Window sizes for account settings.

I've been on Thunderbird for too many years.  And so many versions.
Now, I'm almost sure, one of the later updates seems to have an issue.

I was trying to set some settings on one email account I have and when I
clicked on the account in the side panel and did properties of the
account, that properties window opens too high for my resolution screen.
  If there is any okay or close or apply buttons at the bottom I can't
hit them.   I can't slide the window up to see them, I can't resize the
window, it's fixed except for width.   Max width helps as some lines of
info wrap a bit different but I'm still unable to see the bottom even
with bottom bar hidden.

I'm running TB 52.8 and Linux Mint 18.3.

Any suggestions?
0
Big

On 06/26/2018 04:37 AM, Big Al wrote:
> I've been on Thunderbird for too many years.  And so many versions.
> Now, I'm almost sure, one of the later updates seems to have an
> issue.
>
> I was trying to set some settings on one email account I have and
> when I clicked on the account in the side panel and did properties
> of the account, that properties window opens too high for my
> resolution screen. If there is any okay or close or apply buttons at
> the bottom I can't hit them.   I can't slide the window up to see
> them,

Why not, is the titlebar off the screen?

> I can't resize the window, it's fixed except for width.   Max width
> helps as some lines of info wrap a bit different but I'm still unable
> to see the bottom even with bottom bar hidden.
>
> I'm running TB 52.8 and Linux Mint 18.3.
>
> Any suggestions?

These keyboard shortcuts work with Compiz and Xfce window managers:

Alt+F7 puts a 'move' cursor right in the center of the focused window.
Drag the window, then left-click sticks it where you want it.

Alt while left-clicking puts a 'move' cursor anywhere on the active window.

--
I once played with Wobbly Windows springiness and viscosity settings,
then sent a window wobbling its way across and off the screen. I
On 06/26/2018 01:37 PM, Big Al wrote:
> I've been on Thunderbird for too many years.=C2=A0 And so many versions=
=2E
> Now, I'm almost sure, one of the later updates seems to have an issue.
>=20
> I was trying to set some settings on one email account I have and when =
I=20
> clicked on the account in the side panel and did properties of the=20
> account, that properties window opens too high for my resolution screen=
=2E=20
>  =C2=A0If there is any okay or close or apply buttons at the bottom I c=
an't=20
> hit them.=C2=A0=C2=A0 I can't slide the window up to see them, I can't =
resize the=20
> window, it's fixed except for width.=C2=A0=C2=A0 Max width helps as som=
e lines of=20
> info wrap a bit different but I'm still unable to see the bottom even=20
> with bottom bar hidden.
>=20
> I'm running TB 52.8 and Linux Mint 18.3.
>=20
> Any suggestions?

You should try min-height, something like this:

#accountManager {
   min-height: 58em;
   min-width: 66em;
}

Or smaller, which will probably add scrollbars in the dialog.
And you may have to add !important to overrule any existing settings.

0
dillinger
6/26/2018 9:33:17 PM
On 06/26/2018 05:15 PM, ░▒▓▀▄▀▄▓▒░ wrote:
> On 06/26/2018 04:37 AM, Big Al wrote:
>> I've been on Thunderbird for too many years.  And so many versions.
>> Now, I'm almost sure, one of the later updates seems to have an
>> issue.
>>
>> I was trying to set some settings on one email account I have and
>> when I clicked on the account in the side panel and did properties
>> of the account, that properties window opens too high for my
>> resolution screen. If there is any okay or close or apply buttons at
>> the bottom I can't hit them.   I can't slide the window up to see
>> them,
>
> Why not, is the titlebar off the screen?
>
>> I can't resize the window, it's fixed except for width.   Max width
>> helps as some lines of info wrap a bit different but I'm still unable
>> to see the bottom even with bottom bar hidden.
>>
>> I'm running TB 52.8 and Linux Mint 18.3.
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>
> These keyboard shortcuts work with Compiz and Xfce window managers:
>
> Alt+F7 puts a 'move' cursor right in the center of the focused window.
> Drag the window, then left-click sticks it where you want it.
>
> Alt while left-clicking puts a 'move' cursor anywhere on the active window.

I can move it but I can't move the top higher than the top of the screen
in order to show the bottom.  The whole window is 25% larger than my
screen height.

I have a fix with a CSS line of code.

0
Big
6/26/2018 10:39:26 PM
On 06/26/2018 05:33 PM, dillinger wrote:
> On 06/26/2018 01:37 PM, Big Al wrote:
>> I've been on Thunderbird for too many years.  And so many versions.
>> Now, I'm almost sure, one of the later updates seems to have an issue.
>>
>> I was trying to set some settings on one email account I have and when
>> I clicked on the account in the side panel and did properties of the
>> account, that properties window opens too high for my resolution
>> screen.   If there is any okay or close or apply buttons at the bottom
>> I can't hit them.   I can't slide the window up to see them, I can't
>> resize the window, it's fixed except for width.   Max width helps as
>> some lines of info wrap a bit different but I'm still unable to see
>> the bottom even with bottom bar hidden.
>>
>> I'm running TB 52.8 and Linux Mint 18.3.
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>
> You should try min-height, something like this:
>
> #accountManager {
>    min-height: 58em;
>    min-width: 66em;
> }
>
> Or smaller, which will probably add scrollbars in the dialog.
> And you may have to add !important to overrule any existing settings.

The #accountManager fixed it.  I saw the same code from Chris Ramsden
first but either way I did have to set the height to 36em;

0
Big