Firefox should add a "disk cleanup handler" so that Windows "Disk Cleaner" can clear the Firefox cache

Name:    Andy
Email:   asefkow_at_yahoo.com
Product: Firefox

Comments:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/shell/programmersguide/shell_int/shell_int_extending/disk_cleanup.asp

When I am running low on disk space, I run the Windows "Disk Cleanup"
tool, accessible on the General Tab when you click Properties on your C:
drive.  This lets me clear the IE cache, temporary files, empty trash,
etc. all with one click.

But it does not permit me to clear my Firefox cache, which must be done
separately.

It seems rather simple to add an entry to the list of things that the
Disk Cleanup utility does.

See
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/shell/programmersguide/shell_int/shell_int_extending/disk_cleanup.asp

Might the installer add something like this when installing Firefox?

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20051111 Firefox/1.5
0
Andy
1/4/2006 6:37:13 PM
netscape.beta.feedback 5379 articles. 0 followers. Follow

the "Windows Live" "Help Center" "does not support" Firefox
Name: ets3rodamar@hotmail.com Email: ets3rodamarathotmaildotcom Product: Minefield Summary: the "Windows Live" "Help Center" "does not support" Firefox Comments: I received the following info when I tried to access the "Help Central" service of "Windows Live" "http://g.live.com/9uxp9en-us/ftr2?productkey=wlhomepage"...: https://account.live.com/error.aspx?errcode=1047&mkt=de-de [quote] Browser wird nicht unterstützt Versuchen Sie, Ihren Browser auf eine neuere Version zu aktualisieren, um sich be...

"Firefox" or "Gecko"
Hi, In a lot of places in MDN, like in https://developer.mozilla.org/En/DOM/Attr#Deprecated_properties_and_methods one can see a mention of "Starting in Gecko 7.0 (Firefox 7.0 / Thunderbird 7.0 / SeaMonkey 2.4)...". What is in parens is generated by a template. This was relevant when Gecko/Firefox numbers where different, but I'm wondering if this is necessary anymore for webdev-oriented documentation. I think that since Firefox 4, it would be relevant to just write "Starting in Firefox 7..." (even the ".0" can be dropped I think). This i...

.ALLCOL("%COLUMN%", " ", ", ", ", ")

Renaming of "Firefox only" to "Toolkit only"
As discussed on irc, lots of pages have the mention "Firefox only", or "Not in Firefox" [1] [2]. That's not very correct technically, as other apps like XULRunner or Thunderbird are also concerned by the "Firefox only" texts. It was proposed to rename those to "Toolkit only" / "Not in toolkit". Those texts should be templatized for easier management. It was also discussed if pre-toolkit stuff should be supported, but I guess that's another debate ;-) I'm not taking action on this personally, that was to open the d...

quotes, quotes, quotes...

firefox "bookmarks manager" "bookmarks toolbar" "same order"
I did a web and groups search for the subject line to try to find an answer, but came up dry. I'm running Firefox2 on an XP machine. The problem is this: For some reason, Bookmarks Manager does not list the bookmarks in the same order as the bookmarks toolbar. It used to. How can I make it do it again? "Restore natural order" does nothing. I want the order in Bookmarks Manager to change to reflect the order on the bookmarks toolbar. I used to be able to make a change in Bookmarks Manager and it would immediately be reflected in the bookmarks toolbar and would li...

Firefox 3.5 beta links the "Firefox" button on the Mozilla homepage to the "Personal" page
Name: Jack Stevenson Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Firefox 3.5 beta links the "Firefox" button on the Mozilla homepage to the "Personal" page Comments: On Safari, the Firefox product button goes to http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/firefox.html, but on f-fox 3.5 beta it goes to http://en-us.www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/personal.html Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9.1b4) Gecko/20090423 Firefox/3.5b4 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a respon...

The "add new tab" "+" button is not easy to access on Firefox 3.1 Beta
Name: Flavio Serra Product: Firefox Summary: The "add new tab" "+" button is not easy to access on Firefox 3.1 Beta Comments: I have to scroll with the mouse all to the right. it was easier with a button in the navigation toolbar. Easiest way is as MS Exlorer or Google Chrome (in my view). best regards Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1b1) Gecko/20081007 Firefox/3.1b1 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you...

Firefox Beta 3
Name: Will Blanchette Email: blanchettebbataoldotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox Beta 3 - Download Manager is lacking "clear list" and "remove" options Comments: The download manager for the Firefox 3 Beta seems to work better than version 2 for pausing and getting large files, but after only one try I miss the quick links to options like, "open," "clear list," and "remove from list." Obviously, you can just double-click to open or right click to open a list of the options, but the other set-up was more direct. Browse...

A12: "can", "does", and "isa" in roles
One of the beauties of the original Traits paper was that its roles had ways of specifying assertions of what criteria must be met by whatever classes they were to be composed into. Meanwhile, it's been mentioned that roles and classes in P6 might look declarative in nature, but they are in fact procedural. So why not allow a few assertions to be made in roles? These would be assertions which get run by the class when it composes the roles, and returning false would raise an exception to the programmer, quite possibly providing at compile-time some detailed information as to ...

Suggest change title of shortcut from "send feedback" to "send firefox feedback"
Name: Stephen, a firefox supporter Product: Firefox Summary: Suggest change title of shortcut from "send feedback" to "send firefox feedback" Comments: I just downloaded FF beta3 and it suggested dragging the feedback button onto the bookmarks toolbar. However once it is there it is not clear to the tester/user some time later that it is for firefox and not one of the potentially-many other applications on their PC. I therefore suggest you change title of shortcut from "send feedback" to "send firefox feedback". No big deal, but an easy...

"Not Responding" in title bar NOT in "close firefox" error window
Name: Fish Product: Firefox Summary: "Not Responding" in title bar NOT in "close firefox" error window Comments: Firefox hangs on startup with a blank central panel and just the title bar showing. The title bar is suffixed with the windows "Not Responding" warning. This is not the Warning window that states "Firefox is already running but not responding. Please close etc. " Will occasionally give "This is embarrassing" error but will not restore old tabs or start new session. Looks as if profile or open tabs have been c...

"Using" or "With"

Web resources about - Firefox should add a "disk cleanup handler" so that Windows "Disk Cleaner" can clear the Firefox cache - netscape.beta.feedback