can't u add a feature tthat let's me have more that one home page

Name:    kevin
Product: Firefox

Comments:
Could u add an option to firefox that let's you have more than one
website open up when you first start firefox. Like so i can have a black
page on the first tab and have like google in the second tab and so on.
This good be pretty cool to have don't you think?

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8b4) Gecko/20050908 Firefox/1.4
0
kevin
10/3/2005 7:35:33 AM
netscape.beta.feedback 5379 articles. 0 followers. Follow

'Can't save web pages, Ctrl+S. 'Can save same pages from I.E
Name: Del Dyreson Email: drdyreson_at_earthlink.net Product: Firefox Summary: 'Can't save web pages, Ctrl+S. 'Can save same pages from I.E Comments: 'Can't save web pages, Ctrl+S. 'Can save same pages from I.E. I'm running Win2000Pro, Ver 5.0 (Build 2195, Service Pack 4). Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.8.0.4) Gecko/20060508 Firefox/1.5.0.4 ...

I have fiddled out for days tinkering with the setting in about:config trying to get FireFox 12 to use the disk cache. I have NOT found the trick. This One Trick Pony ain't doing it like it used to up until recently. Pray tell anyone, What information can I share that will point a knowledgeable person to aid me in getting FF to disk.cache? I have also tried restarting FF with add-ons disabled, (There were NOT too many to do this to, so it was quick and easy) Here is my stab at trying to convey the information that MIGHT govern matters Using about:cache Information about the Cache Service Memory cache device Number of entries: 722 Maximum storage size: 30720 KiB Storage in use: 7331 KiB Inactive storage: 7331 KiB Offline cache device Number of entries: 0 Maximum storage size: 512000 KiB Storage in use: 0 KiB Cache Directory: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\d9ws2fua.default\OfflineCache Checking that general folder area, There is a \profiles\xxccvv\cache folder - ITS EMPTY, even after visiting several ebay links Using about:cache?device=memory Information about the Cache Service Memory cache device Number of entries: 722 Maximum storage size: 30720 KiB Storage in use: 7331 KiB Inactive storage: 7331 KiB using about:cache?device=disk Information about the Cache Service No Other response on the screen for this attempt Using...

How come FileFlash's home page doesn't get logged in Mozilla v1.7.5's history?
Is it me or is http://fileflash.com/ (not the links inside) home page not being recorded in Mozilla v1.7.5's history? I just noticed it. I looked at the source code, but didn't see anything interesting. I was using Windows XP Professional SP2 (all updates). Thank you in advance. :) -- Allah's Apostle said, "Once while a prophet amongst the prophets was taking a rest underneath a tree, an ant bit him. He, therefore, ordered that his luggage be taken away from underneath that tree and then ordered that the dwelling place of the ants should be set on fire. Allah...

Can't figure out what's wrong with mail URL's
I have a problem in that when I click a URL within my mail client (Mozilla Thunderbird) - it downloads HTML and then displays it in IE with an address of C:\Documents and Settings\my name\Local Settings\Temp\name of HTML file This means that none of the associated images etc are displayed. The only way I can get the site to load properly is to copy and paste the URL into IE directly. Previously I was using Mozilla Firebird as my default browser. Anyone know what is going on here? Thanks! XP Pro SP1, IE 6.0, Mozilla Thunderbird 0.4 Paul Jackson <jackson.p.g@ayte...

Security startup's creed: you can't hack what you can't see
Security software startup Trusted Network Technologies Inc. is expected to come out of hiding this week. But it hopes its customers will appreciate the ability to make their networks and critical information systems more clandestine. The company is expected to disclose today that it has received $6 million in first-round funding from Charles River Ventures and Flagship Ventures, and it will unveil its access-management app, Identity, which sports a sneaky twist. According to company founder and CEO Stephen Gant, the app provides user access control by embedding a two-factor identity--one linked to the user and the other to the system--into each session request. Authentication requires no extra steps be taken by the user, and there's no impact on network operations, Gant says. [ Read more ] http://www.internetweek.com/breakingNews/showArticle.jhtml;jsessionid=BOQMCPFXKOULGQSNDBCCKHSCJUMEYJVN?articleID=10700107 -- Regard: Joh@nnes "If U know neither the enemy nor yourself,U will succumb in every battle" ...

