Windows-7, TB Account window, lock on email account icon?

I have 6 email accounts in the TB account window. All are POP3.

3 have a lock on the email icon,
	are by default (google, nc.rr.com, and Yahoo)
	They seem to working as expected.

The other three are earthlink.net.

What is the lock telling me?

Carl
0
Kingdaddy
3/20/2017 3:51:37 PM
mozilla.support.thunderbird 22176 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

On 3/20/2017 8:51 AM, Kingdaddy 2 wrote:
> I have 6 email accounts in the TB account window. All are POP3.
>
> 3 have a lock on the email icon,
> 	are by default (google, nc.rr.com, and Yahoo)
> 	They seem to working as expected.
>
> The other three are earthlink.net.
>
> What is the lock telling me?
>

> Carl

The lock indicates that you connect to the mail server with connection
security, either SSL/TLS or (less secure) Start TLS.  If you are using
POP3 and SMTP, this applies to the POP3 connection; there is no security
indicator for SMTP.  I do not use IMAP, so I do not know if any of this
applies to IMAP connections.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com>

Consider:
*  Most state mandate that drivers have liability insurance.
*  Employers are mandated to have worker's compensation insurance.
*  If you live in a flood zone, flood insurance is mandatory.
*  If your home has a mortgate, fire insurance is mandatory.

Why then is mandatory health insurance so bad??
0
David
3/20/2017 4:08:20 PM
On 3/20/17 12:08 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
> On 3/20/2017 8:51 AM, Kingdaddy 2 wrote:
>> I have 6 email accounts in the TB account window. All are POP3.
>>
>> 3 have a lock on the email icon,
>> 	are by default (google, nc.rr.com, and Yahoo)
>> 	They seem to working as expected.
>>
>> The other three are earthlink.net.
>>
>> What is the lock telling me?
>>

>> Carl
>>
> The lock indicates that you connect to the mail server with connection
> security, either SSL/TLS or (less secure) Start TLS.  If you are using
> POP3 and SMTP, this applies to the POP3 connection; there is no security
> indicator for SMTP.  I do not use IMAP, so I do not know if any of this
> applies to IMAP connections.

It does for my AOL IMAP account.

--
Go Gonzaga and WVU! Only one can continue! Go Gonzaga!
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>

0
WaltS48