Why does opening of "Save" or "Save As" window take so long?

Name:    Mike Cleven
Email:   mikecleven_at_gmail.com
Product: Firefox

Comments:
Unlike other programs, which bring up the whole contents of a directory
quickly, Firefox (and Mozilla in its raw state) takes its time adding
one directory item after another; such that you can wait quite a while
to actually hit the "save" button, especially if you have to scroll to
the right for any reason (e.g. looking for a subdirectory etc).

Wondering why this is....I had a look at your bugs and projects are but
couldn't see anything related so thought I'd ask here.

Mike Cleven
0
Mike
7/5/2005 7:27:40 AM
netscape.beta.feedback 5379 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Not working in Firefox 3.1b2: "Save Image As", "Save Link As", and "Save Page As"
Name: Thaddeus Polit Email: ThaddeusdotPolitatlmcodotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Not working in Firefox 3.1b2: "Save Image As", "Save Link As", and "Save Page As" Comments: Firefox 3.1b2 - When I click "Save Image As", "Save link As", or "Save Page As", nothing happens. The "Save As" dialog does not appear. Due to this problem, I have been forced to start using I.E. Yuck! Please help! Sincerely, Thaddeus Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1b2) G...

"save session", "don´t save"... "abort"!
Name: lumpi Product: Firefox Summary: "save session", "don´t save"... "abort"! Comments: There should be a third "abort/cancel" button in the "save session" dialog for tabbed browsing. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a2) Gecko/20070206 GranParadiso/3.0a2 ...

while saving the file "Save as Type" in SaveDialogBox shows "MicrosoftExcelSheet" and "AllFiles", how can i restrict "AllFiles" and show only "MicrosoftExcelSheet" ..
Below is code written for opening XLFile.  HttpContext.Current.Response.Clear();HttpContext.Current.Response.AddHeader("Content-Disposition", "attachment; filename=" + astr_FileName); HttpContext.Current.Response.AddHeader("Content-Length", abyte_Data.Length.ToString()); HttpContext.Current.Response.ContentType = astr_ContentType; //octet-stream"; or //"application/vnd.ms-excel"; HttpContext.Current.Response.BinaryWrite(abyte_Data);    Udaya.M...

"save as" and "save link as" dialog flickers
On a new Mandriva 2007.1 system Firefox 2.0.0.3 and Seamonkey 1.1.1 both have a glitch in the "save as" (for an open page) and "save link as" (Firefox)/ "save link target as" (Seamonkey) for right click on a link dialogs. When the dialog comes up it's like there are two copies and it is flickering back and forth between them rapidly. Or possibly the dialog is resizing itself quickly. The "two" dialogs are vertically aligned but the right edge jumps back and forth. Identical copies of these two browsers did NOT do this on Mandriva 2006...

Linking Ability with "Save As" or "Save As PDF"
Name: STUART HASSEL Email: StuartHasselatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Linking Ability with "Save As" or "Save As PDF" Comments: The reason I mostly use Safari is that it has the ability of linking anything that I save to my desktop. If I'm, say, doing a search using something like Google, I can click on various links at the moment but if I want to be able to do that later I can't so I copy my search word(s) or phrase onto Google using Safari and then just make the search page into a "document" and park it on my desktop. I can a...

Save or open file download dialog should include "Save in default location" and "Save somewhere else" options
Name: Eric Carter Email: mozillafeedback Product: Firefox Summary: Save or open file download dialog should include "Save in default location" and "Save somewhere else" options Comments: When i click a download link I'm presented with the choice to open that file with a program on my computer, or save it to a location. After that, depending on my configuration I either get a second dialog asking where i want to save that file, or it goes to the default download location. Most of the time i want to save to my default downloads location, but sometime...

.ALLCOL("%COLUMN%", " ", ", ", ", ")

Save or open file download dialog should include "Save in default location" and "Save somewhere else" options #2
Name: Eric Carter Email: mozillafeedback Product: Firefox Summary: Save or open file download dialog should include "Save in default location" and "Save somewhere else" options Comments: When i click a download link I'm presented with the choice to open that file with a program on my computer, or save it to a location. After that, depending on my configuration I either get a second dialog asking where i want to save that file, or it goes to the default download location. Most of the time i want to save to my default downloads location, but sometime...

Multiple default "save as" or "open" locations
When I go to save something in Mozilla, it remembers where I just saved a file, which is great. If I am not in the desired directory, I can hit the home button or the up arrow or click on the desired directory to navigate to the desired directory. Or I can hit the down arrow next to the current working directory. I may be in /home/user/work/project1, and I would be given the choice of: /home/user/work/project1 /home/user/work/ /home/user/ /home/ / This is great, but I would love to append a couple of default directories permanently to this list, so that it might look l...

Catching "Save..." and "Save As..." from other applications (Office suite)
Hello, I would like to create an app with delphi (RadXE) that: - catch the "save..." and "save as..." from other applications, in particular MS-Office suites (but also other apps) - get some data from a dialog form before saving etc... - then going quiescent waiting for the next "save" or "save as..." event... I thought a way could be launching the external app by my delphi application getting handles to it, but I don't know how to catch events. Anybody can help me? (I am sure of yes! :) thanks in advance, Filippo __________________ ...

"Append to" instead of "Save to"
Hi, When saving a message to a file, the file will be overwritten if it already exists. Does any one know a way to append to the file instead of overwriting it? Thanks. J. J. Cagnol wrote: > Hi, > > When saving a message to a file, the file will be overwritten if it > already exists. Does any one know a way to append to the file instead > of overwriting it? > > Thanks. > J. No, but you could just set up a temporary folder within Mozilla if you wanted to save multiple messages to a file. The mbox format which Mozilla uses simply has multiple m...

quotes, quotes, quotes...

"Save all" "Detach all" and "Delete all" always appear greyed out
Something went wrong with my TB and suddenly a couple of attachment-related options always appear greyed out when I read an email with an attachment! "Save all" "Detach all" and "Delete all" I am sure I have used these in the past. Either an update or an addon must have screwed things up. Any sugesstions? -- Rahul Rahul wrote, On Saturday 07 February 2009 02:57 AM: > Something went wrong with my TB and suddenly a couple of attachment-related > options always appear greyed out when I read an email with an attachment! > > "...

Web resources about - Why does opening of "Save" or "Save As" window take so long? - netscape.beta.feedback