Which was the account order extension?

Not so long ago, I installed an extension to change the accounts' order
in Thunderbird. Which would be better for version 45?

It had a menu item to open it and change the order. Which one is that?
Do you know?

I searched a bit:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=thunderbird+account+order&t=ffsb&ia=web

And found

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/folderpane-tools/

which I am not sure was it.

And also found:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/manually-sort-folders/

Should not be this last one.

Any others? Which extension for account order you would recommend today
for version 45.8.0?
0
Balaco
11/12/2017 3:19:57 PM
mozilla.support.thunderbird 22137 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

On 12.11.2017 16:19, Balaco wrote:
> Not so long ago, I installed an extension to change the accounts' order
> in Thunderbird. Which would be better for version 45?
>
> It had a menu item to open it and change the order. Which one is that?
> Do you know?
>
> I searched a bit:

[snip]

> And also found:
>
> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/manually-sort-folders/
>
> Should not be this last one.

Why not?

0
Christian
11/12/2017 4:22:21 PM
Em 12-11-2017 14:22, Christian Riechers escreveu:
> On 12.11.2017 16:19, Balaco wrote:
>> Not so long ago, I installed an extension to change the accounts' order
>> in Thunderbird. Which would be better for version 45?
>>
>> It had a menu item to open it and change the order. Which one is that?
>> Do you know?
>>
>> I searched a bit:
>
> [snip]
>
>> And also found:
>>
>> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/manually-sort-folders/
>>
>> Should not be this last one.
>
> Why not?

Just because it sorts folders, is what I thought. If it was that, I
think I would have known that I had it (not guaranteed, of course, since
I forgot its name). And I have wished before to be able to
resort/change/hide IMAP folders.

It was an extension that I installed and use just one time. So the name
vanished with ease from my memory.

Why you ask?
0
Balaco
11/12/2017 4:56:36 PM
On 11/12/2017 05:56 PM, Balaco wrote:
> Em 12-11-2017 14:22, Christian Riechers escreveu:
>> On 12.11.2017 16:19, Balaco wrote:
>>> Not so long ago, I installed an extension to change the accounts' order
>>> in Thunderbird. Which would be better for version 45?
>>>
>>> It had a menu item to open it and change the order. Which one is that?
>>> Do you know?
>>>
>>> I searched a bit:
>>
>> [snip]
>>
>>> And also found:
>>>
>>> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/manually-sort-folders/
>>>
>>> Should not be this last one.
>>
>> Why not?
>
> Just because it sorts folders, is what I thought. If it was that, I
> think I would have known that I had it (not guaranteed, of course, since
> I forgot its name). And I have wished before to be able to
> resort/change/hide IMAP folders.
>
> It was an extension that I installed and use just one time. So the name
> vanished with ease from my memory.
>
> Why you ask?

I'd suggest you carefully read the add-on description on AMO.
0
Christian
11/12/2017 5:16:43 PM
Em 12-11-2017 15:16, Christian Riechers escreveu:
> On 11/12/2017 05:56 PM, Balaco wrote:

>>> [snip]

>>> Why not?
>>
>> Just because it sorts folders, is what I thought. If it was that, I
>> think I would have known that I had it (not guaranteed, of course, since
>> I forgot its name). And I have wished before to be able to
>> resort/change/hide IMAP folders.
>>
>> It was an extension that I installed and use just one time. So the name
>> vanished with ease from my memory.
>>
>> Why you ask?
>
> I'd suggest you carefully read the add-on description on AMO.

Ok, will read the descriptions for the two add-ons I pointed above.

It is not the first time: what is AMO in our context? Searching a bit
did not ring something.
/-:
0
Balaco
11/12/2017 5:21:43 PM
Em 12-11-2017 15:21, Balaco escreveu:
> Em 12-11-2017 15:16, Christian Riechers escreveu:

>>> Just because it sorts folders, is what I thought. If it was that, I
>>> think I would have known that I had it (not guaranteed, of course, since
>>> I forgot its name). And I have wished before to be able to
>>> resort/change/hide IMAP folders.
>>>
>>> It was an extension that I installed and use just one time. So the name
>>> vanished with ease from my memory.
>>>
>>> Why you ask?
>>
>> I'd suggest you carefully read the add-on description on AMO.
>>

> Ok, will read the descriptions for the two add-ons I pointed above.
>
> It is not the first time: what is AMO in our context? Searching a bit
> did not ring something.
> /-:

I read the descriptions again, and did not see anything new. When I sent
the first message here, I knew that manually-sort-folders extension
could sort accounts. And this is the reason why I pointed it.

I do not understand your idea.
0
Balaco
11/12/2017 5:42:47 PM
On 11/12/2017 09:19, Balaco wrote:
> Not so long ago, I installed an extension to change the accounts' order
> in Thunderbird. Which would be better for version 45?
>
> It had a menu item to open it and change the order. Which one is that?
> Do you know?
>
 > snip
 >
> And also found:
>
> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/manually-sort-folders/

This, I believe, is the one you want.  It will sort both folders and
accounts.

I use it myself and it's easy to implement.

