Where in the profile are newsgroup data, and news and blogs data, stored?

Due to a problem which I won't go into (it's now solved) I had to
restore my TB profile from OS X's Time Capsule.  But somehow in the
process I lost all my newsgroups and lost all my RS feeds.

I would like to be able to restore just those from Time Capsule.  Where
in the profile are they located?

I've done a whole lot of work in my regular e-mail since the restore, so
now I no longer want to restore the entire profile, just those two items.

Thanks in advance
0
Dudley
3/5/2018 6:36:21 PM
mozilla.support.thunderbird 22440 articles. 4 followers. Post Follow

On 3/5/18 1:36 PM, Dudley Brooks wrote:
> Due to a problem which I won't go into (it's now solved) I had to
> restore my TB profile from OS X's Time Capsule.  But somehow in the
> process I lost all my newsgroups and lost all my RS feeds.
>
> I would like to be able to restore just those from Time Capsule. Where
> in the profile are they located?
>
> I've done a whole lot of work in my regular e-mail since the restore,
> so now I no longer want to restore the entire profile, just those two
> items.
>
> Thanks in advance

Newsgroups are in the News folder, and News and Blogs are in the Feeds
folder of the Mail folder in my profile.

The Mail folder is for my POP3 accounts. No idea where it might be if
the user only has iMap accounts.

--
Best name ever! Cadet Bone Spurs
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>

0
WaltS48
3/5/2018 6:54:25 PM
Dudley Brooks wrote on 3/5/2018 12:36 PM:
> Due to a problem which I won't go into (it's now solved) I had to
> restore my TB profile from OS X's Time Capsule.  But somehow in the
> process I lost all my newsgroups and lost all my RS feeds.
>
> I would like to be able to restore just those from Time Capsule. Where
> in the profile are they located?
>
> I've done a whole lot of work in my regular e-mail since the restore, so
> now I no longer want to restore the entire profile, just those two items.
>
> Thanks in advance

The News folder contains the .rc files and sub-folders that contain the
newsgroups.

The .rc file is the number of the first and last news posting on the
server. Sometimes the number sequence is interrupted buy missing posts,
The listing will be of all the groups subscribed.

--
Ron K.
Thunderbird user since May, 2003

0
Ron
3/5/2018 9:59:46 PM
On 3/5/18 10:54 AM, WaltS48 wrote:

> On 3/5/18 1:36 PM, Dudley Brooks wrote:
 >
>> Due to a problem which I won't go into (it's now solved) I had to
>> restore my TB profile from OS X's Time Capsule.  But somehow in the
>> process I lost all my newsgroups and lost all my RS feeds.
>>
>> I would like to be able to restore just those from Time Capsule. Where
>> in the profile are they located?
>>
>> I've done a whole lot of work in my regular e-mail since the restore,
>> so now I no longer want to restore the entire profile, just those two
>> items.
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>

> Newsgroups are in the News folder, and News and Blogs are in the Feeds
> folder of the Mail folder in my profile.
>
> The Mail folder is for my POP3 accounts. No idea where it might be if
> the user only has iMap accounts.

Thanks, Walt248.  They turned out to be in the same place.  I was able
to restore everything.  Thanks again!
0
Dudley
3/7/2018 4:20:41 AM
On 3/5/18 1:59 PM, Ron K. wrote:

> Dudley Brooks wrote on 3/5/2018 12:36 PM:
 >
>> Due to a problem which I won't go into (it's now solved) I had to
>> restore my TB profile from OS X's Time Capsule.  But somehow in the
>> process I lost all my newsgroups and lost all my RS feeds.
>>
>> I would like to be able to restore just those from Time Capsule. Where
>> in the profile are they located?
>>
>> I've done a whole lot of work in my regular e-mail since the restore,
>> so now I no longer want to restore the entire profile, just those two
>> items.
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>
> The News folder contains the .rc files and sub-folders that contain the
> newsgroups.
>
> The .rc file is the number of the first and last news posting on the
> server. Sometimes the number sequence is interrupted buy missing posts,
> The listing will be of all the groups subscribed.

Thanks, Ron.  I was able to do the restore with the help of the info
from WaltS48.  Thanks for this additional info -- always useful!
0
Dudley