Dropdownlist on website
When I access an application written in asp.net 2.0 on my pc (uses XP) and on a laptop (using Vista), I can type into the dropdownlist to search for a record.  But other pc's (using XP) do not allow the user type to do a search.  Only the first letter of the word or the drop down are available to do a search.   Does anyone know why it would work with some pc's but not on others? I think this behaviour is in IE 7, check to see what versions of IE the PC's have that done work.--------------------------------------------------------Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post(s) that helped you.NHibernate with ASP.net Problem-Design-Solution sample applicationScott ASP.net blog That is it.  I installed IE7 on one of the pc's that still had IE6 and I can now type the name into the dropdownlist.  Thanks....

changes made from one user's webpart's page, effects all user's
 I am just doing this offline right now in Visual Web Developer Express 2008I created the login inonce in the memberpage area, people can modify their webpart page. I created several users to test this out.  I loaded it in a browser.When I make changes as logged in user "A" .  Then logout and login as user "B", user "B,s" webpart page has been changed to user "A".This goes true for whomever I log in as.  It changes for everyone.Is there something specific I need to do in order to get everyone's changes to be unique for them & not go across the board? What authentication mode you are using? Maybe you are using Window Authentication? Regards,Vinz"Code, Beer and Music" that's my way of being a programmer!How to get your Forum Question Answered | Blog | CodeASP.NET in my config it says<section name="authenticationService" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingAuthenticationServiceSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication"/> in another spot<authentication mode="Forms" />   Do you have this in your Web Config settings?<webParts>            <personalization defaultProvider="SqlPersonalizationProvider">    ...

Can't believe it's not beta!
Name: Walter Addley Email: waddley_at_gmail.com Product: Bon Echo Summary: Can't believe it's not beta! Comments: This is the first time I think I've ever tested an alpha build this solid! It's working better than 1.5 does on this machine (SuSe 10 x86_64.) I'll be updating my regular blog with updates on how Firefox Bon Echo Alpha is treating me over at http://punkcomp.org, too. Nothing too indepth, just some real user input from a real user. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686 (x86_64); en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20060321 Firefox/2.0a1 ...

I can add a property just fine, but I can't 'Edit'
Here is my dilemma. Our company has three levels of user - Exec, Staff, and Nonperson (i.e. an account that represents a role and not an individual - such as 'administrator'). Currently this information is in nested groups - i.e. there is an 'Exec' group that contains 'ny-exec' and 'la-exec', etc. I wrote a script that set the 'employeeType' attribute for members of one of these groups. This code worked fine, here is a snippet: Dim type As String = IIf(exec.Checked, "Executive", "Staff") Dim individual As DirectoryEntry = root 'Root is the person's ...

I can't stop a 'what's new' tab opening
Name: Bradley Crees Product: Shiretoko Summary: I can't stop a 'what's new' tab opening Comments: every time I open firefox it opens a tab with http://en-us.www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/3.1b1/whatsnew/ I can't stop it coming up, and it's affecting my ocd Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1b1) Gecko/20081007 Firefox/3.1b1 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. On Oct 31, 4:02=A0pm, Bradley Crees <hendrix-no-replyatmozilladotorg> wrote: > Name: =A0 =A0Bradley Crees > Product: Shiretoko > Summary: I can't stop a 'what's new' tab opening > > Comments: > every time I open firefox it opens a tab withhttp://en-us.www.mozilla.com= /en-US/firefox/3.1b1/whatsnew/I can't stop > it coming up, and it's affecting my ocd > > Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1= b1) Gecko/20081007 Firefox/3.1b1 > From URL:http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ > > Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedb= ack > but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them = to > see it. Yes i am getting the same thing opens home page tab + whats new tab , very iritating ...

Apple's "One to One" page won't load in Firefox 3.5
Name: Jeff Joslin Email: joslindotjeffatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Apple's "One to One" page won't load in Firefox 3.5 Comments: I can't get on the Apple "one to one" page with the new 3.5 software update. Here is a link: http://onetoone.apple.com/WebObjects/RRSPortal.woa/wa/home Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9.1) Gecko/20090624 Firefox/3.5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide ...

can't get reports 'Old Chart's and 'New Charts' to work properly
1. If I try and draw a chart it doesn't go beyond June of this year so I'm missing a lot of data in the output. 2. Is there a reason for this - I have been modding bugzilla so that it has an extra status field from earlier this year - would that have had an impact ? 3. Also when I try and do a Old Chart or NewChart I can't see my new 'Status' field to select - this is ok if I do a bar chart though. cheers On Mon, 2011-12-05 at 03:25 -0800, nothtb@ukonline.co.uk wrote: > 1. If I try and draw a chart it doesn't go beyond June of this year so &g...

Suggestion for Steve "How do we tell what's current & what's obsolete?" Can you add dates to your pages
Steve, We all appreciate your work and respect the honesty and integrity of what you do. This suggestion might help some of us who visit your site occasionally, but are not there everyday. And for people like me who have discovered your site only relatively recently, it would be a big help. The problem: How to tell if an item is still an active issue and whether it applies to my OS & machine. Details: As I browse the site I see a lot of interesting items. But I have no way of telling when they were developed, whether the item is still an issue that I need to address o...