--
Revvie Quar

Gryphons *RAWK!*
"I don't do drugs.  I am drugs" - Salvador Dali
0
Revvie
11/12/2017 5:56:34 PM
On 12/11/17 17:21, Balaco wrote:

> It is not the first time: what is AMO in our context? Searching a bit did not ring something.
> /-:

AMO == add-ons.mozilla.org, typically: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/

You need to get used to arcane private language in and around mozilla products. ;-)

Manually Sort Folders is my go-to add-on to re-arrange account ordering.

>From https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/manually-sort-folders :

"This extension also allows you to re-order accounts in the folder pane."
--
Chris
0
Em 12-11-2017 20:08, Chris Ramsden escreveu:
> On 12/11/17 17:21, Balaco wrote:
>>
>> It is not the first time: what is AMO in our context? Searching a bit did not ring something.
>> /-:
>>
> AMO == add-ons.mozilla.org, typically: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/
>
> You need to get used to arcane private language in and around mozilla products. ;-)
>
> Manually Sort Folders is my go-to add-on to re-arrange account ordering.
>
>>From https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/manually-sort-folders :
>
> "This extension also allows you to re-order accounts in the folder pane."

There should be a page documenting those things. Sometimes we do not
know and do not guess what it is - like I did, but I imagine that
several people will not ask.

I installed that extension and used it (which I will probably not do
again for several days). Seems fine, indeed.

Thank you very much!
0
Balaco
11/12/2017 10:12:04 PM
On 12/11/2017 22:12, Balaco wrote:
> Em 12-11-2017 20:08, Chris Ramsden escreveu:
>> On 12/11/17 17:21, Balaco wrote:
>>>
>>> It is not the first time: what is AMO in our context? Searching a bit
>>> did not ring something.
>>> /-:
>>>
>> AMO == add-ons.mozilla.org, typically:
>> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/
>>
>> You need to get used to arcane private language in and around mozilla
>> products. ;-)
>>
>> Manually Sort Folders is my go-to add-on to re-arrange account ordering.
>>
>>> From
>>> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/manually-sort-folders
>>> :
>>
>> "This extension also allows you to re-order accounts in the folder pane."
>
> There should be a page documenting those things. Sometimes we do not
> know and do not guess what it is - like I did, but I imagine that
> several people will not ask.

In the old days, almost every newsgroup would produce its own FAQ, which
somebody would volunteer to post on a weekly or monthly basis;  but I
haven't seen that done for years now, even as a link to a web page
rather than as a newsgroup post.  Shame, because it was a very useful
resource.
--
Molly Mockford
Nature loves variety. Unfortunately, society hates it. (Milton Diamond
Molly Mockford wrote:
> Balaco wrote:
>> Chris Ramsden wrote:
>>>
>>> "This extension also allows you to re-order accounts in the folder pane."
>>
>> There should be a page documenting those things. Sometimes we do not
>> know and do not guess what it is - like I did, but I imagine that
>> several people will not ask.
>
> In the old days, almost every newsgroup would produce its own FAQ, which
> somebody would volunteer to post on a weekly or monthly basis;  but I
> haven't seen that done for years now, even as a link to a web page
> rather than as a newsgroup post.  Shame, because it was a very useful
> resource.

In the old days newbies joined newsgroups by the score. Things have
changed dramatically since, and oldbies got bored by those postings,
so they killfiled them. At the same time search engines got better.
So those posting became useless and stopped.

-p

0
PietB
11/13/2017 9:33:41 AM
On 12.11.2017 18:21, Balaco wrote:
> Em 12-11-2017 15:16, Christian Riechers escreveu:

>>> Just because it sorts folders, is what I thought. If it was that, I
>>> think I would have known that I had it (not guaranteed, of course, since
>>> I forgot its name). And I have wished before to be able to
>>> resort/change/hide IMAP folders.
>>>
>>> It was an extension that I installed and use just one time. So the name
>>> vanished with ease from my memory.
>>>
>>> Why you ask?
>>
>> I'd suggest you carefully read the add-on description on AMO.
>
> Ok, will read the descriptions for the two add-ons I pointed above.
>
> It is not the first time: what is AMO in our context?

addons.mozilla.org

> Searching a bit
> did not ring something.
> /-:

Wrt the Manually-sort-folders extension it looks like you found this by now:
"This extension also allows you to re-order accounts in the folder pane."

I don't know why it's been so hard though.
0
Christian
11/13/2017 6:45:46 PM
Em 13-11-2017 16:45, Christian Riechers escreveu:
> On 12.11.2017 18:21, Balaco wrote:

>>> I'd suggest you carefully read the add-on description on AMO.
>>
>> Ok, will read the descriptions for the two add-ons I pointed above.
>>
>> It is not the first time: what is AMO in our context?
>
> addons.mozilla.org
>
>> Searching a bit
>> did not ring something.
>> /-:
>
> Wrt the Manually-sort-folders extension it looks like you found this by now:
> "This extension also allows you to re-order accounts in the folder pane."
>
> I don't know why it's been so hard though.

It is not that it was hard. I just wanted to find the same extension I
used before - and that extension did not seem the right one. And
manually-sort-folders does not have the account ordeing things as its
main purpose, I guessed it could not be as good as the other, for
reasons of "not being the main focus of it".
0
Balaco
11/14/2017 10:02:26 AM

Simon