Why this error when adding a gmail IMAP account?

I am trying to add a gmail account to Thunderbird, but it is not
working. I have never seen this error before, and did not even imagine
it could exist.

IMAP is enabled for this account. We can log into it with a browser, and
just did it to check. But Thunderbird is not accessing it! It shows this
window after I type my account and password in the "add email account"
window:

http://imgbox.com/J9mcA3vE

There, it is written:

-*-*-*-*-
Give credentials to [account] in imap.gmail.com
https://accounts.google.com/o/nocookie
--
You reached this page because we detected cookies are disabled in your
browser. It will not be possible to show correctly, the page you tried

[Enable cookies] and try again or go back to your browser.
-*-*-*-*-

"Enable cookies" is a link that points somewhere I cannot know without
visiting it. Right? I did not click it, but I imagine it is a simple
help page about cookies in Firefox.

Thunderbird is a mail manager, I want no cookies with it. IMAP does not
use any, as far as I know. But the error message seems to go further...
I find it very strange.

Why? What is the problem here?

A couple of weeks ago we accessed the same account in TB (a bit older
version) without problem. Now, 45.8.0 does not work, for this account only.
0
Balaco
11/12/2017 9:19:52 PM
mozilla.support.thunderbird 22135 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow