Where has an icon gone - or how do I get another

Hello,
When composing a message there was an icon on the compose bar that=20
enabled me to insert a horizontal line after the text, amongst other=20
facilities.
It's gone and I really would like to restore it.=A0 Anyone else had this?=

Found it ! I do feel rather stupid!
"insert a link" etc dooh!

//
////
On 01/08/2018 16:53, P Rawbone wrote:
> Hello,
> When composing a message there was an icon on the compose bar that=20
> enabled me to insert a horizontal line after the text, amongst other=20
> facilities.
> It's gone and I really would like to restore it.=A0 Anyone else had thi=
s?=20

On 8/1/2018 12:05 PM, P Rawbone wrote:
> Found it ! I do feel rather stupid!
> "insert a link" etc dooh!
>
> //
> ////
> On 01/08/2018 16:53, P Rawbone wrote:
>> Hello,
>> When composing a message there was an icon on the compose bar that
>> enabled me to insert a horizontal line after the text, amongst other
>> facilities.
>> It's gone and I really would like to restore it.  Anyone else had this?

One of the things that keeps catching me is the difference between the
newsgroup compose window and the message compose windows.

I don't know how many times I have tried to set up bullet points and
found that they are not there.  Later realizing that I was in a
newsgroup compose window not a message compose.

I suspect it has something to do with the way I have the accounts
figured, but I have them configured the way I want them.
0
Keith
8/1/2018 4:32:15 PM
*-* On Wed, 1 Aug 2018, at 12:32:15 -0400,
*-* In Article
<mailman.499.1533141168.17373.support-thunderbird@lists.mozilla.org>,
*-* Keith Nuttle wrote
*-* About Re: Where has an icon gone - or how do I get another

> On 8/1/2018 12:05 PM, P Rawbone wrote:
>> Found it ! I do feel rather stupid!
>> "insert a link" etc dooh!

>> On 01/08/2018 16:53, P Rawbone wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>> When composing a message there was an icon on the compose bar that
>>> enabled me to insert a horizontal line after the text, amongst
>>> other facilities.
>>> It's gone and I really would like to restore it.  Anyone else had
>> this?

> One of the things that keeps catching me is the difference between
> the newsgroup compose window and the message compose windows.

> I don't know how many times I have tried to set up bullet points and
> found that they are not there.  Later realizing that I was in a
> newsgroup compose window not a message compose.

> I suspect it has something to do with the way I have the accounts
> figured, but I have them configured the way I want them.

      That sounds as if you have your news account(s) configured to
compose in plain text and your e-mail account(s) configured to compose
in HTML.

                                         Ken Whiton
--
     FIDO: 1:132/152