warnings; use CGI; use CGI::Carp qw(fatalsToBrowser); my $cgi = new CGI; my $parameters = $cgi->Vars(); get_params($parameters); sub get_params() { my %parameters = %{ $_ }; print $cgi->header(); print $cgi->start_html; my $p; foreach $p (sort keys(%parameters)) { print "key: $p value: $parameters{$p}\n"; } print $cgi->end_html; } exit(0); when accessed like this: http://example.com/cgi-bin/viewparams.pl?param1=7&param2=11 should print key: param1 ...

ObjectDataSource not getting Parameters
Here is my stored Proc in the db sp_Search@RequestId varchar(15) = Null, @HelpDeskId varchar(15) = Null, @ShortDesc varchar(70) = NullASSELECT     r.RequestId, r.HelpDeskId as [Help#], cs.Name AS Status,   bp.Name AS Priority, r.ShortDesc as [Description], r.LastModifiedBy as [Updated By], r.LastModifiedDateTime as [Updated Time]FROM       tblRequest r INNER JOIN           tblChangeStatus cs ON r.ChangeStatusId = cs.ChangeStatusId INNER JOIN  &nbs...

How to get parameter for .exe?
need to call a .exe (which is created by V.S. .Net) from my web, the problem is, I never code a .exe program and I don't know how to pass the parameter to the .exe?? in my .exe, it's like: Module Module1 Sub Main() End Sub End Module and i try to code it like Sub Main(byVal xml as string)..... but it can't work. does anyone have any idea? if i want to use a parameter that is from outside the .exe, how can i get it and how can i use it in the Sub Main() ????? help me please. > need to call a .exe (which is created by V.S. .Net) from my web, ...

getting parameter from ShellExecuteW
Hi, I have to applications: Application1 and Application2 in Application1 I use: ShellExecuteW(NULL,L"open","Application2.exe","need_this_string",NULL,SW_SHOWNORMAL); so now I need to read in Application2 vhat parameter ("need_this_string") was sent... I cant find any information in google.. How to get this parameter? Thanks. <vyta labas> wrote in message news:80546@forums.codegear.com... > in Application1 I use: > ShellExecuteW(NULL,L"open","Application2.exe","need_this_string",NULL,SW_SHOWNO...

Web resources about - Getting parameters - netscape.dev.xul

Google Webmaster Tools Parameter Handling - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Alternatives to boolean parameters