Can't base report on stored procedure--'Can't create Datawindow'
I installed IM65 today to give it a try. I made a db config to our local ASE 11.9.2 engine via Sybase' odbc driver that came with 11.9.2. I start a new report, tell it to be tabular and to get data from a SP. It asks which SP and I tell it. The result is an odbc error: Cannot create DataWindow Intersolv SQL ODBC driver: Incorrect syntax near '='. 1 execute dbo.sp_si_addressbest_;0 RETURN_VALUE = :RETURN_VALUE' I can execute the SP fine from SQL Advantage or from Crytal Reports. Thanks. -- Frank Burleigh Indiana University School of Law Bloomi...

One of the iManager's doesn't have 'Module Installation' under Configure?
Well, I'm a bit 'confused', one of the servers' imanager doesn't have the Module Installation showing under Configure. What to do? NW6.5SP5upd1 -- /fribse Please ask this in the iManager forum, thanks. -- Andrew C Taubman Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp http://support.novell.com/forums (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail) Opinions expressed above are not necessarily those of Novell Inc. NetwareGuy wrote: >one of the servers' imanager doesn't have >the Module Installation showing under Configure. uninstall and r...

Can't add server to tree/can't remove server.
I don't know where to start in this saga. I was merrily installing SP5 to my treee with 4 OES netware servers(all with SP4) when the second one hung because it couldn't expand a zip file. Maybe I could have recovered at that point but there was no indication that it was bacause of low disk space or anything like that. I decided to down the server (only used for NDPS printing, about 15 printers, Not that much to rebuild) Cleaned up the tree, rebuilt the server, did my DS maintenance, Could not install new server into tree. Several attempts, lots of maintenance, no success...

Can't allocate space for object '' in database 'tempdb',How can I do?
when I run system procedure,I got following messages : Can't allocate space for object '' in database 'tempdb' because the 'system'segment is full. If you ran out of space in syslogs, dump the transaction log. Otherwise, use ALTER DATABASE or sp_extendsegment to increase the size of thesegment. Failed to allocate disk space for a work table in database 'mydb'. You may be able to free up space by using the DUMP TRANsaction command, or you may want to extend the size of the database by using the ALTER DATABASE command. thanks. allan wrote... > when I run system procedure,I got following messages : > > Can't allocate space for object '' in database 'tempdb' because the > 'system'segment is full. If you ran out of space in syslogs, dump the > transaction log. > Otherwise, use ALTER DATABASE or sp_extendsegment to increase the size of > thesegment. > Failed to allocate disk space for a work table in database 'mydb'. You may > be able to free up space by using the DUMP TRANsaction command, or you may > want to extend the size of the database by using the ALTER DATABASE > command. > > thanks. > It sounds like your tempdb is too small or you're trying to do too much for the configured space. -- Jim Egan [TeamSybase] Senior Consultant Sybase Professional Services Sybase TechWave 2001 http://www.sybase.com/even...

'do' won't 'do' if '/'

'Home'page language change to 'Start'page
Name: Ashley Stevenson Email: firefox_at_mrashley.com Product: Firefox Summary: 'Home'page language change to 'Start'page Comments: Let's change the term 'homepage' to 'startpage' in firefox. Startpage has a more concise and accurate meaning. As a technical support worker, I have spoken to many people who have inferred that homepage somehow relates to his or her ISP. If this is changed he or she becomes worried that the billing method may be changed as well. From the view of a more experienced user (who remembers very early versions o...

Can any one help due to this problem Error 1 'System.Web.UI.Page.Application' is a 'property' but is used like a 'method'
Hi all ! while creating application,session variables i am getting this problem can u suggest any one. Error 1 'System.Web.UI.Page.Application' is a 'property' but is used like a 'method'  lokesh   As a general guideline for seeking help, always show the code that is not working for you.  Your description alone is not enough for us to be able to help you. Alister kplokesh: Hi all ! while creating application,session variables i am getting this problem can u suggest any one. Error 1 'System.Web.UI.Page.Application' is a 'property' but is us...

Can't connect to this Verizon's Web page?
Hello! Is anyone else having problems connecting to http://www22.verizon.com/ForYourHome/sas/sas_AppLandingPage.aspx?FlowID=PWDContact from http://www22.verizon.com/CustomerSupport/ContactUs/Index/ (click on "Customers with Disabilities" at the bottom of the Web page)? Internet Explorer v6.0 SP1 on the same Windows 2000 SP4 machine had no problems. Thank you in advance. :) -- Phillip Pi Senior Software Quality Assurance Analyst Norton SystemWorks (PC) Symantec Corporation www.symantec.com ----------------------------------------------------- Email: phillip_pi@s...

can't close a tab if it's the only one open
Name: Ken Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: can't close a tab if it's the only one open Comments: i don't like this change. at least before, if you closed the last tab, it would close whatever page was in it and leave a blank tab. this change makes me :( Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1) Gecko/20090624 Firefox/3.5 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender ...

Web resources about - can't u add a feature tthat let's me have more that one home page - netscape.beta.feedback