Alps touchpad "back" and "forward" gesture doesn't work

Name:    PGG
Email:   petergeorgegoetz at netscape.net
Product: Firefox

Comments:
The Alps touchpad is set up to use the scroll area at the top of the pad
as "back" and "forward" controls for browsers.
Scrolling a page up and down DOES work with touchpad gestures.

It works with IE 6.0, but doesn't work with any Firefox version.
BTW, it doesn't work with Opera 8.5 either.

The Alps driver is 5.4.102.12.

I've seen lots of requests for help with this bug.  There were a number
of people trying to give helpful suggestions, but they have generally
misunderstood the problem.  There is no solution MORE THAN 2 1/2 years
after this bug was first reported!!!  I was REALLY hoping this would
have been fixed in 1.5, but it hasn't.
Does it work with _any_ laptop touchpad?

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20051025 Firefox/1.5
0
PGG
11/10/2005 3:57:45 AM
netscape.beta.feedback 5379 articles. 0 followers. Follow

The problem is not with the Alps touchpad or its driver, but rather one
with Firefox. This back/forward touchpad event is thrown by Windows,
which is why it works in IE. IE catches the event and acts upon it. The
problem is that these two Windows events are not being caught by
Firefox. Firefox needs to be fixed to catch these Windows events and
map them to back / forward calls. This has been a known bug for ages.

I imagine that all touchpads have this same behaviour with Firefox, as
the Windows events that Firefox is ignoring are probably the same ones
thrown by other drivers - not positive on this though.

Just FYI, this is not fixed yet in 1.5 beta3.

0
jeff

Mouse "go back" and "go forward" buttons don't work
Name: Matti Email: boofy_blokeatyahoodotcom.au Product: SeaMonkey Summary: Mouse "go back" and "go forward" buttons don't work Comments: But the toolbar buttons still do. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20061118 SeaMonkey/1.5a ...

FF 3 beta 3
Name: Jeff Reynolds Email: jeffdotkvnfatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: FF 3 beta 3 - "send link" or "mailto:" doesn't work if T-Bird already running Comments: Howdy! If Thunderbird is already running, Firefox3 b3 returns an error message if a "mailto:" link is clicked or the "Send Link" menu item is selected. text: "Thunderbird is already running but is not responding. To open a new window you must first close the existing Thunderbird process or restart your system." Win XP, T-Bird 2.0.0.9, Fir...

about the "back" and "forward"
Name: Elvin Email: ongchingshunatyahoodotcom Product: Minefield Summary: about the "back" and "forward" Comments: can you add the "back" and "forward" system so i can back to my previous page Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:2.0a1pre) Gecko/2008032202 Minefield/4.0a1pre From URL: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/minefield/ ...

Gridview height="300px" works but height="40%" doesn't work
I want to divide to top-half (40%), bottom-half(60%). So I can put a gridview in top-half with scroll and put a chart in bottom-half. So when users with different resolution can see same table layout. But the problem is that if I set the gridview as pixel(such as 300px), it works. If I put the percentage(such as 40%), gridview just shows the whole data(which is more than 40% of height) even thought it supposed to limit its hieght to 40% and make it scrollable. I tried to do stuff in css and everything I know, it's not working. Somebody please help me with this!   Trying re...

.ALLCOL("%COLUMN%", " ", ", ", ", ")

V 3.5
Name: Jonathan Raven Email: JRavenatfraserlawfirmdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: V 3.5 - "Go back one page" & "Go forward one page" don't work Comments: Just upgrated to FF 3.5 ... "Go back one page" & "Go forward one page" buttons don't work ... both are greyed out ... I have never seen this before on any application ... looks like a bug ... please provide feedback. Thanks Jonathan Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1) Gecko/20090624 Firefox/3.5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozi...

"Change columns" and "Remember search" doesn't work in Bugzilla
hi, "Change columns" and "Remember search" doesn't work in Bugzilla. Clicking on these buttons throws "Page cannot be displayed Technical Information (for support personnel) Error Code: 500 Internal Server Error. The request was rejected by the HTTP filter. Contact the server administrator. (12217) " I am using Bugzilla version 2.22.7, Bugzilla is hosted on Linux server. Any hint on this problem will be of great help. thanks & regards Dhananjaya Guten Tag chintu apr, am Freitag, 13. Juli 2012 um 07:23 schrieben ...

No "Back" and "Forward" Buttons
Name: Andrew Downer Email: adotdowneratacornbddotcomdotau Product: Firefox Summary: No "Back" and "Forward" Buttons Comments: My new forefox 3.5.2 has No "Back" and "Forward" Buttons on the top toolbar, Help please Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.5; en-GB; rv:1.9.1.2) Gecko/20090729 Firefox/3.5.2 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

buttons "Forward" and "Back"
Name: Ivanov Andrew Email: ivanoffatpochtadotru Product: Firefox Summary: buttons "Forward" and "Back" Comments: After updating from version 2.14 buttons "Forward" and "Back" were gone , all additions are disconnected. Reinstallation has not helped: ( Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; ru; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008052906 Firefox/3.0 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

quotes, quotes, quotes...

Like "'" + Billtocompany + "%'" does not work
Dear All,  I have put the following code and not records returned. Do you know Why? Even I have set the variables to be empty string. SQL Data Source: <asp:SqlDataSource ID="SqlDataSource1" runat="server" ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:THL2ConnectionString %>"     SelectCommand="SELECT BLInv.InvNo, .....from ...... WHERE (BLInv.BilltoCompany like @BillToCompany) AND (BLInv.CountryCode like @CountryCode) AND (BLInv.Quarter like @Quarter)">        <SelectParameter...

example "Using the ASP.Net "Atlas" XmlDataSource control" doesn't work!
on : http://atlas.asp.net/docs/atlas/doc/data/default.aspx#XmlDataSource, the "Using the ASP.Net "Atlas" XmlDataSource control" doesn't work.On click of the link, I redirect it to the http://www.asp.net/forums page.Can someone help me solving the problem?Thanks in advace,Stefano Stefano, This appears to work for me. Can you please try it again in a new browser window? Alternatively, you can go to http://atlas.asp.net/docs/atlas/doc/data/default.aspx and then scroll down. Thanks, ShankuShanku Niyogi This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights...

Run("ping.exe " + XX + " >\ping.txt") doesn't work???
Hi, Run("ping.exe " + XX + " >\ping.txt") doesn't work. Do you have an idea? Thanks A.Willemann I have my answer : ls_cmd = "cmd.exe /c ping.exe -n 1 " + as_ping + " > \ping.txt" li_ret = RUN( ls_cmd, Minimized! ) and work with Windows CE. "Ang´┐Żlique Willemann" <angelique.willemann@logica.com> wrote in message news:48ef3778$1@forums-1-dub... > Hi, > > Run("ping.exe " + XX + " >\ping.txt") doesn't work. Do you have an idea? > > Thanks > A.Willemann > ...

Web resources about - Alps touchpad "back" and "forward" gesture doesn't work - netscape.beta.feedback